501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bgwilly31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Not sure I trust JJP innovation actually coming through as promised after the stuff they stripped out of POTC.

If eric told us to hold onto our hats. Im going to trust what he says.

Eric was pissed about Disc gate

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:What do you mean? I thought he said the reason it wasn't included in the game was because they couldn't solve the engineering issues?

That wasnt erics choice though. Erics choice would have been to spend the Time/money to make it work.

They had the same reason behind the chest not opening and closing apparently couldnt solve that issue either......

The issue was obviously not that they couldnt solve it. But the game had been delayed too long for whatever reasons and investors wanted it ready now!

Again not eric's choice or fault.

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Supposedly Pat Lawlor nuked the spinning discs not Eric... Speculation is that Eric could have gotten the mech to work fine but Pat was jealous? of how packed POTC was. Take it with a grain of salt

Thats rumor from the man whose name must not be spoken on pinside.

Could have also been many other factors. But bottom line is they certainly could have figured it out. Just like they clearly could have figured out the chest opening and closing.

My point was only this. I trust eric would not have said for us to hold onto our hats if this innovation wasnt something pretty damn spectacular.

3 months later
#2251 3 years ago

October.........BORING!

Release a teaser of the PF or something. This is beginning to get frustrating.

#2326 3 years ago

JJP teaser game is abysmal.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2617 3 years ago

I really Hope JJP Fixes their Collectors Edition debacle.

I mean we are all assuming GnR will be shipping within a 3 weeks after reveal in October right?

They did better with Wonka when it comes to that but they totally Failed on the CE of Wonka. Nothing was finalized for months after reveal on the Wonka CE. And i dont a single CE Wonka was delivered for about 6-7 Months after reveal. Thats a total Failure.

Im Wanting a CE of GnR but im not about to wait 6-7 Months for it.

#2637 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Yes, I saw on facebook. LE and SE will be shipping immediately after reveal in Oct and CE will come later.

Speaks as if fact. Do you actually know this as fact or just going off previous JJP Models

#2748 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Someone speculated the announcement would be part of the Virtual Expo, that makes sense to me. I'm guessing Friday or Saturday the 17th or 18th.

JJP Likes to announce at shows. Im betting this is as well. Wish it was sooner.

#2761 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

JJP Likes to announce at shows. Im betting this is as well. Wish it was sooner.

I WAS WRONG. Oct 5th. the release is happening.

#2847 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I just like drop targets... they are a staple of pinball mechs... and they act as barricades and dividers, and locking mechs and... well you get a lot of milage out of a set of drops. It allows for whole banks to be scored in one shot, if your good enough... so shoot me if I point it out this has no banks of drops, so it has 2 strikes already. First strike is it's GNR, which has not been one of my band favorites, because in Ohio, where I grew up, well we have heard our share (and then some) of GNR. Right who-dey? Don't want to piss off the GNR crowd... but not sure I can take Welcome to the Jungle in large quanities if I owned one at home. It may still be a winner, because, well it is Eric...

Im from cincinnati and Fucking love Welcome to the Jungle. If the rest of the game is loaded Drop Targets are not a necessity ala PoTC

#2848 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I urge people to evaluate games on their own.
I've only been in the hobby a few years, but I've already seen a repeated pattern where $podcaster or $pinsider shits on $newgame, rallys people behind them, and the game is unjustly harmed by it.
It is Pinside's fault there aren't enough POTC to go around. And being new at the time, I was swept up in it too.
Recall some of the vitriol lobbed at Wonka and amplified by Pinside:
"It sounds like a slot machine" - Literally not true. I dug up footage of the Wonka slots and compared side by side. False pinside narrative.
"The game is worthless without audio on the video clips." - An incredibly stupid take in my view, because nobody wants to see the same clips 1000 times. Once you've played them a few times you start skipping them. Do you want a 10k DVD player with bad controls, or a pinball machine?
Turns out, Wonka is a very good game and designed for longevity in your collection. It's a shame the podcast/Pinside hivemind talked some people out of enjoying it.
Nobody's opinion on a game matters but your own. Have an open mind, don't expect perfection (nothing in life is), and remember this stuff is for having fun!

Just throwing this out there.

Two guys i play pinball with on a regular basis, both have been in the hobby for over a decade. Both like woz. Also both do not post on pinside nor listen to podcasts or even know who Kaneda is.

However both commented they Really did not enjoy Wonka at all when we played an LE at a friends collection recently.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bgwilly31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.