501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goronic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

WiFi code updates, JJP game notices, and messaging would be a great perk....these features would benefit both JJP and the end user. All others would be worthless to me, but there might be others that would enjoy head to head, rankings, game high scores, etc?

Also...for operators it would probably be nice to check audits, and get notifications of mechanical issues - or needs service.

For home use, having connectivity for code updates, scores, etc would be a nice improvement. Not sure what else WiFi could do - and maybe has nothing to do with their innovation announcement anyway. Also...maybe being able to turn on a news feed to get JJP news and pinball convention announcements/hype. You would be able to turn it off, but it may be cool to see the pin 'online' in that way.

The innovation is likely something really cool in GnR ...

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Oh please NO! Imagine advertising spamming your game screen. Would be like an app that makes you wait 10--20 seconds watching an advert so you can get an extra ball or for a few more points.

Not sure if they are going there or not, but I am confident that JJP will allow you to turn off things like that.

#199 3 years ago

Agree. Deeproot and JJP talking about and delivering tech is totally different.

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Hey that's cool, we all have our own tastes. Having owned both of Lawlor's JJP pins, for myself, I'd take Eric's game or any of Keith Elwin's games any day of the week but that's just me.

I like all the JJP pins. However, my second favorite of all of them is the hobbit. Guess my first?

Hint: the designer has an E in his first name

1 week later
#591 3 years ago

Sorry, it’s been so long....what are we supposed to be excited for? I forgot...

#623 3 years ago

Well this marketing attempt by JJP is a bit of a swing and a miss. We are in here talking about a movie from back in the 70 called a boy and his dog - and not your pinball machines...

I mean really, WTF!?!?

1 month later
#980 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

What company has ever been rewarded on pinside for showing pictures before the game is ready to release?

JJP's initial Hobbit PF images - it was night and day the revisions they made to that PF after initial reveal. And I think that helped with sales tremendously. Also, the VUK covers were hideous, and the Count Smaug / Mountain collar wasn't too good. Good idea, but not a good look. All corrected by JJP before the first production pin was built.

I am a fan of prototype reveals to the public before production. I have seem major corrections done, and even small corrections like misnamed dwarfs in Hobbit to spelling / font errors on others - all corrected by more eyes on the prototype.

#995 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I have a story to tell you about toys...

I would prefer toy story over gnr but who knows, gnr might be amazing

#1004 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

We still have looking ways to go until we beat Deeproot thread !

Not exactly the best group to be compared to. But yeah, JJP is no where near that bad...

#1112 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I think Strawman’s comment is still valid. In the years that Deeproot have been building up to something, they showed one game at a show last year, said most everything in the game was not what would be released, and hasn’t said much since.

I don't even consider Deeproot a pinball company. Until they give solid communication and delivering product I don't have any interest in them at all.

While JJP could do better with the followup on the tease, they certainly have a good history of building and delivering amazing pins!

2 weeks later
#1261 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Makes sense TS is also finished.
It was 2015 when it was first leaked.
Going to take a guess at the reason for the switch.
Pat wanted TS out first?

Sounds like there may be issues with the band license. Toy Story seems like it would be up next if there were 'issues' with GnR...I am excited to see whichever is next.

#1351 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Zep doesn't take more GnR off the table, it pretty much kills it. I like GnR but they are no Led Zeppelin

This is true as a band - but JJP pins are very interesting and quite the spectacle. Even though I much prefer Zep to GnR, but I would need to play both pins before I would buy.

#1422 3 years ago

Hearing about and seeing WOZ is what got me back into Pinball after not playing since college (20 years ago at that time). I then started looking for pins out in the wild. Then played TRON (my personal favorite Stern game), and found out about JJP making a second game (Hobbit). I placed a pre-order and still have it today.

So JJP is what got me back into pinball. Still really like the Sterns, but there is something special about the JJP machines that set them apart.

#1424 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Stern Star Wars was my first experimental toe in the pinball water, but JJP POTC is what cemented me firmly into the hobby. Now working on building the entire JJP set.

Agree - POTC is next on my radar, unless TS or GnR grabs me.

#1440 3 years ago

The lack of follow up on the hype trailer is a bit sad. I am a JJP fan and look forward to any news of new pins or products. But I keep watching Stern with new pins and announcements that build excitement and interest. I know JJP is hard at work on building new pins and products, but maybe they should spend a few moments to give some exciting news to keep the buying public engaged...

2 weeks later
#1996 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You got my vote! JJP needs a feisty club president!

I'm your Huckleberry

I think the hobbit is one of the best fucking pins ever made, and the fact that it isn't in the top 5 on Pinsides Top 100 makes it painfully obvious you bastards don't know what the hell you're talking about!

So, do I get the job?

#2002 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I’d rather have a 90’s B/W retread (aka my CGC MBrLe) than anything JJP has put out since WOZ. Not a build guilty issue, per se, but nothing JJP has done since then has ruffled my feathers (POTC being excluded due to its way to short production run). I had such high hopes on DI and Wonka, but sadly, old Universal classic monsters is a better theme than either of those polished turds. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still pinball, just not my kind of pinball fun.

I'll need to run a JJP fan boy test on you...

182135.gif182135.gif

I guess you're OK.

#2056 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

From what little I know, specialty parts ordering is often not just costly in getting those things made, but also a massive issue if demand isn't there, and parts have been over ordered. (Case in point, the Hobbit.)

Not sure your point. There are a ton of hobbit parts that are "out of stock".

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/The-Hobbit-Parts/

Are you saying they are overstocked on Hobbit parts? Because that is clearly not the case.

#2062 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

For a game that's been out from shipping for years, it still has more available than Pirates.
I've heard it was a surplus.
My point being, last thing any company wants to do is be overstocked on parts for games they don't plan to make anymore. From any number of interviews and tours of the old facility, I've always heard that was an ongoing thorn for JJP. Millions in parts that may or not be used, according to game demand. The reason why there was a Black Arrow, parts overflow, not demand.

I don't know if there is demand or not, or whatever. All I am saying is that they are out of stock on a lot of Hobbit parts, and don't have several that I want to buy. Take it for what you will.

Maybe if or when they build more pirates you will have more in stock - for a while anyway. Either way, I don't think JJP will keep lots of parts on hand for any of their pins. If they don't rerun pirates then the out of stock parts for pirates will be much like hobbit and stay out of stock. If they have a surplus that is news to me as I have called them and they don't have any.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2072 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

No, the reason given by Jack and reiterated by Keith in interviews was - the lack of demand. When JJP ceased production, demand continued and has since increased. Meanwhile, the supply of JJPOTC was fixed and now HUO‘s fetch $15k.
[quoted image]

This is my understanding as well. I am surprised they haven't made more while waiting to get GnR or Toy Story cranking. I guess they want to make more Wanka's and Woz's instead?

#2086 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Stern doesnt have a supply of games for sale. Supposedly every game they build is already "sold" to a distributor. The distributors are the warehouse. Stern takes orders from distributors, and when they have enough orders, they run another batch. There is nothing stopping distributors from keeping a stock of several different JJP games in the same manner.

My understanding is that Joe (and other JJP distributors) have been asking for JJP for more POTC for a while now. Not sure if he is hearing a reason why JJP won't make more.

Maybe Joe can chime in on it...

Like this whole thread, I don't know why JJP does what they do and why they don't build or stock things people want to buy.

But I don't know how to run a pinball company. However, I did start and own a successful software consulting company I sold 4 years ago to allow me to retire early I know how to build a software company, but not a pinball company.

So maybe JJP is doing the right things...at least I hope they are, and they have a reason for doing what they are doing.

My 2 cents would be to communicate better, and build more of what people are wanting to buy.

#2093 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I sold my POTC SE for 12K. It was/is a great game. I really enjoyed it. However, no game to me is worth that much. And it really takes effort to play. Meaning if I only have a half hour to play, I am not turning on POTC. I feel that way about pretty much every JJP game. They make great games...fit and finish is the best...sound animations are awesome....code is deep...themes, meh...always time consuming to play.
I doubt POTC gets made again. No way in hell will it be $9500 if it does. C'mon, we are talking JJP here guys.

Good points, but I think JJP would have to do pirates rerun at 10K or less or they won't move them in the numbers they would need to. If they are going to try to take advantage of a few willing to pay 12K for it they are probably wasting their time. 9.5 would probably sell well enough to make it worth while. If JJP has a pin where the BOM and build require it to be 12K they are losing the pin battle and are cost prohibitive to the consumer that have other options for product.

#2104 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I wonder how serious all the "moar POTC" people really are.
It would be interesting to set up a JJP kickstarter with one level: $12.5K. 500 spots.
Would there be enough people to fill that, willing to commit the money?
Maybe JJP would consider doing a run if someone walked up with $6.25M of pre-sold games.

I 'think' you have POTC buyers around 10K but not 12+K. That is the issue.

That is why, in my opinion, if JJP has to charge 12K they should not bother. I know for me I will not buy any pin that is more than 10K. I don't care what it is. There are just way to many pins that I would like that are well under 10K, and I certainly don't need a JJP POTC that bad.

Some of you guys have a shit ton more money than I do so my 10K ceiling is not yours. But I don't think I am in the minority on the "prices are getting too damn high" issue.

#2227 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea, because 20 somethings have 12 grand laying around for pinball machine.

9.5K - we already talked about this!

j/k

#2229 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Hey, the JJP entry price is 7.5K these days, gang.

This is a good, lost point. I have considered building a small JJP collection with just standards.

#2314 3 years ago

This thread is officially a shit show...fat jokes, grammar police, and music haters - and that is just on the last page.

1 week later
#2676 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I have to say, I think a new D&D game would be huge! But maybe I’m just a geek.

I would prefer a JJP World of Warcraft ... but I would settle for a D&D

#2679 3 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

I doubt you’d like a WoW pin, focused on a warlock as a character, huh?

Yeap

Nah, you chose the faction and race

1 week later
#2812 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

I wasn’t threatening to shoot you, and I love drop targets. Love them a lot. All I was pointing out was that after Hobbit there haven’t been lots of JJP games with drops.

After Hobbit they ran the hell out of drop targets :/

#3280 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’m not sure about you guys but I’m freaking excited as hell. I have watched SDTM interview about 10 times now.

I have only watched it twice...lol

Anyway, I was kind of thinking about passing on GnR and just waiting until the next one (Toy Story). But I am blown away by this pin - I think the SE is priced just right for what you are getting and that is what I will likely go with.

I knew with Slash on board assets wouldn't be an issue - and man was I right. A really great looking - and sounding - pinball machine.

#3301 3 years ago

I thought the Hobbit promo video was good 5 years ago, but the GnR one is even better!

Seems like they still have the same announcer.

#3310 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Maybe they shipped the games with no/minimal code. Good way to control who streams first if they had a deal with Buffalo Pinball or whatever.

My guess is that the respectfully asked everyone to hold off and let Buffalo Pinball be the first to stream gameplay.

#3312 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Where did you here six songs were excluded,I was pretty sure Eric was saying four were?

I thought it was 4 as well... Anyone know which 4?

#3360 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm usually the last to know.
Last year I found out about Willy Wonka here on Pinside two days before MGC. From two distributors' posts.
LTG : )

Maybe they think you leak worse than a screen door on a submarine! LOL

Just kidding

#3409 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I'm not asking anyone to line up as a supporter.

I would recommend that you play the crap out of that Wonka with the playfield on it now. Then 10 to 15 years down the road spend the money to replace the playfield to the brand new playfield, deep clean the parts and replace the plastics and you will have a new pristine Wonka pinball to enjoy all over again

#3428 3 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The claw machine for sure

#3437 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Random question - has there ever been a pin where the ball travels up inside the head? Like not just straight back and out, but something where the ball is locked and travels vertically to the top of the head?
Just wondering.

JJP's The Hobbit originally had the design to do just that - but Peter Jackson didn't want Smaug to 'breath pinballs onto the playfield' so they moved it to a virtual lock.

At least that is my understanding.

#3439 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

or maybe just cost cutting I think old prototypes had an right outlane gate

I don't think it was that...it wasn't allowed was my understanding. I also think the original plan was to have a bash toy as well and that was taken out - that may have been a cost cutting move or too similar to the WOZ witch (not sure)

Along the lines of too similar to WOZ. I think the VUK wire forms we originally going to cross over the playfield like WOZ (and it was decided to return to the flipper on the same side as the VUK)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,000.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goronic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=goronic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.