501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 69.
#2801 3 years ago

That "Some Mech?" black hole of death is probably a gobstopper toy reimagined as some GNR relevant spinning device... maybe Pat will recoup some of that money from WW develpment by making Eric reuse it here... or it could be something completely different... my money is on a gobstopper like toy though.

#2802 3 years ago

And while I am at it, did anyone notice no drop targets? Not unless they are on an upper PF... I don't see any bank of them... with all those drop targets in Hobbit and none in GNR, where's the money?

#2803 3 years ago

You cant make a GNR without a gun right

#2804 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Well ...... technically speaking Guns, Tracii that is, hasn't been a part of the band since 1985. If I recall correctly Traci and Axel merged their two bands together thus the name Guns & Roses but Tracii left the band not even two months later and went onto L.A. Guns. So GnR has done without Guns why can't.....

(disclaimer: I had too much free time when writing this ..... yes!)

#2805 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Load up the gun for 6 ball multiball... Sounds good, 6 virtual balls locked into it... thats my guess... gobstopper disguised as a revolver and you lock virtual balls in it.

#2806 3 years ago

No noooo need the gun

#2807 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

And while I am at it, did anyone notice no drop targets? Not unless they are on an upper PF... I don't see any bank of them... with all those drop targets in Hobbit and none in GNR, where's the money?

For the record, the three games after Hobbit are DI, POTC and WW. How many drop targets?

#2808 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

For the record, the three games after Hobbit are DI, POTC and WW. How many drop targets?

I just like drop targets... they are a staple of pinball mechs... and they act as barricades and dividers, and locking mechs and... well you get a lot of milage out of a set of drops. It allows for whole banks to be scored in one shot, if your good enough... so shoot me if I point it out this has no banks of drops, so it has 2 strikes already. First strike is it's GNR, which has not been one of my band favorites, because in Ohio, where I grew up, well we have heard our share (and then some) of GNR. Right @who-dey? Don't want to piss off the GNR crowd... but not sure I can take Welcome to the Jungle in large quanities if I owned one at home. It may still be a winner, because, well it is Eric...

#2809 3 years ago

I wasn’t threatening to shoot you, and I love drop targets. Love them a lot. All I was pointing out was that after Hobbit there haven’t been lots of JJP games with drops.

#2810 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I just like drop targets... they are a staple of pinball mechs...

Where's your money Mr. BOP, South Park, Monster Bash, Central park?

#2811 3 years ago

Maybe this is where The Rainbow Bar goes?

8EEB79CC-100F-4ED8-91B7-01D3A5D94E86 (resized).png8EEB79CC-100F-4ED8-91B7-01D3A5D94E86 (resized).pngB30536FC-0D89-4FF9-9A3D-F2EB7D1F9FBA (resized).jpegB30536FC-0D89-4FF9-9A3D-F2EB7D1F9FBA (resized).jpeg
#2812 3 years ago

I wasn’t threatening to shoot you, and I love drop targets. Love them a lot. All I was pointing out was that after Hobbit there haven’t been lots of JJP games with drops.

After Hobbit they ran the hell out of drop targets :/

#2813 3 years ago

DI has a virtual drop target.

#2814 3 years ago

Wonder if info would get leaked before the 5th?

#2815 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Load up the gun for 6 ball multiball... Sounds good, 6 virtual balls locked into it... thats my guess... gobstopper disguised as a revolver and you lock virtual balls in it.

I think it might actually be Slashs tophat.

#2816 3 years ago
Quoted from proco:

Same as in the Rick & Morty thread, here's my prediction for the playfield ... if they keep on doing the mistake of showing the back, I will use it to my advantage
I suspect there will be a very dominant upper playfield because otherwise I can't justify all of that emty space in the top left.
And greetings to Cary who already used my last image in his R&M video.
[quoted image]

That is awesome! Thank you.

#2817 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Wonder if info would get leaked before the 5th?

A guy with a podcast cast says he saw a gameplay video. Something about best light show ever, things lighting up that have never been seen before. Concert footage on the screen. You have no idea what’s on the other side. And Eric is the king of pinball. So guess we’ll see unless that footage gets leaked

#2818 3 years ago

Oh yeah and something about Bally Williams era pinball finally coming to a modern pin

#2819 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

... Concert footage on the screen....

Uff

Oh yeah and something about Bally Williams era pinball finally coming to a modern pin

Yeah DI has been out for a couple years now.

#2820 3 years ago

I dunno if anyone suggested this be my $$ is on a lifting stage where that cutout is in top

#2821 3 years ago

In English that’s “I’ll bet my $”.

#2822 3 years ago

Why is it so quiet on here?Ive never bought NIB can anyone give they’re best guess what order they will come out and a ballpark timeframe on shipping I’m trying to add dollars up to see if I can make this happen and would appreciate any help thanks .

#2823 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Why is it so quiet on here?Ive never bought NIB can anyone give they’re best guess what order they will come out and a ballpark timeframe on shipping I’m trying to add dollars up to see if I can make this happen and would appreciate any help thanks .

More will be known when the game is actually announced in a few days.

#2824 3 years ago

Thanks I haven’t had time to catch up didn’t know if anything was out yet .Big time excitement !!!

#2825 3 years ago

And two out of three were disappointing games. There's a million ways to slice the data...

#2826 3 years ago

A guy with a podcast cast says he saw a gameplay video. Something about best light show ever, things lighting up that have never been seen before. Concert footage on the screen. You have no idea what’s on the other side. And Eric is the king of pinball. So guess we’ll see unless that footage gets leaked

Wait, so how did Kaneda explain coming back from exile? I thought he was out of pinball.

I hope Eric knocked it out of the park, I'm a huge fan of what he did on jjPotC. But just remember when Kaneda was freaking out ahead of time about the underwhelming Willy Wonka with protein-chain superlatives being drizzled all over his podcast. None of them were actually true once people got to play it.

#2827 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wait, so how did Kaneda explain coming back from exile? I thought he was out of pinball.
I hope Eric knocked it out of the park, I'm a huge fan of what he did on jjPotC. But just remember when Kaneda was freaking out ahead of time about the underwhelming Willy Wonka with protein-chain superlatives being drizzled all over his podcast. None of them were actually true once people got to play it.

Lmfao

#2828 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah he admits that in the podcast. Let’s hope he has learned from Wonka and what he claims he saw gameplaywise is in fact the true. If so, man are we in for a Riot.

Otherwise it will go over like a Led Zepplin

#2829 3 years ago

I urge people to evaluate games on their own.

I've only been in the hobby a few years, but I've already seen a repeated pattern where $podcaster or $pinsider shits on $newgame, rallys people behind them, and the game is unjustly harmed by it.

It is Pinside's fault there aren't enough POTC to go around. And being new at the time, I was swept up in it too.

Recall some of the vitriol lobbed at Wonka and amplified by Pinside:

"It sounds like a slot machine" - Literally not true. I dug up footage of the Wonka slots and compared side by side. False pinside narrative.

"The game is worthless without audio on the video clips." - An incredibly stupid take in my view, because nobody wants to see the same clips 1000 times. Once you've played them a few times you start skipping them. Do you want a 10k DVD player with bad controls, or a pinball machine?

Turns out, Wonka is a very good game and designed for longevity in your collection. It's a shame the podcast/Pinside hivemind talked some people out of enjoying it.

Nobody's opinion on a game matters but your own. Have an open mind, don't expect perfection (nothing in life is), and remember this stuff is for having fun!

#2830 3 years ago

What’s with the 2 arrow inserts pointing up between the pops? How does a ball follow that path without an eject, a flipper or controllable magnets?

3675E7EE-4C58-436C-9ED9-103B94362AA5.jpeg3675E7EE-4C58-436C-9ED9-103B94362AA5.jpeg

#2831 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What’s with the 2 arrow inserts pointing up between the pops? How does a ball follow that path without an eject, a flipper or controllable magnets?
[quoted image]

He's holding the playfield upside down. JJP's new "innovation" is that the flippers are at the top of the game now and the pop bumpers are at the bottom, closest to the player. JJP can now defy gravity.

#2832 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It is Pinside's fault there aren't enough POTC to go around. And being new at the time, I was swept up in it too.

It wasn't just you. I've been around pinball for a long time and I almost got locked out of jjPotC after I got hit by disc-gate and trunk-gate and canceled my preorder. Fortunately I was able to change course once it was obvious it was a masterpiece and got a NIB literally a few days before they dried up.

But Wonka? We'll have to agree to disagree there. It's the only JJP I never bought (I even bought Hobbit!) because every time I play it I get hung up on it's failure to come close to its potential with recycled PL ideas and a dearth of toys compared to jjPotC.

Fortunately GnR is Eric again and I'm hyped for it.

#2833 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It wasn't just you. I've been around pinball for a long time and I almost got locked out of jjPotC after I got hit by disc-gate and trunk-gate and canceled my preorder. Fortunately I was able to chance course once it was obvious it was a masterpiece and got a NIB literally a few days before they dried up.
But Wonka? We'll have to agree to disagree there. It's the only JJP I never bought (I even bought Hobbit!) because every time I play it I get hung up on it's failure to come close to its potential with recycled PL ideas and a dearth of toys compared to jjPotC.

Good to see you in this thread brother. Cheers Vireland!

#2834 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

[quoted image]

I the big circle is probably a spinning disc or rotating mech, which would allow for a direct shot through the pops from the flippers. Makes me think that one of the arrow inserts will be an extra ball shot.

f40aac8e1f45b108d2a4c89cf3653ac44e8a3f98.jpeg (resized).jpgf40aac8e1f45b108d2a4c89cf3653ac44e8a3f98.jpeg (resized).jpg
#2835 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Where's your money Mr. BOP, South Park, Monster Bash, Central park?

in my Family Guy and Pinbot if you must insist

#2836 3 years ago
Quoted from La4s:

I the big circle is probably a spinning disc or rotating mech, which would allow for a direct shot through the pops from the flippers. Makes me think that one of the arrow inserts will be an extra ball shot.[quoted image]

I’m thinking the big circle is a CV-style ringmaster that can go up or down...or maybe a retractable pop bumper

#2837 3 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

I’m thinking the big circle is a CV-style ringmaster that can go up or down...or maybe a retractable pop bumper

Possibly a rising or rotating stage?

#2838 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It wasn't just you. I've been around pinball for a long time and I almost got locked out of jjPotC after I got hit by disc-gate and trunk-gate and canceled my preorder. Fortunately I was able to chance course once it was obvious it was a masterpiece and got a NIB literally a few days before they dried up.

Yeah, yeah, and Lawlor is a control freak holding Eric back and should retire and blah blah blah. We get it.

Wonka shoots great and uses magnets and combos better than any game I've played. It's a great game. Shoots smoother than any other game as well. I just find the shots a little on the easy side, but tz is the same there...

The only thing I see as bad is the sound. I think it DOES sound a bit like a slot machine, but I can see past that.

#2839 3 years ago
A5102C86-8F41-491B-9471-724B33C75740.gifA5102C86-8F41-491B-9471-724B33C75740.gif
#2840 3 years ago
Quoted from La4s:

Possibly a rising or rotating stage?

Slash Bash.

PositiveAstonishingCrow-size_restricted.gifPositiveAstonishingCrow-size_restricted.gif
#2841 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

"It sounds like a slot machine" - Literally not true. I dug up footage of the Wonka slots and compared side by side. False pinside narrative.

Strongly disagree....those sounds are straight up nauseating. I find it humorous that you took the literal approach and compared it to THE Wonka slot machine. It was a general comparison to stereotypical slot machines overall. Different strokes for different folks, skippy.

#2842 3 years ago

Can't wait !
Is there a subway there somewhere ?

sl1 (resized).jpgsl1 (resized).jpg
#2843 3 years ago

No drops. Stripped out game. looks like its gonna be fast play.

#2844 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It wasn't just you. I've been around pinball for a long time and I almost got locked out of jjPotC after I got hit by disc-gate and trunk-gate and canceled my preorder. Fortunately I was able to change course once it was obvious it was a masterpiece and got a NIB literally a few days before they dried up.

wonka does sound like a slot machine though. Sound effects especially the narrator (LE) is terrible - some of the worst in pinball history. Such a great shooter though. Just a major disappointment b/c the theme was so strong. Code is still a mess considering what could have been done and I've given the game two tries (purchased for my home) to really get into - had to part ways. and yes, I understand the code.....

You make a valid point though about making up your own mind. Kaneda is hyping the shit out of a game he hasn't even played yet or have ANY idea about the code. You can be excited, you can pump up but this is a level that even exceeds wonka at this point. I'm hoping the game delivers and it prob will FOR ME b/c I'm a huge GnR fan but that fact alone might take it to the next level while other non GnR fans might think it's good but not great and say Chris pumped it up again.

#2845 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well yeah when you see a big cut out section of the PF you'd think uupper PF is usually the cause. That would make me think your "?" area by the left inlanes is maybe an exit from the upper PF?

Axls hand grabbing the mic.

#2846 3 years ago

These fuzzy images remind me of when I was a kid and would turn on the blocked spice channel late at night...just trying my hardest to decipher anything of umm value

#2847 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I just like drop targets... they are a staple of pinball mechs... and they act as barricades and dividers, and locking mechs and... well you get a lot of milage out of a set of drops. It allows for whole banks to be scored in one shot, if your good enough... so shoot me if I point it out this has no banks of drops, so it has 2 strikes already. First strike is it's GNR, which has not been one of my band favorites, because in Ohio, where I grew up, well we have heard our share (and then some) of GNR. Right who-dey? Don't want to piss off the GNR crowd... but not sure I can take Welcome to the Jungle in large quanities if I owned one at home. It may still be a winner, because, well it is Eric...

Im from cincinnati and Fucking love Welcome to the Jungle. If the rest of the game is loaded Drop Targets are not a necessity ala PoTC

#2848 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I urge people to evaluate games on their own.
I've only been in the hobby a few years, but I've already seen a repeated pattern where $podcaster or $pinsider shits on $newgame, rallys people behind them, and the game is unjustly harmed by it.
Recall some of the vitriol lobbed at Wonka and amplified by Pinside:
"The game is worthless without audio on the video clips." - An incredibly stupid take in my view, because nobody wants to see the same clips 1000 times. Once you've played them a few times you start skipping them. Do you want a 10k DVD player with bad controls, or a pinball machine?
Turns out, Wonka is a very good game and designed for longevity in your collection. It's a shame the podcast/Pinside hivemind talked some people out of enjoying it.
Nobody's opinion on a game matters but your own. Have an open mind, don't expect perfection (nothing in life is), and remember this stuff is for having fun!

Just throwing this out there.

Two guys i play pinball with on a regular basis, both have been in the hobby for over a decade. Both like woz. Also both do not post on pinside nor listen to podcasts or even know who Kaneda is.

However both commented they Really did not enjoy Wonka at all when we played an LE at a friends collection recently.

#2849 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

However both commented they Really did not enjoy Wonka at all when we played an LE at a friends collection recently.

That's totally fine - not every game is for every person, and I'll be honest...Wonka makes a rough first impression.
It's very difficult and it takes time to understand the code, understand what all the audio clips mean (so they make sense), etc.

Wonka isn't necessarily my point, here. My point is don't let Pinside make up your mind on a game.

#2850 3 years ago

Figured out the center hole ... after 45 minutes of game play, Axl finally shows up and starts singing while the rest of the band has been playing for awhile. The small dots on the playfield are to illuminate the 'audience' with what appears to be lighters.

GnFnR!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 11,000.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/57?hl=procrastinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.