501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#708 3 years ago
Quoted from JamCat:

Some are misunderstanding me on the linear aspect. Each of the golden tickets would be structured like the 5 movies in POTC so you could play any of them and stack the multiballs etc. I’m just saying that each ticket could have modes and multiballs that correspond to each kid to give a variety of experiences and a framework to make the callouts and movie scenes more cohesive.
However, you are correct that the game is not bad as is. I enjoy playing it once in awhile on location but it doesn’t give me any connection to the film or that, “have to have it” feeling. I still feel a little letdown. The good news is that JJP makes plenty of other amazing games that I will collect up over time.

I like the way the game shoots, but code is tough. It’s not at all intuitive what to shoot for, not clear how to collect golden tickets or start some modes. Could have been a lot better, like you said, more like potc. I’ve had the game about a year, still haven’t fully figured it out.

#733 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Have you watched my tutorial video on YouTube? Like many JJPs, it's not that confusing once you get it - it's a bunch of simple things all stitched together with some strategy.

I haven’t, but would like to...link?

1 month later
#1019 3 years ago

I’m a huge fan of JJP games, but I’m really struggling to understand what’s been happening there. Other manufacturers all are getting games out, but not JJP. I understand the move may have slowed them, but that’s not good planning as they should not have shut the Lakewood facility until the Elk Grove facility was active. All these job postings I see makes me wonder just how far off track things are. I’m a buyer of GnR, if that is next, but it’s pretty disappointing to have no updates at all, just pics of wonka. Revenue must be way down at this point.

#1021 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Well yeah, hind sight is 20-20.
How the hell can you plan for the country being shut down 3 weeks after you start the move ?
Everything you were counting on. Assembly line, walls, wiring, office furniture, waste baskets, heat, air, everything imaginable you need. Can be delayed beyond belief.
Not to mention a steady supply line of all the parts you need to make 500 or 1,000 games and keep the line moving.
Other manufacturers have their hands full too. Behind the scenes things you don't know about.
LTG : )

Other manufacturers seems to be functioning and dealing with similar issues to varying degrees. I have no doubt there are challenges (many I am unaware of like you said), but what was the plan when they started the move? Was GnR getting ready for production? Are we three months out, 6 months out? Maybe I shouldn’t even care...but I do. Like I said, I’m a buyer, but I also need to plan space and cash so some info on timing would be helpful.

#1023 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Such a foolish company. How could you Not have an assumed Global Pandemic 3 month World wide shut down in your business plan? Lol. Here’s hoping the Next world catastrophe they are Ready. Routed social networking games are in high demand now and they are missing the massive line of buyers!

That isn’t the point and you know it. It’s been 5 months since this started, other manufacturers have produced games, albeit slowly. Even if there wasn’t a pandemic, did they plan to just shut down Lakewood and move to Elk Grove without Elk Grove not running at all, just an empty warehouse. I have no idea what’s going on, that’s why I’m asking and what this thread is about.

#1049 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah JJP has been radio silent when it comes to game code updates. A new JJP game code update hasn't been released in 6+ months...That type of time gap between code releases is unusual for JJP. We know they have been working on WiFi updates for a while but there has to be something more there. I think JJP has been waiting to release code updates for multiple titles until whatever they are working on (new game, platform upgrade, etc) is complete.

Even Stern has been giving notice of upcoming code releases, something they never used to do. That kind of communication is very much appreciated and generates some goodwill. if there are code updates in the works at JJP, why not communicate that.

1 month later
#2713 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Nothing ever stays the same.
And this year has really mucked things up.
Give it time. Get past the virus problems. Jack is still an important part of the company. The man who made his dream come true.
When shows return and travel is safe. I'm sure he'll be doing what he does best. Revealing games. And talking all the changes at Jersey Jack Pinball and where it is headed in the future.
I for one am confident that great times are ahead for JJP !
LTG : )

We will miss being able to pick our game up at the factory and seeing Jack, was always one of the nice things about buying a jjp game. Did this for DI, POTC and Wonka. He invited us into his office for a bit when we picked up wonka. Really going to miss this part of it. Maybe we can get him to deliver GnR (or whatever the next game is) to us!

1 week later
#3143 3 years ago

where/how are they revealing the game? Via Twitch?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 11,000.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.