501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nogoodnames222.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1088 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Take note what is said at the end of this vid..

"Soon, online pinball machines will let players compete across the globe" (since no one seems to be acknowledging this).

Both Stern + JJP have been hinting at online multiplayer for a while, kind of a bummer they didn't actually get some kind of beta out to capitalize on the lack of in-person competition right now. I would love some sort of head-to-head challenge mode for my Hobbit... I personally think doing a full 3 ball game against someone you can't see would be kinda dry, but if there was a way to launch right into a mode, and race the other player to finish the mode first or something, that could be very cool.

Just daydreaming.

#1091 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Started on the 5th post of this thread and everywhere in between

Ah, I thought all the online multiplayer talk was just speculation, figured it was interesting to hear it actually confirmed as 'coming soon' in a JJP video but I may have missed something. Do you have a link to any other info about it?

2 weeks later
#1285 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Just to address this for future, I have no idea who you think I am, but I'm not him/her. I heard kenada already, I actually never heard of that person. Never saw any of that persons posts. I have no idea what the history is there. However, I can confirm I am random and also I can confirm I will no longer post information I hear. I hear a lot and never post anything, but this particular issue angered me because the reasoning behind JJPs rumored decision, which I basically already addressed. I wanted people to know and fight for GnR release, I think its pathetic they are holding it back due to being scared or reception. All music pins have history and they all sell well. Just do it JJP.
P.S I knew people wouldn't believe my source/information, that is why I posted also about this Friday's Stern announcement, to validate that I know what I'm talking about. I also know what the announcement is, but holding that information back so I don't spoil Sterns surprise.

Friday is your day of reckoning, Knock-off Kaneda. If your sources prove to be true I suggest you start a podcast.

20200820_105237 (resized).jpg20200820_105237 (resized).jpg
#1298 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

You have companies like Spooky putting out Rick and Morty but JJP sees GnR as too risky a theme.
Give me a break... If this is true, it is the first step to the company going under.

You're getting upset about unconfirmed news, which the unconfirmed source won't even confidently state, about a game that the company hasn't even confirmed is coming. You need to pause for a sec and think about if this is worth getting worked up about.

#1384 3 years ago

JJP's next pin = Matrix, calling it now.

Stern is rushing their announcement of Bill and Ted to get the first blow in the great Keanu wars of 2020. How this will affect Johnny Mnemonic prices remains to be seen.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#2113 3 years ago

Just a reminder, this thread was created because JJP put out a video saying: "You asked for INNOVATION, we answered. Everything is about to change!"

If they let 4 months go by and then announced the re-release of a game that came out years ago that'd be quite the marketing strategy... realistically it'd just make me a little concerned that things aren't going well behind the scenes at JJP, though I'm glad to see they've got the new factory up + running despite the economic hardships of 2020.

Back to what this thread is supposed to be about: what kind of 'innovation' are you hoping or expecting to see out of JJP? I originally thought the teaser was leading up to online leaderboards/head to head play for their full catalog of games (would've been really nice for us JJP owners during quarantine). Maybe it's animated inserts? Who knows.

I think one thing JJP could potentially do to set them apart from other manufacturers would be to offer 2 different game-modes, home and location. A few of their games (at least POTC + Hobbit) seem to be 'too deep' to really shine on location. Would it be worth having the full, rich JJP code/rules we've come to expect, along with a more stripped down version that can be easily explained for location play? It's probably (almost undoubtedly) not worth the programming time, but I think it'd be neat.

#2117 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

They literally did this in Wonka.

I guess I'm just an idiot, huge props to Jersey Jack for learning from past criticisms. I hadn't heard that before but that's really cool to me.

#2121 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I still think something big software related is coming for all JJP machines, not only Wifi updates, as there hasn't been a single JJP code update in over 6 months. Something is going on.

With the teaser vid structured how it was, showing all the past titles leading to the "?", I just assumed it'd be some feature debuting on their next title + rolling out to all past JJP games (requiring a dongle or whatever). Continuing support for older titles is the #1 way to my heart for a pinball company and shows good will to loyal customers, and if it's something *big* that they're touting as "INNOVATION" I'm still very excited to see it... Right now though I'd just like to see any kind of communication or announcement from Jersey Jack.

Quoted from zaphX:

It was easy to miss if you're not watching the code updates. They called it coin-op mode.
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2019/10/08/code-update-jersey-jacks-dialed-in-v-1-25/

Thanks for the info, that's really cool. Would be interesting to see how extreme you could push this, potentially have different modes w/ different assets between the two game-types. Again, I get that it's absolutely not worth it from a business perspective, but could add depth/variety for in-home owners.

#2379 3 years ago

Who could've predicted, 3+ months later the title of this thread would be relevant again. Another new JJP teaser, at least they gave us a date this time around

2 weeks later
#2910 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Maybe I missed the post, but did anybody mention the very obvious Ethernet connection? I don’t own a JJP (yet) so not sure if this is common or already discussed
[quoted image]

Common, they use ethernet to connect node boards and stuff

#3251 3 years ago

Not really a big fan of GNR at all, but hearing how heavily Slash was involved has really made me much more interested in this. Can't wait to play it; clearly this one was a labor of love, and the game looks fantastic. Awesome asset integration, love the artstyle, and really like how standard/LE/CE all have completely different looking cabinets. I can't see a single overlooked/skimped item... the fact they actually used the correct headstocks with Gibson/Fender logos on them:
chefkiss.gifchefkiss.gif

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 210.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nogoodnames222.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.