501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thunderbird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#451 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'll go with Back to the Future in a heart beat as long as all 3 films are covered with full assets. That's one of my last dream themes.

You’re dreaming on your dream theme and asking way too much. No company in 2020 and beyond is going to buy full assets and leave us with an empty PF like SW, at least I hope not. BTTF will be awesome if it really is coming. Interesting, TWIP does not have it listed as a possible future title.

1 month later
#827 3 years ago

Hoping a new JJP arises, with competitive pricing to Stern.

3 weeks later
#1153 3 years ago

I wonder if there is anyway to convince JJP that they will sell a great deal more if their pricing were to be more inline with the competition? I know people claim there is so much more in the machine and that argument could have been made preWW. $2,000.00 to $4,000.00 more across the lineup?

1 week later
#1300 3 years ago

Can appreciate JJP wanting to protect their image, if this is true. JJP2 has new big investments to protect. Most any company will choose to go a safe direction in today’s environment. Toy Story is a safe direction. GNR was a theme chosen by the old JJP many years ago. Theme time horizons come and go. Agree with Lloyd on this one. Unless JJP states it, we don’t know, but rumors create interesting speculation.

1 week later
#1717 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

2. Get into a lower price tier like Stern's Pros. Show the community you can compete with Stern at this price range. And if you really want to make your point, undercut Stern by a couple hundred dollars. That would send shockwaves.

Agree with this comment in spades! If you want to send a message to the pinball world and to your competition, match or beat their pricing is marketing 101. It’s not good enough in today’s world to have a few more features and price pinball machines $2,000 to $3,500.00 higher, in each of the respective 3 tier offerings. Best competitor pricing and the world will become your oyster. Then watch the competition shake.

Make no mistake about it, everything comes down to pricing. Everything else is secondary. Unless you’re looking to only sell a very small number of a highly sought after collectible.

#1760 3 years ago

Nothing yet and nothing in the foreseeable future either. Game announce this month maybe and then out by the end of the year?

#1812 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

JJP is only advertising in their ‘channels’. No one will find a JJP Wonka unless they go to JJP’s site or FB page. They are not blasting the marketing to Wonka FB groups where they should

Main problem with marketing to WW fans is, the public does not understand the very high costs of pinball machines.

#1924 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I mean, if you love R&M, sure! For me that game is somewhat physically barren. Only physical aspect that speaks to the show is a literal off the shelve springy toy. The clips, via limited modes at this point, grind away after awhile, and their usage is never subtle. It's just...here's plastered full screen video. It's an unimaginative presentation of the license in many ways, and in many ways it isn't. The playfield, backglass art is really great, but for some reason all of it looks washed out.

Yes. I don't really enjoy any Spooky game yet. I guess I'm glad they exist for competitive sake, but I haven't played a game of theirs yet, that I'm happy exists in the world. R&M was the first game I really hoped would break that mold, and it hasn't yet for me. The initial non plunge, plunge even feels like a dull, listless way to start the game.

You may have articulated a spot on review of R&M that may anger owners, but might be on the money. If pricing of a R&M was in the Pro pricing range, a “somewhat physically barren“ PF, might be more acceptable. It just might be that very limited machine numbers, keeps them in pinball. Another reviewer said, “R&M is just TNA with ramps”.

I personally like Spooky making a go of it and hope they’re able to jump that hurdle to more unique custom working mechs on the PF.

#2146 3 years ago

Keith is 100% right about no demand and also LTG is on the money. I was sitting in a room full of people in Oz, with Jack speaking about the new POTC. He was throwing out plastic pirate coins and drumming up sales for POTC, with slide show etc. People were there to look at and consider buying POTC. I was one of those people. I played POTC along with the many other games at the pinball show. Jack asked during the meeting and near the end of his presentation, if he could he could see by a raise of hands how many of us were going to buy POTC? Only 1 person raised their hand and I think one other person did also actually buy one at the show.

There was almost no demand, even with POTC on the floor and people playing the heck out of it, for a test run. The real issue was, no one wanted to buy a game they knew would lose big money in the secondary market, because of all the issues surrounding POTC. I was heavily debating between POTC and Dialed In. I left the show buying Dialed In.

With few POTCs ever produced demand is naturally higher, with FOMO coming into play and some collectors wanting a game few have. Start making more and watch prices and demand come down again, as they were in the beginning. Looking back, wished I’d purchased POTC, instead and could have sold it for more, because of the very low numbers actually produced. Lol

2 weeks later
#3295 3 years ago

Figured out how to get the JJP GNR experience at a discount:

Enthusiastically wave an LED flashlight in front of your face, while listening to GNR “Not in this Lifetime” tour CD.

Total cost: $19.95

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 11,000.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thunderbird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=Thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.