501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 69.
#401 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Keep saying trolls to everyone

No just you. If the shoe fits...

#402 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Another teaser to piss everyone off. This was posted on their Facebook.
[quoted image]

It looks like GNR was all just a diversion to the real game Back to the Future Trilogy Pinball! 30,600 amps = 1.21 gigawatts, and 4/27/20 is in the past so yet another indicator.

Now there's a theme that would make me drop almost $10k on a pin again.

#403 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

[quoted image]

Twitter too.

https://twitter.com/JJPinball/status/1268216175944761344?s=19

#404 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I thought it was requirements for each game to power the flippers.
LTG : )

Eric must have really outdone himself this time.

#405 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

that cannon shot in POTC is pretty innovative if u ask me

That cannon shot is cool and well implemented, but it's not innovative at all.

Been done many times before. Probably missing a bunch, but you can find that technology used in the following:

Sega Star Wars
Terminator 2
AC DC
STTNG
Dirty Harry
TWD premium
Austin Powers
Batman Forever

#406 3 years ago

Could the GNR be a cabinet shaped like a giant guitar amp/speaker?

Or is it BTTF?

#407 3 years ago

This bttf hope is not worth your time. Kaneda’s already seen the long rumored gnr game. The amount of amperage to power a seriously big concert is the hint. Bttf from jjp would be epic though. Can’t wait to see gnr hopefully soon.

#408 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It looks like GNR was all just a diversion to the real game Back to the Future Trilogy Pinball! 30,600 amps = 1.21 gigawatts, and 4/27/20 is in the past so yet another indicator.

Where did you get the 30,600 to 1.21 gigawatt conversion? Not sure that pans out....

#409 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Where did you get the 30,600 to 1.21 gigawatt conversion? Not sure that pans out....

How much power is a gigawatt?

The gigawatt (GW) is equal to one billion (109) watts or 1 gigawatt = 1000 megawatts. This unit is often used for large power plants or power grids.

#410 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

[quoted image]

It all makes sense now...

GNR_Maxell.JPGGNR_Maxell.JPG
#411 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

No just you. If the shoe fits...

That shoe doesn't fit. U cut off the rest of what I said. Nice try.

#412 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Uh no he has a rational opinion,yours is based on stupidity!

Well I can't argue with that. Its tough to make any kind of comment regarding upcoming games and how one person loves something and another has no time. Vs threads. "a dark day for stern" remember that? its all stupid. Its a giant toy for giant kids. The last thing I want to be is rational. I'd like to hear this announcement and see GnR. This is all a bonus, and I likey.

#413 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Isn't that just showing the power rating for their new facility? Not related to some pin announcement etc.

It's not really the power rating for the building, it's the available fault current. The way I understand it, it has more to do with the power grid than the building. If you are in an industrial area there is probably a high available fault rating so the switch gear needs to be rated to not explode if there is a fault in the street (or wherever). Probably just looked like a cool big number to the person that posted it.

#414 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don’t think that’s correct. Although I’d be in!!!

#415 3 years ago

Maybe someone could just call Schwan and ask them if they saw any GnR or BttF related items laying around while installing the panel....

#416 3 years ago

If its BTTF Im going to crap in my pants like right now and if its true this whole thing was a diversion.. wow, just wow.

#417 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

If its BTTF Im going to crap in my pants like right now and if its true this whole thing was a diversion.. wow, just wow.

Just remember, Eric said "If you think wifi is innovation...hold on to your hats!".

Now, if he said "If you think wifi is innovation...you're going to see some serious shit!" . . .

#418 3 years ago

High power= high wattage sound system. The first music pin that actually sounds good. Extra speakers for surround sound. 4/27 because it's my birthday and I wanted to buy myself a GnR pinball for my birthday. Solved. Ha!

#419 3 years ago

I thought this was a Tesla pin. The real Tesla, not the Government-subsidized one. If it's BttF I hope they can actually use Michael J Fox's face on the playfield this time.

#420 3 years ago

Warning arc flash?

N.Tesla (resized).JPGN.Tesla (resized).JPG
#421 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

It's not BTTF.

100% GNR.

#422 3 years ago

Looks like it will have some serious sound/music amps!

#423 3 years ago

Ampere interrupting capacity indicates the maximum fault current in amps, also known as the AIC rating. Alice in Chains pinball! BOOM!

I would totally be into an Alice in Chains pinball.

#424 3 years ago

If this ends up being better sound it will be a huge let down.

#425 3 years ago

It's Charlie Watts birthday ... posted today on Facebook by Slash. Birthday was yesterday.

(Drummer for Rolling Stones)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#426 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

That cannon shot is cool and well implemented, but it's not innovative at all.
Been done many times before. Probably missing a bunch, but you can find that technology used in the following:
Sega Star Wars
Terminator 2
AC DC
STTNG
Dirty Harry
TWD premium
Austin Powers
Batman Forever

Its innovative how they integrate it into the game....the canon on AC/DC and TWD is a let down to say the least....shooting a ball into the ship and then having it blow up is pretty clever/innovative....lets face it pinball isn't a technology driver...its all pretty old school stuff....

#427 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If this ends up being better sound it will be a huge let down.

Yea better sound is an easy aftermarket upgrade... hope the reveal isn't something that we're already doing...

#428 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

the canon on AC/DC and TWD is a let down to say the least

You obviously have never stacked TWD crossbow mode with a multiball. It's always active; you're picking off walkers while juggling multiball with huge scoring potential. Most intense implementation of a "cannon" I've ever seen.

#429 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

It's Charlie Watts birthday ... posted today on Facebook by Slash. Birthday was yesterday.
(Drummer for Rolling Stones)

I’d shit myself if they did a Stones pin. Ronnie Wood has a birthday this week too.

#430 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You obviously have never stacked TWD crossbow mode with a multiball. It's always active; you're picking off walkers while juggling multiball with huge scoring potential. Most intense implementation of a "cannon" I've ever seen.

There is similar multiball juggling with the canon in POTC. You need to land the ship shot from the canon to start qualified Curse of the Black Pearl Multiball and from then on out during multiball you need to load the canon and shoot the ship again for jackpots.

#431 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

30,600 watts = 3.06 gigawatts

#432 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

30,600 watts = 3.06 gigawatts

I was just joking, didn't do any math. Looks like there's enough energy to go back or forward in time twice!

#433 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Ampere interrupting capacity indicates the maximum fault current in amps, also known as the AIC rating. Alice in Chains pinball! BOOM!
I would totally be into an Alice in Chains pinball.

Lane sounds 10000 times better than the ear-splitting William Rose, but both would suck as a jjp machine. Have you guys forgotten that Jack insists on family friendly pins? A metal pin by jjp will suck, I promise you. Plus it will sound like a slot machine mixed with a band unless they got rid of their sound guy.

Automatic pass. I hope the next one is cool so I can support the company again.

#434 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I was just joking, didn't do any math. Looks like there's enough energy to go back or forward in time twice!

How people thought you were serious is beyond me.

#435 3 years ago

Maybe new pin is stuffed with animatronics .You would need a lot of power to run these dudes .Just saying tour is canceled .lmao

3C0B49D5-D46B-4E1F-ABB3-DD5A455CC308 (resized).jpeg3C0B49D5-D46B-4E1F-ABB3-DD5A455CC308 (resized).jpeg
#436 3 years ago

Kaneda reporting the innovation is a Bose sound system. Let’s hope that’s not the case as that would be ridiculously underwhelming.

The worst part......I think it’s true as it lines up with that recent teaser. The original GnR also said it was the loudest pinball game of its time.

I’ll hold off until I see it with my own eyes but at face vale- jjp marketing should hang their hand in shame if this is true

#437 3 years ago

Maybe the innovation is a spinning speaker with magnets that hold the balls when it spins. Sounds familiar for some reason.

#438 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Kaneda reporting the innovation is a Bose sound system. Let’s hope that’s not the case as that would be ridiculously underwhelming.
The worst part......I think it’s true as it lines up with that recent teaser. The original GnR also said it was the loudest pinball game of its time.
I’ll hold off until I see it with my own eyes but at face vale- jjp marketing should hang their hand in shame if this is true

It will be more than just bose, but the Bose news is pretty sweet.

#439 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So has Kanadah gushed about it changing pinball, ordered his and then cancelled it yet? That's his MO, isn't it?

#440 3 years ago

Wouldn’t a Bose sound system add significantly to the BOM, meaning other things will be cut out or the price will be higher?

#441 3 years ago

Does it have a Tesla battery too so we can play it anywhere we want?

#442 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hey JJP if it is a new bad ass sound system, that’s awesome! but please do not use your slot machine sound package on this game.

#443 3 years ago

Schwan electric is a real electric contractor in Chicago so I wouldn't speculate too much about that sticker.
It's likely the power rating of some equipment they got for their assembly line.

Maybe the revolution has to do with building process and not pinball.

#444 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Maybe the revolution has to do with building process and not pinball.

Maybe it’s for the curing oven they’re going to use to make in-house, rock-solid playfields. Which would be good but not innovative. Otherwise, 99% of buyers don’t really care how the sausage is made only that it’s good.

#445 3 years ago

Bose ain't all that great, doubt it'd be much better than current aftermarket systems. Are they including an external sub with it?

"No highs, no lows... must be Bose!"

#446 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Wouldn’t a Bose sound system add significantly to the BOM, meaning other things will be cut out or the price will be higher?

I’d pay 2-3 hundred more for a major improvement in sound on a music pin. And GNR seems like exactly the right theme. Better than a Wonkavator or POTC Starmap.

#447 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

It will be more than just bose, but the Bose news is pretty sweet.

Bose ? Bose sucks, they just have really (as in really really) good marketing people.

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Bose ain't all that great, doubt it'd be much better than current aftermarket systems. Are they including an external sub with it?
"No highs, no lows... must be Bose!"

LoL, I always heard it stood for Better Off w Something Else.

Seriously though, Bose can sound half way decent for such a generally small package but are always really over priced.

#449 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

God forbid they actually led for once.

They do lead.... in pricing and time to finish a game run.

A speaker upgrade is "innovation"... Wow... if that's their definition of a hat holding whopper... I just can't wait to see what they thing a reasonable price is.

#450 3 years ago

450 posts in seven days, and absolutely nothing to show for all the discussion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 210.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/9?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.