501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ViperJelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#253 3 years ago

I think the spinning disc mech has been overplayed. The triple disc was awesome looking, not doubt. I think the single spinning disc works very well and accomplishes the intended randomness with varying speed and direction.

The confusing one to me is the open/close chest. People are able to make their own mod for under $100, that one wasn't rocket science.

#320 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Ehh, not so much anymore. Wonka brought nothing new to the table. Their in-game camera was innovative when it came out and Keith has cranked out some really cool rules and software, but look at the last couple games: Pirates got cost-reduced into mediocrity and Wonka is also pretty vanilla (but it does shoot well).
Also, innovation is good but Elwin's JP proves you can put together a great playing game without flashy new toys or technology.
Looking forward to whatever JJP comes out with.. competition is always good.

I understand the frustrations but to say that POTC is mediocre is a bit of a stretch. The upper playfield rocks back and forth, has 2 flippers, 2 spinners, and a cannon that shoots a ship across the machine. The rest of the layout and rules are well above par as well.

2 months later
#1357 3 years ago

Honestly it depends on the layout for both. Pat and Eric are both great designers and I am hoping that they both have something awesome/inspired to show us with their next machines but sometimes particular layouts don't "click" with everyone. If TS has a fantastic layout/shots/toys then I would be interested, if it is a rehash of past games then not-so-much. The exact same can be said for GnR.

Wonka theme interests me more than Pirates but I liked the layout more on Pirates so I got that instead.

#1545 3 years ago

3 months and over 1500 posts later there is absolutely nothing new. This is embarrassing for them and could not have been the original plan.

Just throw some generic random video out there and then do nothing, not great.

Love their machines but really question the thought process here.

#1547 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I hold them accountable for a lot but not for 1500 posts of nonsense and bitterness.

Haha, fair enough.

#1628 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The owner said they’re doing well? Really?
Of course the owner is going to say that. In fact he should be fired if he didn’t. This isn’t a public company where they need to report to the SEC. What else is he going to say?
As for wonka’s being made, they have parts that need to be put together but more importantly people that need to be trained. Talk to any distributor - wonka’s are not in high demand. Not even close. Although it’s kind of refreshing to actually think people could conclude JJP’s is doing really well and wonka’s are flying off the shelf.

I don't think it is public, couldn't find a ticker for it. I think it is privately owned so they can lose as much money as they want, no shareholders at risk.

1 week later
#1865 3 years ago

I own a POTCLE and would love to see more made, not selling mine so really don't care about resale value for the next...while

The GNR crowd will lose their minds if it is another run of POTC though. Either way will be fun to watch!

#2156 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What is everyone hearing that makes this a stellar pin? Serious question...

No one knows. Everyone is just hoping for a great machine with nothing to go on except for Eric's last pin which was incredible.

I haven't heard of a single feature yet.

#2285 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Sure the hell is

Great with monkey, just really good without

#2331 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

JJP teaser game is abysmal.

Not sure if I would have preferred this teaser or nothing at all... I guess the teaser but just barely.

2 weeks later
#2902 3 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Well this is just fucking impressive.

Compliments don't get much better than the source. Might as well reveal now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ViperJelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=ViperJelly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.