501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bublehead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1999 3 years ago

I’d rather have a 90’s B/W retread (aka my CGC MBrLe) than anything JJP has put out since WOZ. Not a build guilty issue, per se, but nothing JJP has done since then has ruffled my feathers (POTC being excluded due to its way to short production run). I had such high hopes on DI and Wonka, but sadly, old Universal classic monsters is a better theme than either of those polished turds. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still pinball, just not my kind of pinball fun.

#2018 3 years ago

Killed it as in making sure it is finished, code included, is his point, I believe. JJP fanbois-speak is sometimes hard to translate, but you kind of get used to it after you drink the koolaid....

#2040 3 years ago

All this thread really needs is some Stern a$$kissers to start yodeling the company line and our journey to the dark side will be complete....

#2201 3 years ago

Your target market is middle aged men looking to recapture some of the glory from their youth... and if your theme song from that period was GNR, and you are middle aged, well then JJP is probably hitting the sweet spot of their target market. I have been surprised by the performance of the retreads... i.e. JP and TMNT, so I guess a GNR retread might work as well. If I was picking a group who is relevant to my target market, it would be a toss up between GNR and U2, or Aerosmith, and well Stern already did that didn't they? Hmmmm... U2 you say? I bet Bono would do it if you donated all the profits to the rain forest preservation society...

#2277 3 years ago

GNR is just a marketing smoke screen... what they really are launching is RUSH: the 2112 Pinball Experience which you can only find and play at State and county fairs, truck and tractor pulls in the midwest, and Monster Truck rallies on the west coast. There will be a traveling company going to all the wrestling events too... all in honor of Neil Peart's passing (RIP) or it could be another Lawlor "Theme from outta Nowhere", or maybe a brand new Toy Story pin based on Commode Show's Red and Ted talking heads (although as Woody and Buzz) and you have to rescue the pinball industry from the evil Dr. Sterg

#2418 3 years ago

So what is CGC's next game going to be again? Wait, what thread am I in? Damn it! All this talk and I thought it was CGC releasing their next game... wow talk about a buzz kill... GNR? Why are people stoked about a old Data East theme retread from a band that I hear less and less from every year?? If it wasn't for WTTJ being Whodey's favorite Bengals fight song, we would hear from them even less... At least I didn't write a song so frustratingly hard to play that I hate playing it everytime I have to walk on stage... oh sweet child of mine...

#2424 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I don't know, JP did pretty well for Stern!

This is a very valid point.

#2434 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

The launch and marketing harmed POTC. Mistakes were made.
But when POTC shipped, many new games were following too. Keefer nailed me as someone waiting on the slidelines and not buying. I was waiting to see what other vendors were going to release next. Thankfully I was watching the stream when Jack said they were cutting production. It turned on my FOMO and I started shopping for a POTC LE. I wasn't the only one. They sold out fast.

I got a private lesson on JJPOTC from Eric... here is the video

I'm the big guy not wearing a hat... the other guy my friend FFejf Knar... or just Fej for short... or Jeff Rank for those not in the know.

It was during this Expo that everyone I know of who played pinball or routed pinball bought one if they could find it. There are about 5 of them owned by players in my pin league. They are bolted to most of their floors...

1 week later
#2801 3 years ago

That "Some Mech?" black hole of death is probably a gobstopper toy reimagined as some GNR relevant spinning device... maybe Pat will recoup some of that money from WW develpment by making Eric reuse it here... or it could be something completely different... my money is on a gobstopper like toy though.

#2802 3 years ago

And while I am at it, did anyone notice no drop targets? Not unless they are on an upper PF... I don't see any bank of them... with all those drop targets in Hobbit and none in GNR, where's the money?

#2805 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

You cant make a GNR without a gun right

Load up the gun for 6 ball multiball... Sounds good, 6 virtual balls locked into it... thats my guess... gobstopper disguised as a revolver and you lock virtual balls in it.

#2808 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

For the record, the three games after Hobbit are DI, POTC and WW. How many drop targets?

I just like drop targets... they are a staple of pinball mechs... and they act as barricades and dividers, and locking mechs and... well you get a lot of milage out of a set of drops. It allows for whole banks to be scored in one shot, if your good enough... so shoot me if I point it out this has no banks of drops, so it has 2 strikes already. First strike is it's GNR, which has not been one of my band favorites, because in Ohio, where I grew up, well we have heard our share (and then some) of GNR. Right @who-dey? Don't want to piss off the GNR crowd... but not sure I can take Welcome to the Jungle in large quanities if I owned one at home. It may still be a winner, because, well it is Eric...

#2835 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Where's your money Mr. BOP, South Park, Monster Bash, Central park?

in my Family Guy and Pinbot if you must insist

#2931 3 years ago

I'm hyped for the new Eric design, but bummed about the theme. So I guess I am Hummed.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2974 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Upper right flipper bank shot off of the sling with a switch to the center lane up top for super skill shot?

Jeeeesssssuuuuus this going to be a fricken long weekend.

Says the guy waiting on Covid19 test results...

#2980 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Do you think we’ll get a teaser GnR pic from Eric today?

sure, another blurry, half focused picture of a line of sculpts or mechs that will look sorta like a top hat or rose or gun... we all need that today, right?

#2995 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What the fuck is your problem?

Certainly not anything coming out of your pie hole. Take powder Francis.

#3002 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dude watch your mouth

Says they guy dropping the first f bomb. Class act there dude.

#3021 3 years ago

Ok, what in this picture that excites me is not his NIB perch, or his nonchalant semi axle look, but the pallets and pallets of parts in the background in boxes... pins for the masses.

#3022 3 years ago

Ok, is it just me, or does the reflection in his glasses show someone playing a pinball machine?

#3024 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Dude, you must have killer eyesight because I can’t make out anything. However, if it’s true that would be a cool subtle hint.

In the right lens (our right, his left) I see a silhouette of a back box and playfield with someone playing it wearing a very white or light color shirt and the dark spot above that looks like the person’s head. You can only tell it’s a machine with someone in front of it, no other detail.

#3026 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Yep. I kind of see it. Looks like someone in jeans to me.

Makes sense... his hard work is done, why not do some “play testing” on the company dime? Only downside- NO BEER!

#3054 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Wow you got three downvotes for this who did you piss off

I guess some Axl loving - hard core panty-bunching - JJP fanboys somehow got the Idea that I’m not a fan of JJP, GNR, or Eric, and so are taking all my post as sarcastic pokes at all three. Not sure where they got that idea... I thought it was quite clear that I think POTC is JJP’s best title to date, and I loved Eric’s design on it (see my post with the YT vid of our personal POTC lesson we got at Expo), and that although not my all time favorite band, I like Slash, not so much Axl, but Paradise City never gets old, just WTTJ since I grew up in and am originally from Dayton, Ohio, where the Bengals (who I still root for) kind of rode it into the ground. So your guess is as good as mine...

#3094 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

There is zero chance that people have the game already. Kman is full of shit. There would be leaks if people had the game. Period.

People’s homes means “people who have signed NDA’s”... And those “people” are most likely JJP employees or VIPs. Wouldn’t you think JJP would open up actual first dibs to VIPs and people working in the company anyways?

Not defending Kman but it would surprise me that there are NOT any GNR’s in private homes already.

#3097 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I still think leaks would happen regardless of NDA’s. Sure Jersey Jack might have one but as soon as more than a couple games go out there would be leaks. It would be impossible to prove where they came from.

People usually don’t jeopardize their livelihood by leaking pics of their employers products against their wishes, and the list of VIP’s would most likely be a very short list. And to use the plural of house you only need two homes... Slash and Jersey Jack fits that count.

#3149 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Do you really think a map will kick ass

If it easily tells me where I am in regards to how far into the game I have gotten, then sure, maps totally Kick booty

#3219 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

I think the Pinside initials for this game should be AGBGoaWT2 or AGBGoaWT2020.

It takes a minute for this to sink in and make sense... but wait for it...

#3224 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

It takes a minute for this to sink in and make sense... but wait for it...

OK, now that you remembered what all those letters stand for... this is actually looking like AGBgoWT had sex with an AC/DC machine while IMDN was watching and jerking off in a corner. And the un-holy trinity threesom produced the most kick ass Rock Themed Pinball Machine ever!!! Can't wait to flip this scalded dog...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bublehead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon?tu=Bublehead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.