501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

I get online play with known friends, which could be cool. But public leader boards will be filled with the the glass off crew on day 1.

This argument is so weak, do you think it will be that hard to figure out. First comparing input vs a known good would be dead easy, sure its probably a lot for a pinball company but not difficult. Also when John Doe that no one has ever heard of is suddenly blowing up all the top players it's going to be super obvious. People have been trying to cheat at video games for decades and it's still incredible to play online. Online play in pinball would not be at all difficult you just have to spend some money and hire someone with modern experience.

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Can we trust online leaderboards? We have fellow pinsider claiming to have scored into the hundreds of millions on jjp games (which we know is impossible). What stops these people from taking the glass off and racking up huge fake points just to see their name on the leader boards? Nothing.

As I just said this is not difficult to detect. It's real easy to record the data from a game. You take like a game from a top player you know is good and you compare. If it takes him 30 minutes to get that score and he hits these targets in this order and gets these jackpots and hits the flippers X number of times. Then John Doe comes in and beats him with a 5 minutes play time a completely different number of of flips with perfect target hits a computer can spit this out as bullshit in a matter of seconds. This stuff is not hard to figure out.

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

You are referencing an extreme example. Let's say I just play with the glass off and grab the ball before it drains to keep it in play every time. That would not be detected in your example.
I like to play competitive video games even though Hilton probably thinks I am old. Anti-cheat is a big part of the scene. I am not sure how you can detect it in a way that cannot be circumvented.

Everything can be circumvented, yet online video games are played by hundreds of millions of people and makes billions. Yes there will always be people that are trying to cheat. It's a cat and mouse game, but its not insurmountable. There is a millions ways to combat it, with hardware and software. All I hear is I don't like change. If you don't enjoy it don't play online. Trust me you will be the tiny majority.

#157 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Jesus man. Who pissed in your Cherrios? I said I like to play competitive video games Reading comprehension is at an all time low on Pinside. All I am saying is if you are trusting JJP to do all the anti-cheat systems, I wouldn't hold your breath. And if all of this ends up increasing the prices of games, that would suck. Make it a service you pay into. Then you guys that think this is the next coming can put your money where your mouth is.

It's just the same tired arguments endlessly. People will cheat, it will cost money, they are going to make us play to pay the games we just bought. I don't understand why there is so much resistance to this. Nothing could be better for the industry than connectivity.

#161 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think many who cheat would get called out by others that know them and their skill level. For instance if I posted that I got a 25M score on WOZ you'd have guys like brazy and chuckwurt who have played against me enough to know that's total Bullshit calling me on it. Seriously though I think the cheating thing is overblown, some might cheat but I don't think most would and if there's no money in it then it's not that big of a deal and people will gravitate to playing against their friends for the most part anyway.

I am with you 100%, nothing is going to get me to open my wallet more than pinball finally getting some online functionality. I could care less who cheats or how much people score. There are so many more ways to play once your online.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=darscot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.