501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#103 3 years ago

I have to say I can agree with Kaneda’s wonka turn. The game is gorgeous and has the play field, but the code was off. Seriously a lack of clips. Woz set a standard that we all expected wonka to imitate and it just didn’t. Worst was knowing they had full assets but decided against using them like they did in woz or hobbit. I can totally see how he first played it, got excited with expecting a woz like experience, and then it going a totally different direction.

Now that said, I can also agree with Derek that odds are if he would have stuck with his wonka purchase, he probably would have loved the game. You have to give these games a real chance to really make a decision.

#151 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I will never understand the importance some people put on this.
Do you want to watch the movie, or play pinball?
Most WOZ clips don't have synced audio either, yet nobody seems to bitch about that.

I can understand some people not caring, but many do including myself. If potc has full assets I would own one. It’s still an awesome game, but fell short in that department for many. Same with JP, great game but people hoped for video. I’m a little disappointed with tmnt not using actual show footage like bm66 did. Doesn’t mean I won’t buy any of these games, but also makes it easier for me to pass on them sometimes too. Everyone is different.

My only problem I can’t figure out with wonka, was that they had the assets, but chose a minimal amount to use due to “getting repetitive “. Can you honestly understand that thinking? Seems like by using fewer clips, you would in turn see the same clip more often.

And don’t mistake my opinion for thinking any of these games are not any good. I actually really like all the ones I mentioned, but just saying assets are important, but can definitely be worked around. Wonka again though, they have all the assets and the game is lacking several key elements in the code.

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

In fact I'd go as far as saying the one clip that DOES have sound - Wonkavator MB - is super irritating to me now and I wish it were skippable.

Ha, That’s kinda how I got with Star Wars “hi I’m like skywalker I’m here to rescue you”, and I don’t even own the game. The only thing is that the alternative to the wonkavator clip would have been an animated clip that eventually gets just as repetitive. Everything gets repetitive, so again more clips the better to spread the repetitive ones out.

#169 3 years ago

I would also argue that the age of lcd screens have ruined people’s expectations for a new game. When the idea of lcd in pinball was discussed it was always the excitement of how real footage could now be used instead of dots. Woz set a high bar, hobbit blew it up. Ever since the expectations have probably lead to disappointment for many. JP did an absolute amazing job of recreation with animation and I ended up really appreciating that game even after an initial disappointment of lack of assets. I just think these companies need to fully commit one way or another with each game and not just use a few clips or call outs mixed with in house animation.

#276 3 years ago

I seriously love our hobbit but I can see how some don’t and that’s ok. The great thing about jjp games is the vast variety and different feel of each one, allowing many people to find one that they like. Can’t wait to see the next couple jjp games!!!

#300 3 years ago

It’s going to be tough deciding between my favorite franchise tmnt vs my favorite band gnr made by my favorite pinball company. Wish I could get both, but literally nothing I want to sell either to make room. First world problems during a global pandemic.

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

If that was an actual "teaser" JJP should fire their marketing person. All that video did was make it easier for someone to say my money is going to TMNT, which IMO doesn't offer much in the way of innovation.

I honestly disagree. Yeah it didn’t show anything in detail, but let’s be honest, when you think of who will innovate or wow you, you think of jjp first. What this video did was it made me pause. I was all in on tmnt, and I’ve been seriously excited to see it for a year or so, but gnr is my favorite band, and it was also long awaited. After seeing tmnt, not being blown away, yet still wanting one I was ready to order my premium. The video then hit, and I remember why I love jjp games more than others. With a huge gnr theme, and Eric designing it, I can’t help but want to see it before deciding between the two. So, yeah, it worked and I thought it was simple, yet great.

#407 3 years ago

This bttf hope is not worth your time. Kaneda’s already seen the long rumored gnr game. The amount of amperage to power a seriously big concert is the hint. Bttf from jjp would be epic though. Can’t wait to see gnr hopefully soon.

#438 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Kaneda reporting the innovation is a Bose sound system. Let’s hope that’s not the case as that would be ridiculously underwhelming.
The worst part......I think it’s true as it lines up with that recent teaser. The original GnR also said it was the loudest pinball game of its time.
I’ll hold off until I see it with my own eyes but at face vale- jjp marketing should hang their hand in shame if this is true

It will be more than just bose, but the Bose news is pretty sweet.

#501 3 years ago

Seriously, why is everyone jumping to conclusions that Bose is the only innovative thing coming? Who’s the designer? Oh yeah, Eric. You think his only creative abilities are to upgrade the speakers? Seriously people.

4 weeks later
#742 3 years ago
Quoted from JamCat:

I mean have some actual flow to the elements of the theme, rather than putting them in a dice cup and dumping them out on the playfield and connecting them with random tasks. For instance, in the movie, each kid had a unique journey and side story on finding their golden ticket and also had their own unique experience within the factory. Each golden ticket could have been associated with one of the five kids and the modes, multiballs, and tasks associated with each ticket, could have focused on elements of that kid’s experience finding their ticket and their experience in the factory. That would give a framework and “formula” to put the movie scenes and callouts into context, without them seeming random and like a slot machine. Then you could have sound in the movie clips, since they would match what you were playing for at the time they were shown. Theme integration like that would have led to better mechs as well, such as a pipe ball lock, Eggdicator, or gum dispenser, rather than just a spinning gobstopper.
But instead the kids were tied into one sideshow multiball associated with the same golden ticket. Then some generic gobstopper jackpots for another ticket, and the one random gumball ticket that you just get out of thin air after playing long enough. It’s just so random that I can see why people complain about the monotony of the callouts and random showing of movie scenes with no sound. There is no framework to guide the callouts and movie scenes so they can’t polish the code to make it better.
It’s not a bad game as it is, if you don’t think about the movie, but it could have been so much better that I don’t want to own it. Those that do like it, probably don’t have an attachment to the movie like some of us do, is my guess.

I would have probably bought this game!

3 weeks later
#892 3 years ago

“Special version of game on sale today”? WTH where is it then

Fake news

4 weeks later
#1275 3 years ago

I want both either way regardless which one is first. Just get something out for us jjp.

1 week later
#1591 3 years ago

You guys are hilarious! So you guys had interest in these rumored titles for over a year now, but because jjp doesn’t deliver on exactly your timetable, your no longer interested? Sure stern has delivered better games lately, but I’d wager you’ll all be coming back once you see the next two jjp games. Jjp doesn’t need 4 mediocre to good games per year. They only need 1-2 killer titles every 12-16 months. I’ve been tempted to consider a tmnt or JP2 but when I see the quality issues, and bom, I’ll take quality over quantity every time, and I can’t wait to see both gnr and TS. Check that....I can wait.

#1601 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Do tell us just what is the time table

Be honest. Don’t you think we would have seen gnr by now if not for Covid combined with the move. I’m excited and anxious too, but for guys to say jjp is in trouble, doomed, missed the boat, totally screwed and so on is really ridiculous. They have a billionaire owner with a passion for the business/hobby. Billionaire with a B! How exactly are they in trouble again? Do tell.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1623 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Just because a Billionaire owns the company doesn't mean he's gonna suck it up and take a loss, quite the contrary. I don't think JJP will fold anytime soon and when they do release TS or GnR as usual many nay sayers will jump all over it if its great. The issue is their methods right now, I mean give ur customers something tangible that will buy some time, If you think the Avengers pin isn't going to take profits away then ur living a dream world.

The owner is quoted on a podcast talking about how jjp has been making money for sometime already. The factory is busy turning out wonka, do production is happening.

As far as everyone always trying to say every stern is money out of their pocket, well, they aren’t releasing 4 pins a year, so why is every new stern the “opportunity “ for jjp to release. If jjp doesn’t take advantage of the “opportunity “ during ST, tmnt, avengers, then it will be the next stern title that has to deal with it. What’s the difference? If jjp puts out a quality product that people want, it won’t matter what game stern has or what time it’s released as long as factory is staying busy.

#1626 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The factory being busy has nothing to do with JJP making money. Those Wonka they’re building - they have to actually be bought by people to make a difference and if you think Wonka’s are flying off the shelf, I have a bridge I can sell you too!

Correct about the wonka. However if you actually listen to the owner, he clearly states that the business has been profitable for sometime now. Pretty sure jjp is doing just fine and obviously doesn’t feel the need to rush out the next game just because a bunch of Pinside outsiders are all knowing of their business. If the wonkas weren’t selling, they would have quickly changed up to the next game.

#1629 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The owner said they’re doing well? Really?
Of course the owner is going to say that. In fact he should be fired if he didn’t. This isn’t a public company where they need to report to the SEC. What else is he going to say?
As for wonka’s being made, they have parts that need to be put together but more importantly people that need to be trained. Talk to any distributor - wonka’s are not in high demand. Not even close. Although it’s kind of refreshing to actually think people could conclude JJP’s is doing really well and wonka’s are flying off the shelf.

I never said “really well”. I said profitable. Listen to him on the jjp podcast for yourself. As for wonkas not in high demand, probably true, but again if there was a huge problem not selling games, they would have sped up the release of gnr. Outsiders don’t know anything.

#1640 3 years ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

I just bought a Wonka and I love it....All you Wonka haters

But, but, but they said there isn’t any demand for wonka?!?

Glad all the Pinside gurus have better business sense than the Billionaire owners.

Ridiculous accusations and jumping to conclusions on this site. LMAO

#1642 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just finding this out now?

Lol No, but it’s insanity. Lmao
Makes me wonder how these billionaire owners ever had any success without these Pinside brain trust groups knowing and sharing exactly what the next move should always be for these business owners . SMH

1 week later
#1799 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have noticed something within the last few days. All the different sites I’m on from FB to Instagram JJP is posting the hell out of Wonka for sale ads. Does this mean something new in the line is coming?

I’d sooner think they have way too many wonkas leftover and demand is low. Time to release something else jjp. Don’t know what they’re waiting for

#1940 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Can’t wait for GNR to be released this month. It will be the game of the year.

I’m wondering if it will be this next week. There wasn’t a jjp podcast last weekend unless I missed something, so are they getting something ready or just run out of things to talk about? I really think we see it this month and I’ll be ordering immediately. Can’t wait!!

#2079 3 years ago

I would buy a potc if reissued at retail prices, but No way in hell I’d pay the huo asking prices these days. I’d rather have 2 other new pins than just one, and I love jjp and potc. 15k would get you a jjp le nib and a stern pro. Nope! Now, bring on gnr do I can place my order jjp.

#2089 3 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

On the Poorman's Pinball Podcast they said they have it on good authority that JJP will release their game on Friday (9/18) with games to be shipped that day.
Now I'm excited!

God I hope so

#2106 3 years ago

I wouldn’t pay over 10 for a potc. If they do eventually release another 500, the huo market drops drastically on potc. It would bring prices back to retail prices at least. If they release a special black pearl edition like a wozybr for 11.5, that would be tempting but still probably out. Just too much money for us average joes on one game.

#2368 3 years ago

October great, but I wonder why they said September was going to be a great month with lots of stuff, yet pretty much nothing this month. Oh well. Can’t wait for October now!

#2596 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

It's all about theme. JJP just can't seem to put it all together. They recycle (god knows why) and choose themes that are either irrelevant (pirates) or love/hate (gnr).

Didn’t wonka win best theme? I gotta say I love all of their themes with exception to DI, and even that one I like. Stern doesn’t hit every theme either. How relevant is munsters, Batman 66, black knight? They re-did themes like rehashed JP, rehashed tmnt, and rehashed Star Wars, avengers? Some themes are timeless and can be remade, and honestly most of them probably deserve a remake like potc, Star Wars, Jurassic park. It’s all personal choice, and I can’t wait to see gnr and toy story.

1 week later
#2749 3 years ago

Eric just posted “the calm before the storm “ on fb. Maybe this week?

#2751 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Must be referring to Eric's personal page. I didn't see that on JJP FB page.

Correct

#2889 3 years ago

I only wish wonka did have more of the iconic songs and scenes in it. It has some, but it could have had much more, and I would have bought one.

#2948 3 years ago

Have they ever said how many games can be made each week at the new factory compared to the jersey site?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=konghusker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.