501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Pat is god status for pinball design. I like Eric and I think he’s talented but Kaneda sounds like an idiot when he says he’s the best designer in pinball and the guy has one game.

Three games. But only one is released. We'll see the second next week.

Then we see if jjPotC was a fluke and he has a sophomore slump, or if he's the real deal.

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Knowing vireland. That would be "or what".
LTG : )

Definitely. I don't have the patience to listen to the poor production values of 90% of the pinball podcasts out there, and the blathering in need of a serious edit on the other 9.5% turn me off, too. It's EXTREMELY rare that I listen to even part of a podcast. The only Kaneda one I even sought out was the Franchi interview (that was Kaneda, right?) and even then I just hopped through that segment skipping the filler, and that's it.

#283 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Tomorrow is Monday, first of the month... would be a great time to deliver the goods. Building hype then leaving folks hanging for days isn't the best way to build momentum...

With Axl's rep showing up VERY late for concerts, it's a GnR move though. On brand.

#348 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

"Everything is about to change." - Vertical pinball in a cabinet?

$1/play default pricing confirmed.

#439 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Kaneda reporting the innovation is a Bose sound system. Let’s hope that’s not the case as that would be ridiculously underwhelming.

So has Kanadah gushed about it changing pinball, ordered his and then cancelled it yet? That's his MO, isn't it?

#511 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Since this topic has moved to sound does anyone have any knowledge on this set .Im finishing basement and looking for a imax experience at a bargain price .That price is about my limit as it’s much more important to purchase my second pin It’s consuming me I love this sport .Yes if golf and bowling are sports so is pinball.Bought first in March n I’m constantly looking I made room for 4 but realistically after next it’ll be awile I’ll be happy with a choice of 2 for now .Thanks for any input !
[quoted image]

Given that the seller couldn't be bothered to change every picture from Sony to Yamaha, I'd pass. Is he selling a Sony setup or a Yamaha setup? All his others are Sony.

20% negative feedback for that seller in the last 30 days is the final nail in the coffin.

#515 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Is there any systems under $1000 you would suggest I sampled some at Best Buy were 2-4K n I really want that second pin by summers end but still want a solid system.I know prolly want cake n eat it too just trying to even this out somehow ,working butt off side jobs paying for all this the pinball hobby came out of nowhere lmao.

Mid level and up Yamaha receivers are fine. Denon receivers are okay, depending on the model. Sony is meh. Run from Onkyo and Pioneer. They're the same now and total crap, even in the mid-tier units that used to be pretty well constructed.

I used to be hardcore Onkyo until we had two different models of receivers (one was like $1500, the other was like $800) in two different rooms fail a few years apart because of poor components. Support was a nightmare to get them first to admit the problems, then to pay for the shipping to get them fixed (I wasn't paying for THEIR clear defects). They eventually made them both "secret recalls," but the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth and I was done with getting a new Onkyo every 3 years or so.

Rather than get a middling complete system, I'd put most of your money into a nice mid-tier receiver and just a couple speakers (in ceiling or stand up) and then expand the speakers as you can until you have a full, great system. You might also want to troll the bulk auction sites. Receivers pop up there pretty frequently that are open box with warranties left that sometimes sell for 20% of retail price. You might have to buy a lot of items on a pallet or something and sell the excess, but depending on your luck and how much work you want to do, you can end up with a much nicer system than you thought you could afford.

#517 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thanks Vireland for the advice!!Last ? Which auction sites should I look to

There are a bunch. Here is one example that happens to have Denon receivers up at the moment. They're too low-end, but it will give you the idea for when they have better ones up:

https://online.auctionnation.com/items/keyword_denon/hsearch_y

There's also liquidation.com, direct liquidation, prime auctions, etc, etc. The liquidation and surplus auctions are where you can get the best deals, but sometimes you have to work a little for it. If you have more time than money, that's not a problem.

I'm sure you have some smaller places that do this in your area or not far from you that you don't even know about.

#519 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

More time than $ for sure lmao.You helped me with what I needed “direction”.Thanks n best to you !

Also, don't let distance discourage you. If the site allows remote payment, you can arrange to have it picked up by a freight company, or if it's just one item, you can pay a task rabbit person $30 or so (depending on location, the costs change, urban areas are way more expensive) to pick it up and take it to a Fedex shipping depot to have it sent to you. If the deal's really good, none of these expenses will change the value much and they open up a lot more possibilities. As long as you're dealing with a reputable liquidator of the types I mentioned, there's nothing to worry about.

#526 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I've had very good luck with my higher end Denon receivers ($1500-$1800 MSRP range). I am currently running a 9.2 system with Def Tech 12" Atmos towers/center/rears/surrounds and 2 HSU VTF-15H MK2 subs.

Yeah, we're currently with all Denons except for one room with a Yamaha in the house and have been very satisfied.

#612 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Their marketing dept. have shit the bed on this one.

So, on brand for a sex, drugs and rock & roll to excess pin?

#627 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Too funny. Since there is no topic to discuss it does make me curious. Some Pinsiders love making graphs/etc, would be interesting to see a thread like this showing how many branches of topic spun off from these 600 posts vs how many were actually about the original topic. Pinside threads tend to go Odd directions.

Historically, I only make graphs for Stern, and usually only Gomez atrocities. That said, if JJP someday stoops to Stern level antics with unfinished code, etc, I reserve the right to change my stance. Stern's been behaving overall (JP topper DLC excepted), so there hasn't been too much to get up in arms about with Stern lately.

I have sent Jack some pictures to prompt him to spill the beans publicly on pinball's worst-kept, most anticipated secret, though. Today it was a bullet with a rose end...
GnR-Bullet (resized).jpgGnR-Bullet (resized).jpg

#639 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I know this is just a joke, but MY GOD respiratory droplets are 1,000x larger than the nasty gas we emit!

You obviously aren't familiar with...splatter.

1 week later
#678 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Wide body TS that’s what I’ll get up on!!!You can keep GnR standard all $ will be put into sound which can be upgraded cheaply on your own.It will be bare! TS WB is endless please JJP one more WB before you shut it down!!!

Toy Story is Lawlor. He ain't doing a widebody.

#680 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

They are not shutting down....

I think he meant before JJP shuts the book on Widebody pins.

#691 3 years ago
Quoted from JamCat:

I think JJP got it backwards in assigning the themes. Pat’s design would work better on GnR than TZ, since there isn’t a script or formula to follow with GnR. Eric would do better with TS than Pat, because he will take into account the script and flow of the movie. Then again Eric would do well with any theme he is given IMO. I am ready for another Eric pin though and I don’t care too much for TS as a theme, so Pat can do whatever he likes with it.

I think you're basically saying you prefer what you've seen of Eric's talents over Pat's recycling old stuff he's already done over and over. I don't disagree. Hoping Eric doesn't have a sophomore slump with GnR. His work on jjPotC was only fully appreciated once you couldn't buy one anymore.

#694 3 years ago
Quoted from JamCat:

Correct. I think he will do fine on it, unless the bean counters strip his design for cost savings. And yes POTC got a bad start because of the last minute cut of the triple disc and moving chest. People acted like spoiled brats and cancelled orders and didn’t give it a chance. It was only after Wonka was revealed that there was a run on POTC lol. I admit I cancelled my Wonka and jumped on one of the last NIB POTCs myself.

I'm just dead chuffed that Pat's preference for standard width pins won out and Eric can't do another widebody masterpiece with GnR. That's two terrible things Pat's influenced at JJP.

Remember how proud JJP was to point out that WoZ was the same dimensions as TZ way back when WoZ was in development?

"Oh, by the way.......the Wizard of Oz is a Wide Body Game! It is the same dimensionally as a Twilight Zone."

WoZ and jjPotC are better than anything Pat's put out with JJP so far. What do they have in common? Widebodies...and not Pat's rehashed, repurposed low-imagination stuff just recycled from his old pins.

#696 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Keeping in mind Pat has not actually openly confirmed this assumed position nor has the company. Not saying it’s not possible but to hang Lawler on an Assumed position or his assumed iron fist of design laws is a bit of a stretch. Would love to hear JJP or Pat put this in writing or announce it before confirming it as fact.

You're right. But his terrible headphone jack placement move to your knees from the just fine placement on the door is a done deal and a change for the worse I can bitch about now.

#698 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Bitch away that’s what Pinside is for?

Yelobird is right, though. I'll save my righteous bitching for things that a designer did, not things that he may have influenced but haven't happened yet. But when that DOES happen, open season on bitching about it, like the inexplicably terrible headphone jack move on JJP machines from the convenient location on the coin door to the wildly inconvenient area by your knees.

#718 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Im not as versed in pinball as you and most, but wouldnt a wide body slow down a pin, like GnR, that should play fast and loud? It works for other "slower" based themes. IMO

If it does, it's poorly designed. Widebodies just allow more toys, interactions, and action. In the hands of a good designer, it can be great.

Twilight Zone, Indiana Jones, WoZ, and jjPotC are all widebodies and all have great action and toys. ST:TNG is a little slower, but still great.

Judge Dredd, Demolition Man, Popeye, and Roadshow are B/W widebody clunkers IMO. All the Data Waste and SEGA widebodies are clunkers. Go back to the solid state era pre-dmd and almost all the widebodies are slow clunkers by today's standards (though all the Ataris sucked, even back in the day).

#728 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

What wide bodies did Sega and DE produce?

Guns n Roses, Batman Forever, WWF Royal Rumble (worse than Sterns, if you can imagine it).

#739 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

A spectacularly stupid comment Sir.

I'm not saying YOU can't like WWF Royal Rumble, but it's a crap game, IMO, and market pricing reflects that.

#741 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

I actually enjoy all 3 of these titles... Haha!

GnR and Batman Forever are just okay. WWF? Nope.

The pricing reflects that. WWF is about 1/3 the price of a GnR and half to 2/3 the price of a Batman Forever.

#747 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Man this tread started out with real exiting news then morphed into talk about WWF...par for the course in 2020

When you don't tend the field, it becomes overgrown with weeds.

#766 3 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

It wasn't hot when it was discontinued. It was cold as ice, and the game was a pain in the behind for JJP to support- and that was even before clearcoatgate came to light. In retrospect the game didn't catch fire till the chest mod was released, many months later.

It caught fire months before the chest mod came out, only about a month or so after JJP discontinued it. It had to to with people finally being able to play one and realize how awesome it is.

#768 3 years ago

I disagree. There was a little popularity/ price uptick, but nothing like what happened (used $11k tops jump to 15k+) once the chest mod came. Suffice it to say, it's time for this game reveal. And Pirates 1.0 code. I really wonder which will come first.

You know, on second thought, I think you're right. The price acceleration started in Dec-ish, and I think that was a month or two after the chest mod info was out.

2 weeks later
#815 3 years ago

Deadpool is a total clunker, at least the pro was. Crazy levels of overrated. But I want to give TMNT a spin. That said, I hope GNR is a speed/flow game. I don't think JJP has done one yet.

Hated Deadpool Pro. Loved the Premium. Give the Prem a shot.

#818 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

What are the major differences that make the Pro so lackluster?

The main thing is the lack of a right flipper return because there's no ramp to complete the orbit. But the missing drop targets and disco ball definitely changes the experience. Same reason I hated Star Wars Pro, but liked the Premium. The missing death star shot changes things.

2 weeks later
#974 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

What company has ever been rewarded on pinside for showing pictures before the game is ready to release?

TMNT got some pretty overwhelmingly positive response to leaks just before the official stuff. But for every TMNT there's half a dozen that are destroyed from the pics.

#1002 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I used to be down on GNR because I’m not a band pin guy. But then I thought about it - I’m not a WOZ, Wonka or Pirates guy either and those games are all amazing to me.
So, I’m prepared to look past theme if the gameplay is there. And with Eric I fully expect it will be.

Eric will bring it. The only downer is it's not a widebody.

3 weeks later
#1578 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

If I remember correctly Pat Lawler and team redesigned everything with Dialed In

And not all for the better...

4 weeks later
#2782 3 years ago

Seems like the area below the lower inserts is a 6-shooter gun barrel.

#2797 3 years ago
Quoted from proco:

Same as in the Rick & Morty thread, here's my prediction for the playfield ... if they keep on doing the mistake of showing the back, I will use it to my advantage
I suspect there will be a very dominant upper playfield because otherwise I can't justify all of that emty space in the top left.
And greetings to Cary who already used my last image in his R&M video.
[quoted image]

Pretty sure there are exit 1" rubber on the apron side with a switch in each like on WoZ, jjPotC, etc.

#2825 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

I wasn’t threatening to shoot you, and I love drop targets. Love them a lot. All I was pointing out was that after Hobbit there haven’t been lots of JJP games with drops.

And two out of three were disappointing games. There's a million ways to slice the data...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2826 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

A guy with a podcast cast says he saw a gameplay video. Something about best light show ever, things lighting up that have never been seen before. Concert footage on the screen. You have no idea what’s on the other side. And Eric is the king of pinball. So guess we’ll see unless that footage gets leaked

Wait, so how did Kaneda explain coming back from exile? I thought he was out of pinball.

I hope Eric knocked it out of the park, I'm a huge fan of what he did on jjPotC. But just remember when Kaneda was freaking out ahead of time about the underwhelming Willy Wonka with protein-chain superlatives being drizzled all over his podcast. None of them were actually true once people got to play it.

#2832 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It is Pinside's fault there aren't enough POTC to go around. And being new at the time, I was swept up in it too.

It wasn't just you. I've been around pinball for a long time and I almost got locked out of jjPotC after I got hit by disc-gate and trunk-gate and canceled my preorder. Fortunately I was able to change course once it was obvious it was a masterpiece and got a NIB literally a few days before they dried up.

But Wonka? We'll have to agree to disagree there. It's the only JJP I never bought (I even bought Hobbit!) because every time I play it I get hung up on it's failure to come close to its potential with recycled PL ideas and a dearth of toys compared to jjPotC.

Fortunately GnR is Eric again and I'm hyped for it.

#2908 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

How many holes are in the playfield, it looks like Swiss cheese? Too old to add, but it has to be a record. Plenty of inserts shown too.

Probably a playfield lighting effect that's similar to the star map idea on jjPotC.

#2960 3 years ago

My question is, who is that 7' tall dude at the end of the line? He looks like a giant.

#2967 3 years ago
Quoted from proco:

Yes, I'm definitely bored. Please don't ask.
The dark grey metal bracket with coil thingy seems to be a lift ramp assembly, but a bit modified.
See https://www.ipdb.org/files/3072/Williams_1993_Bram_Stoker_s_Dracula_English_Manual.pdf#page=89
I also tried to line up some of the larger holes with the ball guides, but now the inner "loop" is kind of weird

Could be trying to pay homage to the Data East by putting a G and R on the playfield in lane guides.

#2977 3 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Lolz. It's me. I'm standing /on/ the line.

That explains why you look enormous. Thanks for clearing that up!

Oh, and while you're here, for your next pin, PLEASE look at using AC power cords for the main machine connection with server style clips so they can't wiggle out over time. Just did troubleshooting on another machine where tried a bunch of stuff and it turned out that the power cord was just barely making intermittent connection on the back, having wiggled loose over time. They're likely around $1 or less in quantity.

Something like:
http://www.mca-midwest.com/stcableclip.html

#3014 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

GNR? I’d be thrilled if it was just game of the year. That would be a huge win for JJP. Much needed competition for Stern.

They should have swept the awards last year with jjPotC, but the late rollout and limited access by voters to actual machines really screwed them (and Eric) over.

#3017 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Any idea what time Monday they’ll spill the beans?

6:06AM would be pretty awesome, in honor of the first GnR first show on June 6th 1985.

But then again, JJP could do 6:06PM in honor of Axl and the classic band being notoriously late to concerts in the years since.

#3020 3 years ago

Noooooo...

eric-nightmare (resized).jpgeric-nightmare (resized).jpg
#3038 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's elves. They sneak into the factory at night and build games.
LTG : )
Disclaimer : You can't honestly think that JJP is having their greatest reveal ever with no line workers ? See pick from when everybody was out front.
[quoted image]

Get rid of the bandanas and neck gaiters in that picture and that's a model group of mask-wearers. According to a recent study, neck gaiters and bandanas actually spread 125% of the virus that hits them by breaking larger COVID bits into smaller ones that stay airborne longer. It's the reason they're now outlawed at DisneyWorld - science. Clear face shields without a mask used in conjunction do exactly nothing according to that study as well.

#3045 3 years ago
Quoted from bane:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-those-bogus-reports-on-ineffective-neck-gaiters-got-started/
That may not be true.
If a scientist makes a claim based on an experiment, it needs to be verified by other scientists. One study doesn’t “prove” anything, ever.

I didn't know there had been followup, but that article doesn't say the conclusions are wrong, but that they were "overblown and misleading." It seemed like their biggest sniff was that the researchers measured the masks with only $200 worth of equipment, so it couldn't be good.

I couldn't find any followup that said their conclusion was wrong. The complaints were the low-budget testing and that they only tested one kind of neck gaiter. So, I'll keep recommending only non-woven surgical-style and N/KN95 masks.

Slash would agree. Axl would disagree. See? On topic again.

#3065 3 years ago

Best music was not Iron Maiden (and I like Maiden music). It wasn't even original music. jjPotC has a FANTASTIC soundtrack. Like, Oscar-level stuff. I would literallly catch myself musing at how awesome a particular theme was while I was playing.

Best theme - yeah, I do not think jjPotC was a great theme so you can have that one.

#3068 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Don't even waste your time arguing with JY64. He's the biggest anti JJP troll on here, and never says anything good about them. It's been like that for years now.

I'd like to think I was reasoning, but I'm not going to get into a shouting match about it because big picture it's not that important.

I do think Eric and the whole jjPotC team was robbed of the accolades they deserved by achieving the level of game they did due to timing and residual effects from Disc and Trunk-gate. Hoping with jjGnR things are a lot different if it's as refined as jjPotC.

#3073 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Makes sense. I assume they want a small number in homes for folks to test and identify issues.

It's just weird that @ltg, one of their support people, wouldn't be one of them.

#3104 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Who’s taking the night watch ?

Sam. Of course.

sam_got (resized).jpgsam_got (resized).jpg
#3234 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

How many songs are in the game fellas?... where’s the list.

21 full-length studio GnR tracks. This ain't The Beatles with 45 second clips.

1. Sweet Child O' Mine
2. Welcome to the Jungle
3. Paradise City
4. November Rain
5. Patience
6. Live and Let Die
7. Don't Cry
8. You Could be Mine
9. Civil War
10. Coma* (F-bomb)
11. Double Talkin' Jive* (F-bomb)
12. Estranged
13. It's so Easy* (F-bomb)
14. Mr. Brownstone* (F-bomb/drugs)
15. My Michelle
16. Nightrain
17. Out Ta Get Me* (F-bomb)
18. Rocket Queen
19. This I Love
20. Better
21. Chinese Democracy

The asterisked ones are likely the five that are not available at all if you have family mode on due to language. There are no radio edit versions in the game. So if you leave off the adult callouts, you lose five songs from the way it sounds, plus the one unlockable song, for 6 total.

pinball_keefer may have already implemented it, but it would be nice to have three language control options:

1. Family mode - no swears in songs (6 songs unavailable in game), clean callouts
2. Mixed mode - all songs (even with swears), clean callouts
3. Adult mode - all songs, rough language callouts

Deep dive is up:
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/guns-n-roses-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

#3237 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I can't beleive they put Chinese Democracy in there, and Patience seems like an odd slow choice for a fast paced game, but it is one of their bigger 'later' hits.

It's mostly the set list from the Not in this Lifetime Tour. "Used to Love Her" and "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" are notable omissions as are some of the other covers, but it's essentially the Tour setlist.

#3263 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

This game is special...you can just tell. I had to freaking pull the trigger on a CE because of the A/V upgrades on it. 600 RGB lights? GTFO! Lol..
Btw, Game Exchange has one left!!!

~150 of those extra CE lights are on the back and bottom of the cabinet, so not really IN the game.

#3270 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

so Family mode kills a lot of the modes??

I don't know. I'm assuming you still get the modes, but get an instrumental or a substitute song. Maybe one of the Slash originals he made for the machine?

#3271 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Yeah, those and other lights shine right at the player. Looks awesome to me but wonder if all the lights might be too blinding for some players. I can't imagine playing the LE or CE in a dark room with the sound cranked up. Fill the room up with questionable smoke and it will be just like a real concert lol.

JJP pins have generally awesome, granular control over LED levels, so I'm assuming you can turn them down to comfortable levels, and I definitely would. "Eye bleeding light show" isn't an attractive selling point to me, but I do like the light shows they have, just at more reasonable levels.

#3285 3 years ago

What happened to the launch streams? I thought the people that got it in advance were supposed to be streaming it today...?

#3302 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The pin ships with family mode in on position.This will eliminate cuss words and a total of four songs will be excluded in the family setting.Turn off family setting to hear all the songs with no radio cuts and a lot of original band shout outs which will include some cuss words!This is afte all GnR!

Six songs are blocked if family mode is on.

#3303 3 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

The launch stream will be streamed by Buffalo Pinball on youtube on 10/7 at 8PM ET. The stream can be found here:

Which one are they streaming? LE or CE?

#3307 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The few that posted have the LE.

Thanks for clarifying!

#3313 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Where did you here six songs were excluded,I was pretty sure Eric was saying four were?

I initially said 4 when I made the list, so that may have come from me, but I corrected it to 6 within the first hour.

Quoted from Goronic:

I thought it was 4 as well... Anyone know which 4?

All is explained here, with a link to TWIP that backs it up.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/65#post-5888757

Five songs on the list have F-bombs, there are no radio edits, and one song is unlockable, so 6 songs will be excluded out of the box.

#3315 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

In the SDTM video Eric initially says 4 and corrects himself to 5.
Edit: guess according to that list it’s 6

"You Could Be Mine" seems pretty mild with just a bitch and some drug reference, so it may actually be there and the "missing" song may be the unlockable one that's on the list.

TWIP says "The game ships with 15 songs enabled – the 6 containing explicit content are disabled by default" - but I think they probably just are wrong, counting the locked song as a missing explicit content song, when it's really 5 explicit songs and 1 locked song that has to be earned which results in the 15 of 21 songs enabled out of the box since it ships with adult OFF. 5 more are enabled as soon as you turn on adult mode and the last one has to be earned.

I updated the track listing I posted to reflect this, which is what I think is the correct info.

#3317 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

This band was around for the Tipper Gore era where a lot of artists were forced to compromise either lyrically or artistically to appease what the powers at be thought was good for the youth. Or forced to compromise so record stores would sell their albums.

That whole period was BS. There was a Janet Jackson album that had one or more filthy songs on it that you could buy at Walmart, no problem because her image had been clean to that point, but known "bad" bands with much LESS controversial content were rejected.

I'm actually very glad this isn't a Beatles situation with crappy still photo montages and short 45 second song clips. Looks like a hit.

#3371 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Mario Brothers is second after Thunderbirds for games I would never buy and would not sell.

I think a Nintendo Worlds pin would be a better idea than picking just one property. There's a TON of great IP in Nintendo's portfolio and you could do all the popular stuff and also tuck in weird stuff like Tingle or Captain Rainbow, too.

#3379 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Mario is perfect for American Pinball.

If they weren't done after Hot Wheels abysmal sales failure.

#3385 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

While i dont know about sales, AIQ and GnR certainly sucked that $$$ that could have been going to hotwheels. I might be one of them.. Ill have yet to play GnR, but my funds might be going that way.. havent played either at this point.

AP has a management problem that is probably too far ingrained to fix at this point. Spooky has way more direction and game than AP, with way less financial backing.

Houdini was on the cusp of profitable with like 700-750 units sold, then Oktoberfest, the theme no one wanted or asked for, sold about half that. And Hot Wheels, by my estimation, has sold half Oktoberfest numbers. That is a DIRE trajectory. 150 games is an abject failure. And the lack of operator support on Houdini by letting a bug that literally made the audits unusable for more than 6 months showed that AP wasn't serious about the location/operator market. We were done after that.

#3389 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

A friend of mine played it for 8 hours today. He said it is freaking unbelievable. The best pinball he has ever played. Trust me, he has owned all the modern LE Sterns, American Pinball, TBL, Aliens, R&M, etc... Nothing comes even close he said. NOTHING!!!!

The bar owner at the location we put jjPotC said that about it the day it was installed. He kept raving that it was the best pinball experience he'd ever had. And that was no small statement since we kept that location stocked with AAA games like AfMrLE, Iron Maiden Prem, Batman '66 SLE, WoZ, etc.

So I'm happy to hear that based on your friend's raving, Eric may have avoided the sophomore slump and hit another home run with jjGnR.

#3408 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’ll bet my bottom dollar this will be Laulers pride n joy !!
[quoted image]

I just want to see some truly new toys/mechanics from him. Lawlor is deep into career-recycling mode for his last, what, 5 pins? I've owned most of them and am just not feeling it. At least he was TRYING with the micro pinball feature of Shrek/Family Guy (which were not great pins), but it wasn't fun, unfortunately. Fingers crossed that I don't see a collection of rehashed features on Toy Story. Eric at JJP and Keith at Stern have spoiled me with fun and innovation at both ends of the pinball BoM spectrum.

#3421 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Edgy...Harry Potter and include the murder scenes.

Even edgier - Hairy Pooter and include the period pieces.

#3422 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Breaking Bad.
[quoted image]

I love Breaking Bad to death, but I just don't see how it would make a fun pin. Might as well try to do Schindler's List:The Pin.

#3440 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Random question - has there ever been a pin where the ball travels up inside the head? Like not just straight back and out, but something where the ball is locked and travels vertically to the top of the head?
Just wondering.

On KISS the Gene head locks balls and "spits" them onto the playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.