501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Reznnate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I would also argue that the age of lcd screens have ruined people’s expectations for a new game. When the idea of lcd in pinball was discussed it was always the excitement of how real footage could now be used instead of dots. Woz set a high bar, hobbit blew it up. Ever since the expectations have probably lead to disappointment for many. JP did an absolute amazing job of recreation with animation and I ended up really appreciating that game even after an initial disappointment of lack of assets. I just think these companies need to fully commit one way or another with each game and not just use a few clips or call outs mixed with in house animation.

Well said. And I have no idea what people are talking about with regard to 'lack of' Wonka video clips. The way the movie is used seems fine if not ideal to me. I don't know what more is desired and how that would improve the game. The presentation of Hobbit is fantastic but it's really only appreciated by other people watching the screen.

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Engineers do the difficult right away, the impossible just takes a bit longer and costs more.
No doubt they could have fixed the issues, but after the game was delayed 3 or 4 months at some point it's time to fish or cut bait. The company doesn't make any sales while the game is in the shop troubleshooting. Certainly those mechs are still in JJPs arsenal and can be introduced into another game, maybe even this one. If Stern can take a spinning disc from an 8-year old game and put it in their latest offering, what's to stop JJP?

Well, thanks to Stern's Stranger Things blacklight "innovation", it's now apparently fair game to ship an incomplete game with 'upgrade kits' in the future.

#275 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I think it is hard to go wrong with any JJP game; Hobbit does not do a lot for me, but even I was temped to pick one up when a local one came up for sale. That being said, I would have rather had a Wonka, or Eric's next game even

If you fully understand the Hobbit rule set, then just pass on it if it didn't grab you.

But if you're still fuzzy on the details, get one. I didn't really care for Hobbit when playing earlier code and when I was just shooting it without clearly understanding the rules/progression. I bought one during the epidemic and assumed I'd get rid of it soon, but I freaking love it. While Wonka and DI feel very similar (and good), Hobbit is quite unique.

#483 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Bose shines at making small speakers sound full and good and pinball Machine would fit the bill.
Can’t believe people are complaining about this, I’ll take it over all the POS pinball speaker options on the market.
I think it’s going to sound remarkably good with plenty of bass, no extra sub needed.
Additionally it could incorporate their SoundTouch wireless technology which would make it a stereo system to play anything through.
We have them all throughout our house and pool area and it came down to bose SoundTouch or Sonos and we thought the bose sounded better.
I’m looking forward to seeing this as long as it doesn’t add 2k to the price

Here is one explanation for Bose hate. While I do think Bose speakers cost too much for what you get, I'll never buy their products due to use of unnecessary proprietary connectors/connections.

#492 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That isn’t true, regular speaker wire works.

That's not true for the Bose Lifestyle system that was installed in my house. Unfortunately, this product wasn't available when I ripped them off the walls
https://www.vesselaudio.com/2019/08/26/bose-lifestyle-replacement/

#507 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

But will it come with a topper?

YES! And with topper innovation... a $600 std topper, $800 LE topper (numbered), $2000 CE topper (with signatures)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 months later
#2427 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

I'm always amazed at how many people are willing to post about how little the know of music and film history here. 99% of the great art is older than 30 years. Great art is for the ages!
Just because our heroes are getting grey, does not disqualify the WORK!
I still read Sutonius.
I still listen to Mozart.
I still watch The Big Sleep.
Message from the Freek Kingdom.

I think you might be heavily influenced by nostalgia. There has been genius in the past, no doubt. However, I think progress in art/music resembles progress made in science. Artists today have learned from the past and grown and extended things. The quality of art made today is simply better in many cases.

#2430 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I will agree with this, I played at a friends house and wasn't really sure what all was going on. I still don't fully know if the 'movie modes' are just shoot yzx characters that were in the scene that's still kind of dumb (IMO). I understand that other games have the same thing ST shoot the lit shot that's a mode any pinball really LotR etc. but still to me that's better than hitting a rando group of heads because they happen to be in the scene.

The launch and marketing harmed POTC. Mistakes were made.
But when POTC shipped, many new games were following too. Keefer nailed me as someone waiting on the slidelines and not buying. I was waiting to see what other vendors were going to release next. Thankfully I was watching the stream when Jack said they were cutting production. It turned on my FOMO and I started shopping for a POTC LE. I wasn't the only one. They sold out fast.

1 week later
#2759 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Looks like Oct 5th is the release date but I’m hoping leaked pics by Friday.

I'd like to see a properly executed Pinball launch. Show me what's great about the game... succinctly.
A sell-out without showing gameplay may be a successful 'theme' launch, but it's not a proper game launch.

#2875 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Yup.. one of those games you cant just judge by a few games.
Always funny to me when people put two games on something and then say it sucks forever.
I played Wonka a few times and thought it wasnt that great but I had no clue what to shoot or why.
Then had one in the house where I could learn what to do, and it became one of my favorites.

I had precisely the same experience with Hobbit. If you play it like an 80's game and don't understand the rules, the pinside negativity makes some sense.
Once I had one in the house and could learn what to do, it's become one of my favorites.

#2881 3 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I agree with you that people need to calm down on the superlatives for new designers. There is a ton of talent coming out and their games are great, but I agree people need to pump the brakes a little bit on the "best designer" talk.
That being said I don't think bringing in the number of units sold is justified in a discussion about game design and how good or bad a games is.

No controversy here. The superlatives for recent new designers like Eric M., Keith E., and Scott D. are well deserved. Their recent games have been fantastic. It's exciting to see new companies and new talent push the pinball industry forward. No one, not even Kaneda, are claiming 'GOAT!' after a few games.

#2885 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sounds great to me! Really a fun game just need to spend time on it to fully appreciate the depth.

While I don't care for the theme, the sound quality and production is great. It sounds exactly what I'd expect a Wonka pinball to sound like. It seems people are conflating theme and sound. Or perhaps it's similar to those who couldn't enjoy Iron Maiden because they hated the music. I can relate to that, but what did you expect the pin to sound like!

#2893 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think most people wanted to be a part of walking thru the movie sequences

In terms of code, quest progression or whatever, sure. I agree.
But in terms of the 'assets' comments, wtf, buy the movie.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,500 (OBO)
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Reznnate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=Reznnate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.