(Topic ID: 169477)

New Game Houdini? Just Announced by American Pinball.

By RickThorn

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,206 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by emkay
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170505_122504 (resized).jpg
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201329 (resized).jpg
20170506_201334 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg
20170506_201339 (resized).jpg
20170506_172939 (resized).jpg
20170506_172921 (resized).jpg
tesla (resized).jpg
1m7dqw (resized).jpg
20170326_010217 (resized).jpg
20170326_010211 (resized).jpg
20170326_010205 (resized).jpg
20170326_010202 (resized).jpg
IMG_1099 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2532 American pinball is advertising in pinball life orders Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #2768 Press Release from American Pinball before TPF 2017 Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #2820 video of game reveal at TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2829 TPF gameplay video (short) Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2831 Photo of Houdini backbox/translite Posted by 1iblind (7 years ago)

Post #2839 more short Houdini gameplay video from TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2841 Video of Houdini catapult toy in action Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2851 Price confirmed as $6995 from sources at TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #3006 A quick review of TPF reactions. Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #3050 Some history of Houdini leading up to TPF from rosh Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#514 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Has this link already been posted?
http://american-pinball.com/

They need to proofread. Aside from that, what the heck. So you can come to them with an idea and they will build a game for you? Is this like those online sites that let you create your own t-shirt?

From the link:

"DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT

American Pinball provide complete end-to-end game design & development solutions, taking care of your IP across its lifetime.

Our services include:
Game Theme Selection, IP, Licensing
Artwork direction from concept to final product
Game design from concept and documentation to realization and white wood prototype.
Graphics development across multiple platforms giving your games ultimate market flexibility
Agile project management delivering your games on time and to budget
Ongoing live game management, development services and software support.
Game hosting from design to daily operation with best PR/ advertisement campaign.
Game BOM monetization programs to help ensure your games’ profitability
Social media retention strategies to keep customer updated with latest news and upcoming launching events."

#525 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I had to look it up so I thought I'd share. - Well done, Chris.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=self-fellating

Like you didn't know.

#810 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

do you throw poop at somebody on the street that you don't know?
(The answer is no btw)

IMG_0035 (resized).JPGIMG_0035 (resized).JPG

#887 7 years ago

If this game is legit, plays well and is not vapor ware, they will sell a shit ton at $7k.

#920 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Forgot coded well too. This game is nothing without code, animations, mechanics, a manufacturing line, after-sale support, and most of all: restitution for burned AIW, RAZA, and MG customers.

Yeah well I was just capturing things in a nutshell; hence my comment not vaporware.

1 week later
#1824 7 years ago
Quoted from Invader78:

Probably was on the rug to help with the rolling, more pinside Histeria lol

Wrong, lol. No hysteria. Fact.

He prattled on and on about understanding he needed his own "rug" moment, ala big lebowski.

#1826 7 years ago
Quoted from Invader78:

Hearsay is not fact my friend

Whatever, friend. It's documented. Troll away if you must.

1 week later
#2113 7 years ago

It was a shit show. There's a reason they are redesigning the cabinet and didn't bring it. It's the same reason they brought on Joe to "clean up " jpop's work and making a clear line in the sand between American and zidware.

#2118 7 years ago
Quoted from radium:

I think as soon as you hire the lead person behind Zidware and promise to manufacture their games, there is no clear line in the sand. There's no way for this to end pretty.

I agree. But that's what they're doing. I think this is a lawyered up posture

#2154 7 years ago

Not sure if serious, but no, not him.

#2181 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

And somehow the money John was paid for a partial pinball arts project of Houdini is going to fund the several hundred thousand dollar deficit of getting zidware titles out?

They were quick to point out it was a barter. Houdini for magic girl completion, lol.

The long is short of it is it is abundantly clear why they all of a sudden elected to distance themselves from vidware ip and cabinet design. They thought they would slide in, use jpop ip, complete magic girl and all would be good. There is a reason they abandoned those plans.

#2187 7 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Did I miss this? Didn't AP bring a "machine" to Global Gaming Expo in Las Vegas? Why not bring that same one to Expo?

Here's your answer:

Quoted from Pinballs:Bottomline, the legal cases vs Jpop are not being dropped (and certainly not by EVERYONE in the class action; that would be unlikely), and AP/Zidware don't own the IP for MG/RAZA/AIW, because Bill Brandes does.

They couldn't bring it because they couldn't use the patented cabinet. They spun it as they want their own identity with their own cabinet but they're not fooling people why the about face in a 3 week span.

#2232 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Joe was the one who said that it was 75% complete. I think he was talking about the layout. In their room he went on to describe it as a white wood with art and that they would have to change a number of the shots.

Joe specifically said it was 75% done or he wouldn't sign on based on the commitment of shipping games in 6 months.

#2245 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Joe is like the 10th guy to be convinced - on John's assurance - that a Zidware/Jpop game is 75% done. The 75%+ crew always ends up working for him/with him.
I think at least 75% of us know how this is going to work out.

You're quoting the wrong Dude. I don't believe that one bit. I was correcting someone who was trying to give AP wiggle room by saying what he "thought" Joe meant.

#2254 7 years ago

I am curious what the secret is behind the artist for Houdini. AP was asked pointblank twice in the seminar and I heard Dennis Nordman ask again in the oak room who was the artist. They declined all three times saying only it's someone who never did the art for pinball but has been around the industry. They flaunt using zidware ip but the artist is a no go. LOL

#2284 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

If I am getting this straight, AP is not zidware, and it is clear they are now trying to make that clear and distance themselves. They say they are a contract manufacturer and that jpop hired them to build games and that he is doing some consulting/contract stuff for them and yes, seems likely that is some form of quid pro quo.

No quid pro quo. Ap specifically said it was a barter arraignment, Houdini for magic girl.

#2292 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

No offense, but what do you think quid pro quo means?

Yeah I flubbed the definition. As much as it's in the news; I should know better. I attribute it to surfing while in a meeting. Thank god we got this sorted out.

#2311 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

» YouTube video
enjoy!

Thanks for posting but just to be clear so everyone hear listening is aware, that's not the full seminar. There seems to be parts/questions missing.

#2313 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yes just watched it and I think I must have missed the end of it. anyway you get the gist.

No worries. I just didn't want people thinking we were making up some of the stuff we said we heard in the seminar.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 84.99
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 36.95
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jpop-game-houdini-just-announced?tu=skins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.