501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 69.
#201 3 years ago

Hopefully JJP checked in to see what innovation people are interested in. Wife, online, social media, blah, blah... are all major turn offs for me.

They would be better off ensuring a smash hit with there theme choice/integration which they haven't nailed since TH. This is what people will pay for, not fluff.

#202 3 years ago

I am currently throwing away my VHS-tapes, so I am also ready for any technological change that JJP is offering!

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:Wife, online, social media, blah, blah... are all major turn offs for me.

"Wife?" TMI, dude.

#204 3 years ago

Perhaps you can plug in your guitar to the game and a camera will put you on screen with the band. You can jam with the band members.

#205 3 years ago

ok, i may have missed something, but i hit off the twitch stream. what was the jjp announcement?

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Perhaps you can plug in your guitar to the game and a camera will put you on screen with the band. You can jam with the band members.

O my gosh. If they had a fearure where you could upload your picture with their camera and put it on a band member dancing and singing it would be awesome. Look at jib jab https://www.jibjab.com/ for what I am talking about. This is something totally doable on their hardware as it sits. This would be a huge feature for games on route.

Screenshot_20200529-080802_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200529-080802_Chrome (resized).jpg
#207 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I am currently throwing away my VHS-tapes, so I am also ready for any technological change that JJP is offering!

Pfft, I have to get rid of my Betamax tapes before I can move up to VHS

#208 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

Direct from JJP, referring to their teaser: "If you think wifi is innovation...hold on to your hats!" So...maybe it's not wifi connectivity?

If this is the case and they want to rake the wind out of TMNT sales, they need to follow up the teaser with more info in weeks rather than months

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

If this is the case and they want to rake the wind out of TMNT sales, they need to follow up the teaser with more info in weeks rather than months

Agreed. They need to do something now bc this is the hottest week for tmnt

#210 3 years ago

Bluetooth???
Play any song you want from phone.
Just a guess.

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Bluetooth???
Just a guess.

This would be cool. Instead of having the same 12-14 songs on a pin, where a true fan owns most of the catalog anyways, being able to play either a different playlist, or upload songs of choice before plunge would be sweet.

#212 3 years ago

Bluetooth???
Just a guess.

This is a great idea! This has existed in video games for years.

#213 3 years ago

Not sure I trust JJP innovation actually coming through as promised after the stuff they stripped out of POTC.

#214 3 years ago

How about a self playing pinball machine ? Like a self playing piano? Nah.. that would be boring. I hate watching my friends play, they always use both flippers at the same time.

#215 3 years ago

I bet you guys got this right about the music. JJP would really have missed the boat if they don't make all songs available for a brand new music pin. Why would GnR mind since all their songs are out there for near free on spotify etc? In fact GnR would want this because it will make their game shine compared to all others before it. A music pin where we can mix in all songs where we see fit--super exciting.

#216 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Not sure I trust JJP innovation actually coming through as promised after the stuff they stripped out of POTC.

I see your point, but its probably the best designed game in the last 10 years....so yea u can focus on the negative if u want, but its innovative and full of great shots, innovative design (i.e. canon), and great code....just saying !

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

How about a self playing pinball machine ? Like a self playing piano? Nah.. that would be boring. I hate watching my friends play, they always use both flippers at the same time.

It would make an interesting attract mode. ! I'm sure this could be done say in a 30 second time frames. I The timing of an inlane switch hit to the flipper moving , similar to Thing Flips and Phantom flip Monster Bash , and the shark flip on Batwatch.

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

I bet you guys got this right about the music. JJP would really have missed the boat if they don't make all songs available for a brand new music pin. Why would GnR mind since all their songs are out there for near free on spotify etc? In fact GnR would want this because it will make their game shine compared to all others before it. A music pin where we can mix in all songs where we see fit--super exciting.

If this is the news they’re are hyping than this means we have a new game reveal also?Yeah!

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

How about a self playing pinball machine ?

Quoted from chad:

I'm sure this could be done say in a 30 second time frames.

Already been done in AG Soccer. Head to head PF with Switches on top of flippers that activate when balls trigger them
Pretty cool

#221 3 years ago

how about remote play so i can play my pinballs that are at home from work or on the road via a laptop or desktop.
The wife will likely need to stay home to assure no balls get stuck or switch errors.

#222 3 years ago

I wonder if this announcement will also coincide with new code for at least a couple JJP games? The last JJP code update was at the end of January for Willy Wonka and it wasn't that big of an update. 4 months is a long time for no code updates. I know JJP doesn't like to release updates that often so I'm thinking something has to be built up. Maybe code updates have been held back until the wifi / network update feature can also be released.

#223 3 years ago

It’d be sweet to ship with an online-ready setup, so you can stream your gameplay on Twitch etc by simply extending a built in overhead camera and turning an option on.

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

Since it's a musician based table, (as far as we know) and if Slash from GnR is involved with design...I wonder if the innovation has anything to do with playing musical notes on the playfield, or some kind of weird music creation gimmick that is part of a broader technology they will introduce.

I would love anything that brings interactive sound design back to pinball. Real time music playback with a dynamic soundtrack or a built in synthesizer or something. I miss the days when games would sync lights, playfield actions, and SFX to music, among other things. If JJP is bringing that back, what better theme to do it with than a band theme?

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Already been done in AG Soccer. Head to head PF with Switches on top of flippers that activate when balls trigger them
Pretty cool

Forgot about tbe bump switches. We need the attract mode self play as I mentioned.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#226 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

If eric told us to hold onto our hats. Im going to trust what he says.

Eric was pissed about Disc gate

#227 3 years ago

Really could care less about wifi, bluetooth, playing with your phone, playing online, taking your picture or any other of that stuff. How about just a packed, un-neutered game with tons of new and interesting "mechanical" features. Things that actually "interact" with the pinball, not a bunch of shit that doesn't. If anyone at JJP can deliver that it's Eric. Super interested to see what he delivers.

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Eric was pissed about Disc gate

What do you mean? I thought he said the reason it wasn't included in the game was because they couldn't solve the engineering issues?

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

What do you mean? I thought he said the reason it wasn't included in the game was because they couldn't solve the engineering issues?

Supposedly Pat Lawlor nuked the spinning discs not Eric... Speculation is that Eric could have gotten the mech to work fine but Pat was jealous? of how packed POTC was. Take it with a grain of salt

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:What do you mean? I thought he said the reason it wasn't included in the game was because they couldn't solve the engineering issues?

That wasnt erics choice though. Erics choice would have been to spend the Time/money to make it work.

They had the same reason behind the chest not opening and closing apparently couldnt solve that issue either......

The issue was obviously not that they couldnt solve it. But the game had been delayed too long for whatever reasons and investors wanted it ready now!

Again not eric's choice or fault.

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Supposedly Pat Lawlor nuked the spinning discs not Eric... Speculation is that Eric could have gotten the mech to work fine but Pat was jealous? of how packed POTC was. Take it with a grain of salt

Thats rumor from the man whose name must not be spoken on pinside.

Could have also been many other factors. But bottom line is they certainly could have figured it out. Just like they clearly could have figured out the chest opening and closing.

My point was only this. I trust eric would not have said for us to hold onto our hats if this innovation wasnt something pretty damn spectacular.

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

That wasnt erics choice though. Erics choice would have been to spend the Time/money to make it work.
They had the same reason behind the chest not opening and closing apparently couldnt solve that issue either......
The issue was obviously not that they couldnt solve it. But the game had been delayed too long for whatever reasons and investors wanted it ready now!

Interesting

#233 3 years ago

Bluetooth???
Just a guess.

Gloryhole.

It really connects you to the game!

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Engineers do the difficult right away, the impossible just takes a bit longer and costs more.

No doubt they could have fixed the issues, but after the game was delayed 3 or 4 months at some point it's time to fish or cut bait. The company doesn't make any sales while the game is in the shop troubleshooting. Certainly those mechs are still in JJPs arsenal and can be introduced into another game, maybe even this one. If Stern can take a spinning disc from an 8-year old game and put it in their latest offering, what's to stop JJP?

#235 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Engineers do the difficult right away, the impossible just takes a bit longer and costs more.
No doubt they could have fixed the issues, but after the game was delayed 3 or 4 months at some point it's time to fish or cut bait. The company doesn't make any sales while the game is in the shop troubleshooting. Certainly those mechs are still in JJPs arsenal and can be introduced into another game, maybe even this one. If Stern can take a spinning disc from an 8-year old game and put it in their latest offering, what's to stop JJP?

Who’s to say that JJP has not taken the time to resolve the issues and then re-release POTC as they originally intended.

It would go a long ways to show their fans that they do care and can resolve their mistakes.

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Well, thanks to Stern's Stranger Things blacklight "innovation", it's now apparently fair game to ship an incomplete game with 'upgrade kits' in the future.

#237 3 years ago

Holograms....

#238 3 years ago

Yeahhhh solid playfields finaly!

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Well, thanks to Stern's Stranger Things blacklight "innovation", it's now apparently fair game to ship an incomplete game with 'upgrade kits' in the future.

Yes and No.

The people who bought NST knew what they would get in the game and it was sufficient for them at that time.
They got what they willingly paid for.

#240 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Yeahhhh solid playfields finaly!

Or maybe jello filled ones that self-heal the dimples and chipping, it will be like a Stretch Armstrong and slowly returns to it's original state!

#241 3 years ago

Strangely enough, I thought of the same thing. I thought of a gun firing revealing a rose when it was shot out.

#242 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Gloryhole.
It really connects you to the game!

This could be awesome if its incorporated into a Leisure Suit Larry game.

If you dont know him, google it.

#243 3 years ago

Been thinking about some things that wifi could provide, and here are some more that I don't believe have been mentioned (though, apologies if they have; I've largely skimmed through this thread but not read every post in detail):

* Online tech support. Suppose you could call JJP, and they could tap right into the diagnostics of your game (with your permission), tell you to try stuff and see the results in real time. I know a lot of experienced owners might not need this, but it could help attract more newbies who know less about pinball repair. Maybe there's even a way for them to get a report of what components are failing, similar to automotive diagnostics. I know a lot of us have had great experiences with JJP via facetime or calls where they are super helpful in trying stuff. This would take it to a new level.

* How about locating the camera at the top of the backbox and not bottom? Angle it so that you can see the whole playfield and allow everyone to record or stream their games if they want. Maybe it won't be equivalent to the quality of a DeadFlip stream, but I wonder if you can get the angle right to allow more people to record their games without a fancy setup.

* Similar to the above, if you had such a camera, how cool would it be to hire a professional player to watch you play live over the internet and give you pointers? I bet there are a number of really good players who would enjoy earning a little extra cash and teaching people to play in the process. I know I wouldn't mind paying for an hour lesson with someone who could watch and give me pro tips to really up my game. (I know some of this you can just do with your own camera or phone with a mount, but this would be built in and allow everyone to have the ability to do it easily . . . again, all dependent upon getting the angle right, if possible).

#244 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Without real evidence, you really shouldn't continue to spread a rumour that attacks Pat Lawlor's credibility. He's one of the gods of pinball design and would have no reason to be jealous of anyone. He created TZ and TAF ffs.

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Without real evidence, you really shouldn't continue to spread a rumour that attacks Pat Lawlor's credibility. He's one of the gods of pinball design and would have no reason to be jealous of anyone. He created TZ and TAF ffs.

Yeah but that new guy made that one game people that paid 12k for love...so...

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

This could be awesome if its incorporated into a Leisure Suit Larry game.
If you dont know him, google it.

You're dating yourself with that reference, but I guess so am I by recognizing it.

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

. . . and Whirlwind, and Banzai Run, and Earthshaker, and, and, and. The man has nothing to be jealous about.

#248 3 years ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

I wonder if the innovation has anything to do with playing musical notes on the playfield, or some kind of weird music creation gimmick

That would be totally on-brand for the band - go 12 years without releasing new music and then release a pinball machine where the player has to make their own music.

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

That's why he said "supposedly".

No one on the outside can know or state how it is to work with Lawlor over the decades. He could be demanding and narcissistic or he could be pleasant and helpful....or a mix of all of the above?

He's my favorite designer, as in I feel he's created the most high level, fun games ever in pinball. That said, doesn't mean I still don't wonder if the speculation might be true. I'd hope he's not awful to work with, but I have to be open to the idea that he could be.

#250 3 years ago

The spinning disc mech was a loud mess.
Pat had nothing to do with it's removal.
This was a huge disappoint for Eric. He wanted more than anything to get it right. Sadly, time and money wasn't on his side.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 11,000.00
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/5?hl=freeplay3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.