Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN2061.JPG
DSCN2059.JPG
monitor2.png
Jurassic-Park-Computers.jpg
Nedry.jpg
#1 9 years ago

So, I just picked up a JP tonight and I starting thinking how I would put my TZ CzTV into this machine.

The TZ TV can be seen here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-ish-tz-tv-mod-w-beautiful-video-playback

I would like to gauge interest in this mod for the JP machine, here is my ideas so far.

-It would use my CzTV version 2 setup, which is the same as the one in the above link, however it would use smaller cabling to hopefully be able to run the wires though the playfield (rather then only at the backboard)

-It would have the potential of being interactive, but that would come later as a cheap upgrade kit.

-It would use a new case that is themed appropriately for JP. Check pictures below for my idea of what I would use.

-I would need to have this case custom created, so it would probably cost slightly more then the TZ version that has a cheap case already made and ready to use. I would estimate around $190-$220.

If you would be interested in something like this, please let me know here! If I get enough interest I will see about getting a prototype case made, and go from there.

For those that get on the potential buyers list now, I will give you a discount if it gets made for getting in early. I will try and sell it to them for $190 (or cheaper if I can). The price will then be raised ~$10-20+ depending on the final production costs when the models get made and they are close to release.

Nedry.jpgNedry.jpg Jurassic-Park-Computers.jpgJurassic-Park-Computers.jpg monitor2.pngmonitor2.png
#2 9 years ago

Interactive would be good

#3 9 years ago

Put me on the list

You might want to Manton it on the JP owners club

And maybe as an OT on the new redesigned trex and new firmware / programming and light up signs and inside decal threads

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Put me on the list
You might want to Manton it on the JP owners club
And maybe as an OT on the new redesigned trex and new firmware / programming and light up signs and inside decal threads

Will do, thanks!

I am considering picking up a cheap 3d printer so that I can print up some prototype cases (for JP and other machines). But I really only want to invest in that if I have people interested in it.

#5 9 years ago

Have you talked to Sparky? He is already making a similar mod.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I have not, only mentioned in one of his threads I was working on something similar. However I think my mod is different enough to still be viable. I realize you might not want both mods in the same machine, but they are at different price points and have different functionality, or at least will when I get the interactivity features. For now it is all about customization with the raspberry pi backend.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Who is Sparky? Where is his thread? Is he the guy from MAACA?

2 weeks later
#8 9 years ago

This project gave me the perfect excuse to purchase a 3d printer to play with, so I ended up picking up a PrintrBot Simple Metal.

I am getting used to the 3d printing world and calibrating my new printer. I will try and get some pics up later of the setup.

This will allow me to print up some prototype faces for the LCD on this mod.

#9 9 years ago

cool

#10 9 years ago

Ya, I am having a lot of fun with the printer. made some dice and stuff, but still calibrating it with some new plastic.

I printed out a test "CRT monitor", mini size so it would be done quickly.

DSCN2059.JPGDSCN2059.JPG DSCN2061.JPGDSCN2061.JPG
#11 9 years ago

I fu&@ n love it ! That is awesome

3 months later
#12 9 years ago

Sign me up. I am interested in one.

2 years later
#13 6 years ago

Did anything ever come of this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jp-tv-mod-cztv-gauging-interest?hl=hodgesm0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.