501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

That's a fair point (criticism). I wonder if Stern is going to push them to announce earlier than they wanted to. I think they wanted to wait until games were already rolling off the line to announce their next game. Would they fall into the trap of announcing a game 3-4 months before they can build it?

Why not.
Not a trap as everyone would know how it will be. Because of covid, maybe a collusion of announcement.
Anyway, I have no interest in TMNT, and even if I had, I would have wait for JJP new game announcement.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

This is like the worst teaser ever. Provides zero info other than “something” is coming. Who didn’t already know that? Oye. JJP I love you but you’re killin me lol. :/

This is the best teaser ever. Cast doubt on pinheads’mind just after a stern announcement while they are not ready to show anything.
It is strategic, it was prepared and timed for sure.

#69 3 years ago

Yes. No dimpling.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It feels like manufacturers use the word "innovation" way too much.
Taking wifi, or online play, or some other tech that's existed for decades and adding it to a pin isn't innovation. It's playing catch up.

Ability to play Online on pinball would be very covid period.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK got it.
He says out of respect, he's not going to show the pictures which I think is the wrong approach. Does he not respect ANY of the folks behind all the games he's "spoiled"? I thought this was just about getting pinball news out K. No need to go into the respect or lack thereof - it's just pinball and showing people what they want.

How can he spoiled games announcement again and again? Does he have spies network?

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'm hoping JJP is adding a camera to their next game! Imagine having the pinball machine take a picture of you while playing?!?

Already cheesy.

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Dialed In had this.

i guess he was sarcastic

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I have to think that 90% of people could care less about these things. I know I have no interest in online leaderboards or head to head play with someone I don't know. I play the machine. Now, with something like Cosmic Cart Racing, I can understand why you would want to play head to head. It would be like online racing or online shooter games. But Cosmic Cart was designed with this in mind and until recently was horrible to play alone. The only benefit I would get from online connectivity is wifi updating. But, honestly, I would not waste the money on buying a dongle for my 4 JJP games just for that. USB still works.

Then a pinball machine built in conception and code to play head to head?
Xmen, you need to defeat villains...that can be your opponent, each one is progressing in his objective to defeat the other.
Maybe it is foolish!

1 month later
#757 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

This thing turned into 15 pages of nothing. I will say I enjoyed learning about speakers and hearing about everyone's favorite Brady Bunch moments. Not enough to save this thread. Even if we get an announcement this week, unless it's a full access description with pictures or videos of play, they are going to get hammered for this promo "video" 6 weeks ago.

My guess is there won’t be any revealing till this autumn

The teaser did his job, breaking the next stern game sales with keeping pinball fellows tuned and focused to an hypothetical jpp revealing till this summer, then vacation would take over to fill folks’mind. And September-october are already there.

2 weeks later
#814 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

[quoted image]

Racks full 2 months later?

#839 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah but it wouldn't be the same game anymore, a stripped down DI however they make the cuts to achieve that Stern Pro price point might not be as enticing. Also have u played a TNMT or JP2? I have no interest in either really due to theme or DI for that matter but what exactly separates the 2 in ur estimation?

Trap door down and reliability game is up!

#841 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No idea what that means.

Just means that sometimes it is good when a game is stripped down so the reliability goes up

#854 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

For me, for home use, the more mechs and toys the better. Watching the game do clever stuff with the ball is a big highlight of pinball for me. And working on the mechanical stuff is kind of fun anyway. It‘s the electrical stuff that makes me more nervous.

Well, opening some tickets to jjp service was not fun to me!

#871 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I honestly like the new energy coming from JJP. The teaser a couple of months ago did its job. It made me stop and wonder. Ultimately, if they reveal anything too early and games take forever to ship, then we would be bitching about that. Bitching about lack of patience is the lesser of the two. I’m more impatient than anyone, but if that means games near ready to ship at reveal, then I’m in!

JJP is not Stern, they would never build 3-4 games a year. I think jjp knows the balance to respect and the time he has to release a game according to its operting expenses. This year is also special with covid and move.

My guess didn’t change, i hope « something » this autumn.

1 week later
#984 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I help with tech support.
First to go. Last to know.
Willy Wonka was announced on Pinside by two distributors before I knew.
LTG : )

Well, don’t we already know that JJP6 will be GNR? Looks obvious with last news (jjp wishing an happy birthday to Slash and a pic jack/slash)

#985 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

What company has ever been rewarded on pinside for showing pictures before the game is ready to release?

In the same time they don’t care, they are following their planning and revealing strategy

#998 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It does have an anniversary coming up!!!!

Mine too...But who cares!

#1033 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That isn’t the point and you know it. It’s been 5 months since this started, other manufacturers have produced games, albeit slowly. Even if there wasn’t a pandemic, did they plan to just shut down Lakewood and move to Elk Grove without Elk Grove not running at all, just an empty warehouse. I have no idea what’s going on, that’s why I’m asking and what this thread is about.

Well, we know nothing about jjp planning without covid. so we still don’t know more with covid.
I mean taking into account the move maybe jjp was planning to reveal GNR or next game only In September. Then with covid, it will be more likely in November-december.

#1034 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

You're not the only one. I've said I'm done with NIB, but if POTC was reissued, I might have to be a hypocrite.
If they don't make more of these, they're missing a huge opportunity to make some bank, and also, to get their hottest game out to more people, which in turn, creates more positive discussion about JJP games.
I just don't see how they're not filling the current radio silence with something like this. Even if GnR comes out, and it's great, it's still only one game that we'll be talking about for the next year.
Why not shake off some ring rust with an insta-buy like POTC, and then hit us all with GnR. Every other company is capturing attention with news and releases, and JJP is sitting on a homerun.
I just don't understand their business.

Willy wonka is still their last current game.
Don’t know how good it is (never played it as potc).
the engineering troubles with some mechs on potc (with those i met on my DI) ruined my jjp experience.
Ready to go with a GNR or toy story but jjp needs to be good, make reliable their games and not cutting cool ideas/mechs.
Lets take their time if they can and need it, there is no hurry from my side.

#1044 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

And who is doing communications for JJP?
Stern is killing it with updates and new products, and over at JJP... Crickets!
People staying home, looking for new ways to entertain themselves and their family, and barely a peep from JJP.
Whoever is on communications there needs to maybe look at Stern and get some ideas.

If they get nothing to communicate without revealing (even some clues) their next game then they don’t communicate.
This is a special year, especially JJP with their move, they tried to brake the entertainment of next stern game with the teaser but i guess they do as they can with much more limited means. We are less demanding with others manufacturers.

#1107 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

This "teaser" followed by nothing has exceeded even deeproot's failure at marketing and releasing information.

Really?

Can you remind me which games Deeprout are available in his catalog?

#1113 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Strawman. You're comparing the company as a whole. I was just talking about the marketing and lack of release of information. :p JJP is clearly a better company than deeproot overall. I'm just talking about this whole teaser thing.

Deeprout are way better to communicate, bla bla bla than building a game.

Ha ha ha ...Strawman.

1 week later
#1211 3 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

This thread is about nothing.
That's sad but true.
I waited and waited and waited and waited for JJP, waited for only a word, an announcement, a picture, a picture of a start button, but nothing, absolutely nothing.
AND now I bought an Elvira pin.
And in this case, Stern wins.

Why? You seem having bought this elvira out of spite.
It was so essential for you to spend this money? You waited 2-3 months and i guess how hard it was.

#1220 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Maybe he wanted a new pin to play didn't want to wait anymore. Spite? that's just stupid.

He wanted a new pin?
Then he has a lot of choice right now like Turtle, willy Wonka, JP, ....
He wanted the next (GNR) JJP? Then lets wait when ready. Money is not perishable or highly flammable in the wallet.

Payez vous des cours de sophrologie, relaxation, allez voir un psy si vous souffrez d’impatience severe.

#1222 3 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

And meanwhile I play Elvira.
Maybe I will buy the next two Sterns after Turtles, before JJP announce (and sell) GnR.
By the way. I already own a Wonka and a JP. Makes no sense to buy another one of them.
Turtles is not my theme.
However, I told it before, in this case, Stern wins. I will buy no GnR.
And I'm no fanboy or hater of anyone. Own pins from JJP, Stern and others. JJP has still to learn marketing strategies. So they loose customers.

There is no strategy, they will annonce the game when ready to do. As simple as it.

#1226 3 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

So why had they posted this trailer three months ago?

To break stern turtles sales.
JJP is late to built their new game, for the reasons that everybody know.

#1228 3 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

And after the trailer.......... silence.........
I understand. Top strategy.........

Sorry, can’t help/save you.

#1289 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Really ?
I do tech support for them and I don't know that.
)

Hard to believe (with all my respect)

I guess you are not working on flipper mech, switch, bumper...but specific game mechs. Or i don’t understand what is your job.

#1301 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Your choice. Believe or not. No matter to me.

Tech support. People stop into my arcade, call one of four phones, email, PM's here and on Facebook. I try to help them get their JJP ( and CGC ) games going once they have them and have questions or need help with the game.
I don't work at either factory, so I can't look out the door and see what is going on, or sit in on meetings. I found out about Willy Wonka here on Pinside two days before MGC. Just like everyone else. I didn't know anything about it before hand.

Why is written « jersey jack pinball » in your profile?

#1304 3 years ago

TheLaw c’est possible de poser des questions? LTG n’a pas besoin d’avocat, je ne l’agresse pas.
Vous avez l’air de le connaitre, moi pas. D’ou mes questions.

#1306 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Because I do tech support for Jersey Jack Pinball.
And there isn't room for Planetary Pinball Supply, or Chicago Gaming Company.
I own an arcade. SS Billiards, in Hopkins, MN. I work from there. Noon to midnight everyday, though usually earlier and later. I'm not at any factory I help. Though on occasion I have visited them. And hope to see the new JJP building and new AP buildings some day. I've seen the old ones.
Also people thinking of buying a JJP game or CGC game. If they stop into my business. I'll open up the games and walk them through it to help the manufacturers sell games and people learn about what they are buying.

Sorry buddy, it is my english limit with the word « tech » that confused me.
But i can see you have some good guys to step up.
Take care

#1343 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t care if GNR is next or not. It’s not a title that is of any interest to me. I’m not a fan of any music themed pin for a variety of reasons. I’ve never understood why GNR was (rumored) to be a (potential) JJP game as it never seemed to fit with JJP’s other far more family friendly titles. I’m sure they’ll sell a decent number of games but don’t think it had anywhere near the sales potential that Toy Story should.
Assuming Toy Story is coming soon I’m very interested as long as the use of IP isn’t neutered as it was with POTC. In theory TS has the potential to be the elusive home run title for JJP. Imagine a crane toy that moves a pinball from one part of the playfield with the Aliens “the claw” video clips and so many of the other possibilities Pat has/had open to him.

Well, except if the theme is really lame, i think the success of a game is more in how it is loaded, plays, coded, fun.
So i can’t see why GNR could not be sold more than Toy story.

#1344 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Best part is Stern will apparently announce their next game on Friday. Thats the next game AFTER turtles. You know the game the brilliant marketing team at jjp decided to tease something innovative right after it was announced only to give us nothing? They're so far behind that now Stern is going to announce another game and still nothing from jjp? Maybe they'll tease something after this one too? Embarrassing and I like jjp!
Time to wake up and get something to be hyped about. Marketing is obviously not their strong suit.

Well, Stern and JJP are not built in the same company model, the same level of charges, the same commercial strategy.

Even if JJP aspires to build 2 games by year, this is not for this special year, for obvious reasons (move, covid...maybe some unforeseen things too).

But what i don’t get it, it is the general impatience about next JJP game. You would get the reveal of next game when it is ready. If it is fine for JJP, it is fine for me too.

#1484 3 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Jack pushed back at Stern and was the only reason Stern started to up their game.Gary had no reason to improve anything on his games because no one threaten him or should I say his monopoly in the industry.Jack was one of his biggest distributors and he saw the future of better games and went for it.Stern would still be pushing out average games but Gary new his monopoly had to come to a end someday and guys like Jack gave Gary the nudge he needed to do more.He still to this day is the best pinball manufacture on the plaint and he deserves it,But Jack deserves all the credit for changing the industry and bringing innovation to the table.Their is no one who can honestly say any stern game prior to WOZ even compares to cool toys, better screen, theme integration and innovation.

Regarding about woz comment, Woz lightshow blew me away but i think a game like LOTR is way better. But it is only my opinion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 210.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=colonel_caverne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.