501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizardscastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1027 3 years ago

Anyone else think it's probably a wise business decision for JJP to get POTC back on the line seeing that it's their most popular game, and the demand is more than there. With GnR, there are still loads of variables that will determine if it's a financial success for them, and games like Wonka probably aren't flying out of the warehouse.

COVID has to have had impact on their finances, as it has for most of the world, so just seems like a no-brainer that they would put this game out not only to get some cash flowing in, but to also appease the huge number of fans that have been chomping at the bit for this one.

#1032 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

That’s the only game I’d stretch for .I can’t pay the huo prices as they sit I just can’t .It would make sense to re release expecially if they’re not completly ready for new release for whatever reason .I would prolly do something stupid if they did re release .

You're not the only one. I've said I'm done with NIB, but if POTC was reissued, I might have to be a hypocrite.

If they don't make more of these, they're missing a huge opportunity to make some bank, and also, to get their hottest game out to more people, which in turn, creates more positive discussion about JJP games.

I just don't see how they're not filling the current radio silence with something like this. Even if GnR comes out, and it's great, it's still only one game that we'll be talking about for the next year.

Why not shake off some ring rust with an insta-buy like POTC, and then hit us all with GnR. Every other company is capturing attention with news and releases, and JJP is sitting on a homerun.

I just don't understand their business.

#1040 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Willy wonka is still their last current game.
Don’t know how good it is (never played it as potc).
the engineering troubles with some mechs on potc (with those i met on my DI) ruined my jjp experience.
Ready to go with a GNR or toy story but jjp needs to be good, make reliable their games and not cutting cool ideas/mechs.
Lets take their time if they can and need it, there is no hurry from my side.

I had loads of issues with my Dialed In, but I had it far worse withy Jurassic Park LE. Still dealing with Stern and working out issues with it now, almost a year out!

POTC could probably use a little tweaking, but if they improve reliability a bit, there is absolutely no reason I can think of for why they would not rerelease this title.

#1041 3 years ago

And who is doing communications for JJP?

Stern is killing it with updates and new products, and over at JJP... Crickets!

People staying home, looking for new ways to entertain themselves and their family, and barely a peep from JJP.

Whoever is on communications there needs to maybe look at Stern and get some ideas.

#1078 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

i bet JJP is happy about the thirst for news in this thread

I bet Stern is... People who had money burning a hole in the pocket waiting on the next JJP, are probably eyeing that new TMNT since it's available.

Not only do we not have any idea what GnR is going to look and play like, we don't even know if it's coming in 2020.

I'm tired of all the corner-cutting quality issues and blatant greed (JP topper, ST UV kit, etc) but I know if I want a new game, they have them at Stern.

I'd rather support JJP, or any other company for that matter (which is why I took a chance with Rick & Morty) but JJP doesn't exactly do a great job of driving the excitement needed to have me holding onto my money.

I think they hired one of those podcasters as their communications person, and so far, not much of anything going on.

If I'm JJP, I'm talking to the community. Giving them info on where things are, and what's ahead. Maybe even taking feedback/votes to see if people want a POTC to engage with fans and give them something to look forward to.

I fully respect and understand how hard COVID has been on everyone. Running my own company that is also involved in manufacturing, I know I had (and still have) many obstacles. But we kept an open dialogue with our customers, and it resulted in an even stronger community of supporters.

The person in charge of communications seems to really like pinball, but might lack common business sense. Maybe it's time to get the hands off the flippers, and put them on the keyboard.

2 weeks later
#1479 3 years ago

Stern announces another big title, and JJP is selling imperfect playfields and plastics.

This just bizarre to me. POTC is on everyone's wishlist.

Why not put the game back on the line, get people excited about JJP again, and then finish of GNR or TS or whatever game they have coming next.

This radio silence has to be benefitting Stern tremendously.

It's ashame, because anyone who has owned a JJP knows their is so much more quality and thought in these games, and who doesn't want to rout for the underdog!

Come on Jack!

#1579 3 years ago

The money I had set aside that I would have happily spent on a POTC is now likely going to go towards Avengers.

I totally get that JJP is in a transition right now, but the lack of communication has really dried up my interest in what they are have coming.

For me, they didn't even need a new game. Just an announcement about POTC going back on the line could have satiated loads of fans. Even just telling us that they had that in the pipes.

Just poor business sense all around here.

1 week later
#2037 3 years ago

We're looking at this wrong. Sure, JJP is doing a shit job at communication, but they've provided one of the most important things in this hobby... Competition!

Sure, they're not on the level or anywhere close to Stern, but they do give customers more options and they do create innovative games that have clearly pushed Stern to improve (even slightly).

I'm frustrated with them too. But instead of slamming them, maybe we should rout for them. Maybe we should try to be a little more patient, and give them an opportunity to show what they've been working on. Patience is a virtue and all that good stuff.

I bought a Dialed In a couple of years ago, and had loads of issues. I contacted support, and got a call back from Jack himself. We chatted on the phone for about an hour, and I actually really found him to be genuine and concerned. He sent me two complimentary sheets of invisible glass to make up for the inconvenience. He really didn't have to do that.

I've also had good support from Stern, but not with that personal touch.

We all have our ideas as to how we'd run the company, but none of us sit in that chair, so why don't we just wait a little longer and see what they have in store.

Hopefully they'll reissue POTC, but again, let's just wait and see.

I wish JJP all the luck in the world, because without them, pinball has one huge company that can monopolize and dictate the hobby however they choose.

#2049 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Really don't understand why an other batch of POTC would not be made, would they not have already paid for the rights? Think they would have made more to justify the costs, I'm assuming it was not cheap.

It's not always a case of paying for rights. Often, you will enter into a contract that will have a start and end date. You will have that period to use the license, and a the time of expiration, the licensor and licensee can extend the contract if both parties are willing. I actually have worked with a lot of different licensors, and often they give 2 years as a standard. Each quarter, you would be responsible for reporting the royalties. Again, each contract is unique, but what I'm talking about is pretty standard stuff. Not sure what Disney charges in royalties, but the industry standard is 10-14%.

Pinside shows August 2018 as the date of this game, and chances are, the license was acquired earlier. Even if they had a 3 year contract, it's probably due, or close to it.

In my experience, if the licensor is happy with the royalties they've collected, it's super easy to get back in and extend. Some companies will even allow a shorter extension, rather than taking on another 2-3 years. I heard Disney is a b-otch to work with, but you never know.

They must be in need of having cash flow in, so doesn't make any sense why they would not reissue their most popular game again.

I'm with Medic and think we should all post on their social media and email them to express our interest. Maybe the person doing communications will wake up from their nap and start posting up something!

3 weeks later
#3129 3 years ago

Come on JJP... Make me do something stupid with my money today!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk
Plastics
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairmount, IN
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizardscastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=wizardscastle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.