501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I love how pinball pushes pinball. No announcement and now jjp responds day of stern.
Typically jjp though always in the response role
God forbid they actually led for once. They slept on the opportunity so hopefully they announce soon. Despite a lot of the old guys not caring, stern will be making A lot of that pinball money with tmnt so jjp better wake the F up

Totally agree...Seems to me they could announce details and take pre orders on new games. I guess their worry is they announce and can't deliver for a year or they simply are really far from actually finishing the game. Look at Spooky...they sold out quick on their latest game....JJP could follow the same model...I don't get it

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Looks like one podcaster who said GNR won't be released until late July was wrong. I said the game will be revealed in June and who knows maybe even May still. This whole idea that it's going to take months to ramp up production is ridiculous. They didn't plan this move sleeping on it... this was probably months maybe even a year in works.
Bring on Paradise City!
Lets see... Guns N Roses vs TMNT. The turtles might as hell hide in their shell because that game looks like its for 5 year olds. NO THANKS!

Maybe its ridiculous, but doesn't mean its not true....u have no idea if their remotely ready? just getting their factory up and running is only one piece of the puzzle....they need parts, etc....

#115 3 years ago

WiFi code updates, JJP game notices, and messaging would be a great perk....these features would benefit both JJP and the end user. All others would be worthless to me, but there might be others that would enjoy head to head, rankings, game high scores, etc?

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Also...for operators it would probably be nice to check audits, and get notifications of mechanical issues - or needs service.
For home use, having connectivity for code updates, scores, etc would be a nice improvement. Not sure what else WiFi could do - and maybe has nothing to do with their innovation announcement anyway.
The innovation is likely something really cool in GnR ...

Theres a lot of push messaging/marketing JJP could do with WiFi....its really a no brainer add on...frankly I'm surprised it took this long....

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Not sure if they are going there or not, but I am confident that JJP will allow you to turn off things like that.

Of course they will let you turn it off and on

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Oh please NO! Imagine advertising spamming your game screen. Would be like an app that makes you wait 10--20 seconds watching an advert so you can get an extra ball or for a few more points.

I'm sure it will all be on startup....its actually a great feature...there could be tech updates, game fixes, code updates, parts availability, game notes, support ticket updates, etc.... why wouldn't someone want this information? I get your point, and would agree if it got obnoxious, but I'm sure u can turn it off like everything else in the game.

#216 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Not sure I trust JJP innovation actually coming through as promised after the stuff they stripped out of POTC.

I see your point, but its probably the best designed game in the last 10 years....so yea u can focus on the negative if u want, but its innovative and full of great shots, innovative design (i.e. canon), and great code....just saying !

#271 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If you're in the JJPOTC cult then yes.

Admit it...your just pissed you don't own one...

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I honestly disagree. Yeah it didn’t show anything in detail, but let’s be honest, when you think of who will innovate or wow you, you think of jjp first. What this video did was it made me pause. I was all in on tmnt, and I’ve been seriously excited to see it for a year or so, but gnr is my favorite band, and it was also long awaited. After seeing tmnt, not being blown away, yet still wanting one I was ready to order my premium. The video then hit, and I remember why I love jjp games more than others. With a huge gnr theme, and Eric designing it, I can’t help but want to see it before deciding between the two. So, yeah, it worked and I thought it was simple, yet great.

My guess is the marketing person is limited on what he/she can do....management probably has the reins on marketing so its probably not their fault. The real question is there anything to market? Maybe there is, maybe there isn't? Nobody really knows....that little teaser spot was just an attempt to stay relevant while they figure things out on their end. All the delays point to some sort of capital raise or asset sale....yea they blame it on the pandemic, but I'm not buying it.

#326 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Ehh, not so much anymore. Wonka brought nothing new to the table. Their in-game camera was innovative when it came out and Keith has cranked out some really cool rules and software, but look at the last couple games: Pirates got cost-reduced into mediocrity and Wonka is also pretty vanilla (but it does shoot well).
Also, innovation is good but Elwin's JP proves you can put together a great playing game without flashy new toys or technology.
Looking forward to whatever JJP comes out with.. competition is always good.

Dude have you played POTC? your mediocracy comment leads me to believe u haven't played it .... POTC is loaded with mechs and great code....That cannon shot in POTC is pretty innovative if u ask me

#332 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yea, I did. Its a wide shooter and I didn't find the ramps and regular playfield shots to be really satisfying to hit. Playing the rocking upper playfield was the best part of the game from a shooting perspective. I was heavily into starting modes til I realized each one was just "shoot the lit shots one time each." I then worked on the multiballs and put together a game where I got through most of them, supposedly close to a wizard mode?
And then.. that's it. I've shot the cannon and got pretty good at the UPF and seen all the multiballs (except the wizard mode) and I'm kinda over the game now. What am I missing? Don't get me wrong, the game is certainly fun, but just not as fun as I was expecting.

curious what games u think are fun ?

#347 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Wonka a better theme than Iron Maiden? To each their own
Wonka shoots smooth as butter, I'll give it that.

I had a IM LE for about a month and couldn't wait to get rid of it.....I guess everyone has different taste in pinball games, which is cool .... IMHO POTC is a game u need in a home environment so u can truly enjoy everything the game offers....it never gets repetitive as theres so many ways to play the game....IM shoots ok, but the theme blows....JP is another game that shoots well, but it feels like a cartoon dinosaur game to me....the JP theme is awesome, but with essentially zero assets it was a no go for me.

#426 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

That cannon shot is cool and well implemented, but it's not innovative at all.
Been done many times before. Probably missing a bunch, but you can find that technology used in the following:
Sega Star Wars
Terminator 2
AC DC
STTNG
Dirty Harry
TWD premium
Austin Powers
Batman Forever

Its innovative how they integrate it into the game....the canon on AC/DC and TWD is a let down to say the least....shooting a ball into the ship and then having it blow up is pretty clever/innovative....lets face it pinball isn't a technology driver...its all pretty old school stuff....

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#481 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I will never understand why people would pay extra for a LE game even with a run of 500

I tend to agree with Stern....with most JJP games I can usually justify the additional capital....invisiglass, lighting, external head phone and volume control, powder coating, topper (even though they usually crap), along with a few play field features (even though on JJP games its the same game).....the one nice thing with Stern is they limit the amount of LE's built...whereas JJP seems to build countless versions

#487 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I was watching Breaking the Band on GnR. It said Axel threw a tantrum before a really big concert and refused to go on stage unless Slash and another member signed over the band to him, basically making them employees. Shortly after that is when everyone left the band. I dont think Slash is in a position to give the rights to anyone. He may be working with JJP to get Axel to give them what they need.

I'm sure age and 50 pounds have mellowed Axel out a little bit....seems like the drugs have worn off and they all seem to get along now....I wouldn't be surprised if the band just said "Hey man do whatever u want"

#500 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

50 lbs. You are being too kind...I will admit I am very happy there are no pics of me from 88 and 2020 side by side. People would assume my 2020 picture was the guy who ate the 1988 guy in the picture
[quoted image]

Ha no doubt....

4 weeks later
#738 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wonka owner..... One of the best shooters, code is the let down just bc it's so damn confusing.... One of the best use of the backbox screens though...highly underrated.. Theme is what keeps it around but it might be swapped once GnR comes out

I love Wonka....great shooter, the four flippers are awesome....back box display is off the charts great.....I'm still trying to figure out all the rules

#744 3 years ago
Quoted from JamCat:

I mean have some actual flow to the elements of the theme, rather than putting them in a dice cup and dumping them out on the playfield and connecting them with random tasks. For instance, in the movie, each kid had a unique journey and side story on finding their golden ticket and also had their own unique experience within the factory. Each golden ticket could have been associated with one of the five kids and the modes, multiballs, and tasks associated with each ticket, could have focused on elements of that kid’s experience finding their ticket and their experience in the factory. That would give a framework and “formula” to put the movie scenes and callouts into context, without them seeming random and like a slot machine. Then you could have sound in the movie clips, since they would match what you were playing for at the time they were shown. Theme integration like that would have led to better mechs as well, such as a pipe ball lock, Eggdicator, or gum dispenser, rather than just a spinning gobstopper.
But instead the kids were tied into one sideshow multiball associated with the same golden ticket. Then some generic gobstopper jackpots for another ticket, and the one random gumball ticket that you just get out of thin air after playing long enough. It’s just so random that I can see why people complain about the monotony of the callouts and random showing of movie scenes with no sound. There is no framework to guide the callouts and movie scenes so they can’t polish the code to make it better.
It’s not a bad game as it is, if you don’t think about the movie, but it could have been so much better that I don’t want to own it. Those that do like it, probably don’t have an attachment to the movie like some of us do, is my guess.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I totally disagree.....its one of the best shooters I've played. Tons of flow, incredible back glass graphic integration, great call outs, 4 flippers (which is awesome), and integrates well with the movie. Once u actually understand the game rules its one of the best games I've owned (and I've owned some great games).

2 weeks later
#876 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I just want it to be over with so I can hope for a better title on the next one. Stern should have done gnr... JJP will just screw it up. Toy story or something similar is more JJP style.

I'll take a JJP GNR all day long

#882 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

That said, I hope GNR is a speed/flow game. I don't think JJP has done one yet, yes that’s what I want as well on this one. Not played Wonka which I hear has it.

Wonka definitely has speed/flow ....

#910 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well that's just stupid. Whats the advantage to not letting people see at least the PF art?

The only logical explanation is that they are a long ways off from shipping the game. If their 30-60 days out theres only upside in showing the game so people can plan accordingly

#922 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

So they are shipping 30 Wonkas hardly news

It shows that the factory is up and running and their making games..so yes its news

#932 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

No it does not show that things are up and running although I believe that they are. The 30 units could just as well been games they had in their inventory that was needed by a distributor. Do you really believe that the factory keeps no game in stock

Highly doubtful they would ship NIB games from the factory in Jersey to Chicago....they would have shipped out to distributors

#934 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I was thinking that also. So most likely these are newly produced games, of some kind.
They have to have been up and running for a month now, no?

It would make sense that they would start their factory with a game they've already built and have pre orders for.....almost zero chance they shipped NIB games from Jersey to Chicago

#942 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Why would you assume That? Distributors a technically just customers. Just because they have inventory built doesn't mean they have to buy it. JJP Jersey was an assembly inventory facility for stock. I am certain they moved inventory like any company that builds a product.

Because it makes zero sense paying to ship games that u know darn well distributors would purchase....why ship twice...stupid

#943 3 years ago

Setting aside the possibility that the machines were moved to Illinois when the rest of the factory was loaded up in trucks, it is not uncommon in this industry for games to ship from one pinball warehouse or company to another for inclusion in a container going overseas. If this container is a mix of Wonka and GnR, then at some point those games needed to be in the same place. While not likely in this case, there have certainly been containers going overseas with games from 2, 3 and possibly even 4 manufacturers on them.</blockq

So when u ship containers overseas what port do they leave from?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,400 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.