(Topic ID: 169477)

New Game Houdini? Just Announced by American Pinball.

By RickThorn

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,206 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by emkay
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170505_122504 (resized).jpg
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201329 (resized).jpg
20170506_201334 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg
20170506_201339 (resized).jpg
20170506_172939 (resized).jpg
20170506_172921 (resized).jpg
tesla (resized).jpg
1m7dqw (resized).jpg
20170326_010217 (resized).jpg
20170326_010211 (resized).jpg
20170326_010205 (resized).jpg
20170326_010202 (resized).jpg
IMG_1099 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2532 American pinball is advertising in pinball life orders Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #2768 Press Release from American Pinball before TPF 2017 Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #2820 video of game reveal at TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2829 TPF gameplay video (short) Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2831 Photo of Houdini backbox/translite Posted by 1iblind (7 years ago)

Post #2839 more short Houdini gameplay video from TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2841 Video of Houdini catapult toy in action Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2851 Price confirmed as $6995 from sources at TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #3006 A quick review of TPF reactions. Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #3050 Some history of Houdini leading up to TPF from rosh Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fnosm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1393 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

First of all, i thought you were one of the unfortunate people as you were insulting him at each post. Glad you aren't.
JPop is back in business even If i don't really know What is his status in AP company. Anyway i think there is a cause to defend, get the money back to all people that have been stolen. AP seems to be réceptive to the request as they are new in the business and it would commercially good for us. It is now the Time to the negociation and personnally i would advise to be calm and not to insult all the time.

I disagree,
The damage JPOP has inflicted on this community is obscene.

He was able to further his larceny due to the benefit of the doubt (BOTD) that most easily extend to each other. In many cases this noble quality of man serves society well. In this case the BOTD needs to be suspended. In fact the BOTD should never again be extended to this person.

As thinking, intelligent beings, who now know better, it is incumbent on us to protect the unsuspecting and to limit (if not eliminate) the further damage that this person is allowed to do.

FWIW I think that every post on every topic on pinside should end with:

"Beware JPOP. He is a conman and he will steal your money."

#1439 7 years ago

Just to clarify:

"Beware JPOP. He is a conman and he will steal your money."

#1762 7 years ago

Seeing that picture of KISS reminded me that

JPOP is a conman and he will steal your money.

#1813 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

One more point about CV. I absolutely love how the DMD is down low in the back of the playfield. I think that is the ideal location out of all the pins I've played. I haven't played Heighway pins yet though so the on PF display might win...

This is an interesting topic and probably deserves (may already have) its own thread. My own view is the more video the better. However, unless it is the playfield (see Multimorphic Pinball, Lexy Lightspeed) or integrated like the TV on TSPP, The video should be in the backbox (well done JJP, and HP.) Having a video screen/DMD on the playfield only serves as a distraction to the player. Remember in this sport the object is to keep your eye on the ball, not the tube.

For me as a player the DMD in CV is hard to see, reduces usable real estate and is next to useless for those not playing the game. While having it on the playfield is innovative, I think the backbox is the best home for the DMD.

#1827 7 years ago
Quoted from Invader78:

Hearsay is not fact my friend

So you are throwing Pinside under the bus to defend JPOP?

Need I remind you?

JPOP is a conman and he will steal your money

#1828 7 years ago

Did I just got Punk'd by Kaneda?

1 week later
#2293 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So, they're either dumb, shady, or both.
Bye AP.

Bye Felicia!

4 weeks later
#2388 7 years ago

Why didn't anyone ever tell us that :

JPOP is a conman and he will steal your money

?

4 months later
#3061 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Good morning all. This will likely be a very, long post, as I hope to catch folks up on all things Houdini. I figured one long post was better than trying to respond to each question/post individually. So, you may want to refill your cup of coffee before continuing on. (edit: having now finished typing this, it is really, really, really long, you may have for refill your coffee half way through, is there an award for longest post ever on pinside?, heck I wonder if it will even let me post this)).

I can't wait.

1m7dqw (resized).jpg1m7dqw (resized).jpg

#3066 7 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

I love everything but the slingshot plastics. Minor issue. Nice game.

Agreed they don't really look like they belong. I'm down with sexy magic girls but the way these plastics look, at least in the pictures, they just look like they weren't designed for this machine, to me.

Also, since we (meaning me) are being hyper-critical, the cogs on the return plastics and flippers really remind me of Game Of Thrones. GOT are a great book & tv series but one of the all time big disappointments when it comes to pinball art. It makes me shudder to think about it. A suggestion for another way to go is to use film cannisters, film reels, trailing film and the smiling/sad theater masks in place of what is there now. I think these would go great with this theme and not cause flashbacks or comparisons to GOT. BTW I dig the big cogs on the jets, they really feel like a clockwork to me.

Again, stunning game, amazing achievement and I really love the commitment from the development team.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 119.99
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fnosm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jpop-game-houdini-just-announced?tu=fnosm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.