501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think everyone knows I’m big into tmnt and I absolutely love GnR.

That's disturbing.

Quoted from romulusx:

Move along troll

Ah the JJP one man police force has spoken. Not allowed to critique in a JJP thread.

What a joke.

TMNT and GnR, Hot Wheels. Man talk about lame, and not sure what Spooky is doing but they haven't made a good pin yet as far as I'm concerned.

These are called opinions, and we are free to make them. How dare anyone tells someone else to leave a thread because there opinion doesn't coincide with their own.

#374 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’m 55 and I love my Wonka pinball machine,I wish I was one of the badass cool guys.

I love these comments. If u say a kiddie type theme is kiddie ur a "badass cool guy".
Don't like DI's lame characters and sparkly cell phone ur a "badass cool guy"
that's weak, last week.
Soy boy mentality at its best.
I agree Maiden isn't for everybody, but neither is Wonka. U know this could be why people have trouble with the JJP fanboys. U can't say anything. They are like the feminists of the pinball world. Watch, I'll be deemed a troll for my opinion. I just want to see this "innovation" and excited to see GnR pics/videos.

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

When the ahole Canadian comes in here and calls anyone who likes Wonka a 12 year old child I guess I do respond that way.As far your opinion I don’t give a shit your just come here to criticize anyone that likes JJP

Wow, u really need some help.

Quoted from Palmer:

Soy boy, feminists of the pinball world...I don't even know where to start.

How about looking in the mirror.

Quoted from Palmer:

Plus your hatred for anyone that is a fan of JJP

The comment that proves my point. Never said that.

So its ok to hate themes unless its JJP? U guys are the best. Keep saying trolls to everyone who has any issue with JJP and u simply strengthen my views. I mean fuck face above used the Canadian card.

What a joke.

#393 3 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

But the banter is the only thing keeping the thread going, and is better than rehashing JJP’s continued crappy introductions. And by introductions I mean teasing, launching and actually shipping the game.

Hey Romulus its another troll. Get him.

Ur quite right sir, in fact this whole site is mostly based on and fun due to the banter. I love it.

#411 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

No just you. If the shoe fits...

That shoe doesn't fit. U cut off the rest of what I said. Nice try.

#412 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Uh no he has a rational opinion,yours is based on stupidity!

Well I can't argue with that. Its tough to make any kind of comment regarding upcoming games and how one person loves something and another has no time. Vs threads. "a dark day for stern" remember that? its all stupid. Its a giant toy for giant kids. The last thing I want to be is rational. I'd like to hear this announcement and see GnR. This is all a bonus, and I likey.

#581 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

stoned and fat and wealthy and sittin' in the bowl.

I was close to this the other day. Way too much steak and cheesecake and J Walker Black, I made it but it was close.

#585 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You just need to try harder!

U want me dead don't ya?
Sorry but u couldn't kill me with silver bullets and a wooden stake.

#602 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That was a great movie to a 13 year old me.

What is it?

#611 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A Boy and His Dog

Very Strange.
Never heard of this before.

#614 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

but as video stores started opening up in the early 80s, it became common on display as a rental. That is where I first saw it and watched it. Lots of political uncorrectness in that one.

That's what is strange, I was part of the opening and rented many great under the radar classics but never ever saw this title. Ah well, I'm going to have to look into it.

#618 3 years ago

Ah sweet Beta,
I'm very old.
With the balls to prove it.

#640 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Jennifer was a goddess!

Yep
She was so much better, a little thick, large breasted and young. Actually I'd love her older, a little thick, large.....u know.

3 weeks later
#737 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Guns n Roses, Batman Forever, WWF Royal Rumble (worse than Sterns, if you can imagine it).

A spectacularly stupid comment Sir.

#743 3 years ago

Its not a great pin but it isn't crap. I like GnR the least and Batman the most of the 3 but none of them are crap.

2 weeks later
#797 3 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I have no doubt that TMNT is great fun to play but just look at that work of art next to it.

That's a work of art? It looks like a coat rack with painted slabs of beef hanging off.
All I can think of is how much better the TMNT layout would be if it was Fathom 2. With that classic art style and creepy ambiance. I much prefer modern gameplay but 100% prefer that Fathom era when it come to art and theme.

#826 3 years ago

Is it?
because u can deal with it doesn't mean its a loss for those who can't. There's no loss when u don't want it in the first place.

#831 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

It's a loss for those who refuse to learn the theme. If you learn it, it's at least bearable.

To play, yeah I agree 100% its a great game but I'll never buy it.

#835 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What’s fuckin crazy is there’s not one leaked picture!!!!!

Why not just release a few pictures even of an unpopulated playfield at this point. Maybe there's licensing stuff going on.

#838 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

do you think they would begin to make an appreciable hit to Stern's market share? If Dialed in was $6099, I'd be buying one of those over TMNT or JP for sure.

Yeah but it wouldn't be the same game anymore, a stripped down DI however they make the cuts to achieve that Stern Pro price point might not be as enticing. Also have u played a TNMT or JP2? I have no interest in either really due to theme or DI for that matter but what exactly separates the 2 in ur estimation?

#840 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Trap door down and reliability game is up!

No idea what that means.

#851 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I'd be fine with a DI that maybe didn't have the holographic part of the movie theater, and I don't need the working drones. I am not sure how much else I would give up though. The shots need to stay the same.

That's fine but it doesn't answer my question. Don't care anymore anyway.

#852 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Watching the game do clever stuff with the ball is a big highlight of pinball for me.

How long does that last before it becomes nothing more than a nuisance and a time waster? For me not very long. I'll take another spinner or magnets or something that manipulates the ball on the fly any day.

#864 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Gee, do I need to worry now that if I don‘t give a good response you won‘t care about it anymore?

I do reckon, though, that should taking care of pins becomes a nuisance and waste of time, I‘ll need to reevaluate my choice of hobbies. Not there yet.

Wow.
Where did I say taking care of pin is a nuisance or waste of time?
Does haven't to be a good response, but it should at least make sense. If it doesn't make sense, yeah I don't care anymore.
I think ur translator from German to English is on the fritz sir. Fritz?

Search Results
Web results

Fritz - Wikipediaen.wikipedia.org › wiki › Fritz
Fritz originated as a German nickname for Friedrich, or Frederick as well as for similar names including Fridolin. Fritz was also a name given to German troops ...

I thought so.
Just kidding.

#865 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Did JJP just calmly make an official announcement?

No its an old picture and they are wishing him well. Well all know what the next JJP title is.

#870 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

So you don‘t like Thing coming out in TAF, I guess.

No sir.
I liked it the first 50 times it happened, then it got boring. If it doesn't give me something to shoot for the effect wears off kinda fast. Physical ball locks is the same thing, I prefer a more non stop style. That's me, if u love "Thing" now as much as when u first saw it happen, hey that's nothing but great. The whole point was................. who cares anyway.

#881 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

wgat dirs tgat

I think its Klingon for Friday Night.

#907 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Ken Cromwell on the JJP Podcast says they have games on the line at the new factory...no GNR until they are ready to ship.

Well that's just stupid. Whats the advantage to not letting people see at least the PF art?

#912 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Because half of Pinside will spend most of their days finding some way to bitch about it?

That's gonna happen regardless not to mention its fun to bitch about stuff. I just wanna see it.

#936 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

almost zero chance they shipped NIB games from Jersey to Chicago

What, How else would they get them there? Or r u assuming they don't have any games built and in stock at the factory in Jersey that aren't pre-ordered?

#938 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Stern claims every game they build is "sold" which means a distributor is taking delivery in some way.

Yeah I bet they have a large stock of pins in the building, sold and waiting? Maybe but regardless..........
I think it might be time to absolve this thread. Once we start talking about this stuff better it dies and is reborn with "first look at GnR" threads. I'm done anyway.

#967 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That was the plan. Things changed in NJ. Change in ownership. The time lost flying people from Chicago to NJ and back every time something came up. Etc. Etc.

Then the decision was made to move all under one roof in Chicago. So designers and engineers can step onto the factory floor and deal with things instead of hopping on a plane.

So start the move. Then a huge unforseen like COVID appears and shuts down literally everything you need. People, setting up the factory, keeping a steady supply of parts to assemble games, etc. etc.

They are working hard towards their goal to make games and make more than one a year. In the most trying times the industry has ever faced.

The factory is moving along. They are hiring more people. I don't know how long this will all take in these crazy times. I am confident they will be successful in their plans.

LTG : )

Any idea on why they can't show some pictures at least?

#969 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I bet when the recent shipment reaches down under.

U think there were GnR's on that shipment? I don't

#971 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea.

When they are ready I'd imagine.

LTG : )

Sorry I thought u worked there.

#1005 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

What company has ever been rewarded on pinside for showing pictures before the game is ready to release?

That's a great reason. Lets not show any pictures and create some excitement, lets not possibly get some pinsiders to wait on buying something else cause they just fell in love with the look of GnR. Come on man.

#1050 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

JJP moved to a new factory during the worst pandemic to hit the US in 100 years. Those two items affect game development and production. Also, JJP games take significantly longer to complete then say Stern games as there's far more that goes into them (features, toys, code, etc). With JJP now being backed by a family that has a passion for pinball they may not care about rushing out a new game but rather making sure they get it right.

That's nothing but excuses. Of course expect some delays, but not one picture yet or sneak peak of a feature? Just a 3 month teaser vid
Now I agree JJP games have much more going on but if Stern made a pin with all that going on it wouldn't take any longer than any of there other games.

#1121 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Does it make sense that JJP was balls out on GnR and cannot release because GnR is waiting to release new album

No.

#1124 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

It could be that the art from the new album along with a song or two from the new album will be in the new GNR pin. Their hands might be tied until the new album is released because of licensing restrictions. It's a possibility.

If that is the case or its art that needs to be approved etc. How about letting people know. I don't think its that anyway. They know GnR is for us old timers that grew up with the 80's 90's stuff, what if the new album sucks? Did anyone actually like Chinese Democracy? I thought it stunk and its doubtful they are gonna put out a classic at this point. All I need is Appetite and Illusion.

#1157 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

If all you see different on a JJP game is "a couple coils", you should probably just stick to buying cheaper Sterns. And I am saying this as someome who really only has liked 1 JJP game so far...not some JJP fanboy.

I agree but heres the problem. That extra cost doesn't automatically mean its more fun to play. If it was I could see it and for alot of people I'm sure it is. I think JJP needs to downsize, concentrate on more streamlined game and have a model that can compete with the Stern Pro. I mean if they are making good money doing what they are doing then great, continue on. I wonder what POTC would look like if they had to make it with the Stern Pro budget? (take it easy fanboys just a thought) Obviously not as loaded but I think I would still enjoy it. I would prefer it with the rocking ship and canon. I like shot but don't any spinning pirates or colored lights and all that. Ah who cares.

#1176 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:If JJP made Pirates like a Stern Pro you can say goodbye to the large moving Pirate ship toy and say hello to a stationary chunk of metal with some cheap flat plastics attached to it representing the ship.

R u saying then it would cost the same as a Stern Pro cause I would have bought one without that ship. I don't like upper PF's, I don't need full color changing RGB or toys on the PF. I would like to see one model of the JJP games equal in price to the Stern Pro. That's all I'm saying and who knows that could be on the horizon.

#1178 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just buy another Stern.Problem solved,everybody’s happy!

I agree but there's no problem. What problem is it for me if JJP doesn't try to appeal to that individual who can't afford the high end stuff. I can, if JJP releases a pin with a theme I really like I'll buy it. It was simply a thought and I knew it would be misconstrued by really either u or Panzer but thats par for the course on any JJP thread.

#1205 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'm in it for the fun. Stern wins.

You r correct sir.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's a reason almost all Stern games are so fast paced...there's not a lot in a majority of them.

Exactly and they are more fun as a result. U old timers just can't handle the speed.

#1212 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm not paying $6k - $9k+ for a couple ramps, 2 orbits, and a single toy.

That's just what an old timer would say.
I get it but I never look at it via "bill of materials" with in reason of course, if I try it and like the game play I might buy it. Toys interactive or not mean nothing if the overall experience isn't there.

#1213 3 years ago

Why? You seem having bought this elvira out of spite.

Maybe he wanted a new pin to play didn't want to wait anymore. Spite? that's just stupid.

#1235 3 years ago

Money is not perishable or highly flammable in the wallet.

Wow are u naive. Its hard to keep money saved for a lot of people. Its also hard to want a new pin to play and have to wait with no info on release. What r u talking about?

#1292 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Let me just remind JJP that GnR was the most profitable touring band in 2016 2017 and 2018.

Considering the lame state of music that makes sense. Are there even "touring bands" anymore. Seems to be all HipHop and computer generated real shitty pop music. Rockin

I think maybe they are in trouble with GnR because of the wait and general lack of enthusiasm as a result so lets push out a PL pin with a more universal theme right now. Its just disappointing, I may knock JJP because of theme's but that's mostly cause I know they make a better game in terms of stuff and quality and it sucks that the next pin from them isn't Predator or something Sci Fi with an edge. Damn.

#1293 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Live PD canceled

That sucks.

#1330 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Can appreciate JJP wanting to protect their image,

From what? GnR is not a political band. They lived a RnR lifestyle because and this is a shocker, they are a RnR band. Unless I'm unaware of some ideology the band holds that mind offend what is the issue?

#1348 3 years ago

Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

If it’s Zep, I think it takes more GnR $ off the table for JJP

This could be the reason for the possible change in theme if that's true. Zep doesn't take more GnR off the table, it pretty much kills it. I like GnR but they are no Led Zeppelin, JJP knows this and if its so they also no how it will impact sales. Zeppelin by Steve Ritchie? Come on now.

#1473 3 years ago

Stern this without JJP and JJP that without Stern is all crap but I will say I wouldn't be on pinside if it was only Stern or JJP. The JJP vs Stern fanboy and every moderate take in between is what makes this site fun and engaging. Otherwise is just fanboys sucking each others dicks and that can be tedious and quite disturbing in the literal sense. Look at this thread, how many posts over a 1 min long teaser almost a year old. I love it.

#1475 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:A year old? Does Pinside calculate in dog years now? Seems like only 3 months.

Oh yeah. I though I had read it will a be year in Oct. I guess it was a different thread. Maybe that's when they announced GnR? 3 months is still 2 long.

#1494 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t feel the need to bash Stern.

I can'e believe u said that and then Skyemont agree's

jesus_laughable (resized).jpgjesus_laughable (resized).jpg
#1496 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It’s laughable,because you and a few well known others continue to do it.I don’t understand why you do it,does Stern give you a discount on their games?

That's what I expected. Its laughable cause u and Skye both have some serious Stern hate, I don't give a shit about Stern. I'll buy whatever appeals to me. U guys on the other hand police JJP threads like ur part owners of the company in disguise. Boring and tedious to say the least.

#1497 3 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

For crying out loud, when will people stop calling all animated films baby movies?

This is non baby animation.

Toy Story?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1499 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You avoid the ?

Its not a question cause I don't care about JJP or Stern. I bash Stern when they deserve it also. Stern makes themes, very few mind u but still ones i like and JJP does not. Thats the only reason I don't own a JJP game. Good day to u sir.
I said good day.

#1501 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

One day later:

Didn't say I didn't enjoy it. This is what keeps me coming back to this thread. I might disagree with romulous but thank sweet innocent baby jesus for him, and Skye and Panzer. This site would be so fuckin boring for me without them, I can't even fathom it.

#1506 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh ok I’m just gonna go home now.

Good.

#1530 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What the hell is it with these Canadians,I thought they were all happy open minded people?

We are but open minded doesn't mean we will agree with everything someone says.

#1532 3 years ago

Who exactly r u referring to, and what does it have to do with Pinball? Let alone Canadians

#1559 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

if Stern put out the advanced games that JJP does, they would not be doing 3-4 Pins a year. Trust me.

I would agree but not due to the advanced game but because of price. What do think would happen to Stern without the Pro model? I wonder what percentage of Sterns sold are Pro's? I bet most. I don't believe the demand would be there anymore for 3 games a year without the pro. JJP makes a high end premium product for a certain kind of collector and player and might reach 2 games a year. If they start really selling and the demand is there do really believe they wouldn't figure out a way to get 3 out a year. Supply and demand my friend. I have no idea but I wonder what a stripped JJP model that could compete with the Stern Pro price point would do for that company. How many pinsiders stay away from JJP just for cause of the price? Then there's theme choice, regardless of what certain fellas think I really want to buy a JJP machine but maybe time to break out of the kiddie stuff.

#1621 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

They have a billionaire owner with a passion for the business/hobby. Billionaire with a B! How exactly are they in trouble again? Do tell.

Just because a Billionaire owns the company doesn't mean he's gonna suck it up and take a loss, quite the contrary. I don't think JJP will fold anytime soon and when they do release TS or GnR as usual many nay sayers will jump all over it if its great. The issue is their methods right now, I mean give ur customers something tangible that will buy some time, If you think the Avengers pin isn't going to take profits away then ur living a dream world.

#1622 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I know the story, maybe I should get one of these. And my wife points out, "but it's a Stern". And my son says "but isn't JJP coming out with new games like Toy Story ? - you should wait". In the house of a pinhead, it is always important to have more rational points of view.

Not sure its a good thing when ur wife and child are more rational than u.

#1660 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

The owner is quoted on a podcast talking about how jjp has been making money for sometime already. The factory is busy turning out wonka, do production is happening.

I hope so. I don't want them to fail.

Quoted from konghusker:

As far as everyone always trying to say every stern is money out of their pocket, well, they aren’t releasing 4 pins a year, so why is every new stern the “opportunity “ for jjp to release.

I don't think anybody is saying that, I'm not cause I have no idea what u mean but in this instance I think it will impact the next release, not to the point that it puts them out of business, the wait for some has gotten ridiculous. Is that really hard to believe?

#1678 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

American Pinball and CGC are Sterns only real threat

R u out of tree sir. Stern doesn't have a threat right now although it would nice if they did. Might bring prices down a bit.

#1679 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’m always curious why you and a few others seem to be so hell bent on JJP loosing?

Isn't a case that you and a few others are hell bent on JJP dominating the industry? You know just because people critique JJP doesn't mean they want them to fail. I just don't understand how u can't see pinheads getting frustrated with the timelines, explain that to me? Even this comment will be deemed as hatred for the company, and I'm a Stern fan boy all that crap.

#1680 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

ust an idea, wouldnt it be cool if the new game reveal came via candy codes in wonka?

That sounds like the most uncool thing ever.
Sorry I couldn't resist.

#1694 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Maybe because you are the one who keeps bringing up the comparison of the two companies

Exactly.

Quoted from yancy:

"Build quality," maaan.

Is that a Bill Burr "maaan" ?

I never got the "Build Quality" thing either. Not saying JJP doesn't make a premium product but if its so great then how come they don't dominate. Again enlighten me.

Quoted from romulusx:

I think JJP fans feel Stern has the upper hand and weould like to see the better JJP be on top for alittle while!

See. "better JJP" Its not that Stern has the upper hand. JJP has zero chance of over throwing Stern at least for the foreseeable future. Sorry to be the one to let u know that but its just the way it is, again as per my previous comment above, If JJP is better then why aren't they on top. Could it be they are better to a much smaller minority of players than u can handle? thus all the horseshit. keep in mind it wouldn't matter to me if through some series of great releases they did get the upper hand. I buy what I like and never go by the manufacturer. Oh yeah.

#1697 3 years ago
Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

I actually love the art package on TMNT, makes me want to buy the game, but its missing that "something" to the game.

Yeah the theme sucks. What a great layout. Imagine it being Robocop or The Predator. Is it just me? I mean I kinda remember watching the cartoon but sweet Mary. I get it if u have kids and they love TMNT and the wife lets u buy it as a result, then u have a new pin to play, otherwise how and why? Don't hit me the too cool shit, that's not what I'm saying here. Who among us wouldn't prefer the next JJP machine to be lets say Terminator 1984 over Toy Story? Man would I like to see what JJP could with that.

you know this is why I can sympathize with the JJP fanboys to some degree. They want all pins to be in the caliber them deem superior, well u should try living in my shoes with only really 1 in every 10 or so pins being a theme I actually like. Its sucks. Then again I would be pretty destitute if all these companies were making pins with themes I dug. No that's I lie, I'll gladly eat rocks and sand for a JJP/Stern line up of good themes.

#1698 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

they may be in a position to compete with Stern

They need to have one model that's in the same price range as a Stern Pro. I really believe that would help.

#1737 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Posting Spree!!

Yeah I starting having some drinks pretty early on Friday.

#1777 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Except that you have not seen nor played one yet.

That doesn't matter.
If JJP releases "Tend to the Manure Pit" pinball machine. Where u shovel shit for big points and it releases a scent of manure from the backbox, it would be all about the innovation and "Build Quality".

#1791 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Could your "Manure Pit" actually be code for BTTF because Biff keeps landing in piles of manure?

I wish.

#1872 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

This is why Stern rushed Avengers to be sold and viewed.

What?

#1874 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

JJP comes out looking great if they announce and have in box

That ship has sailed.

#1880 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

You don't think these companies have an idea of what and when the others will release?

deeproot is literally around the corner, and JJP perhaps sooner than we think. Makes complete sense for Stern to step in front of them both, and lock down 500 LE's. Code on Avengers still needs polish, and them releasing it now, cuts a bit into TMNT sales.

So yes, to me...this seems rushed out the door a few weeks in advance

Its nice to think those companies are threat to Stern and I wish they were but they aren't. Stern isn't rushing anything out with any fear what so ever. Deeproot hasn't released anything yet, most buyers are very skeptical of any new company when it comes to pinball. JJP is a one game a year company. TMNT sales are over for early buyers then it becomes a waiting game for everyone else, for finished code or finance and how does it exactly hurt Stern if someone buys Avengers.

#1887 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Some people could care less how many games Stern releases per year. Modern Stern's come across as similar in regards to a majority don't contain many interactive features, they contain rather basic animations, there's a lack of detailed 3D molds (heavy use of flat plastics), all have some combination of dull filler "super" modes, and they often lack enough modes that offer great mode choreography. There are some exceptions but they are few and far between. JJP games on the other hand all feel extremely unique and come across as a spectacle. I'll take quality, depth, and variety over quantity any day...especially if I'm spending $7k - $9k+ on a pin of all things. JJP is driven by passion first, profit second while Stern is the opposite.

That has absolutely nothing to do with why I said "What".
Then again I'm quite used to u making any post into a apology for JJP weakness or Stern bashing or just general horseshit. So I'll use it here as well.
What?

#1890 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

and perhaps maybe deeproot wouldn't exist if not for the fact that BOTH companies have significant strengths,

Can u please name me a released Deeproot game. What strength's do they have? U know in this business its not irregular for a company to release a game or 2 then die.

#1892 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Stern would be stupid to ignore competitors. Look at how seriously Williams competed against Capcom with the whole theatre of magic rush production to thwart sales of pinball magic. Trying to target and outperform competitors is routine business: beat them or buy them. Avengers' production was fast, and I'd agree that it was probably too get quick sales before the market opens up. I'm betting Gary sells the company within the next year. The monopoly is going to disappear, and the cost cutting well has dried up.

Wow.

Stern doesn't have a competitor right now, stop with this shit. This isn't Stern army fanboy rederick either and for 2 reasons, I don't particularly enjoy Stern themes and thus stay away from most releases, 2nd, fuck them. Jesus H. there's American P and Spooky and JJP all around for years yet they haven't affected the Stern Juggernaut. Just the way it is and doubtful it will change anytime soon. I'm not saying they aren't aware of other manufactures or even release dates but I doubt its of any real concern.

#1897 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Sure those other companies don't put out several machines a year or even every other year but add up the number of machines released by all of the boutique companies and that is all lost revenue for Stern.

Lost revenue from other companies in the same field is impossible to avoid, there's no way to eliminate that without monopolizing the entire pinball market, what I'm saying is the boutique manufactures of which JJP is one doesn't affect Stern's business in anyway that would cause them concern. Here's the thing, I wish these companies would because competition will only result in better games all around.

#1899 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

There are millions of films in the world that exist. I like few of them. Same goes for pinball. Fantastic when products exist, but I'm not going to fawn over something if I just feel it's adequate. I also don't really even understand home ownership really, as a home owner.

R u ok?
I don't what to make of this. Maybe its time to lay off the drink or smoke or whatever ur doing.

#1901 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Let's be honest here, Hazoff is right, for the time being

I like that. Although be aware "time being" has been about 6yrs now.

#1904 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I spent my teens playing pinball at pizza shops.

4 me it was bowling alleys, poolhalls, arcades and it was great but I was a teenager, skipping cool, smoking hash that can't be my reality now. I buy for the house and love that as well. Playing these modern games loud and in the right lighting with much better rule sets, if ur feeling the need to play a game because u payed a lot of money for it, in other words forced then sell that game and get something new. Frankly at this age 45yrs and loving it, I don't want to go to a bar and smell food and hear dickheads talking around me, u can barely hear the pin and and I generally dislike people. Not saying I hate them but I feel better when there not around.

Quoted from wesman:

Playing on location feels rewarding when you have an amazing game, the opposite when you don't.

Again, I just don't what to make of this comment. U don't feel this playing at home?

#1905 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

You are right and thus the sooner or later comment. They are definitely heading in the right direction now and I believe getting away from "just family" tittles is also the right move as why limit your own sales by cutting out a huge part of the pinball buyers especially when their goal is to get to 2 to 3 tittles a year?

Well I hope u know I was saying that I've been nothing but right for 6yrs now, my time on pinside. GnR will most likely be made very "family friendly" and the other title is a kids movie so not sure where ur getting "moving away from just family titles" thing. As for "heading in the right direction" what exactly is that a teaser 3 months ago followed by nothing? Nobody wants to see JJP start making some pins with some adult themes more than me, seems like a waste of what is a great pinball manufacturer. Alien comes to mind, I know that dickhead from Britain fucked up the first try but get the IP and make a premium version of it, that's moving in the right direction. Think of the excitement from pinheads with an announcement of JJP #6 Alien.

#1913 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

JJP will and should take heed and realize they should never corner themselves into a smal box and just do family friendly titles. Oh and for all the fast typing grammar police out there.....Titties!

Well I think they should have known from the beginning that being in a "small box" was foolish. What was the reasoning 4 that I wonder, because if they released some more adult orientated themes people would stop buying the Family Friendly ones?

"Fawlty Titties"

#1925 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I never really felt there was anything fawlty with polly or her titles.
Allways found her kind of hot.

There's nothing "fawlty" about them and she is smokin hot. Man u Scandinavians are literal. The joke went right over ur head.
That means u didn't get the joke by the way not that it literally flew threw the air over ur head.

#1927 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

If pricing of a R&M was in the Pro pricing range

It should be less in my opinion, but yeah at least equal to a Stern pro.

#1930 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You all agree R&M was priced too high but it sold out in 2 hours and is selling for +$1K markup so people are willing to pay 60% more than a Stern Pro. Why exactly would Spooky sell it for less, the after market price and sell out instantly seems to show they could have even charged more.

Not that hard to sell out 500 with that theme.
I don't think they should sell it for less, its just at that price for what I see and in my personal opinion its not worth it. I do think R&M has some great modes, look forward to trying one out.

#1932 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It’s definitely not something I would say is worth $8500 on the face of it, but I wanted one and that’s what they cost.

Yep.
If Spooky makes something with a theme I love I'll pay it as well.

#1938 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This thread should be locked until there is real news.

39 pages of BS

Yeah but this is fun.
If threads were locked due to the lack of "real news" there wouldn't be any threads to post in at all. U know as well as I do its very easy to know when a real announcement is made. Sure this thread will explode but there will many others started that day. There's usually one small piece of news then 100's or 1000's of posts of pure crap, and I love it. Join in the fun or stay away.

#1944 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

You are correct it never ends but it is over 6 years now as the original ship date on the game was 2014 and they were still on the prepay model so money was spent on TH in 2013 "About Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc.
Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. was founded in 2011 with a passion to build premium, no-compromise pinball machines. Games built with passion and games that are fun to play which will become treasured for years to come. The first game that Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. is building is The Wizard of Oz Pinball Machine. The game is now in full production with more than 700 games shipped as of December 2013. More games are popping up in commercial locations and in home game rooms all around the world. The company is in development of The Hobbit Pinball machine which will ship late in 2014." https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Pat-Lawlor-Joins-the-Jersey-Jack-Pinball-Team-.html?soid=1104524641178&aid=wde6zQNu0lo

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thank goodness The Hobbit wasn't rushed out after its initial reveal, it was a mess. JJP took community feedback, redid the artwork, modified a shot on the playfield, and added more detail to molds. A few years later they again took community feedback and went and above and beyond with several game changing code updates. That's incredible.

Speaking of 2013 WOZ is still receiving code updates 7 years later.

JJP fanboys, God love em.

#1955 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

ridicule is just a sign of liking something

Maybe in Germany.

There's not one thing I ridicule because I secretly want to be part of it. I ridicule it because it should be ridiculed and enjoy the reaction. Nice Try.

#1956 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Not sure what Fanboy you are. You only have 1 pin.

I'm a fanboy of JJP fanboys, because of the ridiculous comments and apologetic nature of any failing's from JJP not too mention the policing of all comments that aren't 100% positive for JJP. It makes my time here so much more enjoyable. I have owned over the last decade about 120 pins from every manufacturer with the exception of JJP, I was in on the Hobbit and very excited about it, till I played it. For someone who doesn't own any pins to bring up my 1 pin, well that's just ridiculous and I often go from 7 or 8 to 1 and back again. Now lets get back to talking about how u are already aware that GnR is going to be "Game of the Year".

U guys make it too easy sometimes.

#1964 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Fanboys? I should point out You have more posts in this JJP thread

Oh is that what this is? I think after the first week it was no longer a JJP thread outside of title. There was 30 sec video that showed nothing with nothing to follow to date, I'm just having some fun here. Also wasn't aware a lot posts makes u you a fanboy. Another nice try but.........

#1965 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

JJP Fanboy president!

I would love that.

Quoted from Skyemont:

This is some good shit right here. LMAO

Yeah that was good, here let me continue with this high brow humor.

Women be shopping.
Take my wife? Please

Ur guys are the gift that just keeps giving.

#1967 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Don’t quit your day job.

Ah the Fanboys, Bright people as well.
Man that went right over ur head didn't it. Well we all get old there's no shame in that.

#1971 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I just made it available for you to see.

Why did u hide them?

#1972 3 years ago

It was effective. But not in the way the teaser intending. More genius at work here.

#1974 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

He didn't want to make you jealous.

With the exception of DI and WOZ I've owned all those games some more than once. This is getting good now, r u guys gonna try to take me down? It won't end well for you at all. But I'll have a blast.

#1977 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’m sure you’ve owned hundreds of games, now go play your Star Wars comic book edition .

Ouch.
This is gonna be tougher than I thought.

I figured after the confusion of ur last comment regarding my "humor" observation I better add the "Sarcasm" emoji.

#1979 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I can see your not taking my advice and playing your one lonely pinball machine,but I fortunately have 10 so I’ll see you later.I think I’ll play some DI and Wonka just for you.

U know sometimes u cross someone who's able to bring out another persons true colors. That someone is me. This is ur method? to try and make another pinsider feel bad about his 1 pin collection. I had 24 pins in my house at one point, sometimes 10, maybe 4 and what difference does that make? no matter how much I might have disagreed with another pinsider I would never have brought his "lonely" collection into it. What if thats all he could afford? I can buy whatever I want believe me. All u have done sir is prove what JJP fanboys are really about, this is why I love to be in these threads.

Did that go the way u thought?
Nope.
Good day to u sir, I said Good day.

#1982 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Have fun with mom jeans and kiddie themes!

That a boy.

#1986 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Probably Canadian too?

First a lack of pins compared to ur "huge" collection makes u better, now being American makes u better. Ur going down fast here. Maybe time to take a break?

I could crush that "Canadian too" comment especially right now with whats going on but I won't.

#1989 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

"Funny" how it's rarely the people who own or who seem interested in owning JJP machines are usually the ones making a fuss about how Jersey Jack hasn't released or teased anything, while us fans and owners are like, yeah, whatever, they'll release a new pin when it's ready, not concerned.

That is complete horseshit.

Quoted from VALIS666:

Nintendo vs. Sega

Sega

Quoted from VALIS666:

Atari vs. Intellivision

Atari but I always loved this Intellivision game

168984--mad-bomber (resized).png168984--mad-bomber (resized).png
#1991 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Settle down skippy!

Why?
This is fun.

#1994 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Fine, you say you have owned JJPs

No I didn't and I never have owned one. I want 2.

Quoted from VALIS666:

They moved all operations halfway across the country, they'll put out their next machine when they're ready. I'm in no rush to try and scrounge up $8-9K if it seems worthwhile.

Good. Never said anything to the effect that I care about how long it takes. I think they made the right decision to move, hope it works out well for them.

Quoted from VALIS666:

but there are plenty of people who drop by this thread (and other JJP ones) who have zero interest and are just starting shit.

I don't think its a case that they have zero interest, I can only speak for myself but I'm interested in seeing any new pinball machine.

Let me ask u this, why would care if people drop into JJP threads to start shit? you should embrace it and try to take them down.

#2010 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

posting rampage.

Its not a rampage, Its a spree. Damn Germans.

Remember I'm not only a JJP fanboy but I'm also the President.

JLM

Jersey Lives Matter

Wake up people. Oh yeah

#2014 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I put it on route. Only thing it’s good for.

Well we finally agree on something, but lets not break the pattern so I expect a downvote sir.

#2016 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

You know another way to think about this whole ordeal... JJP likes to KILL every game day one out of the box. Not a game with virtually no code and 100 code updates over the next 2 years.

U right that is another way to think about, like a complete moron. WTF r u talking about?

#2028 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes, JJP games are now $7500 - $9500 while Stern's that have half the features and half the code are $6k - $9k+...

U were just in another thread asking "what does JJP have to do with it" and yet here u are doing the same thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.