501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#243 3 years ago

Been thinking about some things that wifi could provide, and here are some more that I don't believe have been mentioned (though, apologies if they have; I've largely skimmed through this thread but not read every post in detail):

* Online tech support. Suppose you could call JJP, and they could tap right into the diagnostics of your game (with your permission), tell you to try stuff and see the results in real time. I know a lot of experienced owners might not need this, but it could help attract more newbies who know less about pinball repair. Maybe there's even a way for them to get a report of what components are failing, similar to automotive diagnostics. I know a lot of us have had great experiences with JJP via facetime or calls where they are super helpful in trying stuff. This would take it to a new level.

* How about locating the camera at the top of the backbox and not bottom? Angle it so that you can see the whole playfield and allow everyone to record or stream their games if they want. Maybe it won't be equivalent to the quality of a DeadFlip stream, but I wonder if you can get the angle right to allow more people to record their games without a fancy setup.

* Similar to the above, if you had such a camera, how cool would it be to hire a professional player to watch you play live over the internet and give you pointers? I bet there are a number of really good players who would enjoy earning a little extra cash and teaching people to play in the process. I know I wouldn't mind paying for an hour lesson with someone who could watch and give me pro tips to really up my game. (I know some of this you can just do with your own camera or phone with a mount, but this would be built in and allow everyone to have the ability to do it easily . . . again, all dependent upon getting the angle right, if possible).

#440 3 years ago

Wouldn’t a Bose sound system add significantly to the BOM, meaning other things will be cut out or the price will be higher?

#535 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

You can only say so much about a video that promotes something and nothing at the same time. Come back in a few days and if no new info comes out we may be debating our favorite Brady Bunch episodes or what's the best temp to eat a steak.

I like the one where they go to Hawaii, find an idol, and get scared by a tarantula.

Medium rare.

1 month later
#973 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Any idea on why they can't show some pictures at least?

What company has ever been rewarded on pinside for showing pictures before the game is ready to release?

3 weeks later
#1372 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Since that Walk In thread rumor got so much traction and attention I'll start a new one from my neighbor that knows a guy with a pinball machine that JJP is actually delayed as they Actually decided to blow your minds and release Both GnR and TS at the same time and swallow the Q4 market! You heard it here, made up just minutes ago!

I know five guys that say it is definitely Harry Potter and not GNR or TS.

#1465 3 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

For crying out loud, when will people stop calling all animated films baby movies? There are *tons* of animated films out there that are meant just as much for adults as they are for kids. GASP! Can you believe it, the two aren't mutually exclusive! Toy Story, Ratatouille, Monsters Inc., The Incredibles, Tangled, How to Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Chicken Run- Just a small selection of incredible animated films that adults enjoy just as much as - if not more than - kids. Thankfully it seems like most people on Pinside understand this, but some like you still blindly label all animated films as baby movies and that's what I don't get.

If a Spirited Away (Miyazaki) pin isn’t made by the time I retire, I’m making a home brew version.

1 week later
#1728 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why not both?
With the new factory they should be able to run two games at once. You have to believe that both games are done and they are well underway with games 8 & 9. Releasing two games that appeal to different segments of the market would be awesome. I can’t imagine many buyers wanting both GnR and TS.

Because you’ll cannibalize your own sales. While the games will appeal to different audiences, there are still a lot of purchasers who want both but don’t have the dollars right now. You also want to spread out the buzz surrounding new releases.

Stern is capable of releasing two games at once, but they don’t for the same reasons.

1 week later
#1959 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Everyone whines about how ineffective that teaser video was...but look at this thread that continues to rage out of control almost 2000 posts later.
Perhaps it was effective after all?

Yep, and when they finally release something, nobody’s going to care about the time delay. If it’s a great pin, people will be gobbling it up.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2184 3 years ago

I’m not a huge Mozart fan, but a pin based on Stravinsky’s Firebird Suite would have me sold!

#2582 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Heard from 2 reliable sources that JJPs next pin will NOT be GnR. Instead it will be Toy Story.
GnR is actually done and was scheduled to come out before Toy Story, but...well....that's all I can say.

So, was BallPin just a troll? What he said appears to be wrong, and his account is no longer active.

#2675 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ll buy that in a second.

I have to say, I think a new D&D game would be huge! But maybe I’m just a geek.

1 week later
#2813 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

For the record, the three games after Hobbit are DI, POTC and WW. How many drop targets?

DI has a virtual drop target.

#2856 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I bet that circle has something to do with Slashs Top Hat

That was my thought as well.

#3049 3 years ago
Quoted from JDHHoover:

lol. He was upset when toy-story did not work.

Have him try Harry-Potter.

#3216 3 years ago

Wow! Those moving stage lights on the back panel look amazing! One of the best light shows I’ve seen.

#3347 3 years ago

I must say I've been blown away by this reveal more than any other reveal that I can remember. Kudos to everyone at JJP for pulling this off! Keeping it quiet, not having pictures leak, building up suspense, coming out with some amazing and incredibly polished reveal videos, and being ready to ship on day one. I think they took everyone's feedback about past reveals and really hit this one out of the park.

I've always been indifferent to music pins, and I never thought I would ever be interested in one. I'm not even a GnR fan, but I have to say, I think I may want this pin. It is a bit too soon to tell, and I would want to see more gameplay and play it myself, but it looks amazing and completely immersive. I haven't seen a music pin really capture what it is like to go to a concert until this one. The way they have set up the playfield around all the instruments, the mock stage with the lights including the moving stage lights, the hundreds of LEDs including on the side rails; it all adds up, and really leads to an amazing show.

And, my initial impression of the layout is that it looks solid. I know some are complaining about the lack of mechs which I don't really understand. It certainly doesn't have the number of toys that WOZ or JJPOTC have, but it seems to make up for that in the use of its assets, the light show and the mock concert experience. And, for those asking about innovation, when have we ever seen such a well choreographed use of LEDs? What about the completely moveable stage lights on the back panel? How about the non-mechanical switches that likely allowed a lot of the layout to happen? I would say it is plenty innovative, and there's probably more that we aren't aware of yet.

I am very happy for JJP on this one, and I think they will do very well. I think it is incredible and a really good sign that all of the CEs are already sold out.

I can't wait to try this for myself!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 210.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=nokoro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.