(Topic ID: 169477)

New Game Houdini? Just Announced by American Pinball.

By RickThorn

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,206 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by emkay
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170505_122504 (resized).jpg
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201329 (resized).jpg
20170506_201334 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg
20170506_201339 (resized).jpg
20170506_172939 (resized).jpg
20170506_172921 (resized).jpg
tesla (resized).jpg
1m7dqw (resized).jpg
20170326_010217 (resized).jpg
20170326_010211 (resized).jpg
20170326_010205 (resized).jpg
20170326_010202 (resized).jpg
IMG_1099 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2532 American pinball is advertising in pinball life orders Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #2768 Press Release from American Pinball before TPF 2017 Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #2820 video of game reveal at TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2829 TPF gameplay video (short) Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2831 Photo of Houdini backbox/translite Posted by 1iblind (7 years ago)

Post #2839 more short Houdini gameplay video from TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2841 Video of Houdini catapult toy in action Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2851 Price confirmed as $6995 from sources at TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #3006 A quick review of TPF reactions. Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #3050 Some history of Houdini leading up to TPF from rosh Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#81 7 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if Rick Kaneda is trying to help John like he did before.

Steven P. filed the patent for American Pinball and Goldberg was with Zizzle.

Do they really think anybody is going to buy this garbage?

What a pathetic pos Jpop is.

#95 7 years ago

The idiot that is funding this thing? It's really something else and hard to believe.

Maybe Jpop's wife is digging into the 401k, is that possible given how cheap John is and what a loser he is. His wife might be the only one left to back him?

#107 7 years ago

Kaneda is sitting back laughing his ass off

Anybody that buys a pin from this company or does business with them AND knows the history of what John did to people here is pathetic

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

We all know that if someone worked with JPOP and put out a killer game that actually gets made people would line up with wallets open and bent over with their pants down. The 100 or so people screwed out of money might still hold a grudge but everyone else will forget real quickly. People still buy WCS, TOM, TOTAN, and CV without much thought about it.

It will matter and the dumb F that puts money into this sham is about to find out its money flushed down the toilet.

Jpop, working by himself to develop a pin, CAN'T put out a "killer game", at Bally Williams, with the help of many others some decent pins were made.

A few idiots might line up and buy because they are worried about the pin falling apart and the excellent support and service they will get after the fact.

What a F ing joke this whole idea is. It'll go right up in flames like the last time.

This whole scam represents Jpop trying to skirt the illegal ponzi scheme he perpetrated the first time and think that people will be dumb enough to fall for it again. Of course there will be some idiots, like i said. True idiots.

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

So unless all who paid in on MG & RAZA are made whole at some point - I don't know how anyone can support this project.

And AIW, thanks for weighing in providing that perspective Yeti.

By starting this new company through this other person, John is clearly attempting to wipe out the prior sham and start over.

So nobody is ever going to be made whole, it is what it is, and the result now is that John will never get back to pinball, despite this effort here.

#196 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I can see you being right back in line for another one. You seem like a really good dude, but you have to admit that you can't help yourself when it comes to new pinball. Hell, at one point your entire previously owned list was vaporware.

Haha........that's a definite NO. I lost $4k on this one, its not about the $$, I lost a lot more in Vegas two weeks ago, its about a bad time in pinball and a terrible actor that is trying to parade himself back into good graces as if nothing ever happened.

I have had great luck otherwise with "new pinball", and stuff like this makes me sick and will lessen my enthusiasm for "new pinball" in the future.

#209 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As far as Jpop, hey whatever. Most of us didn't lose any money on the previous fiasco and most of us won't consider it some kind of capital crime if someone wants to buy a new machine he is involved with. Sorry, but that's the truth.

The "truth" is you WON'T buy one and neither will anybody else that knows what happened.

Only a total idiot would buy a pin from this guy and expect it to be supported in the future, have any semblance of code and not fall apart altogether.

That's the "truth" ladies because we know you aren't idiots, a little trolling sure, not stupid.

#228 7 years ago

Anything John related is a HARD no for me Levi

I'd never consider his Bally pins either. Plenty of other great options that don't have his stink on it

#255 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

"Patented cabinet" gives away Jpop's involvement.

And the LCD display in the back of it

#328 7 years ago

Whomever has those empty boxes sitting in whatever the F it is has BLOWN a shit pile of money!

I DON'T want my RAZA or $$$ i paid into AIW. About $4k total.

I would have a party and light it on fire. F that!!!

#335 7 years ago

Why wouldn't the dummies say what they were going to do?

Beyond total stupidity.

Jturd will deliver NOTHING

#336 7 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Call me crazy but I think that might just be Chris (Kaneda) in this picture. Do some google image searches and it's almost him to a T.

If it is, he's wasted time and $$$.

#420 7 years ago

Unless somebody else builds it for them, and codes it for them, nobody is getting a MG or anything else.

A row of empty cabs is just barely above "nothing".

The scam will be revealed with some Houdini announcement. Oh, look over here at these MG cabs, we are trying to make everybody whole, step up and put some $$$ on a nice shiny Houdini.

#526 7 years ago

Where are the MG cabs with fully populated play fields?

Slow down, take a breath and think

You'd have to suspend all common sense AGAIN, to believe the claims these guys are already making. MG delivered to guys by the end of 2016.

Really?

We crucify Stern for production and code issues and this crew is somehow going to magically appear out of nowhere and start making pinball machines that rival Stern.

Really? Wtf

A row of empty cabs again. You can't make this Twilight Zone shit up!

#534 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Actually they told Chris he'd have his at expo...

Well he deserves one. Maybe he's getting that cobbled together proto mess that's laying around somewhere

Or a cardboard cut out

#536 7 years ago

John bought those cabs on close out from the Predator liquidation. Kevin needed a new car

#596 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

They are self imposing the deadlines as they see it as key to their success.

How many times have we heard that one before?

#695 7 years ago

Well, its been almost two years now and we are still waiting for the MG December 17, 2014, post Expo, official rug reveal.

Par for the course.

#704 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

It's been 80 years since the Cubs won 100 games - but at least that DID happen tonight.

Almost 110 yrs since World Series win! This should be the year.

Had Bryant last yr and Rizzo this year on my big fantasy team. Getting Strop back healthy is big for them heading into playoffs.

#709 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

It DOES NOT flip. He said it's gorgeous. Sound like MG?

Imagine that.

#716 7 years ago

Tough duty out there in Vegas. Good job Corn nuts! Appreciate the effort.

#942 7 years ago

I wrote that $$ off a long time ago

If they can make it work out for everybody that's great

Still there are too many other good options out there for me

I'm sticking to Stern and JJP for now because as hard as it is to produce a pinball machine it appears it's even harder to properly code it and make it great.

$7k? No I'd take a Stern premium all day every day

Still I'm interested to see how this plays out

#1023 7 years ago

Some of you guys are cracking me up!

Already talking about how they might rotate games until MG, RAZA and AIW are squared away.

Getting a bit ahead of ourselves here. How about proving you can produce one good pinball machine that has some acceptable code first. What a f Ing joke

Omg these guys are shaking it up for $7k like its some bargain. The same people will bust a nut if the PF had a tiny chip or ghosting on it.

As for AP, my point is that this is John orchestrated and run. If his legal issues ever get worked out then he can take his place as an owner.

What dummies are in for the "early adopter" discount?

#1028 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

This whole mess started because of early adopters wanting a pin that had a limited number of 25. So with great risk comes great reward...I get it. But Risk still means you might be losing something..right?

Sure, I wrote it off as a loss.

AP doesn't owe me anything and I could care less what they do or don't do.

At this point I don't believe anything

#1057 7 years ago

What bothers me the most is we still have no explanation or apology from John.

A few phone calls to MG people and nothing else.

As if everyone else just doesn't matter. How about all the suppliers that got stiffed?

Have some f Ing balls, be a man, face the music, ask for forgiveness and move on.

Instead they just slither in with some half ass launch of a half ass pin

So good luck, knock yourselves out

The only people seemingly with any real common sense in Pinball is Spooky. I don't get wtf some of the other guys are thinking some times

#1167 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Expect in pinball. Competition normally drives prices down however in pinball it did was the opposite. Prices are so ridiculous people think this is a great deal at 7K.

So true, considering this a good deal as of today because this is where the "market" is, just isn't valid.

Prices have crept up dramatically over the past year.

With all of the pinball producers now, prices won't stay up there, just won't.

A Stern premium for around $6500-6700, proven track record and great themes is the sweet spot.

#1227 7 years ago

Gotta fact check you Jack! As one of your biggest supporters from day one your timing was perfect.

The economy wasn't in the shitter in 2011, while it has never fully recovered it was most of 2008, 2009 and some of 2010 that would have been horrible timing

Consumer spending picked up in 2011 thanks to a payroll tax cut in part. While 1.2% growth still sucks, it was growing

Still, it took big balls to do what you did, I'm thankful for it (I think) because JJP got me back interested and involved in pinball like so many other people

You guys deserve huge credit!

#1269 7 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

For anyone who may feel this way & is in fear of being flamed:
I'm really excited to see this pin launch/flip and will consider buying one if the purchase helps make things right with jpop customers.

No flaming allowed on that comment!

If people love this pin for whatever reason, go for it.

At the end of the day, they make it great and sell a lot, they don't, they won't.

They have HUGE hurdles to overcome.

#1273 7 years ago

And I'm only saying this on the merits of what I've seen so far. Forget the whole Jpop thing.

I have ZERO interest in Houdini, it looks somewhat cheap to me, I don't like the artwork/color palette or the looks of the layout.

I will not even consider buying one at $7k because there are plenty of other better options out there imho, based on what we have seen so far.

The idea that $7k is now a bargain has made me rethink it all. Yes I know I'm getting a BM66LE at $9500, because its Stern, Lyman, great theme, Gomez, 30th anniversary etc.

For $2500 more? It's not even F ing close. I know I'll get a great pinball machine. And i have great pins with TWDLE and GBLE in the $7500-$8k range. Again, absolutely ZERO confidence in anything else except JJP for that price range.

In the future, the only people that get my $$$ will be Stern, JJP or Spooky. Themes and coding!

#1278 7 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

thought u were on alien?

I still have deposit but its been so long and BM66LE came out at a ridiculous price. I bit, and dropped RZ and will do the same with AlienLE.

I have the $$ but there are only so many hits I'm willing to take.

We are getting to the point where pin buyers who feel they are getting shafted and can't sell pins in the secondary market aren't going to pony up anymore.

Like I said, i don't mind losing money on pins, I love the hobby, but I'm going to be a whole lot more picky about what i get and i already have so many pins i love!

#1279 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Sorry dude but your first sentence made me lol when you are dropping almost 10k on what exactly have you seen so far? Speculation isn't a bad thing imo. Best of luck!

You don't know what I've seen dude.

#1282 7 years ago

Think Julie Neymar naked.

In her prime

#1345 7 years ago

It's more like a designer needed a manufacturer and $$ and found Scott from his Zizzle fo Shizzle days

AP didn't just appear out of nowhere and then say, hey wait a minute, what about hiring Jpop! He's awesome

#1348 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Even weirder
Thats like me needing a job, finding someone not in business & saying "hey you should open a company that does shit I know how to do so I can work there"

Yep, that's what happened. John finally found an "investor" and manufacturing partner. He's an off the books owner at this point.

#1386 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Again, apologies. This hobby is nuts. We are nuts.

Ain't that the f ing truth! I know I'm nuts so I fit right in.

#1433 7 years ago

That form really doesn't mean anything legally.

Once again, not that it really matters, but you'd have to suspend all common sense to think Jpop isn't a silent partner. I know he is.

I think Scott is an attorney?

I have a client that is a 65% silent partner of my LLC Oil & Gas services company client, as in he shows up nowhere on anything, primarily because the clients they work for won't do business with him personally any longer. Yet he put up the $$$.

Really simple to fix, give Jpop a option to buy a % of the LLC membership units at his convenience, for $10 and other good and valuable consideration.

If they ever resolve the Zidware issues then in rides Jpop as an owner. Will anybody care? Who knows.

In any event its an easy legal work around, including the licensing of any IP from Zidware.

#1472 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Vegas reveal - Gambling - Losing money

That's all you need to know Billy, "7 out"

#1548 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

If JPop was not involved at all, AP would not be producing MG pinball machines.
Think about it... then tell me honestly that the better situation is for AP to not produce MG games.

They wouldn't be making Houdini either

#1590 7 years ago

"MG isn't playable right now"

That shocks me!

A couple of more lambs heading to slaughter?

Def gonna be most drama filled expo ever

#1600 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Curious:
- A lot of respect for JPop. And a lot of baggage. Why not hire another designer with equal portfolio and better reputation?
- Why does a new pinball company even care about MG, RAZA or AIW? Great follow-up question would have been does JPop own part of AP? Are you using JPop/Zidware IP to build these games?

From day one, its clear to me that Jpop is running this show and is a silent partner. Makes no difference really.

And I think Jpop has his own $$ into AP and hopes to use this as a way to get out of legal troubles and fix his legacy.

Will it ever be made public? I doubt it, no need to.

#1608 7 years ago

Give it up Flynnie on the legal front. You have ZERO clue with your ramblings about nothing

None of what you say means anything. You are clueless with respect to an involuntary dissolution and no I'm not going to write a two page essay explaining all of the possible options for you

And none of this BABBLE has any material relevance to anything!

#1609 7 years ago

On the other hand, a "voluntary dissolution" means the debts have been paid and assets distributed. You have gotten a certificate of good standing with the comptroller, etc

Now you don't see that here, do you?

#1611 7 years ago

My hourly rate is $550 an hour. Or call Tiger or RobT so they can explain it to you

My number is 210-687-1333

#1616 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

There is nothing saying Zidware was an involuntary dissolution. Zidware doesn't even have any judgements against it yet AFAIK let alone a court ordered dissolution.
If you have anything to the contrary... put up or shutup. Your lack of detail and over reaching is tiring.

It says it on the Illinois state website! Open your eyes and f Ing read it

Doesn't have to be "court ordered" Mr. legal eagle. So many other ways. What are they?

If you have a question, ask it. You don't have to Trump it all the time.

#1618 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's status does not, but I do see now under 'secretary' it mentions involuntary. But how does that change the answers to the poster's questions?
See... you can have an actual contribution to the thread besides 'WRONG!!' - try adding value. He asked specific questions. Maybe you can afford those pinside members some pro bono work..

I do, and offer it all the time!

I do Wills and Trusts for Pinsiders in Texas pro bono if they need the help. My license won't allow me to go out of state.

#1621 7 years ago

(a) It has failed to file its annual report or final transition annual report and pay its franchise tax as required by this Act before the first day of the anniversary month or, in the case of a corporation which has established an extended filing month, the extended filing month of the corporation of the year in which such annual report becomes due and such franchise tax becomes payable;
(b) it has failed to file in the office of the Secretary of State any report after the expiration of the period prescribed in this Act for filing such report;
(c) it has failed to pay any fees, franchise taxes, or charges prescribed by this Act;
(d) it has misrepresented any material matter in any application, report, affidavit, or other document filed by the corporation pursuant to this Act;

This is common in the State of Texas and easy to remedy and reinstate an entity if desired.

#1628 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

that's what I want to know.. if it was administrative or judicial. But the full illinois circuit court records for docs aren't available online for the lay... easily that I can find.

It doesn't appear to be judicial ordered because the litigation is still pending.

Admin dissolution due to lack of filing franchise tax return would be my guess.

None of it matters, John is a silent partner with AP and the IP with Zidware Inc.? What's it worth? Not much imo.

I don't know what Zidware Inc. worked out with Bill.

If I was AP I wouldn't care other than trying to make Zidware liabilities whole as part of the whole "process"

DC might know about actual IP filings and I know Steven Marsh has continued on to this day. I think Steve is a good guy and trying to do the right thing.

I highly doubt IP rights will be litigated, nobody will win in that case and I don't see anything of value anyhow

End of the day, how much $$$$ are the 3 amigos putting into this deal to try and salvage it? It will take a lot

#1638 7 years ago

I think Bill still owns the IP rights and contract to produce MG?

Not sure what legal theories could be implemented to get around MG other than simply not make it.

AP might be forced to try Houdini if they can produce it and come back to MG later?

#1643 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

but they've already gone on record (multiple times) that they intend to deliver MG this year. Before I would have said, that meant ensure zidware can deliver those games.. but if zidware stays defunct... that means another entity would have to be involved in the transaction.. or maybe MG is part of the wrap-up of zidware? So many angles that are possible...
Would be nice if bill clarified if he was transfered the exclusive right and if that included a license back to zidware.. but he's been mum on most of this. So makes you wonder if more dialogue is happening...

Suffice it to say dialogue is in the works

Must be the blind leading the blind

Putting the cart before the horse

First call should have been to Bill

If the $$$ is there this deal could work out. And I mean a lot of $$$

Why would AP basically assume the liabilities? Because AP is Jpop first and foremost

#1647 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

You are the richest poor person I know RD

One of the smartest people for sure

#1688 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The games tho continue to put out many incredible titles.

Technically its not the games themselves that are putting out many incredible titles, its Stern.

And you spell it "though" not "tho".

#1690 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Tho is an acceptable form of though, it's the informal variant.

tongue is in the cheek anything goes texting on a phone

#1698 7 years ago

Tron was in 2011, so you also have to include that stinker TF which gets a D

TWDLE, GBLE and Ac/dc are as good as it gets imo. Others would throw Met, Tron, ST and GOT in there. Not too shabby.

Before that:

Rolling Stones
Iron Man
BBH
NBA
CSI
BDK
IJ
Shrek
WOF

#1777 7 years ago

I really hope they pull it off somehow.

It feels like a steaming pile of shit.

#1834 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

But the next push will be to show it off, take some vids and some good pictures and review. I have really nothing else on my schedule pinball show wise, so will be focused and working hard until my birthday in March. I have brought in a new project manager (with pinball experience) also, he starts today and we will go thru orientation and keep us on track. Hopefully he will fit in. Again please call (evenings are best) or email with any items and I will reply. Jpop"

The "project manager" was a guy that could have really helped him get his shit together. He didn't actually have him "hired" at that point.

As usual, it was just the case that John talked to somebody about the possibility of helping out and then all of a sudden he claims he's "hired" someone.

This guy tried to go to work for him in January after the non rug reveal fiasco. And realized shortly thereafter that John really had no intention of paying him other than gas money and food at work during late nights.

This is about when the shit really started to hit the fan. He got in contact with me that January and told me John was impossible to work with, especially for free.

That's when i found out he had been "noodling" on all of these other EM concepts and project pins that he kept in some back room! Like Pussycat bowling and others.

1 week later
#2045 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

why even bother to be at the expo in the first place if they have nothing to show or play, hell an empty cab at least, why not bring the one they had a few weeks ago.
what a waste of time. i feel sorry for them, obviously nothing will happen in 9 months, not even close.

Why not lie, everybody else does it in pinball. Just not the world i live in so i don't get it but whatever.

Hope it works out and see them at next expo?

#2140 7 years ago

I agree with you Flynnie

#2165 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

So we're all agreeing Houdini gets best in show?

You and your brother Kaneda need to give it up

#2169 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

You're from Texas. Your opinion doesn't matter.

Ok, coming from that piss ant state of Mass, that's funny!

5 times the population and 12th largest economy in the world. And MUCH nicer people.

#2202 7 years ago

Listen, some of the SHILLS on here have been pumping this garbage up so they could sell out to some fool who would believe the BS

MUCH worse than what Jpop ever did

A F ing disgrace

#2206 7 years ago

Get yourself one Neo. Shill man is still around

#2207 7 years ago

Don't believe a word any of these SHILLS trying to take down unsuspecting MARKS and using Pinside and Facebook to do it.

This isn't Nigeria and don't fall for some horrendous Pinsider trying to take advantage of you

#2210 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Didn't you play it?

yep, you and i rolled some pinballs down the hallway and called it Houdini, didn't we?

Meanwhile, the SHILL was there pumping and dumping

#2217 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't think that was me. But i'm sure we played some games together.
You didn't like Alien? Personally, I thought it was pretty good. Finding jonsey mode made me smile. Especially the expressions on the cats face that show up on the screen.

I love Alien Neo Can't wait for that one

#2227 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

I CALL BULLSHIT! There is no way n hell that the clowns did not know about John and his continued scamming of this community. They are supposed to be business professionals.

Ask a few of the shills here and the direct coordination to one of the AP characters Scott.

They are working together to pump this up. While dumping it at the same time.

Somebody, a foolish person, actually bought out with real $$$ a MG position from one of the shills. Wow factor!

#2264 7 years ago

Bottom line, i feel sorry for Scott and Vasani. I hope they have a crap pile of $$$ to fix all of this because thats what its going to take.

Even though i have lost $$$ and feel terrible for everybody, i think if AP really wants to start a pinball company they should forget MG and the prior pins.

If they think getting MG out is going to satisfy everything, think again. It was a boatload of $$$ from RAZA and AIW that helped get it there.

Now i realize there is some self dealing going on by a few shills in the MG secret society ring decoder club to help only themselves, but that ain't gonna work out.

I got booted out of the secret society again by its ringleader, thankfully, because i didn't care then and i don't care now, especially the more i learn about what is going on.

How about the irony of secretly trying to cut a deal for their own interests and hiding it from everybody else?

Well, Bill Brandes deserves EVERY penny he put up to salvage Johnny boy the first time BEFORE anything else happens and I hope that he sticks it to those guys re MG and the rights to make that pin.

At the end of the day, here's my advice AP, forget John, he's scorched earth, never could create a pinball machine that is functional, ask Balcer and what Heck saw of both pins.

Move on, I wouldn't pay a dime to us Jpop victims, especially unless you pay Bill first.

There will be plenty of people that will line up to buy a $7k Houdini now, especially after the recent price reveals

Ignore the shills trying to lead you down the wrong path.

#2277 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I checked the mirror. Saw a guy who helped Spooky ship twice the # of games John promised total, in half the time, with our own money.
Crappy receding hairline though...

Drop the F ing Mic!!!

I am ROLFLMAO right now

#2279 7 years ago

Here is the reality, like it or not. Just trying to shed some reality.

1) AP can't/won't take care of ALL of the John BS as a business owner. Just can't. Plug one hole in the dike and the next one squirts through. It's a never ending abortion

2) If AP wants to be a real pinball company, turn the reigns over to Balcer and let him go. Put up the $$$

3) After this weekend at Expo, I'm 1000% convinced if AP can roll out a Houdini pin for $7k versus a $9k JJP fiasco then nobody will care who is behind this pin or any other they do.

-Even Charles Manson could get creative, design a pin like this and it would sell at $7k

4) Why? Because 85% of pinball people are cheap frugal people. Hear that Jack?

So, I got caught up the F ing swath of Jpop destruction. I honestly don't want to or care to relive it. It's game over

What i would F ing like to see are people like Bill Brandes and Chris and Cointaker somehow be made whole.

And other vendors that got F ed along the way. We are talking about 6 figure F jobs.

The selfish crybabies that worry about the mistake they made need to get over it. Yes it sucks. So does life sometimes. Move on.

It's the DB's that try and profit, behind the scenes off of this fiasco that are "irredeemable". It makes me sick

Even though people should be smart enough to know, they aren't.

So secret decoder ring dudes, you are F ed and done, good luck.

#2339 7 years ago

It's simple.

AP will and should forget MG, RAZA and AIW, pins that weren't engineered to work in the first place or ever had a prayer of being delivered.

Focus on Houdini and give previous Jpop victims a rebate of some kind if they want to buy a Houdini.

Onward and upward. Forget the past and let it go.

3 weeks later
#2380 7 years ago

Adios Houdini, nice knowing you.

Another flame out in the swath of destruction that is Jpop.

3 weeks later
#2424 7 years ago

These things are almost ready to ship. Didn't you know?

That's what the "private" facebook group owners said

Some actually tried to sell their MG spot and one in particular agreed to a deal to buy it!

3 weeks later
#2548 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Not to mention Houdini was filled with "z" parts, funded by all the zidware customers.

This is pinball Frolic. Perhaps the dumbest marketing people on earth mixed in with a few used car salesmen and overall shysters.

You can't expect explanations, reasoning or logic from any of them.

#2641 7 years ago

Some people just seem intent on flushing $$$ down the toilet. And a whole lot of it at that.

While they are flushing $$ down the toilet they better plunge Jpop and everything associated with him down it as well.

It's impossible to take care of us MG, RAZA and AIW buyers.

Who would ever take a chance on this Houdini pin before its completely finished, if ever?

#2687 7 years ago

ZERO chance any related to Jpop ever sees the light of day.

ZERO chance I even sniff this Houdini, too much other stuff coming out from real pinball makers.

1 week later
#2722 7 years ago

I hope AP has success with Houdini and makes a good pin.

If they give any edge to MG without addressing the RAZA and AIW people then they are F ed in my book.

Why they would even bother at this point is beyond me.

#2737 7 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

2) Finish what they were contracted to do and deliver MG and move on with their lives without JPOP. The second option would show that they are a true company that stands behind their word and are a company capable of producing a game.

Not gonna happen. John breached the contract with AP. Never even had the right to deliver MG. That simple.

There is NOTHING for them to make right. That's on Jpop.

#2739 7 years ago

If you are AP please tell why on earth they would even want the MG rights.

The game is apparently garbage and now they have Balcer and a coder.

Are they going to make them and give them away for free?

Maybe Bill has something up his sleeve

3 months later
#3140 6 years ago

The plastic ramp looks out of place.

Somebody needs to make a wireform for this game

#3149 6 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Rosh said they are planning on replacing the plastic ramp with a wireform.

Plus 1000%

That will make a huge difference to the aesthetics on that pin. Houdini is shaping up very nicely!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 119.99
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jpop-game-houdini-just-announced?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.