(Topic ID: 169477)

New Game Houdini? Just Announced by American Pinball.

By RickThorn

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,206 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by emkay
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170505_122504 (resized).jpg
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201329 (resized).jpg
20170506_201334 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg
20170506_201339 (resized).jpg
20170506_172939 (resized).jpg
20170506_172921 (resized).jpg
tesla (resized).jpg
1m7dqw (resized).jpg
20170326_010217 (resized).jpg
20170326_010211 (resized).jpg
20170326_010205 (resized).jpg
20170326_010202 (resized).jpg
IMG_1099 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2532 American pinball is advertising in pinball life orders Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #2768 Press Release from American Pinball before TPF 2017 Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #2820 video of game reveal at TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2829 TPF gameplay video (short) Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2831 Photo of Houdini backbox/translite Posted by 1iblind (7 years ago)

Post #2839 more short Houdini gameplay video from TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2841 Video of Houdini catapult toy in action Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2851 Price confirmed as $6995 from sources at TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #3006 A quick review of TPF reactions. Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #3050 Some history of Houdini leading up to TPF from rosh Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#117 7 years ago

I'm honestly confused.

Is this all bullshit or is there any chance it's real?

Someone who has done the homework please chime in!

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Exact opposite. He has all the symptoms of having a narcissistic personality disorder. I can assure you he is mad as hell, turning bright red with anger.

I can assure you he is not

#137 7 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I'm in provided; I get an instant credit of $4,750 (already paid to JPoop) and balance of $2,245 paid in cash, after it's loaded into the back of my Denali.

That's the real fun - can you imagine if this actually happened...and then Zidware "buyers" were told to go F themselves? Why wouldn't that happen if it were a different company?

#198 7 years ago
Quoted from Wahnsinniger:

That we know of...

Beach Boys played a small but key role in helping Charles Manson establish his following. And Mike Love, I gotta think he's had somebody killed over the past few decades.

As far as Jpop, hey whatever. Most of us didn't lose any money on the previous fiasco and most of us won't consider it some kind of capital crime if someone wants to buy a new machine he is involved with. Sorry, but that's the truth.

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The "truth" is you WON'T buy one and neither will anybody else that knows what happened.
Only a total idiot would buy a pin from this guy and expect it to be supported in the future, have any semblance of code and not fall apart altogether.
That's the "truth" ladies because we know you aren't idiots, a little trolling sure, not stupid.

I'm not talking about that at all. I'm talking about the idea that "Anybody who buys this game is a monster after what he did to so many pinheads, and will be shamed by the community!!!!"

If they actually produce a game some people will buy it and most of us will happily seek it out to play it.

And of course I wouldn't buy something like this, I've never spent more than $4,000 on a pinball machine.

I would agree that if they are expecting to fund this venture on the strength of a demo game and a shit-ton of preorder money they probably won't have any luck at all or people stupid enough to go for it. But if they have the cash to get the assembly line rolling?

Game on, baby! Wouldn't even surprise me if YOU bought one, you seem to love throwing around exhorbitant amounts of money in this hobby.

#338 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you do like your house filled with brand new $10,000 monuments to the past, then stay tuned....

This is exactly what literally 99 % of home pinball buyers want. It's clear as day.

Give it up already, for CHrist sake. For the love of God man.

#373 7 years ago

At this point, would magic girl "owners" be willing to simply accept those purty empty cabinets and call it a day?

They do look pretty nice!

#377 7 years ago
Quoted from davebowman:

Hi guys
I emailed Kaneda, in regards to my problem of me being a dead ringer for him. He will make a formal statement that he is not davebowman, on his podcast. Also, he asked me to relay the information below. Upon reading almost all of it, it seems that he does have accounts on this forum - which may have triggered certain other users to 'shoot from the hip' at new users. I wasn't too pleased with those users, but I can see that there might have been some sort of chain of events leading up to it.
--------------------------------
Ladies and gentleman of Pinside lend me thy ears. I'd like to clarify a few of these rumors floating around pinside of late. The truth will set Flynnibus free.
1. I am in no way shape for form affiliated with JPOP or American Pinball.
2. But you posted their press release as RickThorn? Yes I did. It was, shall I say, a truly convenient occurrence. While reading the JPOP thread someone posted the release. I simply grabbed it immediately and started a new thread. This made everyone believe I was the creator of that release. Not true. Maybe it's just pinside karma that dropped this on my lap? Kaneda gets banned for showing images of a broken ramp yet an image of a man being lynched is acceptable.
3. I am not the man in that magic girl photo, my muscles are way bigger.
4. As far as I can tell Magic Girl photo is real
5. Houdini as a machine is real and not a re-skin of Magic Girl
6. Yes, I have been laughing my ass of for days watching people conspiracy theory thing thing.
7. I reached out to Scott Goldberg who's working on Houdini and he's agreed to come on my podcast this week (no this isn't a clue we're working together).
8. I went to a doctor to have a pyschological exam done. He asked me to explain my life. His conclusion was this: "Any grown man who spends more than an hour a day reading a pinball forum is fucking crazy!" So there you have it. I'm certifiably nuts".
9. . There's another scandal crazier than this that's about to rock the pinball hobby
10. Sell all of you X-Men LE's while you still can.
Be nice to each other. It's only pinball. It's just a toy. Your obedient servant,
O.G. - Opera Ghost
----------------------------------

What are you doing, Dave?

#399 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Dumb down version still better then a ghost version

I'm not sure anybody was ever incredibly excited about those ridiculous magic girl cabs that were so big you'd need a cargo van to haul around. It seems that American Pinball's sweeping reforms are getting this project back on the right track!!!

Where do I send my money? Can I PayPal $10,000 to the 847 phone number?

#445 7 years ago

TOM is better than it's reputation around here, which isn't surprising since it's collectors here, not players. It may not show up in competitions but that doesn't mean it isn't a fun game. It's my favorite Jpop game and the only one I'd really care to own again.

His best and most balanced all around pinball game is probably WCS, but we all know Steve Ritchie and others finished that project, and the game gets pretty old pretty fast at home.

TOTAN and CV are pretty and nice novelties but I'm not a huge fan of either. EP1 is a turd and Pin2K, which always sucked, was Jpop's idea.

As to why people were willing to give Jpop tens of thousands of their dollars on a prayer I have no idea, except to think people didn't want to be left behind on the next BBB.

#728 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I really wish I had more for you. Tim did say there will be much more tomorrow on pinballnews. Please keep in mind I know some of you don't like Tim but without him we would literally have no info. He jumped on a plane with a day's notice to do the story.

THanks Tim. Nice goatee too! Very hip.

I wonder if he's wearing sandals (his feet are cut off).

What a strange, strange story this whole thing. I can't help but think it'll end up in the Crock Hunter dustbin of history, but at least we'll always have the flyer (like Crock Hunter, coincidentally).

Nice working sending him out there to get the scoop! I'm trying to figure out of if Tim is under the spell or if he groaned at the non-flipping nature of it. I guess we'll have to wait till he comes back in 29 days.

#773 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

they are a complete schill online mag with crap reporting and should be ashamed that they published that!

It does remind me a bit of their decade-old "coverage" of croc hunter.

goatee Tim was so proud of his scoop there's practically no critical analysis in the piece, it's pure puffing of something that invites nothing but cynicism from anybody with any familiarity of the situation.

#806 7 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Is this a Penn & Teller fool us ?!

I think the "press" that covered this event got there on a Desert Bus!

#841 7 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

He may not be a shill but any pinball news service that reports on this is doing a disservice by not looking at the total picture of Jpop's fiasco. His comment is that they will be heroes if AP makes games for MG owners is poor journalism to say the least.

This is a person who takes stalky creeper pics of THE WRONG GUY (at an event where everybody is wearing name tags!!!) and bases an entire sartorial argument on it.

We aren't exactly dealing with Carl Bernstein here when it comes to Tim.

#1155 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

When i look at that right ramp. It looks like the left slingshot has more chance of making the shot. Waiting for a trained eye to comment. My conclusion is this has not been thoroughly play tested at ALL.
Anyone have further comment on the ramp alignment.

They threw this thing together in a matter of months, and I doubt any of these newbie carpetbaggers behind this are decent pinball players.

Here's a prediction using the same stupid lingo I keep seeing here...This thing will "shoot" like shit. But if it's crammed with enough gimmicks and light bulbs that might be enough for folks.

We have about a billion pinball manufacturers all of a sudden and people have forgotten one of the main reasons Bally/Williams and Stern put out decent games for so long - factories and design rooms filled with people who are great pinball players and lifetime worshippers at the alter of the silver ball - people who can play others' designs and their own and help with some feedback on how to make the games "shoot great." These pop up entrants into the pinball gold rush don't have this at all, they are just cranking out playfields and code and hoping for the best. That's going to come out in the wash.

#1177 7 years ago

Given all the things he's said, how the Hell did they get Ben Heck to pose for that flyer? The game looks a little rough on there, but we all know how hard it is to Photoshop some actual legs onto a mockup.

Quoted from hardware:

For $7k at least it comes with floating gargoyle plastic sentinels.

What in God's name is a Real Solenoid Quickstep, and why is it good that all American Pinball machines will have them?

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im beginning to think that only a remake of "Stars LE" would make you happy!

Only if it Shoots Great, just like the original! By the way I currently own two Stars, and we are trying to find a third so we can have a IFPA Stars tournament next month.

#1184 7 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

As soon as I read that, I was wondering the exact same thing.

There's so much bullshit and doubletalk on that ridiculous poorly-rendered photoshopfest flyer.

There's not an ounce of love nor authenticity on that thing - just a bunch of pop up carpetbaggers with no affection for pinball trying to turn a quick buck during the gold rush. The only pinball guy is clearly JPop, and that should scare the shit out of anybody who's thinking of investing $7,000 in this.

#1195 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Newsflash: Luxury is a price point.. not necessarily a marketable increase in actual product quality or function.
You can cherry pick the hits... but the reality is before JJP, we had CSI, Xfiles, NBA, etc and Stern had laid off the majority of their design staff, etc. They did not see the market as 'feature rich games' but rather games that had to cost less than X and they were struggling to make games at that price point and still get the net margins they needed to survive. A game like TSPP was not what Stern was designing or saw the market as before Jack split off... and was precisely why Jack went his own way..

Jack NEVER would have attempted what he did when the economy was in the shitter, which is why Stern was cranking out econocrap like CSI, 24, and NBA.

#1220 7 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

You really know so much....

Give me a break. In 2011 the economy was in much better shape than when Stern NBA came out, and that pinflation began "bigly" in 2010, but whatever. I'm just glad we have 18 pinball companies dedicated to "making pinball great again" today. Cause you know, it sucked ass so much before.

But come on, that Flyer though. Who knew that "designed and built in the USA" and "escaping milk bumpers" were such attractive "features?"

#1228 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gotta fact check you Jack! As one of your biggest supporters from day one your timing was perfect.
The economy wasn't in the shitter in 2011, while it has never fully recovered it was most of 2008, 2009 and some of 2010 that would have been horrible timing
Consumer spending picked up in 2011 thanks to a payroll tax cut in part. While 1.2% growth still sucks, it was growing

Drops the mic

#1262 7 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

This reminds me of those times when someone says "You're not going to believe this" and you respond with "what?". Then they respond with "you know what, nevermind". LOL. I'm glad you love what you are hearing, but why even mention this in a public forum? lol

Nah he gave us a little more than that, frankly.

#1297 7 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Based on what analysis?

EVERYBODY here is an expert on bill of materials and the exact cost of what it takes to build a pinball machine.

#1623 7 years ago
Quoted from GetTheJackpot:

So does JPOP have a licence agreement with Houdini's estate to use his name and likeness?

Why do people keep saying this?

Dude has been dead 100 years. You wouldn't need a license for a Grover Cleveland pinball either

Believe me, licensing isn't even the parking lot of the ballpark that concerns of this project are in.

#1724 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And if they pull it off and clear all of Jpops obligations, they look like heros and launch a new company with great fanfare. That kind of positive buzz would radiate for years.

All they have to do is keep spoon-feeding "scoops" to jobless losers posing as reporters, and they'll be able to keep the buzz going for a while. But eventually they will need to supply an actual, working, saleable game in a public setting. How much time can they possibly have to do that before people move on to the next scam? A year?

At this point I can't imagine people will have the patience.

#1734 7 years ago
Quoted from mvissers:

John Popadiuk is back, the designer who designed the most marvelous innovative pinball machines ever! Great!
Even better: he once again has a company behind him, who will, just like wms did, make sure his wild designs become a product.
As all people who work in product development know, it is a hard task from design to final product. Therefore I wish John and the people at American Pinball all the best in their current efforts.
Hey it's been almost 20 years waiting (Sorry didn't like SWE1) Can't wait to play new Popadiuk pinball!

Three words bro:

Real. Quickstep. Solenoids.

Believe me, it's gonna be worth the wait!

#1764 7 years ago

If you guys are suggesting that the Houdini revealed to exactly one person - an employed "pinball journalist" desperate for affection who won't ask any questions - was basically a redo of the KISS lightbox and that's why nobody was allowed to play it or come within 5 feet of it...

Hey, how about those Blue Jays!

#1792 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

So how do the contributors to this thread feel about Cirqus Voltaire? Just curious. I love the game personally and am looking forward to another JPOP game. My view is not tainted by getting ripped off though...

Another Jpop stinker.

It's unique, very cool looking, with lots of fun features.

But for good players it quickly becomes a slog, in that it's a fun game but lacks replayability. as soon as you start whupping it on the reg it really loses its charm. And that doesn't take long to happen.

#1794 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Isn't this description for all of his games? John has a great sense of style and all of his games have an appealing (and similar) look, unfortunately, there is not much beyond the looks.

Yeah, more or less. But I don't get sick of TOM, I really like that game. It's his best playfield design and while simple I like the rules.

But in general his games lack replayability, in a big way. And these were games produced in a factory full of seasoned pinheads and industry people. I can't help but think any possible future JPop games produced by a company of newbies are gonna be terrible. I'm sure anybody who spends $7000-$15000 on one will find a way to convince themselves that's not true so it really doesn't matter.

#1800 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

So true and if you don't agree with them they will say you must own one for your opinion to count.

I'm just pointing out the bar is set incredibly low on any Jpop project. And actual, flipping game that functions correctly with the glass on will be a success as long as the game is pretty and there's lots of magnets.

Can Jpop and his band of naive moneyed newbies pull that off?

We shall see.

#1802 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

another fun idea but with my knowledge it wont act anything like a standard jet bumper.
It wont have the respose and action, that is for sure.
Even Jpops patents suck it appears.

I'm thinking pop bumpers have worked pretty good over the past 70 years or so. Probably wasn't worth the 3 years and million dollars to come up with this novelty.

You think the occaisional spoon switch adjustment is obnoxious? Can you imagine the weekly eddy sensor adjustments?

#1822 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

This is generally a rules issue, not reflective of the play field design. I get the impression JPop had a fair amount of input in rules but in general most playfield designers don't write rules at all, it's left to the rules guy. As such it's tough to pin all the replayability issues on him for his past or future games.

I just go by the games. It's not really tough to suggest that his games have crappy rulesets.

As far as future games go, he's the ONLY guy with any experience in the industry on this American Pinball Team. So the rules are suddenly gonna get better on his stuff?

Good luck with that.

#1831 7 years ago

"magic rug" huh?

I'm sure Houdini is going to be an unconditional success.

1 week later
#2031 7 years ago

American pinball is a cOmplete joke and a I pity anybody getting their hopes up on this.

But hey Corny Tim was impressed.

#2124 7 years ago
Quoted from brundaged:

I can appreciate why people are frustrated. But why not give American Pinball a chance?

Because they are a bunch of greedy newbies with money trying to hop on the gold rush. They have no love for pinball. They have no creativity. They are just trying to milk some cash out of what they have been convinced by jpop is some kind of bubble and gold mine.

It's a cynical enterprise and absolutely the LAST thing pinball needs rignt now. There's no love here just opportunism, and they think they can somehow make it work with jpop when it's clear all he has to offer now is fairy tales and failure.

Good luck.

#2220 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Houdini was infuriating for me to see in person.
There's subways in the back with no diverter to drop in the ball (and just a ripoff of TOM's Vanish) A magnet is mounted at a right angle on the upper left with no way for the ball to reach it. The "loop jump" has a piece of acrylic meant to look like a mech and the ball wouldn't make it onto the metal rail anyway - and that rail leads to the right outlane?? The Water Chamber is just an acrylic piece of art and the CV ripoff rising pop bumper doesn't look to actually be there. There's no code, no boards just an Arduino running cycles on RGB lighting.
It's a prototype concept game made from production-level parts. Insulting to people making real things out of tape, cardboard and passion (like Nightmare Before Xmas) and a kick in the nuts to people owed MG/RAZA/AIW. (a lot of time and other people's money was spent making this fake game)
From what I saw and heard, John basically used this game to trick some unknowing foreigners into starting a business and now they're stuck with it. Joe Balcer was brought in to fix the game and make it playable. They're changing art, cabinet style, LCD position and creating new driver boards from scratch because (I assume) they've realized that stuff is owned by a dissolved company involved with a lawsuit. Basically distancing themselves from John as fast as possible.
In my opinion the MG's are being fulfilled mostly out of embarrassment. There's zero chance RAZA/AIW are ever made. Best AP can do is give those people a Houdini or massive discounts. I hope Joe can help them pull through.
I've lost any remaining shred of sympathy or hope for John. It's clear to me now he's gone way past incompetence and into deliberate deception.

That's all well and good. But did anybody shed light on what a real quickstep solenoid is?

#2237 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Joe specifically said it was 75% done or he wouldn't sign on based on the commitment of shipping games in 6 months.

Joe is like the 10th guy to be convinced - on John's assurance - that a Zidware/Jpop game is 75% done. The 75%+ crew always ends up working for him/with him.

I think at least 75% of us know how this is going to work out.

#2260 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

You have to wonder how much further back AP is because of John. If they were/are truly passionate about pinball

Have even AP claimed they are "truly passionate about pinball?" That's obviously not why they entered the fray.

If there were no Jpop they wouldn't be ahead or behind. They wouldn't exist at all.

#2289 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's clear to me that they have NO idea what they got themselves into. They're not pinball people, but John likely spun stories of magic and money to be made...and they fell for it.
Just look how hard it's been for ACTUAL pinball people to get things manufactured and shipped. If American Pinball is truly committed to being a pinball company, I don't think we'll see Houdini shipping for 2 or 3 years. My prediction they have a "what the fuck did we do" meeting, and this whole thing dissolves.

I agree. Rich people looking for a hobby and convinced by John they could make a quick buck by working with a legend. This is quickly gonna reveal itself to be a major headache (it probably already has) and this will turn out to be another pie in the sky failure. Sorry gang.

But someone will end up with a cool Houdini playfield to hang on their wall. Any justice and it'll be Corny Tim or some other intrepid journalist!

#2309 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Here is the thing about pinball. Anyone involved in the manufacture of anything related to pinball has to love it. This is a truth solid as the ground you walk on. It is a total ball ache to develop and bring to market anything from the smallest mod to the fanciest machines. The market is tiny. Yes, TINY. Not a single person or entity on the planet would, from a pure business perspective EVER get involved if they are fully aware of the lay of the land from the outset. Returns will never flow from any pinball investment in the time frame generally required by capital. NEVER. The capital applied to pinball investment has to be sympathetic to the cause. It has to come from a position of genuine infatuation with the product. If the process itself is not interesting and rewarding then forget it.
I would bet against ANY startup operation that is attempting to get in on the game from a purely financial position. They will get bored very, very quickly if they are looking for returns.

This is what I've been saying. No love. No passion. Ultimately, no pinball.

This company is doomed to failure and we will all be better off when this curious enterprise is just an odd footnote and fleeting memory.

In like 3 months, probably.

#2344 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's simple.
AP will and should forget MG, RAZA and AIW, pins that weren't engineered to work in the first place or ever had a prayer of being delivered.
Focus on Houdini and give previous Jpop victims a rebate of some kind if they want to buy a Houdini.
Onward and upward. Forget the past and let it go.

It's simple all right.

AP should fold up shop, write off how ever many thousands of dollars they've already thrown in the fireplace, and just like all the "owners" of MG, RAZA, and AIW, and Bill, whomever it was that got screwed behind the scenes at Zizzle, and god knows who else, curse the day they met Jpop and get on with their lives.

That's really the only option that makes any sense.

2 weeks later
#2353 7 years ago

Houdini will never see the light of day and I'll be absolutely shocked if American Pinball ever produces a machine.

Consider it addition to the hobby by subtraction.

#2360 7 years ago
Quoted from Pincycle:

Silence can mean as well that they are working hard an not chatting here in pinside.

And the fact that I haven't posted in 10 hours could mean I was having a three-way with Giselle and (content edited).

Probably not though.

#2362 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

These guys, if anything, should be hyper-communication on progress. Expo and 12/31 self-made goals means they have continue to be vocal, IMO.

I'm sure they are deciding if they should regroup or just do the smart thing and pack it in. And if they pack it in don't expect a press release.

I'm starting to think we will never find out what a real quickstep solenoid is

#2373 7 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

There's a lot less family friendly ways to say what he said there

Oh as long as you around I don't think we have to worry about that.

3 weeks later
#2413 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't imagine you'll hear from AP until something is ready and playable, they already have a black eye so they want to make sure the next reveal is worthy of showing. They said 9 months, so don't expect to see anything until next July.

I don't imagine you'll hear anything from AP - not even another press release that looks like it was put together by an 11-year old in his first photoshop attempt - ever again.

#2441 7 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

I am not at all a violent person, but good lord, how has this guy gotten away with this and not had somebody threaten to string him up by his thumbs (I'm keeping this as 'G' rated as possible)? How does he get away with this? Holy smokes! For that amount of money, I'd be tempted to make sure he knew that I was watching every single step that he took, every single minute of the day.

For all the tough talk and revenge fantasies, nobody here is going to ruin their life and the lives of their families by going Death Wish on Jpop. Pretty simple. In the end, it's just money and pride, and neither of those things are worth it.

#2444 7 years ago

That last line just doesn't work. Needs fewer syllables.

1 week later
#2531 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Is that JPOP in general? If so, I'd have to disagree. Of all of his games, I have the most time on a TOM. That game shoots amazingly nice. The lock shot is my favorite feeling shot in pinball and the rest of the game flows pretty nicely.
Of course if you are talking MG and H, I completely agree. Not that I've shot either one of course, but they both look like giant cluster f's.

The right ramp doesn't "shoot" amazingly nice. Perfect shot rejects are common due to the sharp angle.

1 week later
#2536 7 years ago

Their flyers are getting way nicer.

It boggles the mind that this charade continues.

#2540 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If they've broken ties with JPop and aren't asking for people's money, what is the charade?

That they will actually mass produce a pinball machine.

2 months later
#2797 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Your right, hold that judgement until you see the machine.

I think the position of AP nutswinger is filled and we haven't even seen the game yet. All other applicants can look for another job.

#2799 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

First thing I thought was 90's Sega Photoshop. I looked up Jeff Busch....he did a bunch of 90's Sega games! .

And Balcer did a bunch of 90s Sega games. They are gettin' the band back together!!!

#2951 7 years ago

You guys wanna buy this thing be my guest. Still seems like a johnny come lately cash grab to me but unless the market collapses there's surely a market for this thing at $7,000. And no denying they proved it can be done quick...all the other non-sterns seem to be taking years to churn something out.

Looks like they put the right team together.

#2960 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Scrapping Jpop's Houdini design and rebuilding from scratch, keeping their word and making MG owners "whole" even after Jpop Jpooped them, and producing machines without preorder money upfront. Cash grab indeed.

It's a hastily thrown together project funded by some bored billionaires trying to move out some product while people are still happily doling out $7,000 for new games. It's a cash grab. Unless you think they are going for a Nobel prize here?

#3113 7 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

rosh Thank you for the insightful, thorough post. Your transparency and communication does far more for marketing American Pinball than the formal marketing team could ever do on their own.
Congratulations on achieving what many deemed impossible, and doing it with class and integrity.
Sincerest wishes for wild success in 2017 and beyond!

Yes...whatever the motivations behind this project its nice to know there are some people with a little good old fashioned pinball passion behind it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 36.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 119.99
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 84.99
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.95
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jpop-game-houdini-just-announced?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.