(Topic ID: 169477)

New Game Houdini? Just Announced by American Pinball.

By RickThorn

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,206 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by emkay
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170505_122504 (resized).jpg
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201329 (resized).jpg
20170506_201334 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg
20170506_201339 (resized).jpg
20170506_172939 (resized).jpg
20170506_172921 (resized).jpg
tesla (resized).jpg
1m7dqw (resized).jpg
20170326_010217 (resized).jpg
20170326_010211 (resized).jpg
20170326_010205 (resized).jpg
20170326_010202 (resized).jpg
IMG_1099 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2532 American pinball is advertising in pinball life orders Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #2768 Press Release from American Pinball before TPF 2017 Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #2820 video of game reveal at TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2829 TPF gameplay video (short) Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2831 Photo of Houdini backbox/translite Posted by 1iblind (7 years ago)

Post #2839 more short Houdini gameplay video from TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2841 Video of Houdini catapult toy in action Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2851 Price confirmed as $6995 from sources at TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #3006 A quick review of TPF reactions. Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #3050 Some history of Houdini leading up to TPF from rosh Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lllvjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 7 years ago

The global show is the 27th

#69 7 years ago

Yup it's real

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Don't forget to remove your profile picture which includes your face when posting

Baaa

#80 7 years ago

American pinball says it's not jpop retheme

#381 7 years ago
Quoted from davebowman:

Hi guys
I emailed Kaneda, in regards to my problem of me being a dead ringer for him. He will make a formal statement that he is not davebowman, on his podcast. Also, he asked me to relay the information below. Upon reading almost all of it, it seems that he does have accounts on this forum - which may have triggered certain other users to 'shoot from the hip' at new users. I wasn't too pleased with those users, but I can see that there might have been some sort of chain of events leading up to it.
--------------------------------
Ladies and gentleman of Pinside lend me thy ears. I'd like to clarify a few of these rumors floating around pinside of late. The truth will set Flynnibus free.
1. I am in no way shape for form affiliated with JPOP or American Pinball.
2. But you posted their press release as RickThorn? Yes I did. It was, shall I say, a truly convenient occurrence. While reading the JPOP thread someone posted the release. I simply grabbed it immediately and started a new thread. This made everyone believe I was the creator of that release. Not true. Maybe it's just pinside karma that dropped this on my lap? Kaneda gets banned for showing images of a broken ramp yet an image of a man being lynched is acceptable.
3. I am not the man in that magic girl photo, my muscles are way bigger.
4. As far as I can tell Magic Girl photo is real
5. Houdini as a machine is real and not a re-skin of Magic Girl
6. Yes, I have been laughing my ass of for days watching people conspiracy theory thing thing.
7. I reached out to Scott Goldberg who's working on Houdini and he's agreed to come on my podcast this week (no this isn't a clue we're working together).
8. I went to a doctor to have a pyschological exam done. He asked me to explain my life. His conclusion was this: "Any grown man who spends more than an hour a day reading a pinball forum is fucking crazy!" So there you have it. I'm certifiably nuts".
9. . There's another scandal crazier than this that's about to rock the pinball hobby
10. Sell all of you X-Men LE's while you still can.
Be nice to each other. It's only pinball. It's just a toy. Your obedient servant,
O.G. - Opera Ghost
----------------------------------

I'm the one who posted it first. He clipped it from me

And where it came from had nothing to do with kenda, I don't associate with him. The release copy I had came from American pinball, after I was given my copy of what I posted I was shown the header and tail end of the release info I just didn't post the upper and lower header anywhere.

I hope the mg people get their games, Cointaker posted on American pinball Facebook he is a mg buyer. Says they will make people whole... If I'm speculating the only way they can afford to make mg is if they make more then the 23 games.. Who knows? But it's safe to say no ones sending money in right now all Pinside knows better. When 23 people get working games with working software then what happens? It's progress if it's real. Their promises are few people getting games at expo.. We're only a few weeks away from seeing if it's a sham... Till then have hope for those who were originally involved.

#387 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

The new mg cabs are definitely standard cabs, also 2 buttons per side instead of one, thinner hinges and the decals look lower detail. If and it's a big IF these magic girl do get done I have a feeling it's going to be a dumbed down version of what it was originally supposed to be.

Dumb down version still better then a ghost version

#492 7 years ago

Back on subject.... Is anyone local to this event that can get there to play it in person. It's two days away

American-Pinball™ to Launch its First Pinball Machine at the Global Gaming Expo in Las Vegas on September 26th

#568 7 years ago

Here's some thoughts I have.. Speculation at best

-If they show a game on the 26th and it's the same old steep style cabinet with the same Ramps, it's possible they worked on that original to pass it off as completed by them... the picture of the cabinets we seen are old style, so the one they reveal in a few days should be old style Wms Bally.

-we know from their visitors page on fb the original ramp molds are not in their possession. Someone posted they still have the molds not American pinball.

-if they give that game to Chris with the steep cabinet at expo again it's easy to speculate they have nothing but empty cabinets ready. They could just be passing off the original as theirs

#652 7 years ago

So jpops a consultant on Houdini.. And there going to get the 25 or less mg orders out. Aiwa and raza could still be on their own

#684 7 years ago

Boston still awake.. Send the info

#947 7 years ago

I'd buy one when its ready to ship. No pre ordering for me.. If it's limited run, I'll buy someone and pay the mark up for my risk of waiting. Hope they succeed, hope mg gets shipped

#1153 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Myself and the owners group are now in a beginning phase of negotiations with American Pinball. Personally I love what I’m hearing and believe it to be our best shot. Who knows how it will end, but right now American Pinball looks like stand up guys to me. I’m cautiously optimistic.
– And if things fail, I will carry on with the lawsuit.
Lots of things going on you have no clue about but carry on Pinside.

I hope this works out for you guys...

#1648 7 years ago

Two of you guys need to open a lawyer fight thread lol

1 week later
#2049 7 years ago

New cabinet design. LED head trim also

IMG_7530 (resized).JPGIMG_7530 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#2582 7 years ago

They posted this on fb this morning

IMG_8353 (resized).PNGIMG_8353 (resized).PNG

2 months later
#2842 7 years ago

That catapault load and shot off the trunk is nasty

#2843 7 years ago

I'm guessing multiball lock is mm style catapault into the trunk then when multi is going they dump below the trunk and shoot into the open wire form down to the flippers. Cool

#2979 7 years ago

Dibs on number one off the line

#3004 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Looks like possibly four speakers in the head. Two at the top and two at the bottom.

Yes, no lower cabinet speaker pointing at the floor. Separates at the top of the head and two 4" acting as a cabinet speaker at the bottom of the head. Will use all four channels of my amp instead of just three.

#3035 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

The glowing eyes are a bit creepy...but the pin looks great. Amazing what they have achieved in such a short period. Well done American Pinball!

I'm a fan of the LED eyes... reminds me of T2
Would be even cooler if they would change from blue to red or something in diff modes. But very happy they are there

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 84.99
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lllvjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jpop-game-houdini-just-announced?tu=lllvjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.