501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 69.
#301 3 years ago

pretty weak from JJP if they don't show it fairly soon. To throw that out saying we're going to innovate and then confirm what they're talking about a month later would be lame. I'm hoping we hear within the week or so.

#302 3 years ago

It was obviously an effort to pull some hype from TMNT. I don't doubt that they have a cool announcement but that video was put together in like 15 minutes.

#303 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

pretty weak from JJP if they don't show it fairly soon. To throw that out saying we're going to innovate and then confirm what they're talking about a month later would be lame. I'm hoping we hear within the week or so.

Very much. Deeproot style...

#304 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

It was obviously an effort to pull some hype from TMNT. I don't doubt that they have a cool announcement but that video was put together in like 15 minutes.

This. They have nothing they want to show yet. It's not surprising. I wish JJP had its act together with reveals but we know that's not the case.

#305 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

PS5 event was cancelled due to epic shit hitting the fan being not partytime.

#306 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If that was an actual "teaser" JJP should fire their marketing person. All that video did was make it easier for someone to say my money is going to TMNT, which IMO doesn't offer much in the way of innovation.

#307 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

If that was an actual "teaser" JJP should fire their marketing person. All that video did was make it easier for someone to say my money is going to TMNT, which IMO doesn't offer much in the way of innovation.

....how?

#308 3 years ago

Because it literally said "something is coming" and nothing more. Zero information. Nothing of substance. And given JJPs usual "timeline" for these kinds of things, even if it is a new pin, JJP has all but confirmed you have many months before you'd actually have to pay for this new pin. If the JJP timeline is "teaser of nothing" then "JJP trailer for new pin or possibly reveal" then "shipping of new pin", you'll have plenty of time to save up for the next pin.

#309 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Feels like an attempt to steal some of Stern's new release thunder may end up stealing some of their own.

Dark nights all around

#310 3 years ago

Maybe JJP will be issuing a spy club ring soon and dropping clues in their press releases. Eventually these decode to spell .... Everything Will Be OK and Greatness Coming Soon!

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I honestly disagree. Yeah it didn’t show anything in detail, but let’s be honest, when you think of who will innovate or wow you, you think of jjp first. What this video did was it made me pause. I was all in on tmnt, and I’ve been seriously excited to see it for a year or so, but gnr is my favorite band, and it was also long awaited. After seeing tmnt, not being blown away, yet still wanting one I was ready to order my premium. The video then hit, and I remember why I love jjp games more than others. With a huge gnr theme, and Eric designing it, I can’t help but want to see it before deciding between the two. So, yeah, it worked and I thought it was simple, yet great.

#312 3 years ago

If the teaser video has something to do with GnR, then they should have just faded out to black at the end with the word “Patience...”.

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I honestly disagree. Yeah it didn’t show anything in detail, but let’s be honest, when you think of who will innovate or wow you, you think of jjp first. What this video did was it made me pause. I was all in on tmnt, and I’ve been seriously excited to see it for a year or so, but gnr is my favorite band, and it was also long awaited. After seeing tmnt, not being blown away, yet still wanting one I was ready to order my premium. The video then hit, and I remember why I love jjp games more than others. With a huge gnr theme, and Eric designing it, I can’t help but want to see it before deciding between the two. So, yeah, it worked and I thought it was simple, yet great.

point taken and good to see it from a different perspective!

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

My guess is the marketing person is limited on what he/she can do....management probably has the reins on marketing so its probably not their fault. The real question is there anything to market? Maybe there is, maybe there isn't? Nobody really knows....that little teaser spot was just an attempt to stay relevant while they figure things out on their end. All the delays point to some sort of capital raise or asset sale....yea they blame it on the pandemic, but I'm not buying it.

#315 3 years ago

Kind of needs to be this week to follow on from the momentum of teaser.

#316 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Kind of needs to be this week to follow on from the momentum of teaser.

Im sorry, i missed the momentum.
That teaser was one step forward and 2 steps back.
There just shouldn't had been a teaser video at all.
Pinball companies, and Ive said before, need some flare and pizazz well produced launches. I know Chicago is a long way from Hollywood, but its not that hard to do.

#317 3 years ago

From where I sit and looking at USA, maybe not the correct time to launch a new product?

#318 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

when you think of who will innovate or wow you, you think of jjp first

Ehh, not so much anymore. Wonka brought nothing new to the table. Their in-game camera was innovative when it came out and Keith has cranked out some really cool rules and software, but look at the last couple games: Pirates got cost-reduced into mediocrity and Wonka is also pretty vanilla (but it does shoot well).

Also, innovation is good but Elwin's JP proves you can put together a great playing game without flashy new toys or technology.

Looking forward to whatever JJP comes out with.. competition is always good.

#319 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Pirates got cost-reduced into mediocrity

#320 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Ehh, not so much anymore. Wonka brought nothing new to the table. Their in-game camera was innovative when it came out and Keith has cranked out some really cool rules and software, but look at the last couple games: Pirates got cost-reduced into mediocrity and Wonka is also pretty vanilla (but it does shoot well).
Also, innovation is good but Elwin's JP proves you can put together a great playing game without flashy new toys or technology.

I understand the frustrations but to say that POTC is mediocre is a bit of a stretch. The upper playfield rocks back and forth, has 2 flippers, 2 spinners, and a cannon that shoots a ship across the machine. The rest of the layout and rules are well above par as well.

#321 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Ummm, the T-Rex mech on the JP Premium and LE is probably the coolest, "flashiest" toy on a Stern in a long time and POTC is the most packed game in a long time even with the things they removed.

#322 3 years ago

So what do we think this new “innovation” is...

What Theme is it going to be..

I’m thinking hologram that comes up, maybe on top of playfield glass, maybe a hologram of Slash playing guitar on GNR.. that would be cool!

#323 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

I understand the frustrations but to say that POTC is mediocre is a bit of a stretch. The upper playfield rocks back and forth, has 2 flippers, 2 spinners, and a cannon that shoots a ship across the machine. The rest of the layout and rules are well above par as well.

Yea, the cannon and ship are pretty cool. I'm just disappointed all the modes turned out to be more or less the same. Hell, I'd rather have more unique modes than the triple disc. I'll concede Pirates was pretty innovative with the cannon and ship, but Wonka definitely was a step backwards.

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Ummm, the T-Rex mech on the JP Premium and LE is probably the coolest, "flashiest" toy on a Stern in a long time and POTC is the most packed game in a long time even with the things they removed.

I'm referring to JP Pro. Premium toy is cool but too many issues getting it working 100%. The pro version of JP has all the same kickass rules, all four ramps, really everything that makes the game fun.

And yes, the toys on Pirates are neat.. but after spending some hours on one and getting through most of the game, I have little desire to play it again. Meanwhile I can't get enough of Maiden and JP (and EHOH now that a local buddy just grabbed one).

I just don't know what JJP is missing... their games are built better and should BE better, but the Sterns are just more fun to play.

#325 3 years ago

This would definitely be not monetarily feasable , but 6 individual spinners with magnets 1 for each band member launching a certain multiball. The set up of this would /could be tricky.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#326 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Dude have you played POTC? your mediocracy comment leads me to believe u haven't played it .... POTC is loaded with mechs and great code....That cannon shot in POTC is pretty innovative if u ask me

#327 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

So what do we think this new “innovation” is...
What Theme is it going to be..
I’m thinking hologram that comes up, maybe on top of playfield glass, maybe a hologram of Slash playing guitar on GNR.. that would be cool!

I hope it's WiFi so I can connect to Spotify and listen to Britney Spears while playing the new GnR game! Actually though, why can't we just get a music pin with a full discography for once?

#328 3 years ago

Apparently is not the WiFi thing..
it’s got to be playfield orientated surely?

#329 3 years ago

I bet it's an unprecedented price increase. Exciting!

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Dude have you played POTC? your mediocracy comment leads me to believe u haven't played it .... POTC is loaded with mechs and great code....That cannon shot in POTC is pretty innovative if u ask me

Yea, I did. Its a wide shooter and I didn't find the ramps and regular playfield shots to be really satisfying to hit. Playing the rocking upper playfield was the best part of the game from a shooting perspective. I was heavily into starting modes til I realized each one was just "shoot the lit shots one time each." I then worked on the multiballs and put together a game where I got through most of them, supposedly close to a wizard mode?

And then.. that's it. I've shot the cannon and got pretty good at the UPF and seen all the multiballs (except the wizard mode) and I'm kinda over the game now. What am I missing? Don't get me wrong, the game is certainly fun, but just not as fun as I was expecting.

#331 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I guess think of something to possibly top POTC. Moving guitar, mini playfield represents stage ,

#332 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yea, I did. Its a wide shooter and I didn't find the ramps and regular playfield shots to be really satisfying to hit. Playing the rocking upper playfield was the best part of the game from a shooting perspective. I was heavily into starting modes til I realized each one was just "shoot the lit shots one time each." I then worked on the multiballs and put together a game where I got through most of them, supposedly close to a wizard mode?
And then.. that's it. I've shot the cannon and got pretty good at the UPF and seen all the multiballs (except the wizard mode) and I'm kinda over the game now. What am I missing? Don't get me wrong, the game is certainly fun, but just not as fun as I was expecting.

curious what games u think are fun ?

#333 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

No you're not. You're trolling and derailed the thread because he doesn't agree with you.. private message him if you care that much!

#334 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Maybe a pedal for your foot? Or like a mat for foot control of something?

#335 3 years ago

Derail this thread slightly - sorry!
What would you do

Turtles LE

Wait for JJP game announcement (although GNR & Toy Story don’t appeal to me much)

Rumour of Elwin & Joe K on BTTF - if that’s anything like BM66 quality - (code) I’m in..

3rd World problems I know..

#336 3 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

Maybe a pedal for your foot? Or like a mat for foot control of something?

That would be cool for say pinball players with disabilities/ missing limbs etc and good but not really innovative - the Dialled In flippers on phone gimmick wore out pretty quickly..

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

All pinballs are fun to some degree (well maybe not El Toro...) Recently-played, off the top of my head REALLY fun games: Stern JP, Iron Maiden, EHOH, Dr Who, AFM, Mousin Around, TWD, LOTR, QD, Tron, Whirlwind, Big Game...

Also, I do think Pirates is reasonably entertaining. Just not $10K entertaining

#338 3 years ago

Maybe more interaction with smoke or smell vision or something

Dunno- but with the teaser video promising something BIG, INNOVATIVE and sounds like NEVER DONE before it is setting really high expectations

#339 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

He said he likes Iron Maiden which is a decent shooter,but Wonka is a better shooter with a better theme better lighting and animation.Wonkatania mode is pretty damn innovative!

#340 3 years ago

Let's break down that small Twitter video and the message it gave - "You asked for Innovation. We answered. Everything is about to change."

"You asked for Innovation." - Yes, we did.

"We answered." - Well, you haven't really answered yet.

"Everything is about to change." - Vertical pinball in a cabinet?

#341 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

No you're not. You're trolling and derailed the thread because he doesn't agree with you.. private message him if you care that much!

He's right under Rarehero/Family Guy for defensiveness, that's for sure

#342 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Derail this thread slightly - sorry!
What would you do
Turtles LE
Wait for JJP game announcement (although GNR & Toy Story don’t appeal to me much)
Rumour of Elwin & Joe K on BTTF - if that’s anything like BM66 quality - (code) I’m in..
3rd World problems I know..

I'll go with Back to the Future in a heart beat as long as all 3 films are covered with full assets. That's one of my last dream themes.

#343 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Let's break down that small Twitter video and the message it gave - "You asked for Innovation. We answered. Everything is about to change."
"You asked for Innovation." - Yes, we did.
"We answered." - Well, you haven't really answered yet.
"Everything is about to change."

Wait a minute...this doesn’t mean they’re going to quit innovating, does it? If we asked for it, they answered, and now that’s going to change?! Oh crap.

#344 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

That’s sounds like a Pachinko machine.

#345 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

He said he likes Iron Maiden which is a decent shooter,but Wonka is a better shooter with a better theme better lighting and animation.Wonkatania mode is pretty damn innovative!

Wonka a better theme than Iron Maiden? To each their own

Wonka shoots smooth as butter, I'll give it that.

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You need to own Wonka to love Wonka!

#347 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I had a IM LE for about a month and couldn't wait to get rid of it.....I guess everyone has different taste in pinball games, which is cool .... IMHO POTC is a game u need in a home environment so u can truly enjoy everything the game offers....it never gets repetitive as theres so many ways to play the game....IM shoots ok, but the theme blows....JP is another game that shoots well, but it feels like a cartoon dinosaur game to me....the JP theme is awesome, but with essentially zero assets it was a no go for me.

#348 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

$1/play default pricing confirmed.

#349 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I had a IM LE for about a month and couldn't wait to get rid of it.....I guess everyone has different taste in pinball games, which is cool .... IMHO POTC is a game u need in a home environment so u can truly enjoy everything the game offers....it never gets repetitive as theres so many ways to play the game....IM shoots ok, but the theme blows....JP is another game that shoots well, but it feels like a cartoon dinosaur game to me....the JP theme is awesome, but with essentially zero assets it was a no go for me.

At least Maiden used full assets unlike JP and POTC. Besides picking your character POTC feels like a generic pirates games just like JP feels like a generic dinosaur game. To each their own and that's why there is a variety of machines to pick from.

#350 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

You asked for Innovation. We answered. Everything is about to change.

On board bill changers, back to $0.25 or $0.50 per play?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,000.00
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 210.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/7?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.