The global show is the 27th
Quoted from davebowman:
I emailed Kaneda, in regards to my problem of me being a dead ringer for him. He will make a formal statement that he is not davebowman, on his podcast. Also, he asked me to relay the information below. Upon reading almost all of it, it seems that he does have accounts on this forum - which may have triggered certain other users to 'shoot from the hip' at new users. I wasn't too pleased with those users, but I can see that there might have been some sort of chain of events leading up to it.
Ladies and gentleman of Pinside lend me thy ears. I'd like to clarify a few of these rumors floating around pinside of late. The truth will set Flynnibus free.
1. I am in no way shape for form affiliated with JPOP or American Pinball.
2. But you posted their press release as RickThorn? Yes I did. It was, shall I say, a truly convenient occurrence. While reading the JPOP thread someone posted the release. I simply grabbed it immediately and started a new thread. This made everyone believe I was the creator of that release. Not true. Maybe it's just pinside karma that dropped this on my lap? Kaneda gets banned for showing images of a broken ramp yet an image of a man being lynched is acceptable.
3. I am not the man in that magic girl photo, my muscles are way bigger.
4. As far as I can tell Magic Girl photo is real
5. Houdini as a machine is real and not a re-skin of Magic Girl
6. Yes, I have been laughing my ass of for days watching people conspiracy theory thing thing.
7. I reached out to Scott Goldberg who's working on Houdini and he's agreed to come on my podcast this week (no this isn't a clue we're working together).
8. I went to a doctor to have a pyschological exam done. He asked me to explain my life. His conclusion was this: "Any grown man who spends more than an hour a day reading a pinball forum is fucking crazy!" So there you have it. I'm certifiably nuts".
9. . There's another scandal crazier than this that's about to rock the pinball hobby
10. Sell all of you X-Men LE's while you still can.
Be nice to each other. It's only pinball. It's just a toy. Your obedient servant,
O.G. - Opera Ghost
I'm the one who posted it first. He clipped it from me
And where it came from had nothing to do with kenda, I don't associate with him. The release copy I had came from American pinball, after I was given my copy of what I posted I was shown the header and tail end of the release info I just didn't post the upper and lower header anywhere.
I hope the mg people get their games, Cointaker posted on American pinball Facebook he is a mg buyer. Says they will make people whole... If I'm speculating the only way they can afford to make mg is if they make more then the 23 games.. Who knows? But it's safe to say no ones sending money in right now all Pinside knows better. When 23 people get working games with working software then what happens? It's progress if it's real. Their promises are few people getting games at expo.. We're only a few weeks away from seeing if it's a sham... Till then have hope for those who were originally involved.
Quoted from Mitch:
The new mg cabs are definitely standard cabs, also 2 buttons per side instead of one, thinner hinges and the decals look lower detail. If and it's a big IF these magic girl do get done I have a feeling it's going to be a dumbed down version of what it was originally supposed to be.
Dumb down version still better then a ghost version
Back on subject.... Is anyone local to this event that can get there to play it in person. It's two days away
American-Pinball™ to Launch its First Pinball Machine at the Global Gaming Expo in Las Vegas on September 26th
Here's some thoughts I have.. Speculation at best
-If they show a game on the 26th and it's the same old steep style cabinet with the same Ramps, it's possible they worked on that original to pass it off as completed by them... the picture of the cabinets we seen are old style, so the one they reveal in a few days should be old style Wms Bally.
-we know from their visitors page on fb the original ramp molds are not in their possession. Someone posted they still have the molds not American pinball.
-if they give that game to Chris with the steep cabinet at expo again it's easy to speculate they have nothing but empty cabinets ready. They could just be passing off the original as theirs
I'd buy one when its ready to ship. No pre ordering for me.. If it's limited run, I'll buy someone and pay the mark up for my risk of waiting. Hope they succeed, hope mg gets shipped
Quoted from Mr68:
Myself and the owners group are now in a beginning phase of negotiations with American Pinball. Personally I love what I’m hearing and believe it to be our best shot. Who knows how it will end, but right now American Pinball looks like stand up guys to me. I’m cautiously optimistic.
– And if things fail, I will carry on with the lawsuit.
Lots of things going on you have no clue about but carry on Pinside.
I hope this works out for you guys...
I'm guessing multiball lock is mm style catapault into the trunk then when multi is going they dump below the trunk and shoot into the open wire form down to the flippers. Cool
Quoted from Mr68:
Looks like possibly four speakers in the head. Two at the top and two at the bottom.
Yes, no lower cabinet speaker pointing at the floor. Separates at the top of the head and two 4" acting as a cabinet speaker at the bottom of the head. Will use all four channels of my amp instead of just three.
Quoted from PinSinner:
The glowing eyes are a bit creepy...but the pin looks great. Amazing what they have achieved in such a short period. Well done American Pinball!
I'm a fan of the LED eyes... reminds me of T2
Would be even cooler if they would change from blue to red or something in diff modes. But very happy they are there
Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside