(Topic ID: 169477)

New Game Houdini? Just Announced by American Pinball.

By RickThorn

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,206 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by emkay
  • Topic is favorited by 74 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170505_122504 (resized).jpg
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201329 (resized).jpg
20170506_201334 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg
20170506_201339 (resized).jpg
20170506_172939 (resized).jpg
20170506_172921 (resized).jpg
tesla (resized).jpg
1m7dqw (resized).jpg
20170326_010217 (resized).jpg
20170326_010211 (resized).jpg
20170326_010205 (resized).jpg
20170326_010202 (resized).jpg
IMG_1099 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2532 American pinball is advertising in pinball life orders Posted by DennisK (4 years ago)

Post #2768 Press Release from American Pinball before TPF 2017 Posted by unigroove (4 years ago)

Post #2820 video of game reveal at TPF Posted by Khabbi (4 years ago)

Post #2829 TPF gameplay video (short) Posted by Khabbi (4 years ago)

Post #2831 Photo of Houdini backbox/translite Posted by 1iblind (4 years ago)

Post #2839 more short Houdini gameplay video from TPF Posted by Khabbi (4 years ago)

Post #2841 Video of Houdini catapult toy in action Posted by Khabbi (4 years ago)

Post #2851 Price confirmed as $6995 from sources at TPF Posted by Khabbi (4 years ago)

Post #3006 A quick review of TPF reactions. Posted by rosh (4 years ago)

Post #3050 Some history of Houdini leading up to TPF from rosh Posted by rosh (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hardware.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#621 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

The date is today right?

I seen both 26th and 27th of Sept.

#646 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

If it wasn't Kaneda it was a clone of him and good riddance.

I haven't logged in for over a year until a few days ago. But I had Kaneda blocked long ago. What happened to him that I missed?

#663 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

We are still his little obsession. He currently creates fake accounts and yells "look at me, please look at me" to pump up his failing podcast. This thread was created by him under a fake account.

Thanks! Pinballlew PM'd me a similar answer, but provided a link to Kaneda's podcast. Is Pinballlew Kaneda?

#677 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I assure you I am not Kaneda. Well sht that is what kaneda would say...the link to the podcast was so you can see how he freaked out on everyone and continues to do so.

I appreciate it, but if I check out his podcast I'm basically supporting him. I won't do it.

#706 5 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Welp, don't shoot the messenger of the messenger, but here's what we have. It's real, sort of. Here's a pic of Tim (Cornelius) with the flyer. He was not allowed to take up close photos. The pics he has will be on Pinballnews.com tomorrow. From what he told me and the points on the flyer, here's what I have.
- Not a Magic Girl retheme
- LCD is underneath the glass but bigger than CV's DMD
- MSRP $6,995
- LED's
- Full Backglass
- Custom Stainless Trim
- Bunch of toys
It DOES NOT flip. He said it's gorgeous. Sound like MG?
So I guess the short is nothing to get super excited about. The MG, RAZA and AIW folks still need to be made whole for American Pinball to be successful. Period. Sorry I don't have more. I did my best.

Thanks for your service!

#725 5 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I really wish I had more for you. Tim did say there will be much more tomorrow on pinballnews. Please keep in mind I know some of you don't like Tim but without him we would literally have no info. He jumped on a plane with a day's notice to do the story.

Why don't people like Tim?

#968 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

The only thing that could blow this hype to the stratosphere is if its revealed Trump is the millionaire backer.

If it is Trump they would have used the word Billionaire.

#1070 5 years ago

Damn! People are really getting fired up.

I have to ask if anyone ever thinks "Why am I wasting my energy on things outside of my control?"

I think this AP thing is interesting, but I'll wait it out for the facts at this point.

#1124 5 years ago
Quoted from Nighthawk128:

Looks like one hell of a skilled shot to make the stairs ramp from the left flipper

Isn't there a guide on the right side leading up to the ramp?

#1137 5 years ago

I'm going to say that "chamber" drops down into the playfield ala ringmaster as soon as the game starts. There is simply no way the display would be obstructed like that at all times.

#1166 5 years ago

For $7k at least it comes with floating gargoyle plastic sentinels.

#1208 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What in God's name is a Real Solenoid Quickstep, and why is it good that all American Pinball machines will have them?

That is a great question. Maybe Houdini will revolutionize pinball? For now I'm just stoked about plastic pieces being a feature, not only that it's the first feature which means it's the biggest selling point.

#1210 5 years ago
Quoted from Bonnevil69:

As far as the right ramp. I think it is possible to make and the lines drawn to show this are a best case scenario, now let's draw some lines for the more common shot to this ramp where it slams into the side

I still feel there is a long guide that lines up with the right side of the ramp. I don't know why since others don't seem to like it, but my brain is not telling me that this is going to be a hard shot.

#1218 5 years ago

If these newer manufacturers charged what W/B did for games in the 90's these companies would close up shop as well.

To expect games to be 3K NIB today is not realistic.

However I believe they should be able to make a comfortable profit in the 5k range.

3 years ago I spent over 5k on a machine for the first time.

I said right then that it's my limit and haven't bought since.

It did not make a difference with current pricing, lol.

Too many people with money willing to pay any price hurts us all.

A possible positive is that less machines are behing sold with these higher prices which hopefully helps each machine to hold their value in case you do decide to buy.

#1237 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Myself and the owners group are now in a beginning phase of negotiations with American Pinball. Personally I love what I’m hearing and believe it to be our best shot. Who knows how it will end, but right now American Pinball looks like stand up guys to me. I’m cautiously optimistic.
– And if things fail, I will carry on with the lawsuit.
Lots of things going on you have no clue about but carry on Pinside.

This reminds me of those times when someone says "You're not going to believe this" and you respond with "what?". Then they respond with "you know what, nevermind". LOL. I'm glad you love what you are hearing, but why even mention this in a public forum? lol

#1246 5 years ago

I'm taking the plunge. Guaranteed to get 001. $2500 deposited, YOLO!

#1251 5 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

That's gonna go over well!
Haha

LOL, could you imagine? or Believe?

#1306 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Based on what analysis?

They would sell more units. You can disagree, it's OK.

#1315 5 years ago

Based on what analysis?

I should clarify since there are a lot of factors.

JJP would not profit in the 5K range.

Stern machines could be profitable in the 5K range.

If you need to analyze simply look at a Stern machine.

No one in their right mind could say they match up to a JJP game.

#1349 5 years ago

Again, based on what analysis? Your privy to their financials?
You know their production, labor, overhead, and marketing costs.. Etc.
How much are you so kindly letting stern profit on their machines?
I still do thnk the whole application process is odd, but not my company.

I hear what you are saying.

#1593 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Ok, I'd rather have them not produce MG games.
I know this got lost in the drama of Jpopa ripping everyone's off, but let's not forget:
Magic Girl looked like a big turd of a game.
This is like fighting over who should produce the remake of Howard the Duck.

Wait, someone is making Howard the Duck?

1 week later
#1872 5 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

JPop's original plans for MG was a guaranteed loss for him from the beginning

He probably wanted you to think that, but in his weird mind I don't think what happened is considered a loss to him.

#1997 5 years ago

Jflop present?

#2004 5 years ago
Quoted from PinJump:

John isn't here.

Maybe he will jump out of an imaginary MG.

#2030 5 years ago

I just talked to Rob Berk and scheduled in a time slot for next years expo. I have some thoughts and ideas I want to reveal to the public.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hardware.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside