501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#713 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm just dead chuffed that Pat's preference for standard width pins won out and Eric can't do another widebody masterpiece with GnR. That's two terrible things Pat's influenced at JJP.
Remember how proud JJP was to point out that WoZ was the same dimensions as TZ way back when WoZ was in development?
"Oh, by the way.......the Wizard of Oz is a Wide Body Game! It is the same dimensionally as a Twilight Zone."
WoZ and jjPotC are better than anything Pat's put out with JJP so far. What do they have in common? Widebodies...and not Pat's rehashed, repurposed low-imagination stuff just recycled from his old pins.

Im not as versed in pinball as you and most, but wouldnt a wide body slow down a pin, like GnR, that should play fast and loud? It works for other "slower" based themes. IMO

#716 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not really no.
EDIT: Or to put it another way, imagine Metalica Had an extra shooter lane on the right side to auto fire balls in during MB & an extra orbit on the left betwixt the fuel and left orbit. Wouldn;t necessarily make it any slower. If you pull a hobbit and make a totally wide open PF with nothing in it....than yeah that is the probable outcome.

Ah yes, that makes total sense! Thanks!

1 week later
#771 3 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

The new teaser will be a limited edition yellow pricked toad ruby slipper reissue of the last teaser.

They can be such pricks hah

1 week later
#791 3 years ago
Quoted from Webster920:

I agree with LTG regarding hiring since on Facebook JJP is looking to fill what appears to be manufacturing / quality positions for 1st shift. Something is about to / or has started ramping up.

Stern needs a QA dude! Wonder who would pay better, probably JJP.

1 week later
#919 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

So they are shipping 30 Wonkas hardly news

Yea If you blow it up, it appears there is enough letters to spell Wonka. Although one of the boxes has some white tape over the title hmmm.

#926 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yeesh. Even for a JJP speculation thread, these responses are downers......
Jack has always said they ship first to Australia before a launch for timing reasons, and Eric is SPECIFICALLY in this shot.
My guess/hope is we get an unveiling within 2 weeks.

If you blow up the pics, it looks like 2 out of 3 say Wonka. Not trying to be a downer, but facts matter, and we have no facts, just arm chair sleuthing!

1 week later
#1042 3 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

1000 posts and still no news... Incredible!

Meh, the deeproot thread crushes this lol.

1 week later
#1219 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah but I heard the Honda mower leave Dimples on your lawn!!! Not falling for that trick!!

Nope. Honda is the most boring, but reliable car out there. Stern could use some QA

#1248 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Unfortunately my two sources are SUPER solid, they don't know each other, are both well connected and told me the same thing. The reason why its not the next pin is also really pathetic, so pathetic it makes me angry.
I really hope my two sources are wrong, but the fact they both told me the same thing, and the way they are connected, makes me believe they are right. Hoepfully JJP changes their mind, but looks like Toy Story is next.

disregard I didnt see the other post.

#1313 3 years ago
Quoted from sandro:

Hmm, let's see:
2011 The Rolling Stones
2012 AC/DC
2013 Metallica
2017 Aerosmith
2017 AC/DC vault edition
2018 Iron Maiden
2018 The Beatles
2020 Led Zeppelin
Yeah, what JJP needs to do to stand out from the crowd is to release a music pin....

Why would they secure the license and presumably have the R&D done, then shelve it? If they even have the license, that is..

#1461 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

Ok so take this with a grain of salt, but I has 2 separate people that I'm friends with (I consider them both "in the know") send me a leaked picture of the new JJP backglass....[quoted image]

Let me guess, cowboys and astronauts piss you off!

#1543 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

This is everything wrong with the state of politics right now.. Categorizing people over politics. And before you post that I am a liberal..I am apolitical. I don't believe either party gives a rats ass about me.
Your post makes as much sense as standing up in a crowded room and yelling I LIKE TOMATOES.

Do you though?

#1604 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Be honest. Don’t you think we would have seen gnr by now if not for Covid combined with the move. I’m excited and anxious too, but for guys to say jjp is in trouble, doomed, missed the boat, totally screwed and so on is really ridiculous. They have a billionaire owner with a passion for the business/hobby. Billionaire with a B! How exactly are they in trouble again? Do tell.

Apparently, the fastest way to become a millionaire is to start a pinball company, when you are a billionaire!

#1608 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

Is the former VP's basement big enough?

#1650 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

For every guy who needs to buy a pin right this instant, there is a guy who will need to buy a pin a few months from now.

Why not try to sell to both?

#1718 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Agree with this comment in spades! If you want to send a message to the pinball world and to your competition, match or beat their pricing is marketing 101. It’s not good enough in today’s world to have a few more features and price pinball machines $2,000 to $3,500.00 higher, in each of the respective 3 tier offerings. Best competitor pricing and the world will become your oyster. Then watch the competition shake.
Make no mistake about it, everything comes down to pricing. Everything else is secondary. Unless you’re looking to only sell a very small number of a highly sought after collectible.

Truth. Im not loaded and not pin pro or long time collector, I just want a fun pin. AP seems to have possibly hit a sweet spot at $6200 with Hotwheels. The AP team is responsive on pinside, has both the "Walk up and play fun" as well as "HOU fun" where you can get deep into the rules" and from all acounts, built really well. Its AP that Stern should keep its eye on as a serious competitor, not JJP. Unless JJP can figure out that market. Until then, its AP that can eat into Stern profits and force them to upgrade to compete.

#1720 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

AP needs to push out more games per year to keep up with stern. And maybe stern needs to do more unlicensed stuff.

Indeed. Im certainly not talking about production volume, but they have been quicker to market with 3 pins faster than any other manufacturer, besides Stern. The themes may not be everyones cup of tea, but the quality and game play is top notch, again, for a reasonable price.

#1726 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

When I saw this teaser image, it didn't click that was a line from GNR, I legit thought they were begging people to please buy a game.

Probably both!

#1782 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

cowboy butts drive me nuts

Thats whats up!

#1788 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Another day, another let down ...

If you dont expect anything, like I do when visiting this thread, it wont be a letdown!!!

#1992 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Everyone whines about how ineffective that teaser video was...but look at this thread that continues to rage out of control almost 2000 posts later.
Perhaps it was effective after all?

If jjp counts the number of posts, post teaser, as something to consider effective, more power to them. I doubt they do. 2 games by Stern, 1 by Spooky, 1 by AP. They are not effectively making any of that money.

#2155 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

I have a very small collection. Houdini, WoZ, and a recent edition of a GB (with Stern Topper!). I'm leaving one available slot for a GnR LE. I can't say I'm a big music fan. I don't love or hate GnR, but from everything I'm hearing, it's a steller pin. I wouldn't be surprised it might be the pin of the year. Anyway, my money is ready and I'm pretty sure it will be an easy buy.

What is everyone hearing that makes this a stellar pin? Serious question...

#2158 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

NO, you pay 10k for the full package, then if you want the game to evolve with additional modes, content, cutscenes assets etc, keeping a 10k 300 pounds toy from going stale collecting dust, you pay for that optional addition.

They love hearing you say that!

#2226 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I mean, theres probably 5.3 million pedophiles in the world, too. Should we have a pedophile pinball machine next?
It is an aging and slowly dying well to draw from. An artist from today would have over 10 times the fan base and appeal. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this hobby is slowly dying because it likes to focus on a fan base that is also.... slowly dying.
Edit: oh look. A whole bunch of old people downvoted me for telling the truth. :/ I bet three of you yelled "get off my lawn" as you did it, too.

Yea, because 20 somethings have 12 grand laying around for pinball machine.

#2230 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

9.5K - we already talked about this!
j/k

LOL. true, true!

#2528 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I know that JJP makes a premium product and will be fine no matter what, but I can't help but feel they missed out on sales by showing after Stern, American Pinball AND Deeproot.

What has deeproot shown?

#2529 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

That's what Nvidia likely did with their 20 series graphics cards. You had the huge price increase in used cards due to the crypto mining, Nvidia saw that and priced accordingly to capture some of that, which is why they had MSRP $1,200 2080ti cards when beforehand their top TI card has always been $700-800.

This makes a ton of sense. I was looking at prices and I could not believe the prices.

1 week later
#2753 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Just posted on twitter
[quoted image]

Can we get some CSI ENHANCEMENT on these inserts to see what they say!

#2770 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Could be "PYRO"

Soo Def Leppard then!

#2795 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I see Age(s), Pyro, etc - Def Leppard?
The only thing i see that resembles GNR is the pulse insert that would be Coma.
But could it be Def Leppard (Rock of Ages, Pyromania, etc)

Thats what i said earlier, I hope to God my joke was wrong lol. I think the other people nailed it. Pyro, for stage effects or something.

#2796 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

People are getting Hysteriacal.

Look, its just a Photograph, we really should not be reading to much into it.

#2799 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Then it looks like it would spell "orgy."

Thats honestly what I see ha.

#2815 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Load up the gun for 6 ball multiball... Sounds good, 6 virtual balls locked into it... thats my guess... gobstopper disguised as a revolver and you lock virtual balls in it.

I think it might actually be Slashs tophat.

#2855 3 years ago

I bet that circle has something to do with Slashs Top Hat

#2923 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

It would’ve been great to get a single pic to talk about all weekend but I’ll just let JJP do they’re thing .With the machines they’ve built they’ve earned everyone’s “Patience”!

Soo, your saying the pin will be Paradise City!!

#2999 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Took a look at your site and it has some very impressive layouts and ideas! Hobby or ? Maybe JJP should be giving you a call !

Someone from JJP was on here and was "very fucking impressed", his words.

#3031 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

That 50 merc is badass

Is that your Charger, 68? Best year IMO ,Those tail lights!!!

#3033 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Yep, spent a few years restoring it. Mostly sits in the barn these days

Shoot!! Well hopefully its because you have other hobbies, not because its so restored you dont want to drive it..

Got any other pics?

#3041 3 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Just to throw more fire on the speculation flame. The GnR greatest hits was released this week on vinyl for the first time. Mine arrived today. [quoted image]

Quoted from Charger68:

Lost interest. More of a straightline ripper. Doesnt stop, doesnt turn

I understand that for sure, unless you have a dragstrip near by, 4.10 gearing can be a pita! . Selling? Storing to make a killing at some point?

#3044 3 years ago
Quoted from JDHHoover:

Unless this is a elaborate decoy, my 12 year old son found this on the jjp website.
Each game has its own page by name. Example is http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Games/Willy-Wonka/
Just replace willy-wonka with Guns-N-Roses and you will find a page that says “This category is no longer available”. The web code has several gnr references. Seems like they are getting ready.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Tell your son I need a money transfer, on the lowdown ha. Jk. Nice work, he has a future..

#3047 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Probably pass it down. Daughter's a gear head.

Sweet, keep me in mind!!!

1 week later
#3384 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If they weren't done after Hot Wheels abysmal sales failure.

While i dont know about sales, AIQ and GnR certainly sucked that $$$ that could have been going to hotwheels. I might be one of them.. Ill have yet to play GnR, but my funds might be going that way.. havent played either at this point.

#3403 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

It was never a bet. I never intended on paying it. A lie. A ruse. Fake. Can I spoon-feed it any more for ya?

How is this not a bet?

"$100 says no new title hits a customer's hands by year's end."

You lost, do the right thing and pay up. What kind of upbringing did you have?

#3425 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

It's Otaku 2.0!
Thanks for letting me know anything you say is complete and total bullshit.

His parents need a throat punch!

#3433 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Random question - has there ever been a pin where the ball travels up inside the head? Like not just straight back and out, but something where the ball is locked and travels vertically to the top of the head?
Just wondering.

I would tell you, but you are a liar and a troll. So there!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=Roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.