501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_keefer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1846 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

$100 says no new title hits a customer's hands by year's end.

Agreed.

agreedd.gifagreedd.gif
#1945 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

JJP has done so good we are talking about Spooky ... for any JJP employees reading this, let this tell you a lot

My God, you're right. I'm resigning on Monday; I've wasted my life. Thanks for opening my eyes!

#2133 3 years ago

If you want a reason why we don't post here that often, this post is a pretty damn good example. If I go on an interview and say something, I'm saying it for a reason, and it's not to BS the entire community. Last time I talked about this, I htink, was on Buffalo Pinball and it was all legit. But let's go over it anyway.

Quoted from Psw757:

Lack of demand is a false narrative from them. Do you really expect Jack and gang to come out and say listen, we got our ass handed to us on this build and made very little? That would sound terrible to investors and the community.

This paragraph is riddled with problems. What evidence do you have that the narrative is false? Do you really think the investors had NO FUCKING CLUE what the game cost as it was going down the line? Believe me, they are very in-tune with what's going on around here, as well they should be.

Why would it sound terrible to the community? "Oh no, JJP isn't making enough profit, I'm practically stealing this game from them!" Sounds like they got a hell of a deal in that case, not sure why they would care.

Quoted from Psw757:

Maybe early on demand was soft due to the delays and removal/change to several toys but it definitely picked up prior to the shutting it down.

Yes, it picked up when everyone realized that was the end of the run.

As I explained on Buffalo Pinball, in manufacturing we have these things called lead times. That's how long it takes from when you order parts to when it's available for you to build games. This time can be anywhere from 3-12 weeks. This is true for every manufacturer. So, when the line is getting near the end of what they need to build, the decision of what to do next has to be made in time for you not to get shut down by lead time issues. For those number of weeks prior to the end of the line, there was DEFINITELY no interest to warrant ordering more POTC parts. So, the decision was made to move to WW, where we know we'll move a large number just because it's a new game, it's a good theme, and we think it's a good game.

So for those weeks after we made the decision, yes, demand went up greatly. It's too bad it wasn't sooner, because more would've been made then, but A) you can't make up your mind when you run out of parts, you have to plan and B) you can't assume demand is going to skyrocket and be stuck with a bunch of parts that don't turn into games.

Quoted from Psw757:

The one thing that likely didn’t change was the margins on the build, I’m not hinting with all the issues and compounded with delays and length of build per game, margins were soft.

OK Doomer. Fell free to keep ignoring me!

#2178 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

They were losing money at $9,000.

resize_skeptical_eyes (resized).pngresize_skeptical_eyes (resized).png
#2335 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Honestly after thinking about this, i think the parade song in Ferris Bueller was by the beatles. I know and recognize that song, but had no idea it was by the beatles until about a year ago.

The beatles version of twist and shout (1963) is actually a cover of the Isley brothers from 1962. What I didn't know until just now is that technically was itself a cover of the top notes from 1961. Odds are you've only ever heard the Isley brothers or the beatles though.

I thought the beatles version came a few years later, not just the year after.

#2394 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Jennifer Grey was a dirty dancer

Also a Wolverine.

"Red Dawn confirmed!!!11!!"

Fun fact, DD almost didn't happen because of Red Dawn. She hated working with Swayze.

1 week later
#2694 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Guys, fucking space it out a bit more...jesus.

Relax, it was just a peaceful protest.

1 week later
#2927 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

My bet there will be another teaser Friday to increase the hype over the weekend. Drum roll please....

hype (resized).jpghype (resized).jpg
#3335 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Will pinball browser work for this pin? Would be great to change our just a few songs

I don't believe anyone has figured out our scheme yet. And, as suspected, all light shows were hand choreographed to the music.

#3381 3 years ago

$100 says no new title hits a customer's hands by year's end.

Quoted from Yelobird:

GnR in the House. Loving it so far. If you like the band you got a game and a back stage pass with this theme. Amazing work Eric and JJP Team.

In the form of a pinside donation is fine.

1 week later
#3444 3 years ago

It was never a bet. I never intended on paying it. A lie. A ruse. Fake. Can I spoon-feed it any more for ya?

IMPORTANT UPDATE

Let it be known, on this 20th day of October in the year 2020, that despite any posturing one way or the other on the part of @smalltownguy2, he has come through with full payment of his obligation and any accusations of welching or otherwise not being a man of his word related to this matter should be henceforth dismissed with prejudice.

(Any proof that it was from him omitted for privacy reasons, but take me at my word it was from him.)

You da man.

WIN_20201020_10_23_30_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20201020_10_23_30_Pro (resized).jpgson_proud (resized).jpgson_proud (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 210.00
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_keefer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=pinball_keefer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.