501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 69.
#3301 3 years ago

I thought the Hobbit promo video was good 5 years ago, but the GnR one is even better!

Seems like they still have the same announcer.

#3302 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The pin ships with family mode in on position.This will eliminate cuss words and a total of four songs will be excluded in the family setting.Turn off family setting to hear all the songs with no radio cuts and a lot of original band shout outs which will include some cuss words!This is afte all GnR!

Six songs are blocked if family mode is on.

#3303 3 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

The launch stream will be streamed by Buffalo Pinball on youtube on 10/7 at 8PM ET. The stream can be found here:

Which one are they streaming? LE or CE?

#3304 3 years ago

Yeah why isnt anybody streaming tonight?

#3305 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Which one are they streaming? LE or CE?

The few that posted have the LE.

#3306 3 years ago

Yup, it will be an LE!

#3307 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The few that posted have the LE.

Thanks for clarifying!

#3308 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Yeah why isnt anybody streaming tonight?

Maybe they shipped the games with no/minimal code. Good way to control who streams first if they had a deal with Buffalo Pinball or whatever.

#3309 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Maybe they shipped the games with no/minimal code.

Wrong.

LTG : )

#3310 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Maybe they shipped the games with no/minimal code. Good way to control who streams first if they had a deal with Buffalo Pinball or whatever.

My guess is that the respectfully asked everyone to hold off and let Buffalo Pinball be the first to stream gameplay.

#3311 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Six songs are blocked if family mode is on.

Where did you here six songs were excluded,I was pretty sure Eric was saying four were?

#3312 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Where did you here six songs were excluded,I was pretty sure Eric was saying four were?

I thought it was 4 as well... Anyone know which 4?

#3313 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I initially said 4 when I made the list, so that may have come from me, but I corrected it to 6 within the first hour.

Quoted from Goronic:

All is explained here, with a link to TWIP that backs it up.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/65#post-5888757

Five songs on the list have F-bombs, there are no radio edits, and one song is unlockable, so 6 songs will be excluded out of the box.

#3314 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

In the SDTM video Eric initially says 4 and corrects himself to 5.

Edit: guess according to that list it’s 6

#3315 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

In the SDTM video Eric initially says 4 and corrects himself to 5.
Edit: guess according to that list it’s 6

"You Could Be Mine" seems pretty mild with just a bitch and some drug reference, so it may actually be there and the "missing" song may be the unlockable one that's on the list.

TWIP says "The game ships with 15 songs enabled – the 6 containing explicit content are disabled by default" - but I think they probably just are wrong, counting the locked song as a missing explicit content song, when it's really 5 explicit songs and 1 locked song that has to be earned which results in the 15 of 21 songs enabled out of the box since it ships with adult OFF. 5 more are enabled as soon as you turn on adult mode and the last one has to be earned.

I updated the track listing I posted to reflect this, which is what I think is the correct info.

#3316 3 years ago

I actually really like the fact that they are not using “radio edits” on any of the songs and keeping them the way they were supposed to be heard.

This band was around for the Tipper Gore era where a lot of artists were forced to compromise either lyrically or artistically to appease what the powers at be thought was good for the youth. Or forced to compromise so record stores would sell their albums.

I remember when parental advisory stickers first came out and record stores sold two different versions of the same album for some artists (one being the clean version).
Hell, many record stores would not sell the original cover art for appetite for Destruction. Other bands like Janes Addiction changed their cover art to article 1 of the first amendment in protest when the artwork was brought under fire.
I was very happy to see they used art that corresponds to the original Appetite art on the CE. The side art is almost like the next sequence of events after the album cover.
Very cool.

#3317 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

This band was around for the Tipper Gore era where a lot of artists were forced to compromise either lyrically or artistically to appease what the powers at be thought was good for the youth. Or forced to compromise so record stores would sell their albums.

That whole period was BS. There was a Janet Jackson album that had one or more filthy songs on it that you could buy at Walmart, no problem because her image had been clean to that point, but known "bad" bands with much LESS controversial content were rejected.

I'm actually very glad this isn't a Beatles situation with crappy still photo montages and short 45 second song clips. Looks like a hit.

#3318 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That whole period was BS. There as a Janet Jackson album that had one or more filthy songs on it that you could buy at Walmart, no problem because her image had been clean to that point, but known "bad" bands with much LESS controversial content were rejected.
I'm actually very glad this isn't a Beatles situation with crappy still photo montages and short 45 second song clips. Looks like a hit.

It really was BS wasn’t it.
The only thing that the “Parental warning, explicit lyrics” label did was made kids check to see which version of the album you were buying.
Had to make sure you got the good one with the warning label on it.

#3319 3 years ago

I would prefer a GNR 80's theme pinball the golden era of GNR, but this it not bad at all.

#3320 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

I would prefer a GNR 80's theme pinball the golden era of GNR, but this it not bad at all.

DE GNR is still a legit compliment.

#3321 3 years ago

Ok, I'll give myself a B+ for the layout speculations.

- Inner loop going up as in pic #1 was correct, but not quite exact (without a ramp).
- Inner loop turning in from #2 was actually the return from the upper PF, so yay I figured out that the ball would go there but not why. And no, it's not a VUK.
- In fact there is an up-down assembly, but for the ramp diverter.
- Stage alley shot goes into the third top lane, so that's why I said it looks weird, because it has a bend and the shot goes up there.
- And last, I did not add the gate and exit in the shooter lane in #2.

Also f** me this lightshow looks good.

#3322 3 years ago

Will pinball browser work for this pin? Would be great to change our just a few songs

#3323 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Will pinball browser work for this pin? Would be great to change our just a few songs

Since the whole light show is choreographed to the music I'd refrain from that.

#3324 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Since the whole light show is choreographed to the music I'd refrain from that.

Yeah I doubt they put in something like an audio analyser (no idea what the correct term is, I do web stuff not music software) to automatically generate the lightshow based on what is playing, similar to how some software for the lights in clubs and events works.

#3325 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Pinball browser is Stern only.

#3326 3 years ago

Isn’t it amazing that in these days and time JJP could get all the way to the finish line without any major leaks?

#3327 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Isn’t it amazing that in these days and time JJP could get all the way to the finish line without any major leaks?

Atleast once each

#3328 3 years ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Pinball browser is Stern only.

No.

But no JJP, that's correct.

#3329 3 years ago

Looks beautiful. If this is what they did for GnR, I’m super excited for what they will do for Toy Story.

Congratulations to the team and all you GnR fans.

Well done.

#3330 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

No.
But no JJP, that's correct.

Oh? Tell me more.

#3331 3 years ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Oh? Tell me more.

WPC (Williams) & Whitestar (wich also was used in SEGA games).

#3332 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The pin ships with family mode in on position.This will eliminate cuss words and a total of four songs will be excluded in the family setting.Turn off family setting to hear all the songs with no radio cuts and a lot of original band shout outs which will include some cuss words!This is afte all GnR!

but that setting also remove game play modes as well as the sound part? no other game does that?

#3333 3 years ago

Chinese Democracy is not a bad album at all, but they didn’t pick the best songs from that one to have in this game,

Prostitute, Catcher in the Rye, Madagascar, There was a time, I.R.S....
I’m surprised they went with “This I love”

#3334 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Chinese Democracy is not a bad album at all, but they didn’t pick the best songs from that one to have in this game,
Prostitute, Catcher in the Rye, Madagascar, There was a time, I.R.S....
I’m surprised they went with “This I love”

I'm surprised as well. Was that even on the set list for this tour? It wasn't when I saw them.

#3335 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I don't believe anyone has figured out our scheme yet. And, as suspected, all light shows were hand choreographed to the music.

#3336 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I don't believe anyone has figured out our scheme yet. And, as suspected, all light shows were hand choreographed to the music.

The lighting, from what seen looks fabulous. For sure you must have a dmx-style controller software program for the lighting?
Synching every light with music, beat etc, well then the game would have been completed 2100 or something?

#3337 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

The lighting, from what seen looks fabulous. For sure you must have a dmx-style controller software program for the lighting?
Synching every light with music, beat etc, well then the game would have been completed 2100 or something?

True. Even this video is way off sync from the Beats. Hopefully there is either a sound triggered response to the lighting in addition to manually coding

#3338 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

all light shows were hand choreographed to the music.

#3339 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:WPC (Williams) & Whitestar (wich also was used in SEGA games).

I thought the WPC support was very basic. Havent looked into it lately though.

#3340 3 years ago
Quoted from mtn-:

I thought the WPC support was very basic. Havent looked into it lately though.

Yes, you don‘t have all the possibilities but it‘s still nice.

#3341 3 years ago

Back in the late 80's, I trashed the debut of Welcome to the Jungle on MTV's smash or trash segment. Obviously, I am not the greatest GNR fan. That said, this game looks killer. JJP has done an amazing job with this machine and that launch video. Great stuff!

btw...I am guessing they are working with George Lynch next to make the Rockin' with Dokken machine. I'm all in on the LE.

#3342 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Probably due to greed, they don't want to have to pay Adler for the one song he played on Use Your Illusion.

Good point. I guess it won't have Civil War then.

#3343 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Back in the late 80's, I trashed the debut of Welcome to the Jungle on MTV's smash or trash segment. Obviously, I am not the greatest GNR fan. That said, this game looks killer. JJP has done an amazing job with this machine and that launch video. Great stuff!
btw...I am guessing they are working with George Lynch next to make the Rockin' with Dokken machine. I'm all in on the LE.

yah Im with you there... I dont dislike them but I always just felt they were ripping off 70s Aerosmith (which they were ask Slash what his favorite record was)

Plus when they came out they were trying to ride the hair metal wave a bit.. check out Axls hair in the jungle video, looks like a chick from a Poison video.

machine looks badass though so Ill at least check it out.

#3346 3 years ago

Ok, game play looks damn good. I was worried to much interference mid field but there are many avenues up to the back pf the machine! Love the upper playfield locks and the mini flipper to divert down the bass guitar!

Thanks for the stream boys!

#3347 3 years ago

I must say I've been blown away by this reveal more than any other reveal that I can remember. Kudos to everyone at JJP for pulling this off! Keeping it quiet, not having pictures leak, building up suspense, coming out with some amazing and incredibly polished reveal videos, and being ready to ship on day one. I think they took everyone's feedback about past reveals and really hit this one out of the park.

I've always been indifferent to music pins, and I never thought I would ever be interested in one. I'm not even a GnR fan, but I have to say, I think I may want this pin. It is a bit too soon to tell, and I would want to see more gameplay and play it myself, but it looks amazing and completely immersive. I haven't seen a music pin really capture what it is like to go to a concert until this one. The way they have set up the playfield around all the instruments, the mock stage with the lights including the moving stage lights, the hundreds of LEDs including on the side rails; it all adds up, and really leads to an amazing show.

And, my initial impression of the layout is that it looks solid. I know some are complaining about the lack of mechs which I don't really understand. It certainly doesn't have the number of toys that WOZ or JJPOTC have, but it seems to make up for that in the use of its assets, the light show and the mock concert experience. And, for those asking about innovation, when have we ever seen such a well choreographed use of LEDs? What about the completely moveable stage lights on the back panel? How about the non-mechanical switches that likely allowed a lot of the layout to happen? I would say it is plenty innovative, and there's probably more that we aren't aware of yet.

I am very happy for JJP on this one, and I think they will do very well. I think it is incredible and a really good sign that all of the CEs are already sold out.

I can't wait to try this for myself!

#3348 3 years ago

https://wgntv.com/news/deans-list/guns-n-roses-guitarist-slash-on-the-death-of-eddie-van-halen-bands-latest-pinball-release/

Check out video at 1:16....BRAND NEW POTC at JJP warehouse, looks like its ready to ship....could it be?

#3349 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

looks like its ready to ship....could it be?

It is. Showroom model shipped from NJ to Chicago for showroom there.

#3350 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It is. Showroom model shipped from NJ to Chicago for showroom there.

Awww man that's too bad. Thanks for the info! Almost got excited there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 210.00
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 11,000.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/67?hl=galvez1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.