501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 69.
#351 3 years ago

"Continue" feature, but on steroids.

$0.50 per ball, unlimited buy-in.

How badly do you want to make that wizard mode?

This might actually work pretty well if the final score was total points divided by number of balls played.

#352 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

"Continue" feature, but on steroids.
$0.50 per ball, unlimited buy-in.
How badly do you want to make that wizard mode?
This might actually work pretty well if the final score was total points divided by number of balls played.

Well we've always heard the buy-in feature didn;t work well on location...but maybe it's time to give it another try

#353 3 years ago

It's 100% GNR unless JJP throw a curve ball to end all curve balls!

This should/could easily be best JJP game so far.

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well we've always heard the buy-in feature didn;t work well on location...but maybe it's time to give it another try

Yeah it'd be iffy whether it catches on.. I'm thinking casual players wouldn't like it, but maybe make it a hold-flipper startup option for players who either want to see the depths of the game, or want to set a 1-ball high score...

#355 3 years ago

Have they done OLED in a playfield yet?

#356 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Wonka a better theme than Iron Maiden? To each their own
Wonka shoots smooth as butter, I'll give it that.

Wonka all day. Maiden (theme) is terrible. So cheesy.

#357 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wonka all day. Maiden is terrible. So cheesy.

Not everyone can be purple guy with cylinder on chocolate river serious! XD

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I feel the exact opposite, but I’m a maiden fan.. I havnt really been into Willy Wonka since I was a kid.

#359 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Having owned Maiden, i certainly wouldn't call it terrible. Does a lot of things right, I just couldn't stand the theme. The shots all sorta felt lucky if I made them, too. Otherwise a great game with pretty much zero toys.

Oh yeah, absolutely terrific callouts in that game.

#360 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Having owned Maiden, i certainly wouldn't call it terrible. Does a lot of things right, I just couldn't stand the theme. The shots all sorta felt lucky if I made them, too. Otherwise a great game with pretty much zero toys.

Maiden is an AWESOME game. Some of the best call outs ever. Theme is terrible

#361 3 years ago

Seriously, Wonka theme is super lame unless you're 12 yrs old. TMNT, don't get me started. What's next Pokemon and Teletubbies????

Pinball prices are up and there is not a single new title I can imagine wanting to own. Maybe GnR will change that, we'll see.

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Seriously, Wonka theme is super lame unless you're 12 yrs old. TMNT, don't get me started. What's next Pokemon and Teletubbies????
Pinball prices are up and there is not a single new title I can imagine wanting to own. Maybe GnR will change that, we'll see.

Bring on another remake!

#363 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Luckily millions of fans across the globe disagree

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I’m 55 and I love my Wonka pinball machine,I wish I was one of the badass cool guys.

#365 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I had a IM LE for about a month and couldn't wait to get rid of it.....I guess everyone has different taste in pinball games, which is cool .... IMHO POTC is a game u need in a home environment so u can truly enjoy everything the game offers....it never gets repetitive as theres so many ways to play the game....IM shoots ok, but the theme blows....JP is another game that shoots well, but it feels like a cartoon dinosaur game to me....the JP theme is awesome, but with essentially zero assets it was a no go for me.

Lol. IM theme blows but everyone needs a jjp potc in their home... The game is a recycled theme (just like stupid Ninja turtles), and a theme that was long past any relevance. I put hours into the game and just didn't find it that good. The ramps seemed off to me, and the ship simply wasn't fun. I had the cash ready and didn't end up buying it. Still glad I didn't, aside from resale.

I love jjp and was an early buyer of dialed in, but they swing and miss just like everyone else.

#366 3 years ago

I’m guessing it going to be a special limited run release of ruby red Wizard of Oz all numbered #1939

#367 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Lol. IM theme blows but everyone needs a jjp potc in their home... The game is a recycled theme (just like stupid Ninja turtles), and a theme that was long past any relevance. I put hours into the game and just didn't find it that good. The ramps seemed off to me, and the ship simply wasn't fun. I had the cash ready and didn't end up buying it. Still glad I didn't, aside from resale.
I love jjp and was an early buyer of dialed in, but they swing and miss just like everyone else.

I’ve owned both and IMDN has incredible flow, with JJPOTC more like an old Bally widebody, with new tech. So they are too different to compare. The maelstrom ramp is pretty satisfying imo, with the ladder ramp just a means to get to the ship. Apples to oranges, both are great. I can’t really compare my STLE to TZ either...

#368 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Glad you liked DI, a total classic!

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Love the Maiden theme and other nuts, Bingo, agree, love the tons of shots but feel game is played too much in the middle, it’s fun and fast and different but other than the shots no toys or interesting things in game which is a total shame after all these years I wanted it made, the higher scoring helps as previous Sterns have not had in game like JJP low scoring, Love the call outs and voice in Iron Maiden. Never played chocolate factory but classic movie. Just want a JJP game that plays fast With great shots like a Steve R pin if u know what I mean. JJP game are so packed with things but missing that 1 2/punch feel. We need both to make a great one someday like when breweries create a beer together.

#370 3 years ago

Almost a week. Nothing still?

If you’re going to try to steal someone’s thunder, at least do it properly.

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Almost a week. Nothing still?
If you’re going to try to steal someone’s thunder, at least do it properly.

Easier said then done,
It's heavy like a tank!

1781555-operation_thunder (resized).jpg1781555-operation_thunder (resized).jpg
#372 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

And you think Wonka is a great theme?

Dated, with questionable motives.

And I get people don't like Maiden music, but do people like the music in Wonka? Really?

#373 3 years ago

Teaser was this really...

#374 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’m 55 and I love my Wonka pinball machine,I wish I was one of the badass cool guys.

I love these comments. If u say a kiddie type theme is kiddie ur a "badass cool guy".
Don't like DI's lame characters and sparkly cell phone ur a "badass cool guy"
that's weak, last week.
Soy boy mentality at its best.
I agree Maiden isn't for everybody, but neither is Wonka. U know this could be why people have trouble with the JJP fanboys. U can't say anything. They are like the feminists of the pinball world. Watch, I'll be deemed a troll for my opinion. I just want to see this "innovation" and excited to see GnR pics/videos.

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And you think Wonka is a great theme?
Dated, with questionable motives.
And I get people don't like Maiden music, but do people like the music in Wonka? Really?

Wonka's theme... I don't love it. (But it isn't a negative like maiden is to me). The callouts are garbage on it too. Otherwise a nice machine.

#376 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

U know this could be why people have trouble with the JJP fanboys. U can't say anything. They are like the feminists of the pinball world.

Being a said jjp fanboy, I don't totally disagree with that statement. But then again everyone likes what they like and defends them accordingly. You have to admit that the games are all pretty damn awesome, however. I'm a fan because they're fucking terrific, and not because I feel some need to defend them outside of that.

Much like chuckwurt will defend every stern ever made. That, equally, confuses me. I feel a flaming turd of a game from them he will still love.... but I have no room to talk as Hobbit is in my top 5 favorite games ever. Lol

#377 3 years ago

Maybe I'll own a POTC one day to give it a longer run. But from many games on site the left side of the pf is very cool, the right side is just boring, with that rocking playfield feeling very tedious to me.

Really wanted to love Wonka, feedback from the community isn't great but I've yet to play it. The direction of the code raises a question in my head, would have like to see something more traditional in terms of modes, multiballs, etc. something closer to LOTR/Hobbit. But I get that JJP try to do something different with every game.

As far as innovation, please let it be something to do with gameplay and ball manipulation. And nothing to do with millenial pleasing tech such as wifi, online, bluetooth, phones, etc.

#378 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Derail this thread slightly - sorry!
What would you do
Turtles LE
Wait for JJP game announcement (although GNR & Toy Story don’t appeal to me much)
Rumour of Elwin & Joe K on BTTF - if that’s anything like BM66 quality - (code) I’m in..
3rd World problems I know..

BTTF if it even happens won’t be until next year. You really gonna wait?

#379 3 years ago

I love these comments. If u say a kiddie type theme is kiddie ur a "badass cool guy".
that's weak, last week.
When the ahole Canadian comes in here and calls anyone who likes Wonka a 12 year old child I guess I do respond that way.As far your opinion I don’t give a shit your just come here to criticize anyone that likes JJP

#380 3 years ago

man let's get this topic back on track. I'm to blame as well for responding too but let's try to get back to the topic at hand rather than discussing why Wonka or IMDN is a bad or good theme or POTC, etc.

#381 3 years ago

Seriously...wtf are they waiting for? It’s shit or get off the pot time for JJP if you ask me.

If they were ready for a reveal at TPF back in April how can they not be ready now?

#382 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

man let's get this topic back on track. I'm to blame as well for responding too but let's try to get back to the topic at hand rather than discussing why Wonka or IMDN is a bad or good theme or POTC, etc.

But the banter is the only thing keeping the thread going, and is better than rehashing JJP’s continued crappy introductions. And by introductions I mean teasing, launching and actually shipping the game.

#383 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If they were ready for a reveal at TPF back in April how can they not be ready now?

They had to move their factory (during a pandemic)

#384 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

that's weak, last week.
Soy boy mentality at its best.
I agree Maiden isn't for everybody, but neither is Wonka. U know this could be why people have trouble with the JJP fanboys. U can't say anything. They are like the feminists of the pinball world. Watch, I'll be deemed a troll for my opinion. I just want to see this "innovation" and excited to see GnR pics/videos.

Here is a tip. If pinsiders continually call you a troll, you probably are a troll. Soy boy, feminists of the pinball world...I don't even know where to start. Plus your hatred for anyone that is a fan of JJP. You exist on this forum to shit on JJP and shill Stern. That is really all I know of you.

#385 3 years ago

Manufacturers (JJP, Deeproot, whoever) should realize that everyone's patience is pretty thin with everything right now.
The announcement of an announcement of something cool just doesn't build anticipation or "buzz" like it normally would. It's just annoying.

#386 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

They had to move their factory (during a pandemic)

That was planned before the pandemic started. It’s not like they showed up on a random Monday in March and said let’s move. That was in the works probably last year I’ll venture.

Remember, these were supposed to be revealed at TPF and ship within a couple weeks. That means things would have been well in order prior to all of these events.

#387 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Manufacturers (JJP, Deeproot, whoever) should realize that everyone's patience is pretty thin with everything right now.
The announcement of an announcement of something cool just doesn't build anticipation or "buzz" like it normally would. It's just annoying.

That's how marketing works. Good or bad press is still press. Take this thread for example.... 386 posts of attention and build up. Every "I can't wait!" or "This teaser was only created to take away from TMNT and there won't be anything for months!" is all the same when it comes to marketing. So if anything that video did exactly what they wanted it to do.

#388 3 years ago

That's not how marketing works. Yes, short term there is chatter about the announcement but bad press is bad press. That leaves a lasting impression on buyers. Take for example, their roll out of POTC. Great game, horrible press. Lots of people talked about it. But problem is a lot of people bailed on a good game because how they handled their message to buyers. By the time demand started to increase, they halted on production. JJP makes a good product... I just wish they focused a bit more on their messaging. They tend to make announcements before they are ready. Creating a nondescript teaser to buy time does not help them...especially based on what they have done in the past.

#389 3 years ago

If chicago is anything like la, i’m sure they are more concerned about the violence and looting then they are about announcing anything

#390 3 years ago
Quoted from Cruster:

If chicago is anything like la, i’m sure they are more concerned about the violence and looting then they are about announcing anything

It's the Pinball Bubble.

All I saw on Twitter this past week, well and more, was an overwhelming amount of sad information. Here, it's like nothing in the outside world is occurring. Which, I'm kind of thankful for.. it's nice to have less war, more respite.

Maybe next week, JJP will make an announcement.

#391 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This is a hot take. It's an incorrect take, but a hot take nonetheless.

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

When the ahole Canadian comes in here and calls anyone who likes Wonka a 12 year old child I guess I do respond that way.As far your opinion I don’t give a shit your just come here to criticize anyone that likes JJP

Wow, u really need some help.

Quoted from Palmer:

Soy boy, feminists of the pinball world...I don't even know where to start.

How about looking in the mirror.

Quoted from Palmer:

Plus your hatred for anyone that is a fan of JJP

The comment that proves my point. Never said that.

So its ok to hate themes unless its JJP? U guys are the best. Keep saying trolls to everyone who has any issue with JJP and u simply strengthen my views. I mean fuck face above used the Canadian card.

What a joke.

#393 3 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

But the banter is the only thing keeping the thread going, and is better than rehashing JJP’s continued crappy introductions. And by introductions I mean teasing, launching and actually shipping the game.

Hey Romulus its another troll. Get him.

Ur quite right sir, in fact this whole site is mostly based on and fun due to the banter. I love it.

#394 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

That's not how marketing works. Yes, short term there is chatter about the announcement but bad press is bad press. That leaves a lasting impression on buyers. Take for example, their roll out of POTC. Great game, horrible press. Lots of people talked about it. But problem is a lot of people bailed on a good game because how they handled their message to buyers. By the time demand started to increase, they halted on production. JJP makes a good product... I just wish they focused a bit more on their messaging. They tend to make announcements before they are ready. Creating a nondescript teaser to buy time does not help them...especially based on what they have done in the past.

I guess marketing in pinball could be different since it's a smaller market, but I disagree and say a teaser does help them here in keeping them relevant in discussions today. Without that teaser there wouldn't be this thread so it did exactly what they wanted. I do however agree that if they are going to do a teaser at least give a date when there will be a reveal which also keeps them in check on making sure they can produce the product.

Anyways, I'm excited to see what this innovation is even though I know I'm not getting this machine.

#395 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Hey Romulus its another troll. Get him.

Ur quite right sir, in fact this whole site is mostly based on and fun due to the banter. I love it.

Uh no he has a rational opinion,yours is based on stupidity!

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

I guess marketing in pinball could be different since it's a smaller market, but I disagree and say a teaser does help them here in keeping them relevant in discussions today. Without that teaser there wouldn't be this thread so it did exactly what they wanted. I do however agree that if they are going to do a teaser at least give a date when there will be a reveal which also keeps them in check on making sure they can produce the product.
Anyways, I'm excited to see what this innovation is even though I know I'm not getting this machine.

I guess what I mean is in a vacuum, yes bad press is press. But considering their history, it wasn't the best choice unless they were planning on announcing something of substance soon after.

#397 3 years ago

Another teaser to piss everyone off. This was posted on their Facebook.

jjp (resized).jpgjjp (resized).jpg
#398 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Another teaser to piss everyone off. This was posted on their Facebook.
[quoted image]

Isn't that just showing the power rating for their new facility? Not related to some pin announcement etc.

#399 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Being a said jjp fanboy, I don't totally disagree with that statement. But then again everyone likes what they like and defends them accordingly.

Actually you can be objective...being a fanboy IS the problem.

#400 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Isn't that just showing the power rating for their new facility? Not related to some pin announcement etc.

I thought it was requirements for each game to power the flippers.

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.