501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doctor6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Are they really in bankruptcy!?!

No. Who said they were? Do you just randomly make wild accusations about everything or just this?

#138 3 years ago

Can we trust online leaderboards? We have fellow pinsider claiming to have scored into the hundreds of millions on jjp games (which we know is impossible). What stops these people from taking the glass off and racking up huge fake points just to see their name on the leader boards? Nothing.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Wonka is just a turd, its so uninvolving. Borrowed one during lockdown and I can't wait for it to go!

And yet you own a transformers and stranger things....

#190 3 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

Eric in the Buffalo Pinball stream said if we're thinking wifi connectivity is the 'innovation' "hold on to your hats folks".

I want a fully animatronic robot Axle Rose to rise out of the playfield, lip sync to the music, and even point and wink at the player.... dammit.

#286 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

If you fully understand the Hobbit rule set, then just pass on it if it didn't grab you.
But if you're still fuzzy on the details, get one. I didn't really care for Hobbit when playing earlier code and when I was just shooting it without clearly understanding the rules/progression. I bought one during the epidemic and assumed I'd get rid of it soon, but I freaking love it. While Wonka and DI feel very similar (and good), Hobbit is quite unique.

Hobbit is my favorite JJP that I own. If I had to keep only one game it would be Hobbit.

#307 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

If that was an actual "teaser" JJP should fire their marketing person. All that video did was make it easier for someone to say my money is going to TMNT, which IMO doesn't offer much in the way of innovation.

....how?

#359 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wonka all day. Maiden is terrible. So cheesy.

Having owned Maiden, i certainly wouldn't call it terrible. Does a lot of things right, I just couldn't stand the theme. The shots all sorta felt lucky if I made them, too. Otherwise a great game with pretty much zero toys.

Oh yeah, absolutely terrific callouts in that game.

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And you think Wonka is a great theme?
Dated, with questionable motives.
And I get people don't like Maiden music, but do people like the music in Wonka? Really?

Wonka's theme... I don't love it. (But it isn't a negative like maiden is to me). The callouts are garbage on it too. Otherwise a nice machine.

#376 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

U know this could be why people have trouble with the JJP fanboys. U can't say anything. They are like the feminists of the pinball world.

Being a said jjp fanboy, I don't totally disagree with that statement. But then again everyone likes what they like and defends them accordingly. You have to admit that the games are all pretty damn awesome, however. I'm a fan because they're fucking terrific, and not because I feel some need to defend them outside of that.

Much like chuckwurt will defend every stern ever made. That, equally, confuses me. I feel a flaming turd of a game from them he will still love.... but I have no room to talk as Hobbit is in my top 5 favorite games ever. Lol

#458 3 years ago

Speaker upgrade COULD be innovative it they make it surround sound. Maybe bounce sound off the ceiling and make it sound like it is behind/beside you? I'm sorta bummed to hear it is Bose, but let's hang in there.

JJP, release some damn info already.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If Stern or JJP did Back to the Future and based it only off the first film and can't use Michael J. Fox's likeness it would be a huge disaapointment in my opinion.

I can see it now: they would spin it by saying, "YOU are Marty McFly!" Boom.... no Michael J Fox needed. :/

#471 3 years ago

Again, people in this thread are saying they don't care about upgraded speakers, but what if there is some new technology in them to make it sound more 3d or immersive? I don't see why they would hype that up if it is so ho-hum. Also, we are taking fucking kaneda's word in it. Let's wait and see before we get too bent out of shape about the innovation.

1 week later
#632 3 years ago
Quoted from Jfed:

Where I come if someone gets up way early in the morning or comes into work earlier than usual you would then say "What happened!? Did you shit the bed!??"
Glad this can be my first pinside post lol.

The idiom "shit the bed" means to fuck up. Think about it... if you shit the bed.... you fucked up pretty bad. Lol

1 month later
#812 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Unfortunately too little too late. I know a few, including myself, who have sent payment for TMNT because this is taking too long with no end date in sight. And I f'ing love GnR.

Yeah, but maybe they're going for a demographic that can fit more than one machine in their house?

A good game is a good game. If you like tmnt, then you win! Doesn't matter who makes them or when they came out. You wouldn't buy a lotr in 2003 and write off all future pins ever again, would you?

#824 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

What are the major differences that make the Pro so lackluster?

Dude nothing. Game is awesome in both forms.

#862 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

2 months later and not a damn thing has been shown or revealed. Seriously one of the worst marketing departments I've ever seen lol.

Honestly. They shouldn't have made that video. All it did was piss people off.

1 month later
#1511 3 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

Fair enough and that's okay... but some of us would like a smaller screen with a kick ass back glass with beautiful artwork as well... get my drift Frisco?

Your game collection doesn't have the rule set deep enough to facilitate such screens. Soni get why you're confused.

#1577 3 years ago

Whomever asked for "innovation" should have asked for "timeliness," instead.

#1681 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It was the first tour of the new factory and a look at an impressive, stocked parts department.
Amazing what they have accomplished in half a year considering what was going on in the world during that time.
LTG : )

I think we found who's in charge of their marketing department.

This video will hold me over for 3 months until the next video talks about how great 2021 will be for pinball, and to stay tuned for more coming soon. I can hardly wait!

#1682 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Isn't a case that you and a few others are hell bent on JJP dominating the industry? You know just because people critique JJP doesn't mean they want them to fail. I just don't understand how u can't see pinheads getting frustrated with the timelines, explain that to me? Even this comment will be deemed as hatred for the company, and I'm a Stern fan boy all that crap.

Agree 100%

#1683 3 years ago
Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

Are you flittering with me? I have no idea who you are and yet you're obsessed with what I post. I'm blushing.

Maybe answer his question instead of being a dick.

#1687 3 years ago
Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

His question was...You’re just one of those douche’s?
And I'm being a dick?
Okay buddy!

It was a two part question. We don't need the answer to you being a douche as the answer is obvious. He was asking what team you are on since you seem to hate everything.

#1809 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I'd like a game with some guns in it, and maybe some...oh, I don't know, roses. Yeah, some guns and some roses, and maybe some music too. Any ideas?

Sounds awfully gay.

Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Marketing Fail for JJP! Stern has released 2 games in this crisis; JJP’s response has been ‘Innovation’ after TMNT and ‘Buy a Willie Wonka LE’ the day after Stern streams the Avengers. How are their investors not losing their damn minds? I get it, they have a lot of money, but still business is business. Employees need to be paid; the people who wanted Wonka have bought it ... it’s old news. I know you can’t compare JJP to Stern in throughput, but this makes 0 sense from a financial standpoint. Maybe a poll would be good to show how many people were waiting for JJP’s next title and moved on to a new Stern or Hot Wheels due to delays.

I'm a giant jjp fan, and even I am getting sick of their crap. This isn't how you compete with stern. Hell, it is fairly obvious that they don't wish to (or cannot) compete with them.

#1889 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Better than Hobbit?

Or woz?

#2190 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Yeah, looks totally irrelevant over here, too Only 5.3 million fans attended their last tour.
[quoted image]

I mean, theres probably 5.3 million pedophiles in the world, too. Should we have a pedophile pinball machine next?

It is an aging and slowly dying well to draw from. An artist from today would have over 10 times the fan base and appeal. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this hobby is slowly dying because it likes to focus on a fan base that is also.... slowly dying.

Edit: oh look. A whole bunch of old people downvoted me for telling the truth. :/ I bet three of you yelled "get off my lawn" as you did it, too.

#2204 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

This is an exceedingly shitty analogy.

It isn't. I'm saying 5.3 million is shit in comparison to what they could try to capture. Guns and Roses is old as fuck. But then again, so is the pinball user base, I guess. Talk about keeping your potential down. Pinball manufacturers are practically single handedly not wanting to capture anyone but the 40 to 65 year old white dude market.

#2206 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

GNR will kick ass. They were a great band back in the day and are still great. I grew up with them and love the music. Is Stern can do 100 music pins JJP can do 1. The guys who love to bash JJP get over it. Jesus Christ.

Oh I don't love to bash jjp. 75% of my machines are jjp. I even own an old fuddy fuddy music pin. I'm saying that we should tap into a more contemporary well if we wish pinball to survive. Claiming tmnt is doing so is crazy since they used the 80s turtles and not the 2010s one.

#2303 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It’s muscle wee man

Having been in bodybuilding and physique competitions, there's a lot of fat there at that height and weight. Of course, using BMI doesn't means anything. I was classified as "obese" during my physique comp....but... I'm.... I'm getting off the subject.

Fatty

#2602 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stern always has at least 1 or 2 duds a year but can afford it as they also have 2 or 3 hits a year as well. Stranger Things for example bombed terribly, BK SOR didn't do well either, Munsters wasn't well received, and Beatles seems to be a dud.
Stern is only killing it in terms of production and releasing games quickly. Personally I'll take quality over quantity.

True, those all sucked, but they made some awesome games too.

1 week later
#3120 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Come on man! Kman has seen it himself! Did you hear the video he leaked? Someone told me about it today. It's legit, and totally not someone playing a random pinball machine with the volume all the way down and cranking GnR music in the background. Because that would be totally fraud, and Kman is better than that

No, hes not... And stop calling yourself "Kman."

#3125 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

A map vs a crowd of people with lighters wow one is a win one not so much

Cary Hardy said it is literally cities on a map and that he has seen it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doctor6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=doctor6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.