501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 69.
#2851 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Figured out the center hole ... after 45 minutes of game play, Axl finally shows up and starts singing while the rest of the band has been playing for awhile. The small dots on the playfield are to illuminate the 'audience' with what appears to be lighters.
GnFnR!

It will be a reenactment of the 1993 concert I attended in Sacramento where Ball 1 in the opening act. You need to wait 3 hours for GnR to take the stage for ball 2 to be in the shooter lane. Then if you happen to hit the "throw a bottle at Duff" shot the entire game dies and you can't play it again. There is no ball 3. Concert over after ~4 songs. True story. Arco Arena 4-3-93.

#2852 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That's totally fine - not every game is for every person, and I'll be honest...Wonka makes a rough first impression.
It's very difficult and it takes time to understand the code, understand what all the audio clips mean (so they make sense), etc.
Wonka isn't necessarily my point, here. My point is don't let Pinside make up your mind on a game.

Yup.. one of those games you cant just judge by a few games.

Always funny to me when people put two games on something and then say it sucks forever.

I played Wonka a few times and thought it wasnt that great but I had no clue what to shoot or why.

Then had one in the house where I could learn what to do, and it became one of my favorites.

#2853 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Always funny to me when people put two games on something and then say it sucks forever.
I played Wonka a few times and thought it wasnt that great but I had no clue what to shoot or why.
Then had one in the house where I could learn what to do, and it became one of my favorites.

I was guilty of that I just started playing in April .Biggest thing to me is in a pincade everything is turned down I can barely hear anything .To get the full experience it needs to come home .I know they rent pins during covid but I think it would be a good business move for company’s to rent machines for 30 days to potential buyers and if that person decides to purchase then no charge for the rental .

#2854 3 years ago

Maybe a week not 30 days .

#2855 3 years ago

I bet that circle has something to do with Slashs Top Hat

#2856 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That was my thought as well.

#2857 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I was going to post the same thing.

#2858 3 years ago

I remember reading somewhere that after Data east GnR, Slash designed a second pin that never went into production “Slash’s Snakepit”
Would be nice to have an original concept rather then another GnR.
Just my 2cents.

#2859 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

I remember reading somewhere that after Data east GnR, Slash designed a second pin that never went into production “Slash’s Snakepit”
Would be nice to have an original concept rather then another GnR.
Just my 2cents.

That would honestly be way cooler than another discography pin...

#2860 3 years ago

GnR Slash’s snake pit!

#2861 3 years ago

A Slash pin covering his career would be amazing. GnR, Snake Pit, Velvet Revolver, solo with Myles Kennedy, ending with he GnR reunion for the wizard mode. Mini wizard mode for each band. Nice variety of music. I'm sure it would never happen because of licensing.

#2862 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That's totally fine - not every game is for every person, and I'll be honest...Wonka makes a rough first impression.
It's very difficult and it takes time to understand the code, understand what all the audio clips mean (so they make sense), etc.
Wonka isn't necessarily my point, here. My point is don't let Pinside make up your mind on a game.

I agree with this post. Make up your mind for yourselves.

I purchased 3 games just prior to covid quarantine. All 3 were games that the first time I played them I really did not like them. It took me a year to come around to buy some games and covid sped that up a bit. Well when I went to buy I remembered back to when I played the games the first time. And I did not like any of them. Now I doubt they will ever leave my collection.

Games are Deadpool Pro, GOT pro and Wonka LE. All were NIB. I almost traded the Wonka for TMNT at a loss during the TMNT hype. Glad I did not. Now I know the games more and they will stay with me.

I got back into playing about 16 months ago. At the time my favorite game was SW pro on location. Mainly because I love SW. So that is the game I thought I would buy first. Well I just added SW premium. Love it as well. And no more room so that is good.

I read others opinions but also try to step back and see what I and family enjoy. Pinside ratings do seem a little wonky but that cool.

PS I do hope that there is a mini wiz mode in GNR where all the lights go done and small little hidden soft glow LED light up and act as lighters for the entire mode lol. Key here is hidden. First time getting to it would be awesome.

#2863 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Or it could just be showing you how many shots you have made on the mode you are working on

#2864 3 years ago
120311261_3766357740049461_1063186768222982506_o (resized).jpg120311261_3766357740049461_1063186768222982506_o (resized).jpg
#2865 3 years ago

Looks like multiple magnets wrapped in the orange wires

#2866 3 years ago

It's official reveal date is the 5th of October

#2867 3 years ago

I’m getting excited!!!

#2868 3 years ago

EVIL - I can't wait till Monday.....Reveal it Tomorrow!

#2869 3 years ago

Record number of new posts coming up on Monday.

Good job Eric and JJP !

LTG : )

#2870 3 years ago

This is a picture of 3 upper playfields in a line next to each other. The holes in the bottom right of the picture don't match anything on the main playfield, and you can see that everything is repeated three times as you look down the picture.

#2871 3 years ago
Quoted from La4s:

Looks like multiple magnets wrapped in the orange wires

I don't think so I believe the location to be just behind the two large round cutouts. That said I have no quess myself

#2872 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Record number of new posts coming up on Monday.
Good job Eric and JJP !

What's the over/under on how long it takes for a new post "What's JJP's next game and when is it coming out" to be put up?

#2873 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

What's the over/under on how long it takes for a new post "What's JJP's next game and when is it coming out" to be put up?

Within one hour once the reveal happens.

#2874 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Within one hour once the reveal happens.

Oh Lloyd you're too kind .... I give it 5 min.

#2875 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I had precisely the same experience with Hobbit. If you play it like an 80's game and don't understand the rules, the pinside negativity makes some sense.
Once I had one in the house and could learn what to do, it's become one of my favorites.

#2876 3 years ago

I have nothing against Eric, he’s designed a great pin. I do have something against Kaneda etc. who put down other designers like Lawlor, Borg, Ritchie, Gomez etc. who were making great games when Kenada was wearing diapers.

It’s disrespectful to the old guard who have made and still make great pins.

I know Eric is super talented but let’s keep in mind he’s made one pin. (Now 2). And people are calling him the king or the best designer alive or whatever else. He’s done one pin that sold maybe 800-1k units.

No disrespect to Eric and Keith at Stern but check back in 10-20 years before we start saying the best designer ever.

#2877 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Oh Lloyd you're too kind .... I give it 5 min.

You are wiser than me. I was thinking 5 minutes. But had high hopes for proper restraint.

#2878 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have nothing against Eric, he’s designed a great pin. I do have something against Kaneda etc. who put down other designers like Lawlor, Borg, Ritchie, Gomez etc. who were making great games when Kenada was wearing diapers.
It’s disrespectful to guys like Ritchie etc.
I know Eric is super talented but let’s keep in mind he’s made one pin. (Now 2). And people are calling him the king or the best designer alive or whatever else. He’s done one pin that sold maybe 800-1k units.
No disrespect to Erick and Keith but lest check back in 10-20 years before we start saying the best designer ever.

I agree with you that people need to calm down on the superlatives for new designers. There is a ton of talent coming out and their games are great, but I agree people need to pump the brakes a little bit on the "best designer" talk.

That being said I don't think bringing in the number of units sold is justified in a discussion about game design and how good or bad a games is.

#2879 3 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

That being said I don't think bringing in the number of units sold is justified in a discussion about game design and how good or bad a games is.

Fair or not fair this world is about weight and numbers and hopefully sales numbers follow greatness.

You have a great point for example Vincent van Gogh was not successful in his lifetime.

But this is pinball and like movies or sports it’s about the box office or the views. If a director makes great movies but the studio doesn’t make any money the director won’t be able to continue.

#2880 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

This is a picture of 3 upper playfields in a line next to each other. The holes in the bottom right of the picture don't match anything on the main playfield, and you can see that everything is repeated three times as you look down the picture.

That seems to be the case...good call.

#2881 3 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I agree with you that people need to calm down on the superlatives for new designers. There is a ton of talent coming out and their games are great, but I agree people need to pump the brakes a little bit on the "best designer" talk.

No controversy here. The superlatives for recent new designers like Eric M., Keith E., and Scott D. are well deserved. Their recent games have been fantastic. It's exciting to see new companies and new talent push the pinball industry forward. No one, not even Kaneda, are claiming 'GOAT!' after a few games.

#2882 3 years ago

...maybe the slot machine actually sounds better?

#2883 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

...maybe the slot machine actually sounds better?

Sounds great to me! Really a fun game just need to spend time on it to fully appreciate the depth.

#2884 3 years ago

Wonka is amazing, one of the best out there. The more i play it, the more i appreciate it!

#2885 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sounds great to me! Really a fun game just need to spend time on it to fully appreciate the depth.

While I don't care for the theme, the sound quality and production is great. It sounds exactly what I'd expect a Wonka pinball to sound like. It seems people are conflating theme and sound. Or perhaps it's similar to those who couldn't enjoy Iron Maiden because they hated the music. I can relate to that, but what did you expect the pin to sound like!

#2886 3 years ago

As far as the sound for Wonka goes that SDTM video is very early code,the sound improved with the few code updates.

#2887 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

While I don't care for the theme, the sound quality and production is great. It sounds exactly what I'd expect a Wonka pinball to sound like. It seems people are conflating theme and sound. Or perhaps it's similar to those who couldn't enjoy Iron Maiden because they hated the music. I can relate to that, but what did you expect the pin to sound like!

I think most people wanted to be a part of walking thru the movie sequences

#2888 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I am so glad they didn't do this. Linear experiences become repetitive and boring almost immediately.

If you want to see the story, watch the DVD!

#2889 3 years ago

I only wish wonka did have more of the iconic songs and scenes in it. It has some, but it could have had much more, and I would have bought one.

#2890 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

No controversy here. The superlatives for recent new designers like Eric M., Keith E., and Scott D. are well deserved. Their recent games have been fantastic. It's exciting to see new companies and new talent push the pinball industry forward. No one, not even Kaneda, are claiming 'GOAT!' after a few games.

I think you missed the point. They are good, but the old guys have proven themselves over and over. The post clearly agreed with celebrating them, just not moreso than the gods of pinball design. I especially find the insults toward and rumours about Lawlor reprehensible.

#2891 3 years ago

Besides Wonka......

My speculation on the New GnR spectacular is all of those small 1/4" playfield inserts are some form of concert light show spectacle. A rock show type lighting effect with dozens of mini white flash inserts when the upper playfield stage is in play like lightning. Think (dare I say it...) A pinstadium on LSD light show! Going to be a Long weekend wait.

#2893 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

In terms of code, quest progression or whatever, sure. I agree.
But in terms of the 'assets' comments, wtf, buy the movie.

#2894 3 years ago

Hell yeah, have the King on speed dial as any wise buyer would!

#2895 3 years ago

Am I satisfied with my prediction image? Not really.
Did I spend 2 hours rebuilding it in future pinball? Oh absolutely.

Comments on the third image:
A - Probably a magnet.
B - Either this is to feed cables or another hole or kicker, but then I have no idea how that would be fed, maybe with a diverter.
C - There must be something else there because currently this looks ridicolus.
D - I think there will be some sort of diverter to either get the ball into the hole or VUK with the two lamps next to it, or to shoot though the bumpers.
E - I'm not sure if the leftmost hole is an insert or a real hole. Because if it's in insert it would be in the line between the two rubber posts which makes it look weird. If it's just a hole it might be reasonable to assume there is a rubber connecting the posts.
F - Along with E, big questionmarks on what that area is supposed to be if the two posts are not connected with a rubber.
G - Not sure what the two holes behind the scoop are supposed to do.
H - If there is a post the loop would be very tight but lines up better with the inserts, but also has a very weird bend. So I think there is no post and instead the metal guide ends right next to the target.
I - Unusual hole there, looks like it belongs to a drop target.
J - These are ALL small LEDs similar to Wonka. They are probably a crowd in the artwork and during gameplay they will flash so it looks like they are all taking pictures.
L - It's Eric so I assume you can somehow save the ball there.
K - Tilt warning inserts.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image_2 (resized).pngpasted_image_2 (resized).pngpasted_image_3 (resized).pngpasted_image_3 (resized).png

#2896 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have nothing against Eric, he’s designed a great pin. I do have something against Kaneda etc. who put down other designers like Lawlor, Borg, Ritchie, Gomez etc. who were making great games when Kenada was wearing diapers

Chris is typical youtuber, saying whatever he thinks will generate views. I'm just glad you all watch that junk and relay the useful bits back here so I don't have to suffer through it...

#2897 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

My speculation on the New GnR spectacular is all of those small 1/4" playfield inserts are some form of concert light show spectacle.

One light for every current/former band member.

#2898 3 years ago
Quoted from proco:

Am I satisfied with my prediction image? Not really.
Did I spend 2 hours rebuilding it in future pinball? Oh absolutely.

Nice work! I'm guessing the left lanes have the same inner-outlane configuration of pirates (i.e. the middle lane drops through).

#2899 3 years ago
Quoted from proco:

Did I spend 2 hours rebuilding it in future pinball?

You have some skills!! Nice!

#2900 3 years ago

A bumper drum kit would be badass that made different sounds like a snare ,toms n cymbals

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 210.00
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11,000.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/58?hl=pbman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.