501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 69.
#3351 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Awww man that's too bad. Thanks for the info! Almost got excited there.

hmmm. Maybe, but I noticed if you click on games on JJP site, it only shows 3 games: Willy Wonka, GnR, and POTC. Either updating site, or showing what 3 pins will be showcased?

#3352 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It is. Showroom model shipped from NJ to Chicago for showroom there.
LTG : )

Another run away rumor Foiled by #LTG. Rumor killer! lol

#3353 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Another run away rumor Foiled by #LTG. Rumor killer! lol

I don't know. If I were a business man and saw how popular POTC was, I would figure out a way to revise a bit like YBR (although, that's not getting a major following). Here's to hoping. LTG knows a lot, but maybe he's not in the know here, right LTG?

#3354 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It is. Showroom model shipped from NJ to Chicago for showroom there.

A showroom for a game they don't even make anymore? haha Seems like teasing at that point.

#3355 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

A showroom for a game they don't even make anymore? haha Seems like teasing at that point.

Doesn't mean the game isn't showroom worthy.

I mean, we have a 2012 100th Anniversary ZR1 Corvette on our showfloor. It's not made any more, but that doesn't mean it's not showroom worthy

/end cargument

#3356 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

what about the games from the dev site in Chicago

#3357 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

what about the games from the dev site in Chicago

Hey ... leave those alone. They still have to finish some code and do game enhancements

#3358 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Lots of pinball manufacturers have show rooms with past and present games.

I don't think that is teasing.

#3359 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

but maybe he's not in the know here,

I'm usually the last to know.

Last year I found out about Willy Wonka here on Pinside two days before MGC. From two distributors' posts.

#3360 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm usually the last to know.
Last year I found out about Willy Wonka here on Pinside two days before MGC. From two distributors' posts.

Maybe they think you leak worse than a screen door on a submarine! LOL

Just kidding

#3361 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Maybe they think you leak worse than a screen door on a submarine! LOL
Just kidding

flex seal will fix that

#3362 3 years ago

I apologize if this was answered before, but I would like to know if the songs are Live/Concert songs , or just the footage and the songs are normal.

Thanks

#3363 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I apologize if this was answered before, but I would like to know if the songs are Live/Concert songs , or just the footage and the songs are normal.
Thanks

The songs are studio masters synced up to live video footage. So the actual videos are lip syncing.

#3364 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

The songs are studio masters synced up to live video footage. So the actual videos are lip syncing.

Excellent! Thank you DJ, I appreciate your response. Cheers!

#3365 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

It bothers me when people say something is going to be game of the year when there has been literally nothing confirmed about it. We aren’t even 100% that it’s GnR.

Like I said. Game of the year.

#3366 3 years ago

The new roll over sensors are perfect for Sonic the Hedgehog or Super Mario. Imagine rolling over coins and rings and the sound it makes every time. Collect 1000 coins for a multi ball.

Man JJP needs to make a Super Mario pin

#3367 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

The new roll over sensors are perfect for Sonic the Hedgehog or Super Mario. Imagine rolling over coins and rings and the sound it makes every time. Collect 1000 coins for a multi ball.
Man JJP needs to make a Super Mario pin

Super Mario Bros. was done in the 90's
as well as that ticket one Super Mario Bros. Mushroom World

Collect 1000 coins for a multi ball. Congo did something like that.

#3368 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

GnR was done in the 90s
Hell Avengers was done a few years ago
Pirates was done by stern years ago
Ninja Turtles was also done years ago

Now look at the top trending pins; Pirates, Avengers, Turtles and now GnR hype.
Super Mario deserves better than those old Mario games. JJP would do so much with it. Mechs would be awesome, artwork, theme integration. JJP should do Super Mario and Back to the Future. Hire the same artist from GnR to do BTTF. BTTF needs a delorean mech that opens the gullwing door to release multiball.

#3369 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Like I said. Game of the year.

Lol. You mean Multiball for a year.

#3370 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

GnR was done in the 90s
Hell Avengers was done a few years ago
Pirates was done by stern years ago
Ninja Turtles was also done years ago
Now look at the top trending pins; Pirates, Avengers, Turtles and now GnR hype.
Super Mario deserves better than those old Mario games. JJP would do so much with it. Mechs would be awesome, artwork, theme integration. JJP should do Super Mario and Back to the Future. Hire the same artist from GnR to do BTTF. BTTF needs a delorean mech that opens the gullwing door to release multiball.

Mario Brothers is second after Thunderbirds for games I would never buy and would not sell.

#3371 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Mario Brothers is second after Thunderbirds for games I would never buy and would not sell.

I think a Nintendo Worlds pin would be a better idea than picking just one property. There's a TON of great IP in Nintendo's portfolio and you could do all the popular stuff and also tuck in weird stuff like Tingle or Captain Rainbow, too.

#3372 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Game of the year bro. Lol. You buying one?

#3373 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Game of the year bro. Lol. You buying one?

Na. Got Rick and Morty coming. Would much rather have that.

#3374 3 years ago

Something I learnt from the videos posted now is how to pronounce Eric Meunier' last name - I also said it in a french way..

#3375 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Na. Got Rick and Morty coming. Would much rather have that.

A friend has one. It’s ok. Probably would not stay long in my collection. GNR will be a blast. Can’t wait. What are you doing up? Isn’t it like 3:50 am in UT?

#3376 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Clearly you haven't been keeping up on current events. The amount of SMB product coming out right now is astounding and it is selling out fast, and it's pretty f'ing cool stuff. Granted I'm past the buying crap to have crap point, but no..SMB is not even remotely done. Hell, they are working on Super Mario World theme park right now, and it...looks literally like the game...it's crazy. Just like GnR, and pretty much every other theme pinballers like, everything from when we were kids is having a huge nostalgia comeback.

#3377 3 years ago

Mario is perfect for American Pinball.

#3378 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Something like super smash bros would be a strong candidate over just straigh mario. Smash bros pulls from all over the nintendo universe and has a super strong player/fan base. Plus would open up alot of dynamics for game ideas.

#3379 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Mario is perfect for American Pinball.

If they weren't done after Hot Wheels abysmal sales failure.

#3380 3 years ago

We should close this thread and end it by saying yes it took a long time to follow up that teaser BUT JJP delivered.

#3381 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

$100 says no new title hits a customer's hands by year's end.

Quoted from Yelobird:

GnR in the House. Loving it so far. If you like the band you got a game and a back stage pass with this theme. Amazing work Eric and JJP Team.

In the form of a pinside donation is fine.

#3382 3 years ago

Let's see that donation screenshot.

tenor-2 (resized).pngtenor-2 (resized).png

#3383 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

After this Amazing accomplishment you don't own anyone anything! What an adrenalin rush!

#3384 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If they weren't done after Hot Wheels abysmal sales failure.

While i dont know about sales, AIQ and GnR certainly sucked that $$$ that could have been going to hotwheels. I might be one of them.. Ill have yet to play GnR, but my funds might be going that way.. havent played either at this point.

#3385 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

While i dont know about sales, AIQ and GnR certainly sucked that $$$ that could have been going to hotwheels. I might be one of them.. Ill have yet to play GnR, but my funds might be going that way.. havent played either at this point.

AP has a management problem that is probably too far ingrained to fix at this point. Spooky has way more direction and game than AP, with way less financial backing.

Houdini was on the cusp of profitable with like 700-750 units sold, then Oktoberfest, the theme no one wanted or asked for, sold about half that. And Hot Wheels, by my estimation, has sold half Oktoberfest numbers. That is a DIRE trajectory. 150 games is an abject failure. And the lack of operator support on Houdini by letting a bug that literally made the audits unusable for more than 6 months showed that AP wasn't serious about the location/operator market. We were done after that.

#3386 3 years ago

Hot wheels should sell better, hard for me to judge tho my local arcades only buy Stern and JJP with one TNA thrown in.

Might be AP should lower price to get the operator to buy get their foot in the door.

#3387 3 years ago

Not to mention full f'ing code on release! Nice job Keefer!

#3388 3 years ago

A friend of mine played it for 8 hours today. He said it is freaking unbelievable. The best pinball he has ever played. Trust me, he has owned all the modern LE Sterns, American Pinball, TBL, Aliens, R&M, etc... Nothing comes even close he said. NOTHING!!!!

#3389 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

A friend of mine played it for 8 hours today. He said it is freaking unbelievable. The best pinball he has ever played. Trust me, he has owned all the modern LE Sterns, American Pinball, TBL, Aliens, R&M, etc... Nothing comes even close he said. NOTHING!!!!

The bar owner at the location we put jjPotC said that about it the day it was installed. He kept raving that it was the best pinball experience he'd ever had. And that was no small statement since we kept that location stocked with AAA games like AfMrLE, Iron Maiden Prem, Batman '66 SLE, WoZ, etc.

So I'm happy to hear that based on your friend's raving, Eric may have avoided the sophomore slump and hit another home run with jjGnR.

#3390 3 years ago

Incredible release JJP
Congratulations on a great result.
The commitment from your team to provide a quality product has stepped up a level again by the sounds of it.
So refreshing to hear positive comments on your premium product.
Glad you took the time to get GnR right.

Rock on JJP

#3391 3 years ago

Haha. Considering it will cost me north of $1,000.00 to get the blistering, chipping playfield swapped on my Wonka, I'd say there's still about $900 to go before I owe anyone anything.

But hey, thanks for "making me whole" with the blank playfield.

Good job JJP for making and delivering pinball machines. Sorry to hear about your "small issue" with the CE allocations. Oops.

Added over 3 years ago:

Hm...apparently I'm being a bit harsh. Fine. I'll sit back and be quiet, then.

#3392 3 years ago

May Eric’s last game always be his worst

#3393 3 years ago

Haha. Considering it will cost me north of $1,000.00 to get the blistering, chipping playfield swapped on my Wonka, I'd say there's still about $900 to go before I owe anyone anything.
But hey, thanks for "making me whole" with the blank playfield.
Good job JJP for making and delivering pinball machines. Sorry to hear about your "small issue" with the CE allocations. Oops.

Dude. Bitter. Come on. Keefer is a good dude who does a lot for pinball. You went out on a limb with a prediction and were wrong. Just smile and move on. Don’t change topics and look small.

#3394 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Dude. Bitter. Come on.

You GD right I'm bitter. Anyone who thinks I'll let this issue go better think again. From being told by a JJP employee to "switch to decaf" after emailing my concerns, to the personal phone call I got from Jack himself offering an autographed piece of artwork or a gobstopper shooter rod (!!!) as a peace offering for my defective playfield, I'm none too pleased with how I was treated. I have a defective playfield. I asked to have the playfield replaced under warranty. They refused to replace it. Sending me a blank field in a box is not an acceptable solution.

Quoted from paynemic:

Keefer is a good dude who does a lot for pinball. You went out on a limb with a prediction and were wrong. Just smile and move on. Don’t change topics and look small.

Yes he does. He's a great asset to the business. My post was not about making a prediction. Anyone who doesn't know that I was trolling with that post to see if I could get a JJP person to bite and commit to a date needs to take more lessons in nuance. I knew when I posted it that I would get the reaction that it did. Hence my response of "My plan worked perfectly" immediately after I teased out a response. Not to mention the fact I also received two PM's that same week, from JJP folks.

Yes, I was wrong. JJP released a pin and it made it into a customer's hands by the end of the year. I'll close this post with a piece of another one of my posts, from earlier in this thread:

Other than that, it's pretty much, "Oh hey! You released a pin. And everyone knew it was coming. And it took you an eternity to do it."

#3395 3 years ago

Man, that's the most convoluted path to weaseling out of paying a bet I've ever seen...

#3396 3 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Man, that's the most convoluted path to weaseling out of paying a bet I've ever seen...

It was never a bet. I never intended on paying it. A lie. A ruse. Fake. Can I spoon-feed it any more for ya?

#3397 3 years ago

Very cool podcast from Ken at JJP
Was a great conversation with Slash

Excellent was really great to hear Slash project his motivation and passion for the project.

Super cool

https://www.podbean.com/ea/dir-8443m-b1bfb7d

#3398 3 years ago

I have a defective playfield. I asked to have the playfield replaced under warranty. They refused to replace it. Sending me a blank field in a box is not an acceptable solution.

Part of me wants to offer to do the swap for you, and document the process for the benefit of the community.

Anyone who doesn't know that I was trolling with that post to see if I could get a JJP person to bite and commit to a date needs to take more lessons in nuance. I knew when I posted it that I would get the reaction that it did. Hence my response of "My plan worked perfectly" immediately after I teased out a response. Not to mention the fact I also received two PM's that same week, from JJP folks.

Part of me doesn't, because you're manipulative.

#3399 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Part of me doesn't, because you're manipulative.

Guilty as charged.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/68?hl=skogen75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.