501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider palmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 3 years ago

They will follow up this pre-announcement announcement to tell us the announcement is....

drum roll please...

their games are now wi-fi enabled. SMH

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

As I just said this is not difficult to detect. It's real easy to record the data from a game. You take like a game from a top player you know is good and you compare. If it takes him 30 minutes to get that score and he hits these targets in this order and gets these jackpots and hits the flippers X number of times. Then John Doe comes in and beats him with a 5 minutes play time a completely different number of of flips with perfect target hits a computer can spit this out as bullshit in a matter of seconds. This stuff is not hard to figure out.

You are referencing an extreme example. Let's say I just play with the glass off and grab the ball before it drains to keep it in play every time. That would not be detected in your example.

I like to play competitive video games even though Hilton probably thinks I am old. Anti-cheat is a big part of the scene. I am not sure how you can detect it in a way that cannot be circumvented.

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Everything can be circumvented, yet online video games are played by hundreds of millions of people and makes billions. Yes there will always be people that are trying to cheat. It's a cat and mouse game, but its not insurmountable. There is a millions ways to combat it, with hardware and software. All I hear is I don't like change. If you don't enjoy it don't play online. Trust me you will be the tiny majority.

Jesus man. Who pissed in your Cherrios? I said I like to play competitive video games Reading comprehension is at an all time low on Pinside. All I am saying is if you are trusting JJP to do all the anti-cheat systems, I wouldn't hold your breath. And if all of this ends up increasing the prices of games, that would suck. Make it a service you pay into. Then you guys that think this is the next coming can put your money where your mouth is.

#302 3 years ago

It was obviously an effort to pull some hype from TMNT. I don't doubt that they have a cool announcement but that video was put together in like 15 minutes.

#384 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I love these comments. If u say a kiddie type theme is kiddie ur a "badass cool guy".
Don't like DI's lame characters and sparkly cell phone ur a "badass cool guy"
that's weak, last week.
Soy boy mentality at its best.
I agree Maiden isn't for everybody, but neither is Wonka. U know this could be why people have trouble with the JJP fanboys. U can't say anything. They are like the feminists of the pinball world. Watch, I'll be deemed a troll for my opinion. I just want to see this "innovation" and excited to see GnR pics/videos.

Here is a tip. If pinsiders continually call you a troll, you probably are a troll. Soy boy, feminists of the pinball world...I don't even know where to start. Plus your hatred for anyone that is a fan of JJP. You exist on this forum to shit on JJP and shill Stern. That is really all I know of you.

#388 3 years ago

That's not how marketing works. Yes, short term there is chatter about the announcement but bad press is bad press. That leaves a lasting impression on buyers. Take for example, their roll out of POTC. Great game, horrible press. Lots of people talked about it. But problem is a lot of people bailed on a good game because how they handled their message to buyers. By the time demand started to increase, they halted on production. JJP makes a good product... I just wish they focused a bit more on their messaging. They tend to make announcements before they are ready. Creating a nondescript teaser to buy time does not help them...especially based on what they have done in the past.

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

I guess marketing in pinball could be different since it's a smaller market, but I disagree and say a teaser does help them here in keeping them relevant in discussions today. Without that teaser there wouldn't be this thread so it did exactly what they wanted. I do however agree that if they are going to do a teaser at least give a date when there will be a reveal which also keeps them in check on making sure they can produce the product.
Anyways, I'm excited to see what this innovation is even though I know I'm not getting this machine.

I guess what I mean is in a vacuum, yes bad press is press. But considering their history, it wasn't the best choice unless they were planning on announcing something of substance soon after.

#401 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Keep saying trolls to everyone

No just you. If the shoe fits...

#430 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You obviously have never stacked TWD crossbow mode with a multiball. It's always active; you're picking off walkers while juggling multiball with huge scoring potential. Most intense implementation of a "cannon" I've ever seen.

There is similar multiball juggling with the canon in POTC. You need to land the ship shot from the canon to start qualified Curse of the Black Pearl Multiball and from then on out during multiball you need to load the canon and shoot the ship again for jackpots.

1 month later
#775 3 years ago
200.gif200.gif
1 month later
#1412 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Stern would still be making ugly ass games like Avatar and stripped down Iron Man if JJP had not come around.

Yea all their games sucked when WOZ was released. Tron, ACDC, Metallica, Star Trek, Walking Dead...absolute rubbish!

#1414 3 years ago

Yes it was. I guess my point is Stern was already making great games prior to JJP and WOZ. Iron Man and Avatar are also great games!

#1415 3 years ago

double post

#1420 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

These games were after JJP arrived on the scene. Metallica was the first modern Stern with hand drawn artwork, which at the time I remember attributing to the new competition entering the market.

This is revisionist history at best. There is development time with all games. Attributing the success of those game to pressure from JJP is preposterous. I don't know how WOZ prompted Stern to do hand drawn artwork. WOZ is just a photoshop cut and paste job.

#1421 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

JJP’s games are superior quality!

Yea everyone remembers the quality of their WOZ playfields and 5v light boards

#1523 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Your game collection doesn't have the rule set deep enough to facilitate such screens. Soni get why you're confused.

He has a few games that are deep. Just because a game has a smaller screen doesn't mean it isn't deep. When does everyone have time while actively playing to decipher all the information on a JJP game screen? I would prefer the information be on the playfield where I can see it. I'd argue that there are redundancies with what is shown on screen and what is lit on the playfield. I do really enjoy the animations during periods of paused gameplay though (ie intro to multiball and modes...announcement of special achievement like extra ball)

#1572 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Ice you know I love you. With that being said, if Stern put out the advanced games that JJP does, they would not be doing 3-4 Pins a year. Trust me.

I would argue if JJP tried to slim back their model and become efficient they wouldn't be doing 4 titles per year. What does that mean? Absolutely nothing.

1 week later
#1772 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Gotcha. No big deal to me. I will wait for GNR. It will be a better pin.

Except that you have not seen nor played one yet.

#1774 3 years ago

#1921 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

it never ends, 3+ years now.

Same could be said for how much you actively defend it. You’re like the JJP white knight.

#1998 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I just made it available for you to see.

Munsters Pro...now it all makes sense!

#2017 3 years ago

Maybe when he says kill day one he means kill sales?

#2090 3 years ago

I sold my POTC SE for 12K. It was/is a great game. I really enjoyed it. However, no game to me is worth that much. And it really takes effort to play. Meaning if I only have a half hour to play, I am not turning on POTC. I feel that way about pretty much every JJP game. They make great games...fit and finish is the best...sound animations are awesome....code is deep...themes, meh...always time consuming to play.

I doubt POTC gets made again. No way in hell will it be $9500 if it does. C'mon, we are talking JJP here guys.

#2092 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Better at being a snooze fest, little else.
My local op was so proud when he bought it a couple years back. His first JJP!
He sold it in under a year. No business.

POTC is a horrible location game. If you don't get over the hump of learning how to play, you only put a couple of games on it and never play again. If you figure out how to play, you can be on the game for over a half hour. Either way earnings are not great.

#2094 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Good points, but I think JJP would have to do pirates rerun at 10K or less or they won't move them in the numbers they would need to. If they are going to try to take advantage of a few willing to pay 12K for it they are probably wasting their time. 9.5 would probably sell well enough to make it worth while. If JJP has a pin where the BOM and build require it to be 12K they are losing the pin battle and are cost prohibitive to the consumer that have other options for product.

There have been multiple LE sales at ~15k. If you think JJP is going to roll out another wave POTCs @9.5k, I have a bridge to sell you.

#2099 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just because a few sold for $15k don’t mean anything. If that was a valid price point those ones for for sale now would be sold already.
However $9.5 isn’t going to fly, I’d pay $10.5-11k but no more.

So if they build another wave of POTCs and the price is 11.5k, you are out?

#2102 3 years ago

But your max was 11k. I just got you to go 500 more than what you wanted to pay. How about we make it an even 12k?

#2349 3 years ago

Soooo...October 31st it is! Unless another teaser comes out.

#2638 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Do you think that JJP was aware of how weak Deeproot showing was going to be and that’s why they waited for their reveal?

No.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,500 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider palmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=palmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.