(Topic ID: 169477)

New Game Houdini? Just Announced by American Pinball.

By RickThorn

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,206 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by emkay
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170505_122504 (resized).jpg
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201329 (resized).jpg
20170506_201334 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg
20170506_201339 (resized).jpg
20170506_172939 (resized).jpg
20170506_172921 (resized).jpg
tesla (resized).jpg
1m7dqw (resized).jpg
20170326_010217 (resized).jpg
20170326_010211 (resized).jpg
20170326_010205 (resized).jpg
20170326_010202 (resized).jpg
IMG_1099 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2532 American pinball is advertising in pinball life orders Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #2768 Press Release from American Pinball before TPF 2017 Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #2820 video of game reveal at TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2829 TPF gameplay video (short) Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2831 Photo of Houdini backbox/translite Posted by 1iblind (7 years ago)

Post #2839 more short Houdini gameplay video from TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2841 Video of Houdini catapult toy in action Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2851 Price confirmed as $6995 from sources at TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #3006 A quick review of TPF reactions. Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #3050 Some history of Houdini leading up to TPF from rosh Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SadSack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#133 7 years ago

What's the status of Jpop's bankruptcy? It seems that cabinet design patent American Pinball is pimping may belong to the creditors.

#298 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

The statement
"By the end of 2016, Magic Girl machines will be delivered to their rightful owners."

Hi Karumba... this is a miracle or the ultimate trolling of all time. And the Kaneda stuff is gold. Thanks pinside!

#574 7 years ago

If I were any one of JPOP's victims, I'd be boning up on bankruptcy law - preferential transfers in particular. You can't take the fruit of fraud and sell it off without giving that money to the creditors your are trying to get away with legally stiffing. Does anyone know if John has been forced into bankruptcy yet?

#623 7 years ago

I'd like to make a special thank you to those of you who know the manners and tone of the comments allowed. I don't know how this board can survive without these mod tattle-tails and snowflake representatives. I think I have finally found my safe space.

#809 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Yes! It is real !
I was afraid it was a fake company website that some troll made..pinside seems to attract a lot of them.
Man,i am so happy Magic Girl buyers are receiving something for their lost mon
It was such a brutal situation..
Give AP a break, hold your breath for a few months.
If this is happening, it is close to a miracle?
Stop the negativity and everybody that is not an aiw , raza or mg buyer, don't post,it doesn't matter what you think.
You just like fueling fires.
People lost their asses( incl me) let AP do their thing and follow progress in a positive way.
Stop throwing poop at them,do you throw poop at somebody on the street that you don't know?
(The answer is no btw)

Are you still awaiting your $5 million check from Nigerian Prince Abooby?

#812 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

..It's great that they are willing to try to make things right with the original Magic Girl buyers, and if they ship them all finished machines on American Pinball's dime, I think that's a show of good faith on their part and it's starting off on the right foot. ...

It's this kind of wishful thinking that demonstrates a total disconnect from reality by the victims of this ongoing confidence game.

If AP ships 25 MG's by the end of this year, I will eat my hat.

#898 7 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Yes, that's how it legally works in the business world. AP has done nothing wrong. They legally owe pre-order customers nothing, so it's some super goodwill that they are trying to make good on pre-orders.

Do you even know what a fraudulent conveyance is WRT bankruptcy? When SHTF, a judge can claw back (or demand rightful compensation) of any IP that was financed by RAZA investors. The question is whether the RAZA creditors have the resources to push zidware into an involuntary BK.

#901 7 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Why would there not be support here?
AP has dug the JPOP shit storm out of the ashes, resurrected what was thought long gone forever, and has said that they will honor all MG orders. Why would you not at least support that and give them the benefit of the doubt. What is there left to lose? Who knows how far away it is from happening? Let's give them a shot to make it right. If it turns out they can't produce ... nothing lost at this point except for hope.
Nobody shit on Bill when he tried to make it right, why all the crap slug at AP?

AP has dug nothing.. Talk is cheap. I don't think giving them "a shot to make it right" is anything other than another stalling obfuscation of the continuing con.

#911 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yea but that fully assembled game wasn't cheap.

I highly doubt it's "fully assembled".

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#975 7 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

I dont' know all the legalities, but regardless I think it's suicide if American Pinball doesn't completely make everybody involved with John whole, to use John as a designer on their tables. They have to know this, so they must actually intend to make everyone whole.
I wouldn't have gotten into the shit storm if I were them, but I wish them luck and hope they do well, they've got a tough, tough uphill 'credibility' battle on this, and even if people are made whole they'll still have a bad taste in their mouth that is now intertwined with American Pinball.

So you think AP has the more than $600k gate admission to buy goodwill? God bless them if they do.

#1015 7 years ago

I heard they were made of parts that came out the back door of homepin's factory in China.

#1146 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Myself and the owners group are now in a beginning phase of negotiations with American Pinball. Personally I love what I’m hearing and believe it to be our best shot. Who knows how it will end, but right now American Pinball looks like stand up guys to me. I’m cautiously optimistic.
– And if things fail, I will carry on with the lawsuit.
Lots of things going on you have no clue about but carry on Pinside.

More of the "secret knowledge" that promotes nonsense and speculation.

#1329 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...and I say until proven otherwise, let's give AP the benefit of the doubt.

And how has that worked out for you so far?

#1338 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Actually it's worse than that, it's 0/4 until one is actually available (if ever).

0/5 if you count kiss. Or is it 0/6 if you count ugly pussycat bowling?

#1740 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

...Interesting that Bill has not been around to give much input on what he knows about this and the "licensing" of the themes. I would have to assume he/pintasia would gladly part with it for the right price, so as to reduce his significant losses on jpop.

I'm guessing he sold the IP rights under an NDA for however much he sunk into the project..... and his vig is the missing MG from that show.

2 weeks later
#2322 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Did anyone ask if they have the rights to make Magic Girl? Given the recent issues with Predator licensing, and the common knowledge that Bill Brandes bought the rights to MG (am I right?), it seems like the most important question.

Everybody is saying Pintasia/wcbrandes bought the "rights" to JPOP's designs, but do we know if they are exclusive rights or just a "license" to use the IP? Or does he actually own the copyrights?

2 months later
#2592 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

My guess is MG never sees the light of day and they'll offer owners a Houdini at a discount.

Very optimistic. How will Houdini ever escape the baggage and missteps that have doomed it from the beginning?

2 months later
#2939 7 years ago

I'd say this was a grand slam introduction. If these guys make it to market without pre-payment, I would lay out an early warning to JJP and Stern. This was a very impressive accomplishment to slip out from beneath the shadow of the entire JPOP debacle. 3 cheers to those that can take advantage of a terrible situation and come out on top.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SadSack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jpop-game-houdini-just-announced?tu=SadSack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.