(Topic ID: 169477)

New Game Houdini? Just Announced by American Pinball.

By RickThorn

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,206 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by emkay
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170505_122504 (resized).jpg
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201329 (resized).jpg
20170506_201334 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg
20170506_201339 (resized).jpg
20170506_172939 (resized).jpg
20170506_172921 (resized).jpg
tesla (resized).jpg
1m7dqw (resized).jpg
20170326_010217 (resized).jpg
20170326_010211 (resized).jpg
20170326_010205 (resized).jpg
20170326_010202 (resized).jpg
IMG_1099 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 64.
#1951 7 years ago

Wow. Could MG owners go from being out thousands to getting a pin worth more than BMSLE? What a potential turn of events.

#1952 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I guess you're not in the private group. No matter, I now feel comfortable releasing this on Pinside. Here's a copy of my post to the owners group on October 6th:
-----------------
" I had a phone meeting this morning with Scott Goldberg of American Pinball. Not his fault but I was short on time and we will speak again. Here are my quick notes.
Jpop is a consultant for AP to do Houdini
AP has no ownership of Zidware.
Zidware is the manufacturer of Magic Girl & RAZA
AP has been contracted to build MG on behalf of Zidware
MG will be manufactured as originally promised and shown by Jpop. No cut corners and only present owners will receive one. Delivery before the end of the year.
There will not be a second run of MG under a different or same game name.
Houdini is an original machine and not a lesser tier Magic Girl.
The manufacturer and builder of Houdini is AP. Designed by Jpop.
Owners of RAZA and AIW will be compensated after MG delivery and after the Houdini launch.
Compensation for those games is undetermined at this time and no time line given.
RAZA will most likely be built and limited to the 125 owners. Again, built for Zidware and no second run. However, options to swap into Houdini may be given to RAZA / AIW owners.
Here’s my guess on the unsettled RAZA / AIW situation. Magic Girl was paid in full by the owners so it was a no brainer. RAZA / AIW are paid for in various amounts and therefore need to be handled on a case by case situation.
What this means is, we are all still dealing with Jpop and this is his solution to make things right.
I need questions from you guys for my next meeting with Scott. Please put them in this thread. I apologize to the vendors for overlooking them.
Kim

Well well well...positive news on pinside.

#1953 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

MG will be manufactured as originally promised and shown by Jpop. No cut corners and only present owners will receive one. Delivery before the end of the year.

{snip}

Owners of RAZA and AIW will be compensated after MG delivery and after the Houdini launch.
Compensation for those games is undetermined at this time and no time line given.

{snip}

RAZA will most likely be built and limited to the 125 owners. Again, built for Zidware and no second run. However, options to swap into Houdini may be given to RAZA / AIW owners.
Here’s my guess on the unsettled RAZA / AIW situation. Magic Girl was paid in full by the owners so it was a no brainer. RAZA / AIW are paid for in various amounts and therefore need to be handled on a case by case situation.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/adversary-proceedings-bankruptcy-preferential-transfers.html

#1954 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Lots of positive news and helpful people and insight on Pinside . Just the handful of shit disturbers that like to stir the pot!
At the least keeps it interesting!

#1955 7 years ago

If this is all true, good for Jpop. If they deliver, the man might have made mistakes and tried to cover his tracks with deception...but at least he is involved with trying to right the wrongs. Would be a nice end story for everyone that bought in. Everyone gets their stuff and history is righted. That's the way it should work, anyway.

#1956 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I guess you're not in the private group. No matter, I now feel comfortable releasing this on Pinside. Here's a copy of my post to the owners group on October 6th:
-----------------
" I had a phone meeting this morning with Scott Goldberg of American Pinball. Not his fault but I was short on time and we will speak again. Here are my quick notes.
What this means is, we are all still dealing with Jpop and this is his solution to make things right.
I need questions from you guys for my next meeting with Scott. Please put them in this thread. I apologize to the vendors for overlooking them.
Kim

The games were not economically feasible at the low production numbers... having AP make them really doesn't change that.

AP making the games FOR zidware... called it (I guess zidware better get that corporate identity back into legal black )

Open ended promises for RAZA/AIW with no information what so ever on how to make it viable (or why they are speaking FOR zidware)

even if zidware ships MG to fill its old obligations... what assets does it have to address RAZA/AIW? Promises but nothing to build any confidence the promises can be met.

I don't really see how this is really positive... its more wild promises with no concrete facts on how they will bridge the actual hard gaps that make those promises so wild.

It's promising to make all your problems to go away... with nothing to validate how they can make it happen and do so in a business viable way.. and even clouds the view even more when it comes to AP's relation with jpop/zidware.

#1957 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Even if Zidware ships MG to fill its old obligations... what assets does it have to address RAZA/AIW?

If Houdini turns out to be good, I'd be satisfied if they let me apply my RAZA money towards it. I bet most other RAZA/AIW owners would happily do the same.

#1958 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

If Houdini turns out to be good, I'd be satisfied if they let me apply my RAZA money towards it. I bet most other RAZA/AIW owners would happily do the same.

which would equate to AP giving out 'free money' (even if they get through all the legal tangle of AP assuming zidware's liabilities)

How does AP give out 'free money' to this degree and make it viable for themselves to do so?

These are the hard questions behind these promises that needed to be asked.

#1959 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

which would equate to AP giving out 'free money' (even if they get through all the legal tangle of AP assuming zidware's liabilities)
How does AP give out 'free money' to this degree and make it viable for themselves to do so?
These are the hard questions behind these promises that needed to be asked.

Like you, I don't know any of the details. Obviously, AP isn't doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. I'm operating under the assumption that they worked out some kind of deal with JPop that is to their mutual benefit. In John's case, he gets to fulfill his contractual obligations and gets the lawsuits off his back. For AP, they are able to jump start their new pinball company with a game that probably cost them very little to acquire. Remember, JPop was hardly in a position of power when negotiating with AP. I assume they got his services, at least on Houdini, for practically nothing in exchange for taking on some or all of his debt.

#1960 7 years ago

So, given the trajectory of events...anyone want to be the proud owner of MG007? (James Bond edition -j/k). I have been paid in full on this machine for nearly half a decade. PM me if you are a serious, my price is $16,007. Figure twelve bucks is enough to cover my flight out to see the game, talk to Jpop, and generally be alternately amused, excited, and sickened since July 2011.

"what is this Wonka, some sort of funhouse?.....why, you having fun?"

- Dave

#1961 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

'bsolutely

#1962 7 years ago

Unless there is a Magic Girl playable at expo to demonstrate that jpop has the ability to finish ANYTHING all of this is still just talk.

#1963 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

... they worked out some kind of deal with JPop that is to their mutual benefit. In John's case, he gets to fulfill his contractual obligations and gets the lawsuits off his back.

Yeah..he has to work 183 years as a designer for AP to pay them back

IMG_4329 (resized).JPGIMG_4329 (resized).JPG

#1964 7 years ago

The games are beautiful / gorgeous, and spectacular! ... The build quality looks to be spon on.

How close did they let you get? ANNNNDDDD.....

DOES IT FLIP????????

#1966 7 years ago

Cautiously excited about Houdini. I like what little I have seen so far and think that the subject matter is great. If it comes to fruition, I am in!

#1967 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

-----------------

Kim

Houdini was Zidware #4....... Jpop handed that over(at minimum) to AP in exchange for the manufacturing.

#1968 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

-----------------
Kim

Thanks for sharing Kim....Hopefully we can close this bad chapter soon.

#1969 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Possible "potential" positive news on Pinside. I've heard nothing from anyone and I'm still out more than 9k to JPop. My Warm and fuzzy feeling is pretty cool right now.

#1970 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Possible "potential" positive news on Pinside. I've heard nothing from anyone and I'm still out more than 9k to JPop. My Warm and fuzzy feeling is pretty cool right now.

We all feel that way...but i've been hoping since the meltdown and i am still hoping.
Maybe i am somewhat too excited, but i want to receive something for my $

#1971 7 years ago

IF this really happens, and everyone is made whole, the positive P.R. for A.P. would be worth the cost of making MG and RAZA. A.P. would be heroes in the pinball world. Maybe approaching Stern's level of popularity?

#1972 7 years ago

Apparently they cancelled their Expo seminar?

I guess not having a flipping game would cause a riot.

#1973 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Apparently they cancelled their Expo seminar?
I guess not having a flipping game would cause a riot.

False.

Rumors were floated last night that the seminar was canceled. Another was the seminar was private, invitation only. I sent Scott Goldberg a text to confirm and we had a laugh. Both are untrue and it's more industry dirty tricks.

And for the record, the Stern Batmans, all 3 of them on display, are not flippable games. No riots were had.

#1974 7 years ago

Is there a livestream of this at 9am?

#1975 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

False.
Rumors were floated last night that the seminar was canceled. Another was the seminar was private, invitation only. I sent Scott Goldberg a text to confirm and we had a laugh. Both are untrue and it's more industry dirty tricks.
And for the record, the Stern Batmans, all 3 of them on display, are not flippable games. No riots were had.

False, I rioted

#1976 7 years ago

So any news??

#1977 7 years ago

Seminar starts now correct?

#1978 7 years ago

They are letting the speaker before run very long. Intentionally? Hmm.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1979 7 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Seminar starts now correct?

Soon. The proceeding seminar is going long.

#1980 7 years ago

No live streams anywhere?

#1981 7 years ago

No stream for this one that I can find, too bad...

#1982 7 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

They are letting the speaker before run very long. Intentionally? Hmm.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

American Pinball are here in the room and waiting.

#1983 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yeah. Sitting right near me. I only implied that they may love to have a "shortened" time slot.

"Any questions?"

"Yes. I have a 5 part question."

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1984 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

What are they wearing?

#1985 7 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

No stream for this one that I can find, too bad...

Pitty not expecting a great deal but would be nice to hear it from the horses mouth so to speak, as a lot of "interpretations" will be added by commentators here.

#1986 7 years ago

Can't someone there throw up a quick periscope stream? As we all saw from the JJP reveal, it doesn't require much technical expertise.

#1987 7 years ago

Seminar

1476454895508-672836402 (resized).jpg1476454895508-672836402 (resized).jpg

#1988 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Can't someone there throw up a quick periscope stream? As we all saw from the JJP reveal, it doesn't require much technical expertise.

Jpop has a new and improved periscope mechanism. Unfortunately it is in pre-production until Expo 2019.

#1989 7 years ago

Room is packed for a Friday morning. Lol

#1990 7 years ago

Do they even have a game in the room?

#1991 7 years ago

pics! or do a facebook livestream! Do anything that makes us hear and/or see it!

#1992 7 years ago

I hope you keep posting pics. Are the games there?

#1993 7 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Room is packed for a Friday morning. Lol

Should of charged admission, could of been the first step in helping recoup people's monies

#1995 7 years ago

No games. 9 months before Houdini is ready.

#1996 7 years ago

Houdini is not a zidware cabinet

#1997 7 years ago

Jflop present?

#1998 7 years ago

They emphasized games are Zidware games except Houdini and they are under no obligation to produce them.

#1999 7 years ago

I think houdini might be in a room next door for a private showing. He hinted to it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9.95
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 36.95
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jpop-game-houdini-just-announced/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.