501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#282 3 years ago

Tomorrow is Monday, first of the month... would be a great time to deliver the goods. Building hype then leaving folks hanging for days isn't the best way to build momentum...

#318 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

when you think of who will innovate or wow you, you think of jjp first

Ehh, not so much anymore. Wonka brought nothing new to the table. Their in-game camera was innovative when it came out and Keith has cranked out some really cool rules and software, but look at the last couple games: Pirates got cost-reduced into mediocrity and Wonka is also pretty vanilla (but it does shoot well).

Also, innovation is good but Elwin's JP proves you can put together a great playing game without flashy new toys or technology.

Looking forward to whatever JJP comes out with.. competition is always good.

#323 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

I understand the frustrations but to say that POTC is mediocre is a bit of a stretch. The upper playfield rocks back and forth, has 2 flippers, 2 spinners, and a cannon that shoots a ship across the machine. The rest of the layout and rules are well above par as well.

Yea, the cannon and ship are pretty cool. I'm just disappointed all the modes turned out to be more or less the same. Hell, I'd rather have more unique modes than the triple disc. I'll concede Pirates was pretty innovative with the cannon and ship, but Wonka definitely was a step backwards.

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Ummm, the T-Rex mech on the JP Premium and LE is probably the coolest, "flashiest" toy on a Stern in a long time and POTC is the most packed game in a long time even with the things they removed.

I'm referring to JP Pro. Premium toy is cool but too many issues getting it working 100%. The pro version of JP has all the same kickass rules, all four ramps, really everything that makes the game fun.

And yes, the toys on Pirates are neat.. but after spending some hours on one and getting through most of the game, I have little desire to play it again. Meanwhile I can't get enough of Maiden and JP (and EHOH now that a local buddy just grabbed one).

I just don't know what JJP is missing... their games are built better and should BE better, but the Sterns are just more fun to play.

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Dude have you played POTC? your mediocracy comment leads me to believe u haven't played it .... POTC is loaded with mechs and great code....That cannon shot in POTC is pretty innovative if u ask me

Yea, I did. Its a wide shooter and I didn't find the ramps and regular playfield shots to be really satisfying to hit. Playing the rocking upper playfield was the best part of the game from a shooting perspective. I was heavily into starting modes til I realized each one was just "shoot the lit shots one time each." I then worked on the multiballs and put together a game where I got through most of them, supposedly close to a wizard mode?

And then.. that's it. I've shot the cannon and got pretty good at the UPF and seen all the multiballs (except the wizard mode) and I'm kinda over the game now. What am I missing? Don't get me wrong, the game is certainly fun, but just not as fun as I was expecting.

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

curious what games u think are fun ?

All pinballs are fun to some degree (well maybe not El Toro...) Recently-played, off the top of my head REALLY fun games: Stern JP, Iron Maiden, EHOH, Dr Who, AFM, Mousin Around, TWD, LOTR, QD, Tron, Whirlwind, Big Game...

Also, I do think Pirates is reasonably entertaining. Just not $10K entertaining

#345 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

He said he likes Iron Maiden which is a decent shooter,but Wonka is a better shooter with a better theme better lighting and animation.Wonkatania mode is pretty damn innovative!

Wonka a better theme than Iron Maiden? To each their own

Wonka shoots smooth as butter, I'll give it that.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#351 3 years ago

"Continue" feature, but on steroids.

$0.50 per ball, unlimited buy-in.

How badly do you want to make that wizard mode?

This might actually work pretty well if the final score was total points divided by number of balls played.

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well we've always heard the buy-in feature didn;t work well on location...but maybe it's time to give it another try

Yeah it'd be iffy whether it catches on.. I'm thinking casual players wouldn't like it, but maybe make it a hold-flipper startup option for players who either want to see the depths of the game, or want to set a 1-ball high score...

#415 3 years ago

Maybe someone could just call Schwan and ask them if they saw any GnR or BttF related items laying around while installing the panel....

#427 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If this ends up being better sound it will be a huge let down.

Yea better sound is an easy aftermarket upgrade... hope the reveal isn't something that we're already doing...

#428 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

the canon on AC/DC and TWD is a let down to say the least

You obviously have never stacked TWD crossbow mode with a multiball. It's always active; you're picking off walkers while juggling multiball with huge scoring potential. Most intense implementation of a "cannon" I've ever seen.

#445 3 years ago

Bose ain't all that great, doubt it'd be much better than current aftermarket systems. Are they including an external sub with it?

"No highs, no lows... must be Bose!"

#497 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Are you really saying you think Stern speakers and audio adjustments sound good?
You really thing flipper Fidelity sounds good?
They are all shit and bose will be an upgrade.

I'm saying the shit I replace that shit with sounds good. I have no need to pay extra for the Bose name (and you can be assured this Bose "upgrade" will come with YAPI!)

3 months later
#2896 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have nothing against Eric, he’s designed a great pin. I do have something against Kaneda etc. who put down other designers like Lawlor, Borg, Ritchie, Gomez etc. who were making great games when Kenada was wearing diapers

Chris is typical youtuber, saying whatever he thinks will generate views. I'm just glad you all watch that junk and relay the useful bits back here so I don't have to suffer through it...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
Hardware
Pinball Haven

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 210.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.