501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meSz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Pat is god status for pinball design.

We live in a "what have you done lately world" and Pat hasn't done anything people are goo goo over in 20 years. (Maybe Wonka but most are bitching bout that and Dialed In has pretty much been deemed as JJP's flop thus far)

Quoted from delt31:

I like Eric and I think he’s talented but Kaneda sounds like an idiot when he says he’s the best designer in pinball and the guy has one game. It’s actually embarrassing.

Eric might very well be the best but with only one game, it’s WAY too early to say that just like it was WAY to early to hype the SHIT out of Wonka. And we all know how much crow he ate after that. K means well - just gets ahead of himself.

I agree with ya here but Eric coming out with a hit with his first machine is great. That means he's, what, 4 behind Pat with 30 years to go?

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Knowing vireland. That would be "or what".
LTG : )

The old “I know a guy”

#306 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

pretty weak from JJP if they don't show it fairly soon. To throw that out saying we're going to innovate and then confirm what they're talking about a month later would be lame. I'm hoping we hear within the week or so.

If that was an actual "teaser" JJP should fire their marketing person. All that video did was make it easier for someone to say my money is going to TMNT, which IMO doesn't offer much in the way of innovation.

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I honestly disagree. Yeah it didn’t show anything in detail, but let’s be honest, when you think of who will innovate or wow you, you think of jjp first. What this video did was it made me pause. I was all in on tmnt, and I’ve been seriously excited to see it for a year or so, but gnr is my favorite band, and it was also long awaited. After seeing tmnt, not being blown away, yet still wanting one I was ready to order my premium. The video then hit, and I remember why I love jjp games more than others. With a huge gnr theme, and Eric designing it, I can’t help but want to see it before deciding between the two. So, yeah, it worked and I thought it was simple, yet great.

point taken and good to see it from a different perspective!

3 weeks later
#686 3 years ago
4 weeks later
#857 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Did JJP just calmly make an official announcement?
#patience[quoted image]

If that's there "Official Announcement" then their marketing person should be let go immediately!

1 month later
#1467 3 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Jack pushed back at Stern and was the only reason Stern started to up their game.Gary had no reason to improve anything on his games because no one threaten him or should I say his monopoly in the industry.Jack was one of his biggest distributors and he saw the future of better games and went for it.Stern would still be pushing out average games but Gary new his monopoly had to come to a end someday and guys like Jack gave Gary the nudge he needed to do more.He still to this day is the best pinball manufacture on the plaint and he deserves it,But Jack deserves all the credit for changing the industry and bringing innovation to the table.Their is no one who can honestly say any stern game prior to WOZ even compares to cool toys, better screen, theme integration and innovation.

Well said! Whilst I love JJP games as well as Stern games. If it weren't for Jack we would've seen a lot more RS and BBH machines. Not to mention we would still be looking at an orange Dot Matrix screen.

#1469 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

You're not giving Stern any credit. They would have advanced to white LEDs with a momocrome colored gel screen even without JJP.

Wasn't looking to knock Stern but one has to think, if you have no competition, why would you put more into a product! You can't blame them. Stern put out some great games and they continue too. Do they have some duds, HELL YEAH! I guess the good news out of this is ...... there's several manufactures producing games now and options are always good.

The one downfall to JJP coming along is .... I feel it caused the dramatic price increase in new machines. After the success of WoZ and the demand for it once Jack raised the pricing Stern saw this and followed suit without really adding more to their games. People still bought them up and the Pro, LE, Premium, CE, Standard models were established. And to JJP's discredit they took the Limited Edition to a new level with the Limited Emerald, Ruby Red, Yellow versions.

Again, good to have so many selections to bitch about! Beer is kicking in .... Im done!

#1508 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

don’t get JJP. Jack keeps popping out the Woz editions, yellow version money grabber.

Ice, let me throw this out there.
(Disclaimer: I have no knowledge on JJP business nor do I have a neighbor that knows a cousin's sister's boyfriend that works across the street from JJP! IN short, this post is a question/speculation)

Does anyone wonder at this point if Jack is making the decision at JJP? Reason I ask this is with JJP moving to IL and Jack and Jenn being the only ones not to go I wonder if Jack is more of a consultant at this point. This is often the case when a company is either bought out or receives an influx of cash from investors. The person, in this case Jack, agrees to stay on for a number if years and then take a buyout.

Hopefully this is not the case as I feel Jack brings a a lot of enthusiasm to pinball and I look forward to the next release, whatever it is!

#1598 3 years ago

I like both Stern and JJP machines but man seeing the Avengers LE model ..... just when you thought that WoZ YBR looked like a bottle of yellow mustard.....Stern raised the bar, MORE YELLOW!

#1733 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Disagree. The number of buyers that will want to buy both immediately are a tiny, tiny fraction of likely sales. The buzz of two would outweigh any downside, especially if two more games can be released in 2021.

Speculating here but we know one line is currently making Wonka machines. So my thinking is .... one line will continue to make games already out and the other line will make the newest machine.

Also, WoZ continues to sell and I believe they have to license till the end of 2021 so probably will see more of them produced as well. Figure they did a run of RR that sold out and they had said that more YBR could be made next year. The YBR was "limited this year but more could be made next year".

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1866 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

I own a POTCLE and would love to see more made, not selling mine so really don't care about resale value for the next...while
The GNR crowd will lose their minds if it is another run of POTC though. Either way will be fun to watch!

Maybe JJP has a second line up and ready to go where they can do both #6 and POTC at the same time? I say maybe cause I don't know and can only speculate like 101% of the others that post here! In short I can't say "I know somebody at JJP that said......"

#1895 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I doubt its of any real concern

Hazoff not signaling you out as I have read a lot of post where people say (insert pinball company here) isn't worried about (insert pinball company here). Anyone in business, no matter how much of a juggernaut they are, are worried about their competition. If you're not worried then you're setting yourself up for failure or to be taken over some day!

Look at Stern and JJP, both companies are around today only due to investors coming in and saving them. The companies Jack and Gary built/ran are no longer theirs. Does anyone think Stern isn't concerned over JJP or at a minimum looks at what JJP is producing and learns from it? When another pinball company pops up one would think Stern and JJP both are looking into said company and learning what they can about them.

Wasn't long ago Stern was the only pinball manufacturer in the world and now we have at least a half dozen. Sure those other companies don't put out several machines a year or even every other year but add up the number of machines released by all of the boutique companies and that is all lost revenue for Stern.

The day will come when this hobby of ours plateaus and sales aren't what they use to be. We will see companies go under or merge with other companies!

On a side note, people say JJP is behind Stern as the second pinball manufacturer ..... can we really say this when American Pinball was established in 2015 and has released 3 games when JJP was established in 2011 and has released 5 games? Some will argue that AP's games aren't up to the level of Stern or JJP so they're still a boutique but how many games has Stern released where we were all like .... yeah I'll pass?

Quoted from cscmtp:

Integration is over rated if the pin isn't fun to shoot (Hobbit)

I own Hobbit and would've agreed with you before JJP released the last software update. I often thought about selling it but I bought the title more for my kids so I hung onto it. In short ... give it another try but make sure the game you're playing has the latest software.

#2022 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Rumor has it that the CE will include signatures of the band members... that has never been done before.

First question would be .... what band member's signatures? The original or is it going to be like KISS where you get the replacements?

Speaking of KISS, it may be a grey area but there was the "Special KISS" version that had the signatures. However, it was only available through the KISS site if I recall correctly.

#2397 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

What is the concern of announcing the new pin right now? This way people can have more time to sell all of their possessions to be ready to order!

The concern is .... not having the game ready to ship. JJP has only 5 games under their belt and they were never released when expected. I give JJP credit for holding off announcing anything till they're ready to ship. Let's face it, if JJP announced today that it was the GnR pin tomorrow people would be complaining that they haven't showed pictures yet. In the end once JJP does make the announcement it will take less then 2 min for th epost "whats JJP next game"

#2475 3 years ago

Received email from Joe at PinballStar that announcement is in October.

1 week later
#2717 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Lloyd.
Why dont I see Jack in this picture?
Where's Jersey Jack?

He's in NJ

#2771 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Is the writing on his shirt blurred on purpose or is it just me

Appears to be a FOUNDERS (Brewery) sweatshirt

#2804 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

You cant make a GNR without a gun right

Well ...... technically speaking Guns, Tracii that is, hasn't been a part of the band since 1985. If I recall correctly Traci and Axel merged their two bands together thus the name Guns & Roses but Tracii left the band not even two months later and went onto L.A. Guns. So GnR has done without Guns why can't.....

(disclaimer: I had too much free time when writing this ..... yes!)

#2866 3 years ago

It's official reveal date is the 5th of October

#2872 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Record number of new posts coming up on Monday.
Good job Eric and JJP !

What's the over/under on how long it takes for a new post "What's JJP's next game and when is it coming out" to be put up?

#2874 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Within one hour once the reveal happens.

Oh Lloyd you're too kind .... I give it 5 min.

#3147 3 years ago

Wondering how many LE versions there will be? Not being negative but if this machine takes off will we see another LE process like WoZ? I can already see a Use Your Illusion I and II LE versions!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meSz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=meSz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.