(Topic ID: 101820)

"New" Jungle Queen - Intermittently Chooses Wrong Player & Infinite Balls

By sureshoe

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hello all - first post! A couple days ago I bought 1977 Jungle Queen that is in decent shape. It was $400 and I paid the guy an extra $20 to deliver it and take it to my basement

It has two behaviors that I need to figure out. First, it's on freeplay, but after 5 balls, the game keeps going. It counts ball 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on the back glass, but just keeps rolling after ball 5. I found this thread:
pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-duotron-em-problem-infinite-balls (removed http becaues n00bs can't post links it seems)
Sounds like the same issue - going to check that out.

The other issue it has is that after each ball, it sometimes picks the wrong player. I have mostly only played 1 player games, but sometimes it keeps score on player 3 or 4. So - I play Ball 1, score 20,000 in Player 1's score. Play ball 2, it scores another 10,000 in Player 1. Then, Player 3 might light up even though the backglass thinks its ball 3.

I am completely new to EMs and plan to start digging into repairing/checking relays. I was wondering if anyone had a tip on where I might check this problem.

#2 9 years ago

Disclaimer: I don't know EMs terribly well. Trust anyone else who posts more than me.

It sounds like the player/ball stepper unit needs to be cleaned, and may need new springs based on what our local EM expert told me for my similar issues. (kits are available from Pinball Resource)

#3 9 years ago

Judging by the age of the machine, Collin is most likely right. Read up on pinwiki, or Vid 1900's 'how to' guides, about how to disassemble, clean, and adjust stepper units, and have at it. This is the fun and rewards of owning EM's.

#4 9 years ago

Was this JQ in NP, MN by chance?

(if so, you're close enough I could help with it.)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jungle-queen-intermittently-chooses-wrong-player-infinite-balls-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.