(Topic ID: 169477)

New Game Houdini? Just Announced by American Pinball.

By RickThorn

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,206 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by emkay
  • Topic is favorited by 74 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 303 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170505_122504 (resized).jpg
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201329 (resized).jpg
20170506_201334 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg
20170506_201339 (resized).jpg
20170506_172939 (resized).jpg
20170506_172921 (resized).jpg
tesla (resized).jpg
1m7dqw (resized).jpg
20170326_010217 (resized).jpg
20170326_010211 (resized).jpg
20170326_010205 (resized).jpg
20170326_010202 (resized).jpg
IMG_1099 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3177 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 64.
#501 3 years ago

The irony of an OP disappearing in his own Houdini thread.

#502 3 years ago
Quoted from davebowman:

Just for the fun of it, then. What would you do if you were wrong?

mental (resized).png

#503 3 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Hmmm.....
9. . There's another scandal crazier than this that's about to rock the pinball hobby
Anyone care to share?

Hopefully it's nothing that could make community members lose some money. There's been too much of that lately.

If money is involved, I'd urge kaneda or Kim to share what they know ASAP.

#504 3 years ago

This is how you ferret out Kaneda:

Akira is a poopy movie.

#505 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Maybe Python can be reached through the Upside-Down.....

Very clever!

#506 3 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

This is how you ferret out Kaneda:
Akira is a poopy movie.

Please say the word "frustrated".

#507 3 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Back on subject.... Is anyone local to this event that can get there to play it in person. It's two days away
American-Pinball™ to Launch its First Pinball Machine at the Global Gaming Expo in Las Vegas on September 26th

I would if I could, but there's gotta be somebody local in Vegas that is around to check this out!

#508 3 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Hmmm.....
9. . There's another scandal crazier than this that's about to rock the pinball hobby
Anyone care to share?

It's hard to imagine another new scandal crazier than this one...

#509 3 years ago

Odd that no one seems to have a clue about #9.

Doubt there's anything there... but with this recent news, I guess anything is possible!

#510 3 years ago

My speculation tossed into the ring, if legit:
- forget the magic girl you saw before
- MG will be a reskinned Houdini.. I.e., Houdini LE or Houdini Super LE

No way they got John to finish MG -and- design a new game in time frame from the implosion.

#511 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

You don't have to spam all four J POOP threads with that, dude.
Everybody thinks they're Crazy Levi up in this place.

pawel-kuczynski-pokemon-go-0101 (resized).jpg

#512 3 years ago

Has this link already been posted?

http://american-pinball.com/

#513 3 years ago

Will Expo 2017 offer a tour of the American Pinball manufacturing plant?

#514 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

They need to proofread. Aside from that, what the heck. So you can come to them with an idea and they will build a game for you? Is this like those online sites that let you create your own t-shirt?

From the link:

"DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT

American Pinball provide complete end-to-end game design & development solutions, taking care of your IP across its lifetime.

Our services include:
Game Theme Selection, IP, Licensing
Artwork direction from concept to final product
Game design from concept and documentation to realization and white wood prototype.
Graphics development across multiple platforms giving your games ultimate market flexibility
Agile project management delivering your games on time and to budget
Ongoing live game management, development services and software support.
Game hosting from design to daily operation with best PR/ advertisement campaign.
Game BOM monetization programs to help ensure your games’ profitability
Social media retention strategies to keep customer updated with latest news and upcoming launching events."

#515 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Wow new website. It sounds like they will take on anyone's game design and build it?
Lots of flashy corporate word about cost profit and quality.

BUT... it all focuses on building and engeniring which is only half of a pinball machine. There is nothing about software or coding.
I don't care how fancy a game looks or how well it's built if it doesn't have good code it's useless.

Now if what I'm reading if true and the company can do what they say they can, it sounds like people who made one off games like archer or doom could bring there design to them and have it commercially made?

#516 3 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

They need to proofread. Aside from that, what the heck. So you can come to them with an idea and they will build a game for you? Is this like those online sites that let you create your own t-shirt?
From the link:
"DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
American Pinball provide complete end-to-end game design & development solutions, taking care of your IP across its lifetime.
Our services include:
Game Theme Selection, IP, Licensing
Artwork direction from concept to final product
Game design from concept and documentation to realization and white wood prototype.
Graphics development across multiple platforms giving your games ultimate market flexibility
Agile project management delivering your games on time and to budget
Ongoing live game management, development services and software support.
Game hosting from design to daily operation with best PR/ advertisement campaign.
Game BOM monetization programs to help ensure your games’ profitability
Social media retention strategies to keep customer updated with latest news and upcoming launching events."

Sure. A fee will be charged. Send them a Purchase Order.

#517 3 years ago

The new website screams of John working on it. What company has a blog?

#518 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Wow new website. It sounds like they will take on anyone's game design and build it?
Lots of flashy corporate word about cost profit and quality.
BUT... it all focuses on building and engeniring which is only half of a pinball machine. There is nothing about software or coding.
I don't care how fancy a game looks or how well it's built if it doesn't have good code it's useless.
Now if what I'm reading if true and the company can do what they say they can, it sounds like people who made one off games like archer or doom could bring there design to them and have it commercially made?

Except the licensing cost. Gotta be original theme or bring the license to the table. I hope this owner of American Pinball has major bank roll.

#519 3 years ago

They may be a legit manufacturer but just having JPOP involved makes people cautious (I hope). Until they produce a game I can pay for and pick up same day then I will be skeptical.

#520 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

So far all we've seen are empty cabinets and self felating websites. Definitely sounds like someone's M.O.

#521 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So far all we've seen are empty cabinets and self felating websites. Definitely sounds like someone's M.O.

"self felating websites"..........You sir just made Sunday, thanks. Wish I could upvote 1,000 times

#522 3 years ago

Read that from their link post. Thanks for posting!

Made me want to puke. Sounds just like J-pop all a bunch of nonsense.

Even if you are filthy rich and think nothing of losing $200,000 for a custom machine you'll never see anything you're just learning their pockets.

But you know what, I still bet they get a couple of OWNERs/investors and I will not feel bad one bit. The system sucks.
This guy should be behind bars.

All the guys that got scammed first time around I feel terrible for. This time no way you where already warned.

#523 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Most of them??

http://blogs.cisco.com/
https://www.ge.com/digital/blog
http://www.pepsico.com/live/content/type/story

#524 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

self felating

I had to look it up so I thought I'd share. - Well done, Chris.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=self-fellating

#525 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I had to look it up so I thought I'd share. - Well done, Chris.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=self-fellating

Like you didn't know.

#526 3 years ago

Where are the MG cabs with fully populated play fields?

Slow down, take a breath and think

You'd have to suspend all common sense AGAIN, to believe the claims these guys are already making. MG delivered to guys by the end of 2016.

Really?

We crucify Stern for production and code issues and this crew is somehow going to magically appear out of nowhere and start making pinball machines that rival Stern.

Really? Wtf

A row of empty cabs again. You can't make this Twilight Zone shit up!

#527 3 years ago

In the picture of the row of cabinets, doesn't it appear that those are standard cabinets rather than the steep inclined cabinets Zidware was working on to allow for the LCD to be below the glass?
Even the artwork is cut off such as the lion's mane. Could these MG games be without an LCD?

62d5cb515fbab58af2a8c285062019e0edb991fe (resized).jpg

5d7a79ccbf14e01336102e25f678a6c713cb81cc (resized).jpg

#528 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You'd have to suspend all common sense AGAIN, to believe the claims these guys are already making. MG delivered to guys by the end of 2016.
Really?

Actually they told Chris he'd have his at expo...

#529 3 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Subpar software does not negate the fantastically creative layouts of ToM, and TOTAN(along with CV) Of the designers you mentioned, only Trudeau matches the creativity of those 3 JPOP designs, and even at that Trudeau's don't have quite the same elegance.

JPOP's layouts are blah. TOTAN pops are so orphaned they may as well be in the machine next to it. CV has you shooting just 3 shots for most of the game - left orbit, ramp and ringmaster. The acrobats shot is unmakable on most machines as the ball can't get around the wireform without significant tweaks. TOM has the magical self-destructing trunk whose cladding lasts about 500 games (and that likes to jam and destroy its neighboring ramp). Lots of magnet tricks in TOM and it shoots smoothly, but hardly remarkable. Ep1 is just a colossal failure - huge bash shot up the middle, a couple of saucers that require more luck than skill to hit, pair of nice ramps that do little during gameplay, a useless left orbit shot and absolutely nothing to shoot for on the right.

#530 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Says a dude that owns 1 dracula

My pinside profile does not reflect the games I actually own. I've owned WCS94, CV, TOTAN and Ep1 in the past (all sold), and have played ToM quite a bit. I'm very familiar with JPOP games

#531 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

JPOP's layouts are blah. TOTAN pops are so orphaned they may as well be in the machine next to it. CV has you shooting just 3 shots for most of the game - left orbit, ramp and ringmaster. The acrobats shot is unmakable on most machines as the ball can't get around the wireform without significant tweaks. TOM has the magical self-destructing trunk whose cladding lasts about 500 games (and that likes to jam and destroy its neighboring ramp). Lots of magnet tricks in TOM and it shoots smoothly, but hardly remarkable. Ep1 is just a colossal failure - huge bash shot up the middle, a couple of saucers that require more luck than skill to hit, pair of nice ramps that do little during gameplay, a useless left orbit shot and absolutely nothing to shoot for on the right.

You are blah...
The cv acrobats shot is about skill,the machine asks you during gameplay if you have the skills to master it but appearantly you don't.
As an aiw buyer i would like to hate the popadiuk pins and sell them..but unfortunately they rock.
So i still have them all.
These themes are majestic and well excecuted.
You can piss on everything jpop did,but he is an awesome designer( that needs a team of people that restrain him to get stuff done )

#532 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

My pinside profile does not reflect the games I actually own. I've owned WCS94, CV, TOTAN and Ep1 in the past (all sold), and have played ToM quite a bit. I'm very familiar with JPOP games

I was messing you dude,check the emoticon

#533 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

In the picture of the row of cabinets, doesn't it appear that those are standard cabinets rather than the steep inclined cabinets Zidware was working on to allow for the LCD to be below the glass?
Even the artwork is cut off such as the lion's mane. Could these MG games be without an LCD?

Good catch! Yes, those are indeed standard cabinets. Check out the slope on the very last cabinet, that is NOT JPop's cabinet design.

#534 3 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Actually they told Chris he'd have his at expo...

Well he deserves one. Maybe he's getting that cobbled together proto mess that's laying around somewhere

Or a cardboard cut out

#535 3 years ago

The cv acrobats shot is about skill,the machine asks you during gameplay if you have the skills to master it but appearantly you don't.

The shot doesn't make it around because it would hit plastics on the way. They had to issue a fixit kit and it still sometimes fails. You also had to bend the wireform in some places so the ball wouldn't fall off.

As an aiw buyer i would like to hate the popadiuk pins and sell them..but unfortunately they rock.
So i still have them all.
These themes are majestic and well excecuted.
You can piss on everything jpop did,but he is an awesome designer( that needs a team of people that restrain him to get stuff done

Hey, I'm glad some people like 'em, plus it ties up your money in jpop games, instead of spending/driving up prices on better games But, I have owned 4 of his 5 titles for multiple years and don't regret selling any of them. They just get boring. CV could be better if it gave you a reason to shoot anything besides those three shots. I see nothing awesome about JPOP's designs, and it's quite telling that he's the only oldschool WMS designer that did NOT get hired or contracted in some form by Stern or JJP.

#536 3 years ago

John bought those cabs on close out from the Predator liquidation. Kevin needed a new car

#537 3 years ago

Good to see this company publicly announce it is absorbing the Zidware debt.

#538 3 years ago

I was messing you dude,check the emoticon

Ah ok.. I've had some other actually claim I have no standing to hold opinion because I "only owned a lowly Dracula"

#539 3 years ago
Quoted from davebowman:

Of course you consider yourself a stand up guy. Are you also a good and fair person, with the right world views? Of course you are! You're very, very top of the line.

Well folks, after some research on this guy, his full name is Nicholas (last name removed by Staff). Nicholas is NOT Kaneda. Nicholas, I am sorry.

#540 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Kevin needed a new car

Kevin needs a van to live in when his house gets repossessed.

#541 3 years ago

if this ever happen, doubt it with Jpoop working with them.
on their website the main picture is from the 2014 houdini flop with Adrien Brody, please, please tell me it's not the best they can do.

houdini-history-channel-tv-review (resized).jpg

#542 3 years ago

and it's quite telling that he's the only oldschool WMS designer that did NOT get hired or contracted in some form by Stern or JJP.

Ah that is a good point indeed...
Still i feel sorry for your bad taste
I own a bunch of stern LE's and they just don't do me like a good old bally, they just feel rock solid.
My cv is still as i bought it 5 years ago...i don't wax or clean it because it plays like a million bucks.
Owned the jjp's, did nothing for me.

To me, there is nothing more satisfying than hitting the acrobats shot dead on,so hard,that the wire ramp has a hard time keeping the ball on there..

#543 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Ah ok.. I've had some other actually claim I have no standing to hold opinion because I "only owned a lowly Dracula"

Don't let anybody tell you that!
Dracula is awesome.

#544 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

It'd be great if they hooked up with Scott to build some WOOLY's.

#545 3 years ago

To the topic, and to one of Mr Hecks points,
WHO can get over to Vegas and verify this working Houdini act?
I'll paypal your buffet. You just bring camera.

#546 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

To the topic, and to one of Mr Hecks points,
WHO can get over to Vegas?

someone call Tim Arnold.

#547 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Um...a lot. =|

#548 3 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

I agree that someone should build this game. anyone but these guys. I would never give them 1 red cent until everyone who is owed any money is repaid what they are owed. they got into bed with a known liar and thief. they need to make it right or just go away.

#549 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Well folks, after some research on this guy, his full name is Nicholas (last name removed by Staff). Nicholas is NOT Kaneda. Nicholas, I am sorry.

Why post his full name?

#550 3 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

It's amazing that you're even giving them the benefit of the doubt that they're even capable of building anything. It's all smoke and mirrors until proven otherwise.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,400 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Upper Freehold, NJ
There are 3177 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 64.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside