(Topic ID: 169477)

New Game Houdini? Just Announced by American Pinball.

By RickThorn

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,206 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by emkay
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170505_122504 (resized).jpg
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201329 (resized).jpg
20170506_201334 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg
20170506_201339 (resized).jpg
20170506_172939 (resized).jpg
20170506_172921 (resized).jpg
tesla (resized).jpg
1m7dqw (resized).jpg
20170326_010217 (resized).jpg
20170326_010211 (resized).jpg
20170326_010205 (resized).jpg
20170326_010202 (resized).jpg
IMG_1099 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2532 American pinball is advertising in pinball life orders Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #2768 Press Release from American Pinball before TPF 2017 Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #2820 video of game reveal at TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2829 TPF gameplay video (short) Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2831 Photo of Houdini backbox/translite Posted by 1iblind (7 years ago)

Post #2839 more short Houdini gameplay video from TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2841 Video of Houdini catapult toy in action Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2851 Price confirmed as $6995 from sources at TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #3006 A quick review of TPF reactions. Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #3050 Some history of Houdini leading up to TPF from rosh Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#474 7 years ago

Pass the popcorn please

#790 7 years ago

ok ... my 2 worthless cents.....

I have no skin in the game .. didn't lose money on JJP but have been following it since the inception as I was intrigued.

Going forward I am going to give AP the benefit of the doubt.
Zidware is bust and gone.... in business you can buy the assets another company that is in debt, bankrupt, etc .... without taking over any of their debt, money, or products owed. AP could have went this route very easily. They could of paid JP as a consultant and kept it hush. My guess is they will lose money making and providing MG games to the original purchasers but they are doing it to generate good will, which if they pull it off may be worth more than they lose on those machines.

I say put the pitchforks away until you see the outcome that is transpiring. Those that had lost money to JPOP, what do you have to loose?
I understand the (to quote the Donald) "Huge" hate for JPOP. He dangled carrots in front of you and convinced you to give up your hard earned cash for something that he was just not capable of producing. We can debate until we die what his original intentions were, but that won't get you a machine or your money back. The best chance I have seen in years is AP.

I truly hope AP can make it right for the victims involved. I quite honestly hope JPOP is behind AP pushing them to make things right.
I say give them a chance, what do you have to lose.....

#792 7 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

This statement left me worried about the technical depth:
"I was also told that they are using a new variety of RGB LEDs in these units, and you could see that they were warmer to the eye than some of the RGB LEDs you see in other titles."
RGB LEDs can, by definition, be any color, including any color of white.

They are referring to the color temp. not the hue

#879 7 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

So it's just business that a another company comes in and takes what our money created? I know I took a risk and lost. This situation as it appears is bullshit unless we get some level of restitution.
Jpop didn't declare bankruptcy and AP didn't buy the failed company assets which would go to creditors. (Pennies on the dollar at best but not nothing). It appears Jpop just gave them stuff or how else do they have the game that they are showing. And, yes, I'll believe that until proven that nothing he developed using our money is in that pin.

Yes, that's how it legally works in the business world. AP has done nothing wrong. They legally owe pre-order customers nothing, so it's some super goodwill that they are trying to make good on pre-orders.

#895 7 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Well, OK, if that's how the business world works...maybe it's legal but it smells really bad. What I originally said was disheartening isn't that AP is doing what they are doing but that there seems to be decent support for it here.
But you know what, anything is a long way from truly happening. So let's see how it plays out and what kind of standards people here end up showing.

Why would there not be support here?
AP has dug the JPOP shit storm out of the ashes, resurrected what was thought long gone forever, and has said that they will honor all MG orders. Why would you not at least support that and give them the benefit of the doubt. What is there left to lose? Who knows how far away it is from happening? Let's give them a shot to make it right. If it turns out they can't produce ... nothing lost at this point except for hope.
Nobody shit on Bill when he tried to make it right, why all the crap slug at AP?

#923 7 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Do you even know what a fraudulent conveyance is WRT bankruptcy? When SHTF, a judge can claw back (or demand rightful compensation) of any IP that was financed by RAZA investors. The question is whether the RAZA creditors have the resources to push zidware into an involuntary BK.

Yes, from what I understand Fraudulent Conveyance is a transfer of money or property to avoid debt. I think in this case any transfer seems to be done to provide buyers with what they purchased and not to delay or hinder payment of goods. But if you like lawsuits, go into a long costly legal battle with hopes of recovering something from JPOP. And when you win, you still have to try and collect. Or give AP a chance to make someone else's mess right and give you the machine you at one time wanted. I don't really care either way, I'm gonna wait and see what AP does. So far, looks like they have made some decent progress.

#1161 7 years ago

Consumer always benefits from competition .... best of luck to AP

#1178 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Except in pinball. Competition normally drives prices down however in pinball it did was the opposite. Prices are so ridiculous people think this is a great deal at 7K.

It can only drive prices up if customers are willing to pay those prices and obviously in pinball they are

#1296 7 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

However I believe they should be able to make a comfortable profit in the 5k range.

Based on what analysis?

#1336 7 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

I should clarify since there are a lot of factors.
JJP would not profit in the 5K range.
Stern machines could be profitable in the 5K range.
If you need to analyze simply look at a Stern machine.
No one in their right mind could say they match up to a JJP game.

Again, based on what analysis? Your privy to their financials?
You know their production, labor, overhead, and marketing costs.. Etc.
How much are you so kindly letting stern profit on their machines?

I still do thnk the whole application process is odd, but not my company.

#1368 7 years ago

I don't understand all the hate towards AP.

When Bill set up Pintasia to try and resurrect the games - He hired JPOP as a consultant.
I don't remember anybody shitting on Pintasia at all.
Everybody was grateful for his effort.

Seems like AP is giving it a shot and has made progress - so why all the hate???

2 months later
#2529 7 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

Well their website is down/gone, and Facebook hasn't been updated since Oct. Willing to bet that they have aborted the ugly fetus of jpop.

website sill up when i checked.
http://www.american-pinball.com/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 9.95
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 84.99
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jpop-game-houdini-just-announced?tu=bmore-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.