501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charlemagne1987.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1016 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I know it’s not now but I really hope JJP in the future will take a shot at SW.The title needs to be a deep coded widebody packed with the story.I like the last one from stern as a stand alone space battle but It just doesn’t give SW what it deserves .Star Wars needs to be a must have, never sell top 10 pin !! Is anyone with me on this ?

I love Star Wars, but I'm just tired of them constantly making SW pins. How many are there now? Seven or eight? There are so many other cool properties they could make pins of. I think it's time to stop with the SW pins and come out with others people have been demanding for a long time...like JAWS, for example.

#1018 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I hear ya it’s just I’ve played most of them and would never buy one for home .Im up for new themes for sure .Jaws would be cool if well done .Would love a exorcist or shining ! I just got into Pinbsll early this year I couldn’t imagine the wait times of early 2000s.Seems a lot to chose from now so can’t complain at all .

I agree. I've played many of the SW games on location and have never been impressed enough to buy one. And now, I usually skip the SW games when I'm at a location and go straight for others. It's too bad because, like I said, I really enjoy the movies a lot.

2 weeks later
#1314 3 years ago
Quoted from sandro:

Hmm, let's see:
2011 The Rolling Stones
2012 AC/DC
2013 Metallica
2017 Aerosmith
2017 AC/DC vault edition
2018 Iron Maiden
2018 The Beatles
2020 Led Zeppelin
Yeah, what JJP needs to do to stand out from the crowd is to release a music pin....

And that’s just Stern. Don’t forget Alice Cooper.

1 week later
#1648 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Any chance they might make more potc anytime soon?

I think that ship has sailed (pun intended). Everything I'm hearing about the expiration of rights, the cost of re-running (reproducing), and the sour taste JJP has over all the problems and criticism they had with the original roll out leads me to believe the company intends to move on from this game. But I could be wrong.

#1778 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That doesn't matter.
If JJP releases "Tend to the Manure Pit" pinball machine. Where u shovel shit for big points and it releases a scent of manure from the backbox, it would be all about the innovation and "Build Quality".

Pinsiders are always looking for Easter eggs. Could your "Manure Pit" actually be code for BTTF because Biff keeps landing in piles of manure?

#1802 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I wish they could make a game that has a lot of toys in it, but that also has a good story. Toys and story. That's everything. Toys. Story...
Any ideas?

I'd like a game with some guns in it, and maybe some...oh, I don't know, roses. Yeah, some guns and some roses, and maybe some music too. Any ideas?

#1910 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My old ass eyes read this as "titties" and I was thoroughly confused.
TITLES. Only two Ts.

Me too. I was excited for a second, imaging the possibility of JJP making a TITTIES themed pin. I'd be a buyer on that, though I think my wife might have a problem with it.

#1923 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I love my OKT and AP does make a fine product but not a fair comparison with JJP. Like a Chevy vs. a Cadillac.

Seems like AP just doesn’t get much love around here. I have a Houdini and am enjoying the hell out of it. That being said, I also have a JJP POTC, and it blows away all my other games, including Houdini.

#2137 3 years ago

I said this before, but I'll repeat myself. I think the POTC ship has sailed (pun intended), and rightfully so. I own one, and it's an awesome game. But JJP didn't get much love for it when it came out. As Keith explained, it made no sense to keep going with it when the demand wasn't there. Maybe the demand is there now, but I highly doubt it's enough to justify JJP starting anew, ordering all the parts, etc. I really don't think they'd sell enough to make it worth their time and expense. They have other potentially profitable games in the pipeline. They should focus on those. I hate to say it, and sorry if I offend anyone, but if you wanted a POTC at factory issued prices, you should have bought it when it was offered. If you want one bad enough now, pony up the cash and buy a used one. I keep seeing them pop up in the marketplace.

#2294 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Music in general is garbage. all sounds the same to me.

I had an uncle who said all music sounds the same to him. He was deaf.

#2426 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Even Elvis sold, if you believe Steve Ritchie.

Ouch! I grew up in the eighties, so Elvis was way before my time. But I've always loved his music and his style. So I bought the Elvis pin NIB in 2004 (from Jersey Jack when he was just a distributor), and its still in my collection today. I play it all the time and I love it. It's held up nicely. So let's give The King some props here.

#2510 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Reguardless of this or that ,there is so much action going on now and like Lloyd said 2021 is shaping up to be a phenomenal year in this hobby .Correct me if wrong but looks like 5 legit companies will have a line of games out this year and that’s not including the work of Riot and homebrews.Get exited about this as competition will provide the true golden years of pinball!

Yup. I'm excited. But I'm afraid my bank account may take a serious beating.

#2514 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m gung ho this year because we havnt been on any vacations and working a ton .My problem is I get attached I can’t get rid of either the ones I have right now I keep buying “keepers “ lmao!

I think you and I have the same affliction. I live in a 1300 square foot townhouse yet I own 8 pins, just bought another and I also have a Wurlitzer jukebox. My wife enjoys this hobby with me, but I think she's getting to the end of her rope with my pinball acquisitions.

#2518 3 years ago
Quoted from gordonshumway:

Bad part is that JJP has seen them going for as high as upper teens and will price the new run accordingly. The average Joe won't be able to justify 15-16K for a new one, but collectors and wealth will.

I don't think so. If JJP goes exclusively, or even primarily, for the high-end market where only the wealthy buyers reside, they won't sell enough games to thrive in the long term...not when so many others (Stern, Spooky, American, CGC, etc.) will be selling ever-improving product to the masses. There are only so many NIB buyers out there, and not enough in the 15K range to make that business model work. They'll have to offer games at a price point not too far from their competitors. That's just my opinion.

#2522 3 years ago
Quoted from gordonshumway:

But why do a new run on something that is selling (and in demand) for 10K when the aftermarket is trading them in area of ~16K?

If you're referring to POTC, the only indication we have that they will re-run it is from people theorizing about it here on Pinside. I personally don't believe they will re-run POTC, for the reasons that have already been mentioned many times on this thread and other related threads. If you're talking about re-runs of JJP's other games, I haven't seen any of them selling in the 16K range on the secondary market, or even close to it.

#2525 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Looking to 2021...
Spooky/CGC Licence theme, with possible Franchi artwork.
Spooky, late year Dave Van Es. Licensed theme.
American pinball, new game.
American pinball, Hot Wheels, still availible.
JJP, GNR. and possible middle or late year Toy Story.
Deeproot, Raza, plus possible games 2, 3, 4??
CGC, remake.
Plus???
That's alot of choice for the hobby, the most since when, 1993-94?
The beginning of a new golden age?
Message from the Freek Kingdom.

Yes. It's exciting from a hobbiest's perspective. But will there be enough buyers of NIB games for all this? I doubt it, especially with the economy just starting to recover in 2021. I'm afraid some companies are going to lose a lot of money in the midst of all this competition.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 210.00
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charlemagne1987.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.