New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 269636)

New JJP Teaser Video

By jhoward1082

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3,446 posts
  • 412 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 days ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 189 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

smooch (resized).jpg
son_proud (resized).jpg
WIN_20201020_10_23_30_Pro (resized).jpg
54B12E62-44E9-4224-B99A-9F9FE16BB48D (resized).jpeg
0F33C87E-E900-4BAE-8C7B-25C354007B5A (resized).png
4C2984A7-92C0-4086-AC5B-96F8F42D4BD6 (resized).jpeg
5159BF25-BC29-45D2-ADA1-14EC55013D48 (resized).jpeg
vztc6Bw (resized).png
501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#197 6 months ago
Quoted from La4s:

Maybe they licensed some of those innovative Deeproot patents Robert keeps talking about...?

Also getting a deeproot vibe from this.
-just wait, this is going to be the most awesome thing ever.

Everybody eagerly awaits, and then absolutely nothing happens and then ends up in close to nothing in a year or so.

1 month later
#803 4 months ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

What is #JereayJackPinball?

Cheap copycat production from Taiwan.

4 weeks later
#1193 3 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Since this tread is the king of off topic conversation .How bout a lil Kate Beckinsale to put things in perspective !
[quoted image]

Why would anybody lie in a hammock with such Shoes?
Fake!

2 weeks later
#1677 82 days ago

Looks like a really nice facility. With that investment, you can be pretty sure the owners are in for a long run.
They have the talent to be profitable.

Just an idea, wouldnt it be cool if the new game reveal came via candy codes in wonka?

1 week later
#1876 74 days ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Agreed.
[quoted image]

Picture suggest pirates rerun?

#1917 73 days ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well I think they should have known from the beginning that being in a "small box" was foolish. What was the reasoning 4 that I wonder, because if they released some more adult orientated themes people would stop buying the Family Friendly ones?
"Fawlty Titties"

I never really felt there was anything fawlty with polly or her titles.
Allways found her kind of hot.

#2125 70 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Wasn't the reason for the cease of POTC production because it was too costly and they needed to get on with their next title? I don't think letters would help if a business is losing money making a product. Plenty of POTC out there, just wait for a HUO one to purchase when someone wants a change.

The more they make, the less the cost for each of them.
As long as assembly+bom and license<9.5k they should make more. This will also mean a cheap way of restocking spare parts.

For customers, there will be new games available.

For company there will be revenues in new games and spare parts. The remaking can also be used to keep the lines/production going during development of new games.

For owners it will mean a higher chance for spare-parts to be available down the road.

Win-win-win.

#2126 70 days ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I have not played much DI in the past, so I'm not 100% sure about smart-phone integration. Is there an app that allows you to interface with DI?
I'm kinda thinking their innovation will be some kind of mobile app that allows you to track info on your game(s), view scores, catalog errors, change settings, review audits, etc. If you can bring the game online, then you should be able to build an app to do these things.

There is an APp, but to be honest controlling the flippers with the Phone is completely pointless.
Well, my son use the app to hassle daddy, while playing now and then.

#2128 70 days ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I have not played much DI in the past, so I'm not 100% sure about smart-phone integration. Is there an app that allows you to interface with DI?
I'm kinda thinking their innovation will be some kind of mobile app that allows you to track info on your game(s), view scores, catalog errors, change settings, review audits, etc. If you can bring the game online, then you should be able to build an app to do these things.

I'm sorry, i Dont see any merrit in this.
Are people really going to play each other over the net? Seems odd and uncompareable to me.
Compare high-score?
Pinside.
Error checking, Well this is probably allready done with ease.
Hands up Everybody who think jjp is totally unaware of through errors?

The upside as I see it is code-Update and downloadable content.

#2157 70 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So you pay $10,000 for a machine and have to pay more for the full package? Brilliant.

NO, you pay 10k for the full package, then if you want the game to evolve with additional modes, content, cutscenes assets etc, keeping a 10k 300 pounds toy from going stale collecting dust, you pay for that optional addition.

#2159 70 days ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Keith is 100% right about no demand and also LTG is on the money. I was sitting in a room full of people in Oz, with Jack speaking about the new POTC. He was throwing out plastic pirate coins and drumming up sales for POTC, with slide show etc. People were there to look at and consider buying POTC. I was one of those people. I played POTC along with the many other games at the pinball show. Jack asked during the meeting and near the end of his presentation, if he could see could see by a raise of hands how many of us were going to buy POTC? Only 1 person raised their hand and I think one other person did also actually buy one at the show.
There was almost no demand, even with POTC on the floor and people playing the heck out of it, for a test run. The real issue was, no one wanted to buy a game they knew would lose big money in the secondary market, because of all the issues surrounding POTC. I was heavily debating between POTC and Dialed In. I left the show buying Dialed In.
With few POTCs ever produced demand is naturally higher, with FOMO coming into play and some collectors wanting a game few have. Start making more and watch prices and demand come down again, as they were in the beginning. Looking back, wished I’d purchased POTC, instead and could have sold it for more, because of the very low numbers actually produced. Lol

Why would a company act in such a childish way?
If you invent the wheel, and there is no demand, should you refuse to make wheel when cars are beeing produced, just because initial demand was low?
That's just stupid, and most likely bad. Buissness.
If they are unsure, just make potential customers commit, and if the demand is high enough, just start production.

If they feel lines are filled with other high demand products, vault it when between products.
If it's part of a choice not ever making more wide-bodies ever....
Well, imo that's a really poor choice and their loss.

#2160 70 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

They love hearing you say that!

It's a good thing if done the right way, but looking at computer and app developments, there are ofc concerns. Legitime ones.

#2219 70 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

My 23 year old son plays alittle pinball in garage he always says he would like to see a Halo or Gears of War and I would like a Sonic Spinball from JJP!Oh yeah Sonic Spinball

Gief world of warcraft pinball plz. Would make for an awesome pin.

#2562 66 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I guess he’s a legend in his own mind?

Well he is a legend.
Just imagine him saying....
-shoot the ball, you primates.

2 weeks later
#3336 50 days ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I don't believe anyone has figured out our scheme yet. And, as suspected, all light shows were hand choreographed to the music.

The lighting, from what seen looks fabulous. For sure you must have a dmx-style controller software program for the lighting?
Synching every light with music, beat etc, well then the game would have been completed 2100 or something?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 6,750.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 229.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Art of Pinball
$ 149.95
Pinball Machine
COINTAKER.COM
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huxley, IA
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside