New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 269636)

New JJP Teaser Video

By jhoward1082

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3,446 posts
  • 412 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 days ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 189 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

smooch (resized).jpg
son_proud (resized).jpg
WIN_20201020_10_23_30_Pro (resized).jpg
54B12E62-44E9-4224-B99A-9F9FE16BB48D (resized).jpeg
0F33C87E-E900-4BAE-8C7B-25C354007B5A (resized).png
4C2984A7-92C0-4086-AC5B-96F8F42D4BD6 (resized).jpeg
5159BF25-BC29-45D2-ADA1-14EC55013D48 (resized).jpeg
vztc6Bw (resized).png
501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#97 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

He talks out both sides of his mouth. Guys a hypocrite. One minute he is bashing JJP, the next he is spooning them. Its all about attention (see Histrionic personality disorder).

Dissonance (resized).jpg
#136 6 months ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I have to say I can agree with Kaneda’s wonka turn. The game is gorgeous and has the play field, but the code was off. Seriously a lack of clips. Woz set a standard that we all expected wonka to imitate and it just didn’t.

I will never understand the importance some people put on this.

Do you want to watch the movie, or play pinball?
Most WOZ clips don't have synced audio either, yet nobody seems to bitch about that.

#145 6 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Wonka is just a turd, its so uninvolving. Borrowed one during lockdown and I can't wait for it to go!

Assuming you're not just trolling here...

I find this hard to believe. There is so much_ to do and strive to achieve.

- Have you gotten the ticket for collecting 5 gobstoppers?
- Or the one for finishing all three rounds of Wonkavator?
- Or the one for collecting kids and kid MB jackpots?
- How about the one for the 12 factory modes?

#152 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've been considering buying a Wonka LE and didn't realize there are 12 factory modes. That's pretty aweaome. Are those 12 factory modes objective based with hitting specific shots and integrated with clips from the movie?

4 of them are.

It breaks down to:

- 4 blue modes (welcome to the factory, fizzy lifting drinks, good egg/bad egg, inventing room)
- 4 SuperX modes (2x-5x)
- 4 Captive ball modes (Slugworth MB, Collect Bonus, Super Spinner, 2x Wonka Bars)

You need to complete all 12 of those to get a golden ticket.

#153 6 months ago
Quoted from konghusker:

My only problem I can’t figure out with wonka, was that they had the assets, but chose a minimal amount to use due to “getting repetitive “. Can you honestly understand that thinking? Seems like by using fewer clips, you would in turn see the same clip more often.

Not only can I understand it, I appreciate and enthusiastically agree with it. But I'm the resident JJP shill so YMMV. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#154 6 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not only can I understand it, I appreciate and enthusiastically agree with it. But I'm the resident JJP shill so YMMV. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In fact I'd go as far as saying the one clip that DOES have sound - Wonkavator MB - is super irritating to me now and I wish it were skippable.

#179 6 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

no I'm not, I don't think its a great game; there is a lot to do but no excitement in doing it, I got a bunch of golden tickets on my fourth game, 8M. It took an age and I just didn't want to play again. Dialed in on the other hand I find challenging and when I do well I feel achievement.

You're either extremely skilled at pinball or the game is on easy settings.

1 month later
#732 5 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wonka owner..... One of the best shooters, code is the let down just bc it's so damn confusing.... One of the best use of the backbox screens though...highly underrated.. Theme is what keeps it around but it might be swapped once GnR comes out

Have you watched my tutorial video on YouTube? Like many JJPs, it's not that confusing once you get it - it's a bunch of simple things all stitched together with some strategy.

#734 5 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I haven’t, but would like to...link?

#736 5 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have - it's very helpful and as an owner I now understand it but it's a mess for any new player which is a disappointment

Walking up to the machine first time, sure - but that's true for most pins really. It's a tough balance game designers make - easy and approachable (but quickly boring) vs layered and nuanced (but bewildering to newbs.)

I really like the complex rulesets - they really don't turn out to be THAT complex in the end; a few simple to understand things, then combined together.
I definitely don't want a 7500-12500 game to get boring quickly.

So far the JJP pins have really paid out for me in terms of long term interest and value.

1 month later
#997 3 months ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I would prefer toy story over gnr but who knows, gnr might be amazing

I used to be down on GNR because I’m not a band pin guy. But then I thought about it - I’m not a WOZ, Wonka or Pirates guy either and those games are all amazing to me.

So, I’m prepared to look past theme if the gameplay is there. And with Eric I fully expect it will be.

1 week later
#1165 3 months ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Toys definitely equal fun. Without them all you have is loops, ramps, scoops and standups (and the occasional drop target) and these get boring fast. Toys give a game character and are an important factor in determining if it‘s just a fun game or a great game.

To me the toys are nice, but it's more about the shots, modes, code and LCD interaction.

#1181 3 months ago

Unapologetic fanboy here.

IMG_2363 (resized).jpeg
#1188 3 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Was yours filled with chloroform also? I believe that’s a new marketing promotion lol.

Not sure but I slept really hard last night and woke up with an empty bank account...

#1192 3 months ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

You have beautiful eyes

This is not a dating site!

#1197 3 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Shh, let JJP keep making expensive stop & go games. Leave the fast paced, fun, "cheap" games for Stern.

I love the deep JJP rulesets with a gradient of easy, medium and difficult to reach goals. For us anyway they hold up for the long haul.

#1251 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you really respected JJP. You wouldn't have posted in two threads about this in the first place.
Lloyd

"Hello, 911? I'd like to report a murder...by words"

#1311 3 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Imagine a crane toy that moves a pinball from one part of the playfield

Between Batman 66 and Multimorphic Heist...

4cu9by (resized).jpg
#1373 3 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I know five guys that say it is definitely Harry Potter and not GNR or TS.

Do they also make burgers and fries?

#1423 3 months ago

Stern Star Wars was my first experimental toe in the pinball water, but JJP POTC is what cemented me firmly into the hobby. Now working on building the entire JJP set.

#1428 3 months ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

-Jersey Jack Pinball ...
Great quality games but giant screen needs to GO and ALL original character voices need to be in every game! only reason I don't own any : (

You need to realize what an unreasonable request this is.

Actors have agents. Those agents want a piece of everything their actors make. Imagine having to make deals for voice acting and/or video clips for the 22 characters in POTC? Pinball is a tiny ant compared to Hollywood movies. The numbers are too small for most actors/agents to care, while simultaneously too expensive for pinball manufacturers to purchase.

You can continue to pout about this, but it all you're succeeding in doing is denying yourself some exceptional pinball experiences.

#1452 3 months ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

How's the sarcasm... ok then with all your talent you can remove the giant screen tvs for me!

Some of us love the giant screens.

#1454 3 months ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

as a manufacturer ...then pass on the title or this is will be the results (a none customer) and I know for a fact I'm not the only one who thinks this way, like it or not these are the facts!

Perhaps this one is more your speed, the screen is microscopic:

https://sternpinball.com/affordable-home-game/star-wars-pin/

StarWarsELG-Detail-27-1367x2048.jpg

#1517 3 months ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

Haven't bought a cracker Jack box pinball machine from Stern in ages...their quality has become garbage, the sterns I own are just there in my game room, at some point I'll dump them when a new manufacturer is worthy of my valuable real estate space in my game room ...hahaha

So, I'm confused.

You're out on JJP because you hate their giant screens and you have impossible asset demands.
You're out on Stern.

What exactly DO you buy? Is your collection CGC and Spooky games?

#1522 3 months ago
Quoted from branlon8:

right, and I was just asking if they kept WOZ the way it was or if they redid it like DI.

WOZ YBR is confirmed to have the new tech with PC in the backbox.

#1526 3 months ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

You're not confused Frisco

Please don't call me that.

#1599 89 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

I like both Stern and JJP machines but man seeing the Avengers LE model ..... just when you thought that WoZ YBR looked like a bottle of yellow mustard.....Stern raised the bar, MORE YELLOW!

I love the yellow on both machines! I'm a fan of yellow in general though.

#1639 88 days ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

I just bought a Wonka and I love it....All you Wonka haters

It's an unjustly maligned game by some. We still play ours every single day.

1 week later
#1798 81 days ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have noticed something within the last few days. All the different sites I’m on from FB to Instagram JJP is posting the hell out of Wonka for sale ads. Does this mean something new in the line is coming?

A pinball company is selling pinball machines? What could this mean?

#1837 80 days ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

At this point, I don't believe Jersey Jack Pinball will ever release another title. As far as I'm concerned, they WERE a pinball company.

You're right. They paid to:

- Acquire a new facility
- Move all the parts from the old one to the new one
- Hire new staff
- Get a line moving and producing games

...just to stop making games.

I mean come on, you're not using logic.

Sticking out your lip and pouting that JJP hasn't announced is not going to change their release plans. They have their schedule for their own reasons and you can either wait to see what they produce, or go spend money with the competition.

#1906 79 days ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

"just family" tittles

My old ass eyes read this as "titties" and I was thoroughly confused.

TITLES. Only two Ts.

#1958 78 days ago

Everyone whines about how ineffective that teaser video was...but look at this thread that continues to rage out of control almost 2000 posts later.

Perhaps it was effective after all?

#2077 76 days ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

It would be more embarrassing to say they made a title that didn't sell, so I think their explanation is valid.
Demand wasn't there. Some of you JJPOTC fanboys need to accept that.

Agreed. Remember, discgate and trunkgate caused big pullbacks in preorders, and sales were a slow burn at first.
It took a while for the word to get get out that the game was awesome.

#2103 76 days ago

I wonder how serious all the "moar POTC" people really are.

It would be interesting to set up a JJP kickstarter with one level: $12.5K. 500 spots.
Would there be enough people to fill that, willing to commit the money?

Maybe JJP would consider doing a run if someone walked up with $6.25M of pre-sold games.

#2109 76 days ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You really think that many people would drop that kind of money sight unseen with just a hope they would get produced? I would be amazed if they just got half that many people to put a small deposit if $12.5k. This game did not sell well to begin with for much less. Many that would buy already own it or owned it in the past. Those looking to buy have their price limits. I think this is the same problem CGC is facing with remakes. You are looking for new customers and competing against used pins. You have to make the remake more attractive with extra features and/or price.

No, I was speculating what-ifs. It's not exactly sight unseen though since everyone knows what POTC has in it at this point.

I do think the chances of a second run would increase if it were so, as JJP would have essentially zero risk. A completely presold run.

#2111 76 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Only issue is a portion of that money would need to be non refundable to truly minimize JJP’s risk.
I forget how much I put for my early order but it was at least 1k. Many cancelled and got their cash back for various reasons.
This can’t happen on another run.

IIRC the deposit was only $250. I withdrew mine, to my great shame and regret. I fell victim to the Pinside mob mentality, being too new to know better.

#2116 76 days ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

I think one thing JJP could potentially do to set them apart from other manufacturers would be to offer 2 different game-modes, home and location.

They literally did this in Wonka.

#2119 76 days ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

I guess I'm just an idiot, huge props to Jersey Jack for learning from past criticisms. I hadn't heard that before but that's really cool to me.

It was easy to miss if you're not watching the code updates. They called it coin-op mode.

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2019/10/08/code-update-jersey-jacks-dialed-in-v-1-25/

#2151 76 days ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Good lord.. the guy takes time out of his day to actually give some real world basic honest info and still gets kicked in the nuts.

Pinside gonna Pinside.

#2162 76 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just don't listen to any of the advice! LOL

This. So much this. When people suggest stupid things like removing the giant monitor or dumbing down the rulesets it makes me cringe.

What JJP is doing, I am liking.

#2165 76 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Then I went to visit my brother in Dallas, and he took me to a HUGE pinball location.

Was it Cidercade? That's where I played POTC as well and got hooked on it - made the call same day to buy one.

#2170 76 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Checked the photos - I think It might have been! Is there a second, even larger room where they have more games? I seem to remember a broken Tron, which (I think) was the only game that was down in the whole place

Cidercade December 2018

56669164959__6C12FF22-7186-4B34-9877-AE6ADC64EC43 (resized).jpeg

#2203 75 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I hope we get that quality of pins at the Cidercade in Austin. It's a weird mix of quality right now.

Well to be fair, they removed all the JJPs and are nothing but the usual Sterns now.

#2245 75 days ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Oh and seems. Stern army wants to see JJP come apart at the seams. Just putting it into context for you.

The atrocious grammar and spelling people use on this site triggers me daily and it's all I can do not to correct it.

#2342 74 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Well this pretty much confirms the next game is actually Ferris Bueller's Day Off!

OMG that would be amazing, with Matthew Broderick callouts.

#2390 74 days ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Hopefully we will see a few pics prior to the release. Looking forward to this title. A sneak peek would be great. Which one is everyone getting? I’m in for a CE.

Depends on what they release first for me.

#2478 73 days ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

The marketing department should invest $25 for a way better After Effects neon effect. https://skyld.com/item/neon-sign-kit/
After all of the PoTC hype, there's tons of opportunity to cash in on the FOMO...but these amateur teaser trailers can't be influencing any sales in a positive way.

4ffn3m (resized).jpg
#2574 71 days ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

This is the main reason why I like the spooky/api coding numbers. Use the date it is released, not a number. Why people think a number means anything is beyond me. The coding that is in 0.99 potc is FAR BEYOND 99% of other games that are above the 1.00 made up number.

Chris gets it!

When you make a piece of software, the version number has two purposes only:

1. Have a way to differentiate one build from another, so you know which builds have the fixes/features
2. Have a way to determine which build a user is running, so you know whether or not they need to upgrade.

A common strategy in my world is Major/Minor/Patch.

- Software is released to the public, it’s 1.0.0. Period.
- A critical issue is found that needs a hotfix (crash or similar) - 1.0.1 is released.
- We add a feature the user might notice - 1.1.0 is released.
- We add major feature changes, look and feel differences, or a big rewrite - 2.0.0 is released.

#2633 68 days ago
Quoted from woody76:

Yes, I saw on facebook. LE and SE will be shipping immediately after reveal in Oct and CE will come later.

I am hoping "later" means weeks not months.

#2642 68 days ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

You are a GNR CE buyer?

Absolutely, I just hope I don't have to do an SE->wait->CE cycle like I did with Wonka.

1 week later
#2829 61 days ago

I urge people to evaluate games on their own.

I've only been in the hobby a few years, but I've already seen a repeated pattern where $podcaster or $pinsider shits on $newgame, rallys people behind them, and the game is unjustly harmed by it.

It is Pinside's fault there aren't enough POTC to go around. And being new at the time, I was swept up in it too.

Recall some of the vitriol lobbed at Wonka and amplified by Pinside:

"It sounds like a slot machine" - Literally not true. I dug up footage of the Wonka slots and compared side by side. False pinside narrative.

"The game is worthless without audio on the video clips." - An incredibly stupid take in my view, because nobody wants to see the same clips 1000 times. Once you've played them a few times you start skipping them. Do you want a 10k DVD player with bad controls, or a pinball machine?

Turns out, Wonka is a very good game and designed for longevity in your collection. It's a shame the podcast/Pinside hivemind talked some people out of enjoying it.

Nobody's opinion on a game matters but your own. Have an open mind, don't expect perfection (nothing in life is), and remember this stuff is for having fun!

#2849 60 days ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

However both commented they Really did not enjoy Wonka at all when we played an LE at a friends collection recently.

That's totally fine - not every game is for every person, and I'll be honest...Wonka makes a rough first impression.
It's very difficult and it takes time to understand the code, understand what all the audio clips mean (so they make sense), etc.

Wonka isn't necessarily my point, here. My point is don't let Pinside make up your mind on a game.

#2888 60 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think most people wanted to be a part of walking thru the movie sequences

I am so glad they didn't do this. Linear experiences become repetitive and boring almost immediately.

If you want to see the story, watch the DVD!

#2951 59 days ago
Quoted from RobF:

They carry RGB control signals? That is a lot of RJ45 connections to one board...

That's standard for the WOZ 2.0 light system and beyond AFAIK.

One USB cable goes from the PC to that comm board, then ethernets out from him to all the nodes.

#2953 59 days ago
Quoted from wyopin:

Not the bundle of cables Lloyd, the stake to the right of the bundle....it looks like it goes through the playfield?

Those are pretty common - just pieces of plastic that give a place to ziptie cables against.

#3141 56 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

? lol
Do you just try to find stuff to complain about with JJP games?

Yes, he does. I don't know why he bothers going into the JJP threads just to shit on everything. Everyone needs a hobby I guess?

#3201 56 days ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Where is the innovation promised 6 months ago?

If this doesn't excite you, you should pursue a different hobby man.

#3264 56 days ago

Did you guys notice those fully articulated stage spotlights sweeping around? SICK

#3267 56 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Does anybody know where the camera is at?

Presumably in the same spot as the other JJPs, center of the backglass under the LCD.

#3292 56 days ago

At this point, I don't believe Jersey Jack Pinball will ever release another title. As far as I'm concerned, they WERE a pinball company.

This one aged like milk, didn't it?

1 week later
#3398 48 days ago

I have a defective playfield. I asked to have the playfield replaced under warranty. They refused to replace it. Sending me a blank field in a box is not an acceptable solution.

Part of me wants to offer to do the swap for you, and document the process for the benefit of the community.

Anyone who doesn't know that I was trolling with that post to see if I could get a JJP person to bite and commit to a date needs to take more lessons in nuance. I knew when I posted it that I would get the reaction that it did. Hence my response of "My plan worked perfectly" immediately after I teased out a response. Not to mention the fact I also received two PM's that same week, from JJP folks.

Part of me doesn't, because you're manipulative.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Art of Pinball
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 149.95
Pinball Machine
COINTAKER.COM
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethlehem, WV
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 6,750.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Machine - For Sale
Oakland, NE
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blacklick, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside