New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 269636)

New JJP Teaser Video

By jhoward1082

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,698 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Zwovr6
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 115 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

41037653-A213-407A-AAC5-80BFBC729E5C (resized).png
    220DEC90-CEC6-4944-9DF0-4E70D95152FD (resized).jpeg
    E9B5EA23-8A57-4D48-9EEA-43228C9136D6 (resized).jpeg
    3469EA26-2A4F-4B9E-BD09-C790C59EACC3.jpeg
    Gamera13 (resized).jpg
    89E96FCB-E549-4AEC-B248-F7EF388EF258 (resized).png
    JJP2020Octwarmup (resized).jpg
    CE19C131-8A67-4AFF-BAEB-3170D6CD1232 (resized).jpeg
    5FB99A3E-3832-4B64-8542-BD28A0ECD8F4 (resized).jpeg
    EBB4C3D2-0511-47F9-B483-C84B2EBA9BC2 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    78A3981F-B623-4B4A-981F-4222478FA62D (resized).jpeg
    1927C7E1-88D0-4D42-8160-BB163FE3544F (resized).jpeg
    jjp6 (resized).png
    JJP (resized).png
    4ffn3m (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1139 38 days ago

Here is my pipe dream list for GnR Pin
    Back playfield is elevated stage playing field with LCD behind the back (behind a plexiglass) changing much like a Guns and Roses concert. Attached link to example. Ramps on the stage can me incorporated to ramps on the pinball playfield

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Guns-N-Roses-Not-In-This-Lifetime-Las-Vegas-November-2017.jpg

Would love to see a Dracula type set up like in Monster Bash, where slash comes out from behind stacked Amps and you need to hit him a few times before his solo is done.

Night train should be a bash toy that give the train whistle sound everytime its hit

Members elevate up from under the playfield to show up on stage, obviously Axl would be the last to come out, and they are bash toys. Collect all the members, much like MB, and their instruments.

#1148 38 days ago
    Quoted from Freakyguy666:

As Steven Tyler would say, Dream On!
    Especially given Pat Lawlor’s apparent jealousy of Eric was responsible for getting rid of the subway in GnR....you really think he’d let Eric upstage him again (pun intended!)??

Well it would kind of be innovative to have the back wall of the playfield as an LCD screen behind plexiglass that plays images like a concert. Dude I would love that so much! Maybe only available in the LE, CE version. Oh man, that would totally rock. And I can see an elevated playfield in the back being a concert stage. GnR uses a train horn at their shows a lot, so I can see that being a sound added to the game on something that is hit. Excited to see what JJP will come up with, good thing I'm not on that team or the budget would be blown lol.

#1152 38 days ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Sounds kind of freaky-deaky but think I like it. it would work well and we’ll see if the idea takes hold or if it is already incorporated.

I just found out Magic Girl did this concept. That machine is beautiful and the most expensive pinball machine I've ever seen. I was thinking more LCD screen taking up the whole width of the cabinet.

#1161 37 days ago
    Quoted from schwts:

What game is this that they are working on?
    [quoted image]

Its Wonka. 100% Wonka.

#1239 33 days ago
    Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

Everyone is aware that a GNR pin would have GNR music right? That's gotta be a hard pass.

lol, still waiting for that Justin Bieber pin?

#1241 33 days ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Nope, just almost any rock music that doesn't include the most whiny, grating voice of all time.
    I thought I could get by with any theme, but jjp has chosen one of the rare stinkers that I can never own... Now I have to wait a year for likely another recycled, outdated theme that very few give a damn about. Theme choice is a massive weakness for this company.

Heard they are coming out with Toy Story, so maybe Tim Allens voice is more your cup of tea.

#1243 29 days ago

Heard from 2 reliable sources that JJPs next pin will NOT be GnR. Instead it will be Toy Story.

GnR is actually done and was scheduled to come out before Toy Story, but...well....that's all I can say.

#1245 29 days ago
    Quoted from wesman:

If that's true, saves me some $$$$.

Unfortunately my two sources are SUPER solid, they don't know each other, are both well connected and told me the same thing. The reason why its not the next pin is also really pathetic, so pathetic it makes me angry.

I really hope my two sources are wrong, but the fact they both told me the same thing, and the way they are connected, makes me believe they are right. Hoepfully JJP changes their mind, but looks like Toy Story is next.

#1247 29 days ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

So you have no info to share but it’s solid. Gotcha.

I have to respect that JJP doesn't want details public.

I will say this, I'll give you a general idea why JJP decided to release Toy Story before GnR. Toy Story is safer. Now you can interpret that in a few ways, get creative with it. Wish I could tell you more, but I have to respect JJP. I just hope JJP changes their mind and releases Guns N Roses. Also if JJP is somehow reading this, I want to say that Guns N Roses, could break up, you never know, and IP could be fought over again between members, and that could hold up your release, or change it if Axl decides he doesn't want certain members on the pin....so JJP, rethink your approach, and release Guns before all that Research and development was all wasted!

#1252 29 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

If you really respected JJP. You wouldn't have posted in two threads about this in the first place.
    Lloyd

Well everyone knows they are coming out with GnR and Toy Story, I just told people the order. No biggie. No real SPOILER, the respect part is I'm not telling the people WHY they decided to go that route. Also I'm really pissed at the reason, so yes, I'm am being respectful by not discussing the reason, and the reason had me amped up to type it in two topics about GnR pin.

#1266 29 days ago
    Quoted from Noma2017:

IF this were true, I could see it being that GNR has said some particularly non-PC things in the past. Most bands have but just wondering...

Isn't it pathetic that the current political climate could have an impact on the release of a pinball machine because of what a band has done or said in the past? Let me just remind JJP that GnR was the most profitable touring band in 2016 2017 and 2018.

#1269 29 days ago
    Quoted from Noma2017:

Agreed it would be pathetic, just playing the game on this rumor. Hope not true

#1278 29 days ago
    Quoted from sandro:

I would say that it's pathetic that respecting our fellow humans would take a backseat to playing a game people even haven't seen yet. Companies are free to ignore what people they choose to market or promote have done or said in the past, but risk seeing the result on the bottom line. Others in this thread have voted with their wallet simply because JJP didn't *market* their next game well. I can't even begin to imagine supporting a company that promotes racist, sexist, and/or homophobic speech.

See that's being part of the problem.

You're telling me in your whole life you've never said or did something you regret, and that you're a better person now?
    If you follow the band they are not racist, homophobic or sexist. The band also has a two black members, and a woman. Finally, they did have a song that illustrated what you said, but it was a long time ago, and they actually edited the song on future releases of it. People learn. Guns N Roses were a young band. You're telling me 18 year old you and 40 year old you is the same person? No, we mature. Cancel culture is toxic, it doesn't allow people to grow.

Finally speaking of sexist. AC/DC was a great selling pin, Aerosmith, Metallica, etc. were as well. JJP shouldn't fear cancel culture, its discouraging that the if you're loud and ignorant, you get to dictate where we go as a society. Lots of people casting stones and need to worry about themselves first. This whole cancel culture has ruined comedy, television, news, etc. People are all living in fear of offending someone else.

#1279 29 days ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Do you really think this is some random person? C'mon now - pretty clear on what's going on. It's like I can hear him out loud as I read these messages.
    I'm totally bummed if GnR is really bumped for Toy Story. I get it though, great IP - but not something I would be interested in.

Just to address this for future, I have no idea who you think I am, but I'm not him/her. I heard kenada already, I actually never heard of that person. Never saw any of that persons posts. I have no idea what the history is there. However, I can confirm I am random and also I can confirm I will no longer post information I hear. I hear a lot and never post anything, but this particular issue angered me because the reasoning behind JJPs rumored decision, which I basically already addressed. I wanted people to know and fight for GnR release, I think its pathetic they are holding it back due to being scared or reception. All music pins have history and they all sell well. Just do it JJP.

P.S I knew people wouldn't believe my source/information, that is why I posted also about this Friday's Stern announcement, to validate that I know what I'm talking about. I also know what the announcement is, but holding that information back so I don't spoil Sterns surprise.

#1362 28 days ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Toy Story would be a home run. GnR at best a double

You look at the top pins, and most of them are music themed, AC/DC, Iron Madien, Metallica. Now you take a better band than those 3, and add Jersey Jack quality to it, and you have a HIT! It's a perfect formula for success

#1364 28 days ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

Yes it was a movie for 5-7 year old kids. Those kids are now in there 30s and buying pinballs.

30 year olds suffered through two recessions, and most of them live with their parents, if they don't live with their parents, they are struggling to own, or rent a house. Wrong market to sell pinball machines to. Kind of feel sorry for 30 year olds as life is harder for them financially, generally speaking.

#1457 27 days ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

I hear from a source close to JJP that PTC might be the next game!

Reason Pirates stopped production was because it cost to much to produce, and there was a ton of problems with them.

#1542 23 days ago
    Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

GnR heading to Australia? That's been the news for a while, but a controversial podcaster says they have been on the boat for weeks (remember JJP photo of Eric and boxes?). In a thread yesterday it was mentioned Toy Story is not the next out by another podcaster. Maybe it's time ... time for GnFnR!

lol. Okay didn't know podcasters had access to cargo information on boats now. Interesting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 37.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Cento Creations
    $ 79.00
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 107.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 122.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Great American Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 19.99
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 9.95
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Loop Combo Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Hardware
    Police Force Spinner Out of stock
    Tucson Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 25.00
    Lighting - Led
    Pinshakers
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside