501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 69.
#3251 3 years ago

Not really a big fan of GNR at all, but hearing how heavily Slash was involved has really made me much more interested in this. Can't wait to play it; clearly this one was a labor of love, and the game looks fantastic. Awesome asset integration, love the artstyle, and really like how standard/LE/CE all have completely different looking cabinets. I can't see a single overlooked/skimped item... the fact they actually used the correct headstocks with Gibson/Fender logos on them:
chefkiss.gifchefkiss.gif

#3252 3 years ago

Wow.. im usually not into music pins but this looks amazing.. but no Knockin on Heavens Door???

#3253 3 years ago

I imagine covers are harder

#3254 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I imagine covers are harder

aahh right.. forgot about that...

#3255 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Wow.. im usually not into music pins but this looks amazing.. but no Knockin on Heavens Door???

Yeah, good question. Heaven's Door with Only Women Bleed intro has always been a GnR live show staple, including Not In This Lifetime tour. Dylan might've said no, or wanted too much $. Or maybe they only wanted one cover in the game. They have Live and Let Die, with the crazy strobe lightshow it looks like.

#3256 3 years ago

This game is special...you can just tell. I had to freaking pull the trigger on a CE because of the A/V upgrades on it. 600 RGB lights? GTFO! Lol..

Btw, Game Exchange has one left!!!

#3257 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I know.

That’s a song they covered but almost made it their own.

#3258 3 years ago

Can't believe Still of the Night didn't make it.

#3259 3 years ago

This is a pin that looks like it’s worth the price (almost). $10k by Christmas is no longer a joke.

#3260 3 years ago

I had my eye on a Maiden premium (good price) but now I’m shooing for GnR. Heck even looks better than Potc to me.

Depending on the code/rules of course.

#3261 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

"LOL who the hell pays $6199 for a Stern Pro"
Answer is Anyone buying a Regular Tron Pro !

Any distributor that has not sold his last Tron NIB needs another line of work

#3262 3 years ago

This pin will prove once again that it really helps to have full assets when making a great game. I say if you don’t have full assets then pick something else where you will have full. I can really matter IMO.

#3263 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

This game is special...you can just tell. I had to freaking pull the trigger on a CE because of the A/V upgrades on it. 600 RGB lights? GTFO! Lol..

~150 of those extra CE lights are on the back and bottom of the cabinet, so not really IN the game.

#3264 3 years ago

Did you guys notice those fully articulated stage spotlights sweeping around? SICK

#3265 3 years ago

Does anybody know where the camera is at?

#3266 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

21 full-length studio GnR tracks. This ain't The Beatles with 45 second clips.
1. Sweet Child O' Mine
2. Welcome to the Jungle
3. Paradise City
4. November Rain
5. Patience
6. Live and Let Die
7. Don't Cry
8. You Could be Mine*
9. Civil War
10. Coma*
11. Double Talkin' Jive*
12. Estranged
13. It's so Easy*
14. Mr. Brownstone*
15. My Michelle
16. Nightrain
17. Out Ta Get Me*
18. Rocket Queen
19. This I Love
20. Better
21. Chinese Democracy
The asterisked ones are not available at all if you have family mode on due to language. There are no radio edit versions in the game. So if you turn off the adult callouts, you lose six songs from the way it sounds.
pinball_keefer may have already implemented it, but it would be nice to have three language control options:
1. Family mode - no swears in songs (6 songs unavailable in game), clean callouts
2. Mixed mode - all songs (even with swears), clean callouts
3. Adult mode - all songs, rough language callouts
Deep dive is up:
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/guns-n-roses-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

so Family mode kills a lot of the modes??

#3267 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Does anybody know where the camera is at?

Presumably in the same spot as the other JJPs, center of the backglass under the LCD.

#3268 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Did you guys notice those fully articulated stage spotlights sweeping around? SICK

Yeah, those and other lights shine right at the player. Looks awesome to me but wonder if all the lights might be too blinding for some players. I can't imagine playing the LE or CE in a dark room with the sound cranked up. Fill the room up with questionable smoke and it will be just like a real concert lol.

#3269 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Presumably in the same spot as the other JJPs, center of the backglass under the LCD.

Ah, ok thanks. Thought it was strange they didn’t list it in the specs

#3270 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

I don't know. I'm assuming you still get the modes, but get an instrumental or a substitute song. Maybe one of the Slash originals he made for the machine?

#3271 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Yeah, those and other lights shine right at the player. Looks awesome to me but wonder if all the lights might be too blinding for some players. I can't imagine playing the LE or CE in a dark room with the sound cranked up. Fill the room up with questionable smoke and it will be just like a real concert lol.

JJP pins have generally awesome, granular control over LED levels, so I'm assuming you can turn them down to comfortable levels, and I definitely would. "Eye bleeding light show" isn't an attractive selling point to me, but I do like the light shows they have, just at more reasonable levels.

#3272 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's mostly the set list from the Not in this Lifetime Tour. "Used to Love Her" and "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" are notable omissions as are some of the other covers, but it's essentially the Tour setlist.

But it has WiFi! They could add more songs later!

#3273 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I have to see some gameplay here. The spot lights and mechless sensors are innovative for sure, but I’m not see the boom innovation item yet that’s a game changer. I’m liking this pin and still deciding on an LE (great art) but I think I need to see more of this in action

If you think about it, there was no “boom innovation” or “game changer” in POTC, and it lacked assets, yet it is widely regarded as one of the best pins ever. Take that designer and give him more assets than most could want and you already have the makings of one of the most sought after pins of all time. If the light show & sound quality (especially with CE sound bar) are as good as claimed, this could easily be the best Pin available on many objective levels.

#3274 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

But it has WiFi! They could add more songs later!

any game with updates can add stuff don't need Internet to add stuff with code updates.

#3275 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Does each distributor get a certain allotment?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3276 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I did and that is the coolest!

#3277 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Sorry I'm not sure how the allotment works.

#3278 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

any game with updates can add stuff don't need Internet to add stuff with code updates.

Forgot the sign!

#3279 3 years ago

I’m not sure about you guys but I’m freaking excited as hell. I have watched SDTM interview about 10 times now.

#3280 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’m not sure about you guys but I’m freaking excited as hell. I have watched SDTM interview about 10 times now.

I have only watched it twice...lol

Anyway, I was kind of thinking about passing on GnR and just waiting until the next one (Toy Story). But I am blown away by this pin - I think the SE is priced just right for what you are getting and that is what I will likely go with.

I knew with Slash on board assets wouldn't be an issue - and man was I right. A really great looking - and sounding - pinball machine.

#3281 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Probably due to greed, they don't want to have to pay Adler for the one song he played on Use Your Illusion.

#3282 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Yeah, I was watching it repeatedly in the office today.
Didn’t get a lot of work done, but suppose that’s ok every once in a while when you are your own boss.

#3283 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Probably for the initial run, yes. But I find it hard to believe JJP allocated all 500 CEs on day one.

#3284 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

If you think about it, there was no “boom innovation” or “game changer” in POTC, and it lacked assets, yet it is widely regarded as one of the best pins ever. Take that designer and give him more assets than most could want and you already have the makings of one of the most sought after pins of all time. If the light show & sound quality (especially with CE sound bar) are as good as claimed, this could easily be the best Pin available on many objective levels.

Let’s hope you’re right. Again, need to see some flipping to find out

#3285 3 years ago

What happened to the launch streams? I thought the people that got it in advance were supposed to be streaming it today...?

#3286 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What happened to the launch streams? I thought the people that got it in advance were supposed to be streaming it today...?

Right? I’ve been looking all over for 1.

#3287 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just my opinion but I think the staggered launch like this is smart business. They showed just enough to stoke the production fires and move hundreds of games with well marketed Correctly staged videos then a few days later when the fire burns down hit it again with live play streams to heat things back up. Sometimes in a judgmental market to much at once is not a great thing. I seen enough to hand over my cash today.

#3288 3 years ago

This pin needs...mirror blades. Double the amount of PF lights to guarantee seizures.

#3289 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe they are too busy playing it and forgot to be streaming ?

LTG : )

#3290 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe they are too busy playing it and forgot to be streaming ?
LTG : )

That’s just selfish. And I’d do the same

#3291 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

This pin needs...mirror blades. Double the amount of PF lights to guarantee seizures.

Lmao

#3292 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

At this point, I don't believe Jersey Jack Pinball will ever release another title. As far as I'm concerned, they WERE a pinball company.

This one aged like milk, didn't it?

#3293 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

This one aged like milk, didn't it?

So so true! The game looks fantastic and JJP is better than ever.

#3294 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

The pin ships with family mode in on position.This will eliminate cuss words and a total of four songs will be excluded in the family setting.Turn off family setting to hear all the songs with no radio cuts and a lot of original band shout outs which will include some cuss words!This is afte all GnR!

#3295 3 years ago

Figured out how to get the JJP GNR experience at a discount:

Enthusiastically wave an LED flashlight in front of your face, while listening to GNR “Not in this Lifetime” tour CD.

Total cost: $19.95

#3296 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Figured out how to get the JJP GNR experience at a discount:
Enthusiastically wave an LED flashlight in front of your face, while listening to GNR “Not in this Lifetime” tour CD.
Total cost: $19.95

Oh man, reusing material?

#3297 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The launch stream will be streamed by Buffalo Pinball on youtube on 10/7 at 8PM ET. The stream can be found here:

#3298 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Here it is! The exclusive Guns N Roses Pinball Featurette. Enjoy...
Special Thanks to the JJP team for working with us on this

Wow, this game is over the fricking top! Been a fan since AFD released on the radio when I was 15, now 48 and take my money for an LE JPP...the passion you guys have for pinball and the level you've raised pinball to is astonishing. Cannot wait to put this game next to Hobbit, WOZ and POTC! Now to decide what game needs to go to make room for this masterpiece (sniff)...

#3299 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh man, reusing material?

He's on-brand... GNR hasn't released anything new in 12 years.

#3300 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

He's on-brand... GNR hasn't released anything new in 12 years.

Hey-O!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,000.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/66?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.