501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noma2017.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I will never understand the importance some people put on this.
Do you want to watch the movie, or play pinball?
Most WOZ clips don't have synced audio either, yet nobody seems to bitch about that.

Couldn’t agree more. Great game. Nothing huge missing from the movie.

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

In fact I'd go as far as saying the one clip that DOES have sound - Wonkavator MB - is super irritating to me now and I wish it were skippable.

But that clip has Grandpa Joe overacting as the Wonkavator takes off!

2 weeks later
#644 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Glad you posted this. I listened earlier this morning and had quite a few gripes. This is a much more positive take on it. I do with they had announced you know.. anything. I know they actually will soon, but it sort of came off more of a Deeproot style puffery piece at first.
Interesting that given 2 or 3 natural places to mention it (“we have a game at the top of the pinside 100”, “Eric’s first game knocked it out it the park”) Brett never calls Pirates by name. He mentions every single other game specifically.

I don't see where you are going with not naming Pirates specifically. What's your theory there?

I thought it was a very positive message. You have a young owner who has studied the game/been a fan for years, who cares about moving the game forward, wants to emulate companies like Tesla and is an early investor in Epic Games. Sounds to me like a guy who will push for new advances in pinball. At least that's what my hope is. Agreed that there was no formal announcement and that will remain a bummer until they announce.

#657 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Mine is perfect and so is everybody else’s with build date October 2019.

Same here. CE build date December 2019. Love the game!

#659 3 years ago

They had another tease today on their Instagram story. Looked like they were introducing “under the glass” where JJP answers your questions. The last guy said something like “now that I have you here alone, our next game is...” BLEEP

#663 3 years ago

There was a short Instagram story (meaning it expires) yesterday and it showed Eric, Joe and Jack each talking about something called “Under the glass”. The last guy said something like “now that I have you here, our next game is...” and it went to that multicolored broadcast interruption page that you used to see on TV when the programming was done for the day.

1 week later
#688 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

If you love JJP games you might want to get a Wonka, one of the most fun pins out there.
And it is very challenging to get all the golden tickets!

I really like Wonka. Wonka always makes you want to give it one more game. I also got DI and haven’t fully explored it yet but I really appreciate it for its smooth shots.

#705 3 years ago
Quoted from JamCat:

I mean have some actual flow to the elements of the theme, rather than putting them in a dice cup and dumping them out on the playfield and connecting them with random tasks. For instance, in the movie, each kid had a unique journey and side story on finding their golden ticket and also had their own unique experience within the factory. Each golden ticket could have been associated with one of the five kids and the modes, multiballs, and tasks associated with each ticket, could have focused on elements of that kid’s experience finding their ticket and their experience in the factory. That would give a framework and “formula” to put the movie scenes and callouts into context, without them seeming random and like a slot machine. Then you could have sound in the movie clips, since they would match what you were playing for at the time they were shown. Theme integration like that would have led to better mechs as well, such as a pipe ball lock, Eggdicator, or gum dispenser, rather than just a spinning gobstopper.
But instead the kids were tied into one sideshow multiball associated with the same golden ticket. Then some generic gobstopper jackpots for another ticket, and the one random gumball ticket that you just get out of thin air after playing long enough. It’s just so random that I can see why people complain about the monotony of the callouts and random showing of movie scenes with no sound. There is no framework to guide the callouts and movie scenes so they can’t polish the code to make it better.
It’s not a bad game as it is, if you don’t think about the movie, but it could have been so much better that I don’t want to own it. Those that do like it, probably don’t have an attachment to the movie like some of us do, is my guess.

All good points, but I will tell you I am a huge fan of the movie. Probably top 5 family films in our household and we love the game. It keeps you coming back for more. I’m also not sure I want a game that takes you linearly through a plot as I am an average player at best and I would probably never see large portions of the movie. The game covers the main themes of the movie in my opinion, but I could always nitpick. Where’s the grandpa Joe jumping out of bed scene for example.

1 month later
#927 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

If you blow up the pics. it looks like 2 out of 3 say Wonka. Not trying to be a downer, but facts matter, and we have no facts, just arm chair sleuthing!

I love it. Was thinking the same thing with the white out on one of the names. We are desperate over here!

#954 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Wonka is a huge sleeper hit!!!!Great game!

My favorite JJP so far but haven’t played Pirates or Hobbit

1 week later
#1037 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

A little slow with details jjp, heres some entertainment to pass the time while we wait

This game must include Slash’s extended guitar solo in November Rain, right???

2 weeks later
#1265 3 years ago

IF this were true, I could see it being that GNR has said some particularly non-PC things in the past. Most bands have but just wondering...

#1268 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Isn't it pathetic that the current political climate could have an impact on the release of a pinball machine because of what a band has done or said in the past? Let me just remind JJP that GnR was the most profitable touring band in 2016 2017 and 2018.

Agreed it would be pathetic, just playing the game on this rumor. Hope not true

#1274 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Whatever, at this point. Im just anxious to see another JJP game.. I dont care which one is shown first.
What would be really sweet if they BOTH came out this year as they have the larger factory now, wouldn't THAT be something.

I think I would be a buyer on either one

#1320 3 years ago
Quoted from sandro:

My guess is you wouldn't scrap it entirely, you would wait to *not* release the same time as a competing pin. Especially, if you think that the pins would cannibalize each others sales. Assuming that a portion of the sales of either pin are locked in to fans (and they will buy *whenever* you release), the remaining sales are to either those who will buy both (probably will buy whenever you release) or those that will choose based on theme. Given 2 pins with similar themes (Licensed Theme - Music), the sales would likely spilt between the two based on any number of other criteria (designer, look, play, price, etc). For some (arcades like D&B) it might just be as simple as price....

If I had to "bet" on which pin would be a massive success this fall/winter in the middle of a pandemic, it would be TS. I just think it will bring new consumers to the market. While one can argue that people are hurting economically, they seem to be spending more on home entertainment and I could see many people getting a family friendly pin to pass the time. Just a thought.

#1322 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Well there’s hot wheels for that too.

#1323 3 years ago

Sorry meant to insert a vomit emoji.

#1325 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Yup. People have been digging Hot Wheels, looks like a really fun pin with solid code updates. Annnnnd about a grand less than entry-level JJP...?

Sorry I shouldn’t judge. Haven’t played and it gets reviewed quite well.

#1327 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wise words to every WOZ owner out there

I have learned to love that maddening game!

#1358 3 years ago
Quoted from heartbrand:

Count me in as someone who would instantly put money down on a CE Toy Story but has zero interest in GnR

I am in for Toy Story CE. I think it’s a cant miss.

#1367 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I realize music pins are popular and would expect GnR to do well for JJP. But I also believe that the potential market for Toy Story is much larger and believe that TS should sell far more than GnR simply because of that.

Totally agree. People dismiss it as a child’s movie, but it was incredibly well written, has high 90’s rotten tomatoes, Billions in box office revenue, Disney theme park, etc. I just think it could bring new customers to the hobby. I also could be wrong...

1 week later
#1636 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The factory being busy has nothing to do with JJP making money. Those Wonka they’re building - they have to actually be bought by people to make a difference and if you think Wonka’s are flying off the shelf, I have a bridge I can sell you too!
I want to know what the marketing department that JJP invested in has been doing all this time besides release a hyper trailer about innovation only to do absolutely nothing since.
Time to wake up JJP and get back in this game. I am a huge GnR fan and want to support the company. Let’s go.

Where’s the evidence on Wonka not selling well?

#1647 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Axl doesn't want a fat version of himself on the game, so he is invoking a major workout program.

Now you are talking. Fat Axl rises from below playfield like witch in WOZ!

#1722 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

When I saw this teaser image, it didn't click that was a line from GNR, I legit thought they were begging people to please buy a game.

I already obliged on both of those games during pandemic and WOZ. Ready for the next one. I do think the reference to working in pinball “paradise” and “oh won’t you please take me home” are references to GNR. Combine that with the wishing Slash a Happy Birthday and it seems like GNR will be next and not TS.

#1725 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why not both?
With the new factory they should be able to run two games at once. You have to believe that both games are done and they are well underway with games 8 & 9. Releasing two games that appeal to different segments of the market would be awesome. I can’t imagine many buyers wanting both GnR and TS.

It’s a good point. I am very new to the game and hobby. I could see TS doing very well if released in time for holidays. Will bring in lots of new families.

1 week later
#2334 3 years ago

Obviously GNR. Kind of wanted a TS for Xmas but seems like that won’t happen.

#2343 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

OMG that would be amazing, with Matthew Broderick callouts.

Incredible idea. Also Karate Kid, Goonies and Back to the Future.

#2629 3 years ago

JJP just posted on IG that they are working hard to make “your October a memorable one”
It’s a pic of the whole team and isn’t that Eric in the middle?

#2631 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Sounds to me delivery will be in October. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

And it’s Eric GNR

#2636 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am hoping "later" means weeks not months.

You are a GNR CE buyer?

#2651 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Absolutely, I just hope I don't have to do an SE->wait->CE cycle like I did with Wonka.

Awesome. That’s what I would do with TOy Story should it release. I would need to convince the wife on GNR as she isn’t a fan.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noma2017.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=noma2017 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.