501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#280 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I seriously love our hobbit but I can see how some don’t and that’s ok. The great thing about jjp games is the vast variety and different feel of each one, allowing many people to find one that they like. Can’t wait to see the next couple jjp games!!!

The coders try to make each game different on purpose. I like the Hobbit code as well. The multipliers make the strategy more interesting. Wonka only has bonuses for Wonka bars. That's it. But each game has some interesting stuff in it.

#296 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol. JJP needs to announce whatever they are going to announce and soon after putting out that teaser. If you put out that type of teaser announcement then something else needs to follow within a week, not weeks or months, otherwise the hype quickly wears off.
I'm hoping that the big announcement is online player profiles, online tournaments, leaderboards, etc for all JJP games where results / stats can be viewed on a mobile app. That would be huge.

From being a beta tester for their internet updates, I am pretty sure the innovation announcement has nothing to do with the internet. It is likely the next pin reveal, or some new gizmo or gadget in the next pin. Especially when Eric was the one that said something like if you think internet updates is innovation, hold on to your hats. I am just speculating with the rest of you.

#422 3 years ago

Looks like it will have some serious sound/music amps!

#425 3 years ago

It's Charlie Watts birthday ... posted today on Facebook by Slash. Birthday was yesterday.

(Drummer for Rolling Stones)

#463 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Could this potentially be their lowest cost offering yet?
I would think music themed machines would be lower in licensing compared to all the Hollywood movies stuff. Beatles being the outlier with licensing.

I heard a rumor (for what it's worth) that Slash gave them the license very cheap or free so that they could put more into the game. I don't know if that's true or not, but he does love pinball.

2 months later
#1056 3 years ago

Maybe JJP has to wait for the new GNR album to be released first?

#1061 3 years ago

JJP just posted a video of Wonka on one of the lines in production at the new facility.

#1123 3 years ago

It could be that the art from the new album along with a song or two from the new album will be in the new GNR pin. Their hands might be tied until the new album is released because of licensing restrictions. It's a possibility.

1 week later
#1374 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Since that Walk In thread rumor got so much traction and attention I'll start a new one from my neighbor that knows a guy with a pinball machine that JJP is actually delayed as they Actually decided to blow your minds and release Both GnR and TS at the same time and swallow the Q4 market! You heard it here, made up just minutes ago!

Well there's 2 complete production lines now ...

#1603 3 years ago

The same people complaining about JJP showing prototype pins in advance (and that JJP should wait until it's ready to ship before reveal) are complaining that they want to know/see what JJP has coming up soon. Keith's "Unacceptable" avatar is right on.

Rumors are saying that something will happen this week. We'll see. Patience is tough when you really want to know.

#1606 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I was a test operator for 19 years. I've learned to not get excited until it hits the floor.
Maybe this year is tougher with out shows so we can see what is new or get news on what companies are working on ?
LTG : )

True, we really miss the shows and the people and talking to the pinball "celebrities" like yourself.

#1747 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why not both?
With the new factory they should be able to run two games at once. You have to believe that both games are done and they are well underway with games 8 & 9. Releasing two games that appeal to different segments of the market would be awesome. I can’t imagine many buyers wanting both GnR and TS.

Quoted from meSz:

Speculating here but we know one line is currently making Wonka machines. So my thinking is .... one line will continue to make games already out and the other line will make the newest machine.

I heard directly from JJP that currently there is only 1 production line at the new facility. They are transitioning from Wonka to JJP #6 currently and finalizing the details for the assembly stations. We "should" see something soon. Like maybe even Eric doing cartwheels or David Lee Roth style jumps of some sort. (Last sentence is speculation.)

#1762 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I hope Topper will be included !

Someone that supposedly seen the topper says that it's really good. We will see ... hopefully it's not just for the CE only if it is a good one.

#1770 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Did that someone say that the theme of the topper was? Because they would be a big help!

Can't say. Just that it is a good one in his opinion and to watch for it. I'm skeptical though as topper opinions are more subjective than what pins are the best. I like the toppers that have interactive features with the game. If they don't have that, then the topper itself would get knocked down 2 rating points out of 10 for me (hypothetically speaking - not the pin rating). Flat etched plastic for a topper is not that great for me either. We will see ...

#2164 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And people wonder why companies never post here.
LTG : (

For the most part, distributors now too. I think that they probably got tired of all the keyboard experts and don't want to get into argumentative exchanges too. You hardly see them posting also.

#2166 3 years ago

As far as JJPOTC, my wife and I followed it from the start. Made special trips all the way to Chicago to play the prototype at Level 257 and even played a few games with Eric there. We were sold then. Played it at shows and then we were the first non-jjp employees to play the first one off of the production line in NJ with Jack on our anniversary. We were addicted to it then.

People need time/plays on the pins before they should give it a final judgment. Hopefully they will give JJP #6 some plays before they judge it. Streaming games gives some general ideas, but playing it several times will help to determine if it is ownership worthy. We just need the new pins to get to locations quickly and for locations to be open. There's lots of new pins out there to play and try out with more to choose from soon.

#2357 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Thought they may have tried to get ahead of the Deeproot reveal.

It's going to be the "Here ... hold my beer!" approach after the others reveal. You know how Eric loves beer.

#2581 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So point is, JJP should make a statement about keeping up the code this round to sway us on the fence

Pat L. did make a statement last year. All new games going forward will have "completed" code that may get additional bells and whistles as updates. Meaning more light shows, call outs, animations, etc could still follow, but the core game code will be there.

This is likely why JJPOTC has been on hold to complete the code before release on next titles. Keith will get to it. I'm just wild guessing that he is the lead programmer on JJP #6 and that takes extra time. If he's not the lead on JJP #7, we might see something for JJPOTC once the JJP #6 needs die down. Just speculations.

1 week later
#2973 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'm still digging the shot from the left flipper all the way up through the right top lane! But now I see it goes to some kind of mech. Another way up to the upper PF?

Upper right flipper bank shot off of the sling with a switch to the center lane up top for super skill shot?

#2976 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Lording over your subjects...

Blocking something that's behind him from being in the photo.

#3080 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Here's hoping the reveal is at Midnight Chicago Time tonight. Technically Oct 5th at 12:00 am.
About the time band hits stage anyway.

Most (if not all) of the JJP teaser posts were at 1pm (EST). I would expect the same tomorrow. Build that anticipation all morning. People checking for it every 15 minutes.

#3357 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

what about the games from the dev site in Chicago

Hey ... leave those alone. They still have to finish some code and do game enhancements

1 week later
#3430 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

The claw machine for sure

The unsubstantiated rumor I heard is that it's in there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11,000.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=kingbw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.