501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thewool.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#201 3 years ago

Hopefully JJP checked in to see what innovation people are interested in. Wife, online, social media, blah, blah... are all major turn offs for me.

They would be better off ensuring a smash hit with there theme choice/integration which they haven't nailed since TH. This is what people will pay for, not fluff.

#377 3 years ago

Maybe I'll own a POTC one day to give it a longer run. But from many games on site the left side of the pf is very cool, the right side is just boring, with that rocking playfield feeling very tedious to me.

Really wanted to love Wonka, feedback from the community isn't great but I've yet to play it. The direction of the code raises a question in my head, would have like to see something more traditional in terms of modes, multiballs, etc. something closer to LOTR/Hobbit. But I get that JJP try to do something different with every game.

As far as innovation, please let it be something to do with gameplay and ball manipulation. And nothing to do with millenial pleasing tech such as wifi, online, bluetooth, phones, etc.

#455 3 years ago

A Bose sound system is innovative? Are we living in the 80s?? Really hope this isn't true...

#588 3 years ago

What a cock tease this video was... tantalise us with some mystery with then nothing. Come on JJP.

#593 3 years ago

Every man and his dog seems to know that GNR is next up, so why not just a photo of a rose petal or bullet casing, anything... Instead you shoot yourself in the foot by losing the buzz.

#610 3 years ago

Their marketing dept. have shit the bed on this one. A rookie could do better.

2 weeks later
#687 3 years ago

I love the way JJP's code team try and make every game stand out, most games are like a rabbit warren in terms of depth, making them perfect for home pinball geeks like us

But... I do think they need to be careful to stray too far from tried and tested formulas. In my eyes the right code should highten the player's immersion and the overall experience. Thinking about LOTR, Hobbit and Alien which have this nailed. While more simple to these games I love IM, and heard in a podcast the other they tried to keep that playing a like a 90s game in terms of code.

Wonka is a grail theme for me, but the way the code has been implented is deep, complex and challenging - but does not feel immersive. Same for Pirates, but to a lesser degree.

Be interesting to see how the code pans out in a music pin. As it's not tied to a story telling it could be something really innovative. But for the likes of Toy Story I hope they come back to having the code really drive the story telling.

#703 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sounds interesting but as I understand your suggestion following the movie from the beginning as a crappy player (me) I would never even get past the gate to enter the factory.

Dude isn't saying that. He's saying the gameplay should be cohesive to the film's story, not random as it is. Meaning the code should be based around 'events', not linear as you are suggesting.

For example, the chocolate room in the movie. That is a classic scene from beginning to end. Starting with the exploration of candy garden, then the river, Augustus getting sucked up the pipe. Heck if you are successful even end that with a multi ball to coincide with umpa lumpa song victory lap. The wizard modes should have been based around the film's crescendos.

Instead the code team decided to do something different, meaning flip the above formula on its head and have nothing connect, just have golden tickets to collect, collective kid MB, etc. Brave decision, an following the formula that JJP try something different code wise for every game.

Also think the comment about connection to the movie is right. If you have a strong nostalgic connection the code just feels like an affront. In a parallel universe the code was something more structured and David Thiel stayed onboard to rock the sound. What could have been...

3 weeks later
#843 3 years ago

Nothing builds hype for a new game more than wood drying in a rack

1 month later
#1886 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I agree with both of you for the most part!
But any top dog can get complacent. JJP wouldn't exist if it weren't for that, and perhaps maybe deeproot wouldn't exist if not for the fact that BOTH companies have significant strengths, but also as significant failings. Mishmash them together, and maybe you have an ideal....
But even at that, JJP, with Wonka's release, feels more like a geriatric version of Stern. Wonka is in no way as Innovative as Dialed In was, nor as masterful as POTC.
Stern is unreal at manufacturing and pushing games out routinely, but as Panzer said, quantity at some point doesn't equate to compelling games. They all start to blend in. And for that point, I'm glad JJP is as slow as they are, but any less than 1 game per year is a disaster in this competing market with Stern.
deeproot could come out swinging in Year One, or they could come out as repetitive and inconsistent. But as someone that is hopeful for pinball, I'm looking towards the former.
Edit: Spooky is dull and unimaginative at best, and American Pinball produces quality craftsmanship, but along with hohum products.

Blend in? Maiden, Dead Pool, JP, Turtles and now Avengers? Give your head a shake.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

8,400 (OBO)
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thewool.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=thewool and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.